Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:51 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

"You call yourself a member of Collective Mind? Pathetic. Nát aut," Yuan scoffed from within her mind. When they merged, it seemed she took more of a liking to Elvarin as opposed to Val'Elvarin. The pompous orch.

"Law thraston," she retorted.

Atani sighed as she looked into the mirror. She knit her brows as she saw how her hair turned from blonde to white, how her eyes turned from emerald to gold. She could feel the goddess trying to take over from within. She could feel the pain coursing through her veins. She closed her eyes.

Deep breath in... deep breath out.

When she opened them again, she was back to her normal self. She was still Atani.

She turned on the sink and splashed her face with water. She couldn't let Yuan get under her skin... Not here of all places. Gods, she shouldn't even have come to the Fabricator.

@ TAG
151/2000 (20% WC Reduction, Explorer's Belt)

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Lu7gGv2
#ff6666 - Fiorian #cc6666 - Elvarin #996666 - Val'Elvarin
#ffe666 - Fiorian #ccc666 - Elvarin #999966 - Val'Elvarin
#9b2222 - Sinese

#2Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:53 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Atani already knew Yuan's thoughts on the matter. She thought they had agreed to keep their interests separate, but it seemed Yuan wasn't holding up her end of the bargain.

Typical.

"You really should have joined the Third Movement," she drawled on from within her mind. "Do you honestly think the Fabricator is safe in the hands of Talaz Lagaar?"

Atani remained silent. She... didn't know that. Not really. She just knew she'd been doing all she could to help the citizens of Talaz Lagaar this whole time. How could she turn their backs on them now and give another faction control of the Fabricator? Well... maybe as long as it didn't get in the hands of the Robot Separatists. But were they really so bad either? It wasn't something she really felt passionate about, but maybe...

Oh, never mind. None of this made much sense to the Wood Elf.

@ TAG
301/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#3Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:55 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

"You're staying awfully silent there, Atani..." Yuan hummed. "Maybe it's because... you know I'm right?"

"I... don't know who to side with," she admitted. "I've already shown I cared about the people by helping, but-- "

"No, no," Yuan interrupted. "Don't say you cared for the people. You cared for the humans. There is so much more to Talaz Lagaar than just them."

"Well... sure, but-- "

"But nothing."

Atani left the bathroom and went to find someplace else where she could hold this mental argument with Yuan. She couldn't be doing this in there. It was only a matter of time before someone else came in and saw her doing... whatever it was she did with Yuan. Ever since the Fractured Sky, ever since fusing with this goddess who had been trapped in the void, nothing has been the same. She quite literally would change physical form in front of people's eyes.

@ TAG
452/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#4Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:56 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Not even Elioriel was able to find a solution to that-- not a permanent one at least-- and she had helped Atani so much already. She couldn't ask her to continue to help with this when she had so many other things to do... She actually wondered if Elioriel had thoughts on the matter of the Fabricator. She was someone Atani was willing to listen to.

"Á lasta ni," Yuan pleaded. "I am right here... I have been in the void for so long. I know a lot more about this place than you realize."

"Û."

"Û?"

"Avon cared. I am not going to entertain these thoughts, Yuan."

Atani could tell Yuan was rolling her eyes in there. Atani felt the urge to do the same back, but it felt strange in public... Not that she was around anyone else right now, but they could come in the room for all she knew.

@ TAG
605/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#5Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:57 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Gods, was this how it was for Zane? She had never actually seen him change into a demon before, not even partially. Maybe he was just more used to the magic than she was, or maybe this soul was uniquely difficult. She didn't know. She had never actually asked anyone about this. Zane and Daiko were the only ones she knew with magics even remotely close to hers, and they were all so different from one another. A demon, a phoenix, and a goddess... Pretty much nothing in common except that they occupied someone else's body in exchange for magic.

"I have a feeling you already are, Atani."

The elf clenched her fists. She could feel a change beginning to happen again. With a wave of her hand, she created a pool of water to see her reflection and try to fix it.

"Look, Yuan, I don't want you to take over, but... I think we can work something out."

@ TAG
765/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#6Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:58 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

"I'm listening..."

Atani felt relieved to see her form shifting back to normal again in the reflection of the puddle. She magic'd the water away and went back to talking with her worse half.

"You're... probably right. About a lot of things. About Talaz Lagaar especially. I'm willing to see if what you say about the Fabricator is true, but I need to see it for myself."

"That's... reasonable, I suppose."

"Alright, so you'll let me handle this one today?"

She couldn't really see it, but she could still somehow tell Yuan was nodding her head. To cement it, Atani could no longer feel Yuan vying for control of her body, which was a first since she had stepped within a one kilometer radius of the Fabricator. After giving her body a once over, smoothing out any wrinkles in her clothes and straightening her braids, she felt confident enough to go back to work.

@ TAG
919/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#7Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:00 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Atani left the empty room and headed towards the hub of the facility, where all the other Loyalists were gathered. Several of them already knew their duties. Some were to patrol the grounds. Others were just outside the doors, guarding the facility. A smaller handful worked close by the Fabricator to ensure everything was running smoothly. Given that Atani was still new to the Loyalists (well, she hadn't actually joined them yet, but they were nice enough to show her around) she didn't quite have a fixed role to play yet. So for the time being, she was allowed to peruse the hub and get a lay of the land, so to speak.

Atani watched as the Fabricator worked behind reinforced glass panels. It was certainly... something. Like so many things in Talaz Lagaar, it was like nothing she had ever seen. Fiore and Athalran were leagues behind Talaz Lagaar.

@ TAG
1069/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#8Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:01 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

As Atani was gazing at the Fabricator, someone in a lab coat-- one of the scientists, she assumed-- walked up next to her and said something in a language she didn't understand. She turned to face them looking somewhat confused. It was that unusual tongue they called the 'Common Language' here in Talaz Lagaar. She still hadn't gotten the hang of it yet.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I don't..." she spoke in Fiorian. A look of realization came over the man and he nodded his head.

"Ahhh, you are from Fiore?" he spoke the language well, albeit with an accent. Atani gave him an affirmative nod. Athalran, technically, but she almost always said Fiore to be easier. She was basically from both anyhow.

"It is magnificent, isn't it?" the scientist asked as he looked at the Fabricator with Atani.

"It's my first time seeing it in person," she explained. But her answer was yes, especially if this thing was even half as impressive as they said it was.

@ TAG
1236/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#9Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:03 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Atani and the man began to discuss some more things regarding the Fabricator. Some of the information he shared, she already knew, such as the fact it was capable of creating nearly anything. She didn't know, however, how much power it drew from the Fractured Sky.

"And... it's safe drawing so much power from that?" the elf questioned.

"Well, yes," the man said, sounding somewhat surprised she had even asked such a question. "We have operated it safely for generations."

"Huh, alright..." Her voice trailed off as she contemplated his response. She supposed that even if this wasn't safe, a Talaz Lagaar Loyalist wouldn't dare speak ill of the very machine that was responsible for the technological state of the Mechanical City. Having visited the Fractured Sky herself, after visiting the void, after losing so much to it and getting Yuan in return, she didn't know how this was truly safe for the citizens of Talaz Lagaar.

@ TAG
1393/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#10Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:04 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

"Thoughts, Yuan?" Atani asked the goddess. She did not pose the question aloud; the conversation only took place in the confines of her mind.

"He's lying."

Atani concurred with the assessment, but to which extent the man was lying, she did not know. And she did not think he was ignorant on the behaviors of the Fractured Sky either. He definitely knew more than he was letting on, but she did not know, however, if his intentions were malicious. She wanted to believe all the Loyalists had good intentions for Talaz Lagaar, but she hated to think they were doing it while keeping dangerous secrets from the people they were trying to protect. Atani didn't know if she could get behind that...

Atani thanked the man for helping her out and asked if she could be shown to the research department, briefly explaining that she actually did have experience regarding the Fractured Sky and she was curious to know more.

@ TAG
1553/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#11Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:05 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

Atani entered one of the research rooms and watched with amazement as the Talaz Lagaar scientists went to work operating machines she had never even touched before. Some of the stuff, it reminded her of Archive Magic, but she wasn't even sure half the people in the room were mages.

The elf was shown around the facilities, shown the ropes for how some of the Loyalists were currently working to safeguard the operations of the Fabricator.

"This is very good intel," Yuan mentioned from within her mind. "This would be perfect for the Third Movement to know..."

Atani had started out this whole day thinking she was going to be helping the Loyalists, but at this point, it was turning into an espionage mission for the other side, and Yuan couldn't be happier about it.

"I just... I don't know about this," Atani told Yuan. But it was already too late.

@ TAG
1704/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

#12Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:06 pm

Atani

atani

The Sylvan Fay

"You're making the right choice," Yuan tried to reassure her, but Atani didn't know how she felt about the goddess who was her worse half saying that she was doing the right thing. She wasn't really evil, but she definitely had a different set of morals and ideals that sometimes clashed with that of her own.

Atani continued on with her tour. She took notes during the whole thing, and when they weren't looking, she collected miscellaneous samples, pieces of data, anything that could help someone better understand the operations of the Loyalists. Many she would whisk away into the pocket dimension for later use.

She left the facility at some point, around when most of the other Loyalists were leaving. She ran off to a private place in Talaz Lagaar, away from the public eye and prying cameras. She shifted into a kite for good measure and flew off.

@ TAG
1854/2000

[Kite Metamorphose]

#9b2222 - Sinese

#13Atani 

Sabotage the Infrastructure [Quest: Atani] Empty Sat Aug 12, 2023 4:11 pm

Atani

atani

The Goddess of Mercy

She landed some distance away and shifted into her normal, non-avian form. Except, she wasn't Atani anymore; she was Yuan. Her hair had grown long and silver. Horns sprouted from the top of her head, and her eyes took a golden hue. She was roughly the same height, but her facial features had changed completely as well. Without knowing who Atani was and what kind of magic she possessed, there was virtually no way of knowing that this woman and Atani were one in the same.

Atani was their face for the 'Loyalists,' and Yuan was their face for the Third Movement. Yuan strolled down the alleyway she had said she'd meet her contact in and waited for them to show themselves. When they made themselves known, they said a secret phrase to Yuan, which she responded to in accordance with what they had discussed before. This established they were indeed on the same side, and Yuan slipped the Third Movement members the intel Atani had gathered.

@ TAG
2021/2000

#9b2222 - Sinese

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum