Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Enemy of my Enemy [Solo Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Rinni Faithe 

Enemy of my Enemy [Solo Quest] Empty Tue Apr 21, 2020 10:22 am

Rinni Faithe
After her first werewolf encounter, not to mention her first experience with combat outside of hunting game for furs and meats, Rinni Faithe decided to return to the village where it all began. Her intent was to check in on the villagers and ensure everyone was recovering and getting on with their lives as normal following the events of the chase across the square.

They seemed to have managed to repair most, if not all, of the damage caused during her match against the rogue werewolf. That was good. But then, something caught her attention. As she reached the main square she could make out shouting and booing. As she drew closer, she noticed a crowd gathering around something she couldn't quite make out. Picking up speed, she trotted into the crowd to see what was the cause of their commotion.

"Excuse me. Oh, sorry. Could you... thank you. Sorry. Pardon..." The girl gasped at the sight in front of her. A large, powerful-looking werewolf was in the midst of the crowd. He was clearly injured but showed no signs of aggression as the villagers pelted him with rocks and stones. He let out growls and grunts of pain as fresh cuts and bruises formed across his pelt.

"Stop!!" Rinni moved to block the defenseless creature from farther harm. "Can you not see that this werewolf isn't even defending himself? Are you no better than the rogue...?"

She was interrupted by a deep rumbling voice behind her. Looming over her by at least a foot or two was the injured werewolf. It was he who spoke.

"The rogue werewolf. I am here to speak with Cameron... and the one who defeated the rogue."

Rinni turned and looked up at this unusual creature, however, before she could say anything Cameron stepped into view through the relentless crowd. Everyone stepped aside, mumbling and murmuring of the current events.

"Achak, it's good to see you. If you came to speak with me... and with our hero... you've come at the perfect time. For she is standing right in front of you." Cameron nodded toward the blushing Rinni. This was super embarrassing. She didn't like all the attention that came with being a hero. Achak looked down at the small girl with intrigue, but before either could say a word, Cameron gestured for the two to follow him. "Come. It'll be quieter if we have this discussion at my house."

Comfortably seated on a small sofa in Cameron's home, Cameron offered his quests a cup of tea; to which Rinni accepted and Achek politely declined. As the two humans sat together sipping their beverages, the werewolf paced the room a few times before speaking.

"I wish I could say I was here for a social visit, Cameron. Unfortunately, that is not the case. I have lost control of my pack."

"Lost control? I'm not sure I understand..."

"My brother, Amarok, challenged me... and was victorious. Deceptively victorious." Achak growled.

"Deceptively? You mean... are you saying, your brother cheated?" Rinni questioned, both intrigued by werewolf customs and shocked by the immoral of the brother of one so kind.

"Yes. Unfortunately, no one witnessed his trickery except me. My brother is cunning... to be sure." Achak continued, his voice deep and calm. "But he is also not fit to lead. He has exiled me from my pack, as per the rules of losing such a challenge. But my brother... he is not like me. He believes humans to be nothing more than meat for the hunt. We could never agree... and now that he leads I fear they may follow him straight to this village. You will not survive a raid from an entire pack. And Amarok is savage. He will show no mercy."

"Am I to assume you are asking Miss Rinni Faithe here to deal with your brother?" Cameron questioned, full-well knowing the answer.

"Yes... I take no pride in putting a child in danger... but as Rinni has killed a werewolf before..." He turns his gaze to the girl. "She has earned the rite to challenge my brother to combat."

Rinni shut her eyes, sipping her tea in contemplation of what this werewolf was proposing. If she was correct in assuming so, defeating Amarok would mean taking over as leader of the pack. She had no interest in leading anything... least of all a pack of wolves. However, this battle was a necessary evil that would benefit so many lives.

"Alright. When do I start?"

"Are... you sure you wish to do this, Rinni Faithe?"

"Yes. If I don't... so many will die. I couldn't live with myself... if I had that many deaths... all that blood... on my hands."

"It would not be your doing. It would all be on Amarok..."

"By not helping... it is the same as joining in on the killing myself, Achak."

Achak simply nodded and gave the girl a smile. "Strong words for one so small and young. I commend your bravery, child. I wish you luck in the coming battle... for it will not be easy."

Rinni nodded and noticed just now that she was trembling. Was she scared? Or was this anticipation? Maybe a bit of both. She'd be foolish not to be scared, to be honest. She asked Achak for any advice on how to approach his brother. He warned her once more of his unfair tactics. She listened to all he had to say regarding fighting in a werewolf challenge. Perhaps, she could get through this alive and without needing to shed more blood. If she could prove he was a liar and a cheat... maybe they'd shun him.

Of course, nothing was set in stone. The future is an unpredictable thing, and anything could happen. She thanked Achak for his advice, and bid Cameron farewell as she left to train before the coming battle.

[WC 1018/1000]

Enemy of my Enemy [Solo Quest] Format,gif
Fiorian #00ffcc, Encan #ffcc66, Candy #ff99ff
Theme Song

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum