Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tempris 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:56 pm

Tempris

*Dear Journal, It has been a few days in this loving land. Some of the others curse the very love he blesses upon us. I wish I could free these people from the chains of suffering they pray for instead of your love but…* Tempris wipes lifts the gold band to wipe the sweat away from under her white headdress. Looking around for a brief moment, she could see the sun finally reached the peak of the sky. She returned to her book. *I fear doubt must be clouding their mind. Even his most devoted is finding her own mind wandering with the dullness of mindless walking.* The girl closed the book and reached for her water sack. She let the last drops of warm water run down her throat before giving up.

“Are we there yet?” The girl took a deep breath, “We have been walking for days and nothing has happened. I feel so… unproductive…”

In truth, the group had been roaming this desert with no sign of the temple. Their supplies were running low and tensions were running high, at least with the few staff members who came off the boat. “I see now why I was told there were no restrictions… Cause there is nothing here…”

#2Zerutod 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Tue Jun 13, 2023 1:54 am

Zerutod
Kazz readjusts his hood to shield his head from the sun's unyielding onslaught. Even while doing so he wished his hood could somehow block out Nen's constant complaining and whining even a fraction as well. "How much longer until we reach this temple we have been over this walking for days now, and the heat is unbearable. " She continued to cry. Kazz let out a frustrated sigh," For someone who doesn't have a body i don't understand why any of that matters. " Kazz snapped. Kazz doesn't like to talk to Nensh in front of others since they can't see or hear her but over the last few days her complaining had worn him down to the point where he didn't much care.  Nensh shot him a dirty look "You know full well that all my discomfort is coming from the fact your hot and tired " "Yet I'm not crying about it like you. start acting like a Saito and give me a break from your bitchin." Kazz quipped. Kazz's Attention was taken off of Nensh for a moment as Tempris commented on the nothing they have found so far. He couldn't help but agree but chose to keep it to himself he was sure no one was in high spirits about this and him echoing this wouldn't help things.

#3Tempris 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Mon Jun 19, 2023 1:56 am

Tempris

The desert guide for the guild turned to complaining party. He wiped his brow and then looked at the map. According to the paper, they were suppose to be there but he struggled to find a way to express himself... and it shown. He knew some of the personalities in this group were a bit volatile... or at least that's what the rumors said. After a deep breath he tried to bite the bullet. "It is suppose to be here. However, it is a small margin of error when trying to find specific points in a place like this. Thats why we were planting these flags... remember? Your guild master explained this."

Tempris glared at the man but held her tongue. Now was not the time to lash out at this disrespect. The man flinched with everyone looked at him, despite any response they might have given. After surviving that experience, the man pulled out a magic device. It glowed red, signaling that the weather would be changing shortly. He took a deep breath. "I feel it would be best if we set up camp here." An auditable grown filled party.
"We will pickup tomorrow after the sandstorm passes. For now, here are the watch schedules."

Tempris looked at the paper and saw that she was partnered with Kazz. He was not the worst person in that meeting... but he was no Ikanbi. Though maybe that was just first impressions. Going to her and Kazz's spot to set up their tents, she made quick work creating her spot of shade. Thirst begged her to act but her will and faith alone kept her mask of content going. Pride decorated her mouth with a small grin. Finally, it was their leisure time in this land so loved by thy lord.

"So... it was... umm... Kazz right? It seem fate as brought us together... Perhaps you have or are experiencing suffering... maybe?"

#4Zerutod 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Mon Jun 19, 2023 4:11 pm

Zerutod
After a few minutes of the guide looking at his map after turning to the group the words that Kazz was dreading Finally escaped his lips. Of course, they were lost for the last few days it felt like they have been walking in circles so it came as little surprise with the information finally came out. This bothered Kazz very little to be honest, it was Nensh whose ire the guide gained. Kazz spent the next few minutes tuning out her tantrum at the news. He knew reacting would only make it worst so he just let her rage for a bit while he looked over the watch schedule. This was nothing new to him, but the person he was grouped with was. "The Zealot Loli? " Kazz tended to be awful at remembering names so most people he was around he would give nicknames to. This name isn't based on anything he has seen for himself but he has heard from other guild mates that despite her looks she can be "Overzealous" when it comes to the church. This would worry him under normal circumstances but he has been dealing with Nensh so he more than welcomes the change of pace.

After setting up his tent for the night. unfortunately, time did not quell Nensh's rage as she continued to curse and complain about the situation. Even once he finished he was still forced to turn out the Cat. That was when an unexpected voice caught his attention. Kazz missed the first part of her sentence but for some reason the "Perhaps you have or are experiencing suffering" part caught his ear even over Nensh ranting. Something about it that was very familiar to him, before he realized it he patted the girl on the head and replied  " No, I'm fine Shiho........ Just as those words left his mouth he realized what he did. He quickly removed his hand from atop her head and nervously cleared his throat " Oh ya It's Kazz. Sorry about that, I'm preoccupied thinking about other things but no I'm fine for now." This awkward moment caused Nensh to stop her complaining which was now replaced with her with her obnoxious laughter. Kazz looked at her he knew all too well what a fake smile looked like " You know on Second thought I might be experiencing a bit of suffering. Did you have something in mind? "

#5Tempris 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Thu Jun 22, 2023 2:19 am

Tempris

Did this sinner just pat her head like she was some smol child. The girl's smile dropped and her eyes shot not daggers but flaming swords of retribution at the man. It did not take long for the man to realize his mistake but was it too late? If this was Ikanbi or Kon, she probably would have let it passed. Maybe Saturn on the account that she would love an excuse to force him into a duel or better, a baptism of fire. This man however was just another small amalgamation of sin that was still suffering in this dreadful world due to a dumb tattoo on her back. She readied herself to grab his receding arm but the man's words bought him time... if only a little.

"I see. Forgiveness is the way of Thy lord. Be it small misdemeanors or misguided actions full of sin."
The girl took a step to the man cracking a smirk.

"No need to be so humble or stoic. Pride and ego will not ease your pain, your... lack of awareness."
Her eyes flickered with magic, her holy magic and gift from Illumin.

"I am not thy lord, nor am I as clement. I was giving purpose, a mission for which I am not worthy of. Still, He entrusted me and I am to complete it. Only on a whim did I put it off for this silly game of treasure hunt." The girl then turned, "But in the spirit of Illumin, I will follow his will and forgive your belittling of me. Remember... I am no child... sinner."

#6Zerutod 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Tue Jun 27, 2023 12:35 am

Zerutod
Kazz looked on with an indifferent facial expression as she ranted. He thought for a moment of a way to calm her down but quickly disregarded the idea that anything he could say would help so he thought it best to listen through to the end.  Nensh on the other hand stopped her cackling and rolling on the ground. She immediately hopped up with a smirk, "Oh I like her! She's got spunk. ". Once she was done with her speech Kazz had a better idea to smooth things out. She was just as "Devoted" as he heard from the other guildies so he doubted something as simple as sorry would keep things from going off the rail for long.

"Ya I get it, Im a bit worn down from all the walking, heat, and Other things. But that's no excuse, right? My gramps always told me the wrong thing you can do is slight another by mistake. So to make things right ill pay a warrior's debt."  Kazz holds up two fingers "There are only two ways a warrior pays debt either in gold which I have none on me at the moment. but the other is......." An oddly creepy smile would begin to form on Kazz's face, as he makes sure he has her attention, as he puts one of his fingers down and places it in his mouth, and bites down. Slowly a crimson droplet runs down his finger and falls to the ground as he takes it out of his mouth and holds it out in front of his body "Is Five drops sufficient? " he would ask as 3 more drops fall to the ground.

#7Tempris 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Wed Jun 28, 2023 10:44 pm

Tempris

The man was no idiot. There was no excuses, no playing games, no silly little games. It was something she appreciated it so she was ready to drop her own aura but then the man did something stupid. She raised an eye as he put his finger in his mouth. Then she winched as he bite down. Dirty sinful blood dripped from his finger dirtying ground more. He was no idiot but that did not mean he wasn't crazy.

Her smile dropped, but her glared softened. Her halo appeared above her head and she lifted her finger. "I have no interest in gold... but also gain nothing from such... behavior." It took everything for the girl to skip over the word she had for such an action. Then she raised her her own finger and met the end of his. "Being freed from suffering and acceptance is all I... no... He asked for." Her eyes glowed and then her magic spread from her hands and engulf his hand in white and blue holy fire. The flames ravenously ate away the wound restoring his finger to normal. The the flames crawled up his arms devouring dirt, sand, aches, and soreness from the mans body until it crawled over his body.

The girl then turned away from the guy and walked out. "Its our turn to go on watch..." She pulled the doorway open. Outside was a magical invisible dome around the camp with two people guarding a lamia. One of the people had their hand on it feeding it magic while the other looked around half interested. Because of this, the sandstorm was kept at bay away from them but the watch was not going to be something she was gonna enjoy. "So... do you want to feed the orb... or should I start."

#8Zerutod 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Fri Jul 07, 2023 2:52 pm

Zerutod
Nensh Looked on Perplexed, as she healed Kazz's small wound. "I can't believe that didn't completely blow up in your face. I would have figured she would have taken that way worst. " Kazz flexed his finger and she was done with his healing him. It was a rather nice thing for her to do despite it being pointless. As the girl turns and walks away Kazz laments at the fact he called her Shiho he is thankful she didn't harp on that and was much more upset with the head pat which he guess was understandable. "Come on Nen we have 1st watch tonight." Kazz would shoot a dirty look in her direction signaling to her how done he was putting up her her Complaining. After a few seconds Kazz would follow the girl out the door and from what's could see tonight sandstrom was shaping up to be particularly bad. Which made him grateful they had the invisible dome protecting them. As they got closer to the orb that was making the invisible dome Tempris brought up the question of who should feed it first. Kazz thought for a moment of course, he initially thought he should go first but taking into account the pride of Tempris he figured he would let her go first he doubted either choice was going to be fun so he might as well not make things any more unnecessarily uncomfortable "I don't really have a preference so you can for first if you want."

#9Tempris 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Mon Jul 10, 2023 9:24 pm

Tempris

"Very well," Tempris closed her eyes and placed her hand on the orb. Upon doing so, it felt like her hand was metal and attached to an very strong magnet. The person who she relieve was able to easily remove their hand and they nearly stumbled to the ground. It was at that point that the girl felt a very powerful sucking force eating away her energy. Her breathing accelerated and thoughts of pulling away screamed in her mind. It was so weird and uncomfortable. Her arm trembled as if it was cold. However the girl managed to hold on and regain control of herself. The drain of mana lessened so the girl felt like she could relaxed.

Then she turned to the man. Could he handle this? Would he faint? The girl looked around the dome. It would not be good if it broke even for a second. "I would mentally prepare for this... Its... awfully dreadful."

#10Zerutod 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Tue Jul 11, 2023 12:45 am

Zerutod
Kazz would watch as she took over Orb duty and judging from her face it was something to not look forward to. Nansh closely examined the girl with a skeptical look on her face "Are you sure we should've let her go first?" She circles the girl while studying her body language "Looks pretty rough ". But Instead of joining in on the worrying of Tempris's capability, Kazz would only Ignore Nansh's inquiries. He felt confident enough in her to at least let her try if things started to go pear-shaped he would just think of some excuse to take over.

Kazz was never one for sitting around doing nothing so he decide he would walk the Perimeter of the dome, he didn't expect to find anything but it was something to do to keep him awake. After he started his third lap around the dome the sandstorm seemed to slowly but surely begin to die down which was a small Relief to Kazz. At worst their shift wouldn't have to strain as much keeping the dome up without the sandstorm. He figured he would go and ask Tempris how well she was holding up he made his way back over to her, but as he did something caught Nensh's eye she stopped as she squinted and strained to see past the blowing sand. "Ok, either we are way more Exhausted than I thought and im seeing a thing or there is something out there." As much as Kazz wanted to ignore her he sighed and looked out to into the storm. His eyes widened as he looked out and saw a huge structure in the distance.

"That.... that wasn't there earlier I'm sure of it " "You think it was buried under the sand and the storm unearth it?" "Like hell, it was a pretty big storm but it wasn't that big. Something else is going on." Just as Kazz was going to take off for the structure an image of Tempris flashed in his mind he couldn't just ditch her holding the dome up while he goes off to god knows what. he racked his brain trying to think of a solution he didn't want to take his eyes off the Structure for too long in fear of losing it but he need to at the very least tell someone about it.

Thats when an evil idea popped into his head. Kazz quickly reached down and grabbed Nen by the nape of her neck and threw her as hard as he could launching her at the Structure "Make yourself useful and keep an eye on this place while i go get help " He said with a gleeful laugh. He knew Nen couldn't scout it out but he could at the very least use her as a marker for where it was. He shot off in the direction to get to Tempris the fastest. He waved through what seemed like a sea of tents as he made his way to her, he didn't take too much care to be quiet since the more people he could inadvertently alert only helped his goal.

#11Tempris 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Tue Jul 18, 2023 6:56 pm

Tempris

Tempris watched as Kazz walked around. Patrolling was not a sin, she supposed. However, it did make her a bit envious of his own freedom. She would have her own turn of course but a heavy sigh wall all she allowed her self. It was fair. She gave him the choice and he choose to go second. She could not fault him for that. Eventually though he would escape her sights and at that point, she felt a scowl grow on her face. "Heretic... leaving me here alone. What if, hypothetically I faint or something... When it is his turn... I'm totally going to..." Suddenly she heard a commotion and saw Kazz running around tents in the less polite way. Half of her was happy but that was quickly hidden behind a fury ready to scold the man. "Hey! What gives you the right to just leave me here alone? This is not how the watch is suppose to go you sinner. You better have a good reason for this else... I might not forgive you a second time!"

#12Zerutod 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Wed Jul 19, 2023 11:45 pm

Zerutod
Kazz halted in his tracks, his eyes wide as they met Tempis's onslaught. For a moment, his flippant nature faltered, replaced by a mix of surprise and apprehension. He had expected her anger, but the intensity of her words caught him off guard. "Ssorry,[/color] " Kazz stammered, his usual bravado momentarily subdued. "I, uh... I saw the temple—our temple. It was right there, and I had to tell everyone. The sight of it... I couldn't just keep it to myself. We've got a temple waiting for us, and who knows what secrets it holds." Kazz's grin widened, his excitement mirrored in his voice. "I look forward to seeing you in action, Tempris. Just try not to set everything on fire, alright?" Kazz joked hoping to get her to soften to him somewhat

#13Tempris 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Sat Aug 19, 2023 1:17 am

Tempris

Tempris raised an eye brow as the man struggled to explain himself. So he claimed to have found a temple. Not just any temple though, he claimed to have found the very temple they were looking for. Big words for someone within purging range. His temptations of adventure and discover had no affect on the zealot however. She itched for conflict. She desired to fulfill her mission. She wanted to fight. If this man was not correct, she was going to get it. "Very well, sinner."

Tempris closed her eyes and injected more of her holy mana from Illumin into the orb. This made it glow red and let out an alarming ring. Anybody who was not away was alert and up now. Gathering to  orb they were all greeted by Tempris' eager smile. "Our Hero has revealed that he has received a revelations and was guided to our goal. The Temple is here!" The girl's voice, powered through devotion, fury, and divine power boomed through the crowd. Even the sandstorm started to recede revealing behind them the very thing they were looking for. Tempris eyes widen, killing her smile as she slowly panned her head up. The crowd turned around silent.

"A miracle from our lord. Salvation from our test of faith. Let this be proof of how hard we worked! Before us now! The Tombs of Ahmose, Slayer of Baufra"

1669/1600 (20% WC Relic)

#14Zerutod 

Scouring the Sands for Answers [CM-GSL] Empty Mon Aug 21, 2023 1:23 am

Zerutod
Upon Tempis raising the alarm, Kazz's mind snapped back to reality with a jolt. Nensh was going to be pissed that Kazz threw her, but hopefully, the excitement was enough to avoid hearing her complain about it. It was all about the art of distraction. Kazz couldn't wait to see her reaction, although he knew it wouldn't be pretty. But, hey, to him, the joy was in the chaos.  The sound echoed through the air, jolting everyone awake. Kazz casually leaned against a nearby pillar, observing with an amused smirk as the crowd thrived on Tempris' zealous energy. As the crowd gathered around the glowing orb The sandstorm started to recede, revealing a magnificent sight behind them. Kazz's eyes widened as he beheld the grandeur of the Tombs of Ahmose, Slayer of Baufra. It was a true marvel, towering in all its ancient glory. Gold-encrusted monuments broke the unending monotony of the horizon, once obscured by the sandstorm, now stretched before them, beckoning with its life-giving bounty. A juxtaposition of despair and hope, Desierto truly lived up to its name.

Kazz unfolded his arms, pushing himself off the pillar with a mischievous glint in his eyes. This was the moment he had been waiting for. The thrill of exploration, the dangers that lay within the tombs, the untold riches waiting to be discovered—it was all too tempting. He could practically taste the adventure in the air. With a casual swagger, Kazz strolled towards Tempris, a smirk playing at his lips. "Well, well, Tempris, it seems our little adventure just got a whole lot more interesting, doesn't it?" he mused, his voice dripping with a taunting edge. As they stood there, gazing at the entrance of the Tombs of Ahmose, they could sense the anticipation bubbling within them. The promise of adventure hung in the air, igniting a fire in their hearts. It was time to step into the unknown, to face the dangers and reap the rewards. The Tombs of Ahmose beckoned them, ready to unveil their secrets—secrets that would change their lives forever. And so, they marched forward, their hearts ablaze with determination, unaware of the challenges that lay ahead. Adventure awaited, and they were ready to embrace it with open arms.

2178 / 2000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum