Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Tomoe Tanaka 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:07 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
Tomoe truly was down on his luck - the last time he'd felt like this was months ago, when he'd lost Kusanagi. He'd picked himself back up since then, but had recently come to a startling conclusion: Caelum's swords wouldn't come to his aid at his call anymore. For days now they had been unwilling to assist him or to fight for him. Just like before, he only had his sword and his fists to rely on now. Nothing good could last forever, though, could it? Maybe he really wasn't cut out for the whole magic thing.

"Guess the whole thing's a bust...", Tomoe thought, kicking an empty can on the ground as he walked through Sakura Alley.

To pass the time while figuring out what he'd do about the magic situation - if anything - Tomoe had taken to investigating and looking into the words of a "Salamander" that had been in Hosenka lately. It was the title of some kind of fire mage, and using a particularly powerful brand of it at that. All he'd heard was that the Salamander was a woman, and that was about it. It wasn't much to go on, of course, but he didn't have much to lose. It was a night of reflection upon himself, so there was lots of time. He looked up at the stars, anticipating their glimmers and entranced in their beauty.

Had they always looked so nice?

Short Teleportation: 230/300 (70% reduced; Int + event)
Long Teleportation: 0/600 (70% reduced; Int + event)
Meteor: 0/1,200 (70% reduced; Int + event)
Instant Transmission: 0/1,200 (70% reduced; Int + event)

#2Natsumi Duranndal 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Thu Sep 03, 2020 6:50 pm

Natsumi Duranndal
Natsumi having been wandering the streets accidentally causing mass damage with her magic at the inn she was saying at, got kicked out as she was carrying all of her stuff with in her a bag. Soon smelling a familiar scent she hadnt smelled in quite a long time. Following the scent as soon it slowly got stronger and stronger, the scent of metal shavings and iron. Following the scene, she saw someone familiar to her, running up as it has been a long time since they last met as she is now much taller compared to when they last met, smiling as her teeth are sharper then they were, her pupils more sharper and slitted as she smiles

"You smell familiar....are you someone from my guild.....no your tomoe aren't you, the scent of iron and metal shavings are coming off of you. It is me Natsumi Duranndal.
She says as she stuck her tongue out, showing her guild emblem. Having been gone missing, training for the past years has most guild members beside Masami haven't heard a word from her, about her besides random rumors involving her nickname, she doesn't call herself that but the name 'Salamander' Seemed to have stuck for some reason, tho fitting as she was a Fire Dragon Slayer tho Her guildies would't know about it. She placed her bag down on the ground as she held her hand out

Fire Dragon's Roar Nova [1,367/1,400]
Fire Dragon's Blooming Fist [105/525]

#3Tomoe Tanaka 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:23 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
Between the subtle and more feral changes to her appearance and her absolutely massive increase in height, Natsumi was barely recognizable to Tomoe. When it came to a matter of who was looking up at who, the roles had certainly reversed. Tomoe had grown shorter, and Natsumi much taller. Was this the true potential of puberty? It hit her like an Etherion Cannon, to where he wondered if she was even human still.

"Natsumi, eh? You certainly... increased. How's it been? Last I recall you were tryin' to take my bounty.", Tomoe greeted her, raising out his own hand to her in acceptance.

He had to admit to being somewhat paranoid of her, given the whole thing that had happened between them over a year ago. What else could he say? She was certainly full of vim and vigor, for better or worse. Well, was the paranoia truly to do with her, or something of a feeling within his own body? He felt something whenever he looked up at the night sky and the shining stars above.

This thought was interrupted by seeing flames spread out a few blocks away, smoke rising. "Uhh... and what would that be about? You know anythin' about that?", the Joyan continued, pointing to the blaze raging blocks away.

He leaned to his left side with his arms crossed, an inquisitive look and a raised brow scanning the girl for what she might know. Intentional arson wasn't okay among Penumbral Guard members. That wasn't a specific rule of course, but the point remained. As he said this, stress visible on his face from the potential for his guild mate to have burned down a building, he put his fingers on his forehead and closed his eyes. For a split second while making this motion he almost felt the start of something changing within him, magically, but he put it off for the moment.

Short Teleportation: 300/300 (70% reduced; Int + event) Trained!
Long Teleportation: 218/600 (70% reduced; Int + event)

#4Natsumi Duranndal 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Thu Sep 03, 2020 9:55 pm

Natsumi Duranndal
Seeing how short he had gotten, she wondered if it is due to her growth spurt, or did he just shrink, Not knowing as he brought up his bounty, that brought back memories

"Ahh right, that was before I left to train...I been traveling and training in solitude ever since then, I was planning to head back to the guild after I finish my buisness here"

She let out a hardy laugh as she saw the smoke rise. Nervous as she turned to him, looking down as she can see he is stressed
"Ahh that......well my magic has gotten stronger and well way more destructive....I sometimes leave a trail of destruction by accident....Like breaking wall.....the floor, Oh also all the oil lamps they have around here really isnt good for a fire mage. I accidentally blew up the inn."

She said as she looked back, hoping just wishing at this point that the name Salamander isnt used in the incident....she didn't tell anyone that was her so probably not.

"Ahh well I don't do it on purpose..... it is just, fire around lamps that are powered y flammable oil don't make a great combonation....So I proably wont stick around Hosenka for that much longer, if you like after we can head to get something to eat, I am starving, and maybe we can train some....I know it might be odd but I wanna show you what I can do"

Proclaiming such, confident in her strength as a Dragon Slayer, and her flames. Hoping he produces some flames somehow, that make a good meal"

Fire Dragon's Roar Nova [1,400/1,400]
Fire Dragon's Blooming Fist [355/525]

#5Tomoe Tanaka 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Thu Sep 03, 2020 10:49 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
She was full of fire, both literally and figuratively. That was good, at least, but... what wasn't good was burning down a building and then leaving it to smolder without taking responsibility. This was like the part in a movie where the bad guy destroys a place of importance and then frames it on the hero - only in this case, the 'hero' in question was responsible for both. Oil aside, what was she doing showing off her magic like that? Maybe the newer generation just did things that way. Back in Tomoe's day, abilities were kept secret so that opponents couldn't guess what he would do before he did it. Perhaps those days were long gone, and the Joyan swordsman was simply behind the times. That was likely.

Hey, wait, I'm not an old man yet. Dammit!, Tomoe thought, turning his gaze back to Natsumi after she'd finished speaking.

He took a few steps back, distancing himself to be about five meters away from her, making it very obvious that this is what he was doing. He nodded at her request to train, and being that there was nowhere where they could really go to spar nearby, in the middle of Sakura Alley felt like a good enough place. The cherry blossoms of the park they were in were beautiful, elegant, and also reminded the Joyan of his native land where they so often carried the scent of blood upon them.

Tomoe didn't reach for his sword, simply standing the five meter distance away from her. Focusing his mana with a concentrated expression, the image of stars in the night sky was coming to mind even when he wasn't gazing up at them. Why? What did that mean? There wasn't time to think about it. When he brought his fingers up to his forehead, he felt that same feeling of magical energy gathering, but it wouldn't release. Perhaps there was another condition he was missing still? There had to be. For the moment, though, he had to acknowledge this as a proper sparring match.

"You ready to go? I've got some new tricks of my own, y'know. Let's see what's changed, yeah?", Tomoe spoke, a cunning grin forming on his face as he winked at her.

Long Teleportation: 567/600 (70% reduced; Int + event)

#6Natsumi Duranndal 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Fri Sep 04, 2020 3:08 pm

Natsumi Duranndal
Natsumi saw him distancing himself, to a mininum of 5 meters, Knowing this was a good amount of distance between them to start fighting, she didnt hesitate to take a fighting stance, her left foot infront as she stands sideways, picking up her guard as if she was about to throw down with fists. A much different method of fighting then how she used to, Using spells to fight from a distance while limiting his options of movement. Like when they first fought she created aa wall of fire around the sides of him so he has no choice but to run into the fireball she casted back then.
Thinking back Natsumi remembered how weak she was, excited to show Tomoe what she can do now.

her fists ignite, different then how she once fought, her fists actually on fire as her right fist was engulfed in flames, burning strong and her left, a spirally vortex of flames were covering it, trailing up her arm.
Soon she steps down with her rear foot, the ground shattering, breaking apart as she lunges forward at a quick pace, appearing before him in an instant as she left a rather big crater

Throwing a single punch with her right, her fist moving fast, being quite strong as she aimed at his gut, if hit he would be blown back a few meters as she punched point blank. As soon as she threw the punch, she stepped forward throwing her other fist as it bursts. A 2 meter tunnel of flames are shot out at him, Spinning rapidly as upon impact it will deal C rank Damage and Blow him back even more back. Soon after she stood tall while in a defensive state prime towards combating swordsmen, ready to catch his blade, her fists coated in normal flames.

"How do you like that, I have indeed improved compared to back then, I am much stronger"

[Wc=305]

Fire Dragon's Blooming Fist [525/525]

Statistics:

Spells Mana 1063/1150:

Spell Cooldown:

#7Tomoe Tanaka 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:04 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
Just as the girl had charged forward at Tomoe, all of a sudden the man was covered in red leather armor and a black cloak that appeared from seemingly thin air, summoned forth by magic.The heat was more potent than last time, and Tomoe admitted that he was impressed at the girl's change in tactics. Rather than blast away at him from a distance, she instead brought the fight face to face. He remembered that the last time when she had attempted a ranged battle, it didn't fare well for her. Anticipating her to run away and for him to be the one doing the pursuing, he had to admit he was caught off guard by her charge forward. She had no weapons and only wore a robe, so the thought of her as a melee fighter was immediately something unexpected for the Joyan who had grown accustomed to fighting armored opponents. At the same time, it could also potentially spell the girl's undoing if she wasn't careful.

Her attacks were hotter than before, and hit harder. That being said, they still weren't enough just yet to cause him mortal injury. The attacks wouldn't hinder him, but he allowed the momentum of her strikes to push him back to test their potential to knock back a target. His armor would take the damage, and still remain intact. The damage from her assault was more substantial than he'd have expected, but nothing he hadn't handled in the past - after all, she wasn't the only one who'd grown in strength.

"Not bad, not bad. How about this, then?"

Tomoe lunged forward to close the gap between them in less than a blink, kicking with his right leg towards her midsection - a move reminiscent of their last fight, being the attack that had previously finished her off. As he made his movement, he felt and saw his body glow golden for a brief moment which shocked him. Nevertheless, he carried through with the attack.

Long Teleportation: 600/600 (70% reduced; Int + event) Trained!
Meteor: 290/1,200 (70% reduced; Int + event)

Stats:

Equipment:

Mana/Spells:

#8Natsumi Duranndal 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Fri Sep 04, 2020 7:03 pm

Natsumi Duranndal
Natsumi sees her attacks effect him, soon seeing his ongoing attack as clear as day, remembering how much damage he did to her with the same attack. She had trouble breathing, a seering pain in her stomach. Not this time standing her ground as she breaths in, her cheeks puffing up as her eyes focus in, becoming smaller and more reptillian like. Felling the kick into her midsection was rough, holding her ground, being pushed back ever so slightly, her heels digging into the ground as she grabs his leg, Holding onto it tight so he can't get away. Soon she roars Fire at point blank range, An explosive Torrent of flame, A 2 meter diameter Concentrated of flames fired upwards to his upper body and head, The oil lamps nearby all blowing up from the area heating up from her attack, the trees and grass catching on fire. Letting out a inhumane dragonic roar, sounding more like the monsters of legend rather then a Human Female.

Once her attack was finished, she let go and back away, having dealt him with A rank damage, an impossible to miss shot. Backing up as she pants, standing tall despite feeling the pain in her midsection.

[WC=206]

Fire Dragon's Blooming Fist [525/525]

Statistics:

Spells Mana 923/1150:

Spell Cooldown:

#9Tomoe Tanaka 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:23 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
For a brief moment as Natsumi caught his leg, Tomoe was looking a dragon in its maw. As she breathed in deeply while enduring his attack, for a moment it looked as if he were well and truly caught. Caught like this, her enduring his kick, it did do him proud. He smiled in the brief moment it took for her to begin casting her spell. Right before the magic circle would appear and blast the Joyan with what could only be described as dragon fire, his instinctual reaction was to once more quickly bring the index and middle fingers from his left hand to his forehead. He felt mana swirling within him as Natsumi was beginning to breathe out. It was imperfect, but he'd make it just in time. Whatever kind of spell he was casting, it would work well enough for now. Time felt as if it slowed down, and just as Natsumi was beginning to exhale her flames, the body of the crimson cutthroat would disappear from view entirely.

Instead, after the blast Natsumi had fired forth had gone through and set ablaze lord knows how many oil lanterns in front of her, Tomoe would appear about 15 meters away in the opposite direction. Confused for a moment and looking at Natsumi's back, he was awe-struck at his own magic. Somehow, he had... teleported? It wasn't speed. He was in one place, and now by channeling mana he was in another place. Tomoe didn't even know such a feat was possible, let alone something he of all people could pull off. Still, it felt as if his mana shorted out before he could reach the spell's full potential. It was teleportation, sure, but he still felt as if he wasn't getting as much out of it as he put in.

He felt his eyes look towards the stars once again, briefly, before returning his gaze to the fire mage that was now panting, the blow clearly doing more than he intended. A golden aura flickered around Tomoe for a split second before dying out again like a candle weakening against an intense storm.

"Oi! Natsumi! I'm over here now. That was a solid attack, and I'm sorry to say I dunno what happened! I'd happily give that blast a 7/10 though! It's way better than last time, and ya didn't keel over instantly when I kicked ya! I think that's pretty good too!", Tomoe shouted from the 15 meter distance, unsure if they were still fighting or not considering Natsumi still seemed to have taken his strike hard.

He would stand there and await her next move. Feeling more mana building within him, he would start to bring his fingers to his forehead once again subconsciously as a slightly stronger golden aura began flickering across his body. He would need to further test his theories of this magic he didn't know - something so different from Caelum's swords, yet the usage of mana to cast spells came just as easily to him as before.

Meteor: 746/1,200 (70% reduced; Int + event)

Stats:

Equipment:

Mana/Spells:

#10Natsumi Duranndal 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Sat Sep 05, 2020 10:45 pm

Natsumi Duranndal
Natsumi was caught in the explosion as due to how many they were, there was a chain reaction, causine almost all the oil lamps to explode as well causing massive damage and ignite everything in fire. Standing almost completely unharmed from the explosion, looking around at tomoe, soon running up to him "Wow that was cool....a new magic awesome....." She looked around to see the place on fire.
"Umm I guess I should take care of that before it spreads huh."

She says as soon she openede hert mouth, all the surrounding flames going to her mouth as she begins to eat the flames as with the amount there wewre it took awhile but all fire was out and in her stomach.

"sorry about that, but it was quite a hefty meal, I have to admit the flames from the oil lamps actually are quite good to eat. Oh I guess I should explain, I have an ancient type of magic now, a Lost magic. I am The Fire Dragon Slayer. She says proudly as she stood tall, grinning as she held a hand up, flames coming out of her fingers to form letters and spelled out 'First Generation'

#11Tomoe Tanaka 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Sun Sep 06, 2020 12:13 am

Tomoe Tanaka
"Dear god!", Tomoe shouted out as oil lamps began exploding, causing turmoil and chaos throughout the park.

Before the flames could spread and cause serious damage, Tomoe taking a step forward to act to try and put them out, he watched as Natsumi began to devour all the flames. They entered her maw like a vortex, disappearing entirely and leaving her unharmed as a result of the entire thing. Natsumi had certainly changed in more ways than simply growing, training her body or anything else. No, she had learned something... different.

As Tomoe closed the distance with a casual walk after she had seen to it that the flames were put out, he ran a hand from his forehead up and through his hair to wipe off the sweat from the heat that was engulfing the place moments prior. His armor and cape had disappeared in an arcane glow, returning and being sucked into his ring as he once more donned his casual, altered Joyan attire underneath. Hands on his hips, he eyed Natsumi curiously as she explained herself.

"Dragon Slayer, huh?"

Tomoe raised his hand to his head, closing his eyes in thought. Was this the thing he'd seen and heard talked about after exiting Zagan's Dungeon? It was certainly interesting, to say the least, that Natsumi numbered one among those chosen. In comparison to Zagan himself, though... well, she probably stood no chance as she was. Hell, Tomoe himself didn't know how he'd measure up to that man.

Upon opening his eyes, Tomoe was somewhere else entirely. Well, the same general area, but he had moved a good 30 meters away from Natsumi even though he was previously standing right in front of her.

"The fuck?"

The Joyan moved back to Natsumi, confused. Was this new magic of his going haywire? What even was it, and where was it coming from? Why now? This was not Caelum, not at all.

"It's my gift to you, Murakumo.", a voice spoke out in Tomoe's head, to him and only to him - a voice of a woman he had heard before.

His eyes widened for a moment, but he suppressed it. This wasn't the time. Not now. He'd need to discover what it meant later. Was this HER gift? Somehow, did SHE erase Caelum's armory and give him something different? He'd need to brush it off for now.

"What does being the Fire Dragon Slayer entail, then?", Tomoe blurted out after a small silence.

Meteor: 1,137/1,200 (70% reduced; Int + event)

Mana/Spells:

#12Natsumi Duranndal 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Tue Sep 08, 2020 11:14 am

Natsumi Duranndal
Natsumi looked at tomoe as he walked closer, her stomach full as she burps, lletting out a puff of flames as she rubbed her stomach, full and not hungry in the slightest, having to devour more then her own body to become full when it comes to normal food.
Seeing him suddenly vanish, amazed as she ran over to him again.

"Well I can devour flames like you just saw, Fire doesnt really hurt me, I can breath fire, and attack with it. Dragon Slayer magic is a lost type of magic that is used to fight dragons, by taking on attributes of a dragon, I have dragon scales for dissolving it, Dragon claws to attack with it, Dragon stomach to digest fire and dragon lungs to breath fire, I am still trying to get a handle on it myself, Even I dont know what I can really do. She says as she smiles, looking at tomoe as she thinks for a moment.

"I am trying to figure out a new attack, wanna see?"

She backs up as she breaths in, and breaths out, spinning as fire rushes around her at high speed, A mass amount of mana started to gather, releasing a heavy preassure form the pure mana that had gathere, soon jumping out of the fire to throw a punch but the fire and all the mana dissapates, she falls on the ground, flat on her face as she got up "Aww man I messed up again"

#13Tomoe Tanaka 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:06 pm

Tomoe Tanaka
"Like a dragon, huh?"

Tomoe put a hand to his chin, thinking about what that even meant. She took in the limbs of a dragon to cast spells? What would that even do to her? Regardless, she made it clear as day that it wasn't any kind of regular fire magic. Certainly, that was the sort of thing that intrigued Tomoe. Natsumi herself was interesting, but perhaps more interesting was whatever the origin of that magic was and who would even learn to do such a maniacal thing as copy a dragon.

A rumbling went on in Tomoe's head, and for a moment he saw a vision. In his mind's eye, he was flying high above the ground and overlooking all of Hosenka. After about a minute of levitating in place there, a woman in a shadowy cloak that twisted and contorted infinitely around her, began to rain down meteors on the city. People were being crushed mercilessly by the falling heavens, and there was no mercy to be found in the new and lawless land that was made from the ashes.

"If you don't do something, don't act, this too will be your fate. One among them. You don't want that, do you?", the woman spoke to Tomoe in their dreamlike alternate reality, high above a destroyed Hosenka; before Tomoe could answer, everything went blank.

When Tomoe 'awoke', he was ascended 30 meters above the ground, surrounded in a golden glow that made him shine like a star in the sky. In truth, and what Natsumi saw, was Tomoe rise into the sky all of a sudden with a blank expression on his face after she was done explaining the dragons and showing the new spell she was training. Was it a subconscious act done, Tomoe showing paranoia towards those flames and his magic kicking in to avoid it without his permission? Perhaps that was too far-fetched. Ridiculous, even.

Tomoe quickly gained control of the spell that he somehow already knew to be called 'Meteor', and slowly began his descent back to the ground and towards Natsumi. Upon returning to her vicinity, he rubbed the back of his head with an awkward expression.

"Uh... sorry, Natsumi. Today's been a weird day. There's this weird... feeling goin' on with me right now, and my mana is kinda going haywire. Heh."

With a playful sticking out of his tongue that also revealed his Penumbral Guard guild tattoo, he was trying to tell her in his own way that he'd be fine. Well... truth be told, he didn't know if he'd be fine, but he had to act as if he would be. That was simply how he'd need to conduct himself.

Afterwards, he gave a thumbs up towards Natsumi's attempt at a new spell. "The spell could use some work, but I'm sure you'll get it before long! Just put your fighting spirit into it, an' all that good shit!"

With a confident smile and a soulful laugh, he commended the girl on her improvements and her determination to continue improving on top of that. Behind that laugh, in his inner mind, was a man who had no idea what he was doing when it came to magic. He was less than a novice, and truly was just winging it at this point - but with enough effort and work put in, and cramming a ton of mana into it, anything was possible... right?

Meteor: 1,200/1,200 (70% reduced; Int + event) Trained!
Instant Transmission: 431/1,200 (70% reduced; Int + event)

Mana/Spells:

#14Natsumi Duranndal 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:58 am

Natsumi Duranndal
Natsumi could see the fact he now had magic, and it is going haywire, which for her is quite normal. of course someone who isn't used to controlling the flow of mana, would have trouble controlling their magic. Looking at him return to where she was, chuckling as she looks at him.

"That is quite normal tho, not having a solid control over ones own mana. You just need practice, When someone first learns magic, it is natural not to have good control if you dont have a good apptitude for it. It will just take time and you will be able to control it.

She says as she would know what she is talking about, Having learned and studied magic theory all her life, Trying to learn the methods behind different types of magic. Looking to the sky as she realized, she had to leave, she didn't want to but she had somewhere else to be soon,

"Ahh Sorry Tomoe, but I have to head out. If you like when We meet again I can try to help you learn control, but that would be another time.

She said as she waved by, running off in the opposite direction then they came from, leaving the area

[Exit]

#15Tomoe Tanaka 

Forged in Flames [Training][Natsumi] Empty Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:18 am

Tomoe Tanaka
A slight blush crept across the Joyan's face, feeling like an amateur in his ability to use magic. Using spells from magical items was no problem for him, as that was something he had needed to learn to do to get by in his work as a traveling warrior in the past. Yet the process of channeling mana through his body felt... foreign, somehow. He'd only been able to use magic for a few months without the assistance of items, and it was so awkward. The average teenager who grew up learning magic knew more than him as an adult, and playing catch-up was aggravating to him. Even if he thought himself stronger than Natsumi in a serious fight, he was definitely nowhere near as knowledgeable on the inner workings of magic.

Casting motions, magic circles, and the process of turning mana into elements... those were the only things Tomoe knew about magic, and even then it was tough for him to do them naturally sometimes. Caelum didn't exactly give him much practice with casting motions or anything like that, so trying to learn to cast spells through motions was probably the most difficult part.

He'd wave goodbye to Natsumi and part ways with her while keeping these things on his mind. "We'll meet up again soon, yeah? I'll see if I can show ya some improvement of my own by then!", Tomoe responded with a playful smirk and a gleam of confidence that didn't match his inner thoughts.

After parting ways, Tomoe stayed in the park for a while longer. There were burn marks along parts of the ground, ashes spread around, and of course broken lanterns all over. What a mess there was, and the ronin had no interest in cleaning up a single spot of it. Instead he took a seat at a park bench and reflected on his actions, and his magic. There was nothing else to it, was there? SHE, somehow, was helping him along with a new gift freshly bestowed. There was no way he would allow himself to stay useless, or not for very long anyway.

He leaned back into the bench and closed his eyes, the last thing he saw before doing so being the sky above. There was great wonder in the stars, and the mystery provided by them. They were such unattainable, inexplicable things. They arrived on time every night as long as clouds didn't intervene, and left when the sun shone its first rays. They were light, yet fled as if fearing the light. What did that say about stars, anyway?

Tomoe imagined the flickering of a star. As if one moment it were there, and the next completely gone. Where did it go? Why did it leave? Did it possess its own dreams and desires, or was it simply a light that would be fated to one day dim? Mana was rising within the body of the one named Tomoe Tanaka. It was rising, and yet it couldn't quite reach its peak yet. As he sat there in the darkness of his own closed eyes, he saw a star somehow. Moving towards it, he somehow drew closer without truly moving at all. He moved so close that the star began to overwhelm everything in his vision, and there was nothing he could do but succumb to its power.

"This is the power you seek, isn't it?", the familiar womanly voice spoke out, whispering sweet honey into his ears.

Tomoe tried to open his eyes to see the owner of the voice who should've been right in front of him. It was such a simple action, but he couldn't do it. Instead, the light in his inner eyes died down to a dim, the star that was so close now growing so far away. He tried to reach out with his hands but found himself frozen. Was he even on a park bench anymore? In the vision that wasn't vision, he felt his existence stretch far apart; infinitely so, in comparison to the small blemish of a place known as Earthland. The planet was such a small thing when compared to the vast distance between himself and even the closest of stars - that was something he knew in that moment as fact. Even so, he felt his very existence doing its best to catch that flickering and shining star, but it only grew in distance. He had his chance to catch up to it, and yet something was preventing him from doing so.

"But you are not yet ready to obtain that power. Not yet.", the woman explained, sounding resolved to the idea that the Joyan was not yet someone who was ready to fully embrace the power of the cosmos.

Tomoe finally opened his eyes, and found himself... outside of Hosenka, somewhere? There was a sudden burst of mana from his body, and then it felt as if reality had collapsed in on itself, resulting in something so instantaneous he could only truly realize and describe it afterwards. Still, he knew on a subconscious level that he had only learned the spell, but not mastered it. He knew it to be his ace in the hole, and something bestowed upon him by HER. He could instantly transfer his body to someplace far away, though nowhere near the distance between stars. Matter transference, light conversion... teleportation. Yes, it was the ultimate teleportation magic that Tomoe had learned. Using this power, he could become a warrior across time and space by abusing the laws of the world to travel where he desired, whenever he desired it. It was no combat spell, but it would serve him greatly in his future battles.

"Well, guess I'd better get back now.", Tomoe muttered to himself, stretching his limbs as if they had taken an eternity to catch up to his mind, and making his way back towards Hosenka.

To wash away such an existential crisis and multidimensional mind trip like the one he just went through, he'd need a stiff drink - the strong stuff only for tonight, because to cope with the knowledge of the stars that he gained, he'd need to get boozed to all hell. He did remember Natsumi's offer, however, and would definitely take her up on it when he could. The girl had certainly improved, and if anything he was glad that somebody else was around to force him to keep up a brave face while his mana went haywire. They'd meet again, but for now, the only thing in the ronin's future was to get blackout drunk.

Instant Transmission: 1,200/1,200 (70% reduced; Int + event) Trained!

- EXIT -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum