Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something Smells Fishy (S-rank)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Erebus 

Something Smells Fishy (S-rank) Empty Sun Oct 02, 2022 2:00 pm

Erebus

There was talks of more sea monsters in the West. Erebus saw what others would call a death wish, as opportunity to make a hustle. He snapped his fingers after a whistle, and Benny appeared in a burst of blue fire. Heaving it’s mighty hooves upward before adjusting and craning it’s neck downward so that the master could mount.

He flew distantly after that. Towards the nearest coast, in particularly Astera. The West’s Port Town.

The fight between Erebus and Jin taught Erebus to trust his skills. Even should he take damage, there was always the chance he might outlast their firepower. Going into his next mission, Erebus channeled this foresight. Hoping to use it to his advantage as he scoured the underbelly of a deep river.

Equipped with a submarine, Erebus pushed his hand forward against a lever that joysticked his vessel forward. Today he was again, in Astera, hunting creatures affecting the fish population and thus— Fioran economy in general.

Erebus came donned in his armor the Shadowguile, hidden under the cape and hood that had a magenta and purple color palette. His hand had two rings, he wore a necklace and earrings, his face was decorated in tattoos, and pink bangs fell over his crimson irises.

The ocean floor was a dirty green-blue, and the light from the sub allowed one to see all the algae particles as they floated in line of the cameras. Erebus day up from his seat at the pilot spot, clicking multiple buttons and engaging the submarine into autopilot.

He then turned around and walked to the back of the vessel, a magical Lacrima buttons equipped scuba gear over him that magically affected his gear to be used under it. As he pushed his flippers on, and adjusted an oxygen tank to his back, he pulls back the level which propels his vessel. Charlie barks from his spot on the passenger seat. The little pup knows it will have to stay on board but loves the adventure. (-10%WC)

“Just once,” he thought to himself. “I get to work alone. Feels like I’m busier than usual.” Erebus sighed. “Clearly it is the only time I speak to myself.” He laughed with a chuckle lightheartedly. He then prepared the exit hatch, and made his way outside of the sub, swimming around with a light connected to his chest that illuminated things within 5m at the depths of 60m.

Erebus scoured the sea bed, touching down at it he bounce walked around. Different environmental changes were in lay, such as— sunken speed boats, mermaid shaped rocks, and as Erebus kicked the dirt around— could see old jars and neglected contraband.

Up ahead Erebus could see a shape, slowly getting closer with the shade of it expanding. At first Erebus squints, and thinks nothing but a trick of lighting, he quickly realizes that is far from the case.

He turns on the shoulder, swiftly swimming backwards with the shape coming even closer forward. When it comes within the front of the light, Erebus catches a reptilian leg with his sights. An alligator, or crocodile of some kind was preying to get him, and almost instantly after it exploded forward and snapped its large snout to bite.

In just the knick of time, the flash and appearance of a golden shimmering spear graced the hands of the Adventurer. He quickly prodded the length forward. Jabbing the eye of the Croc and forcing it downward into a barrel roll with his superhuman feats of strength and power.

Erebus de-summons the spear, and as the creature comes in again, is smacked and rocked by the Macuihutl. The jagged black obsidian digs the hide and aerated an open gash flooding red ink around the two. Predator and prey.

With paranoia making the beast desperate— it attempts to swing away. Erebus grants the retreat and sighs, worried about combat at 60 Below. After all, a gator can do that much what about a sea monster?

Erebus continues to swim about 50m/s out, and the sound of a whale or perhaps a shrill dying whale could be heard coming from a trench cave. Erebus shook his head — NOPE.

He was not going down there, he turns to swim away and sees a creature nearby. It’s a dolphin but it appears to be wearing a bow-tie.

Erebus approaches and flicks his light on and off at it, causing the creature to swim in a circle and notice him. The creature begins speaking Telepathy to Erebus.

Dolphin: “Oh pleasure !! A new warrior to slay the Felbeasty!!”

Erebus: “The what?” Thought Erebus, which the creature could hear and responded too in kind.

Dolphin: “Aye!! I am Shipper, and I work for the Sea Bottom Salad. Well, recently we haven’t had any clients.” The creature wailed sadly. “Felbeasty is eating everyone in Grouper Town. We Dolphins can’t even trick them and eat ourselves with Felbeasty !!!”

Erebus: “I see. So this is the creature that is eating all the fish. I am here to slay it for a mission. Is there any information on the beast you could give to me. Any details that might help me would be greatly appreciated.”

Dolphin: “Well... You passed him at the cave about 20m back. He is a monster squid and would have grabbed you if you even barely entered his domain! So you already know not to enter... But maybe you can lure Felbeasty out!!?”

Erebus brought a hand to his chin, pondering. He then lit like a lightbulb.

Erebus: “You know Shipper. I think you may be right. Swim in front of the cave as bait. You can trust me, I will attack the monster before it can grab you or even fight back. What do you say!?”

Dolphin: “Shipper thinks that plan is awful! What the fuck!?”

Erebus: “Oh come on Shipper, I’m literally a Guildmaster. You can trust me.” Erebus said. Smiling devilishly from behind the Scuba Mask.

Dolphin: “Do not let Shipper die. Please. Shipper is young and only works a restaurant job!” The dolphin wails and then swim by Erebus towards the cavern entrance, the sound of the monster is heard echoing off the walls inside.

Shipper frighteningly floats at the maw of the trench wall. Suddenly a long tendrils extends towards the Dolphin, but like a rocket Erebus uses his lunge from the sea floor to intercept the attack on the creature. It swims away behind him, as the beast shows itself outside of the lair.

It is one ugly son of a bitch. Eight appendages and one giant eyeball with an arrowhead shaped top. It was a kraken of krakens. Erebus knew he would have to be careful. He first summons Shaka Zulu’s Assegai, and his form changes with a flicker of golden electricity expanding his full form to 2m and buffing his muscles. His hair flows out like Tarzan, giving the affect of a Lion Mane, as his actual face does become feral and feline, even showing whispers and sharpened canines.

His tattoos glow red. His strength exceeds 1000 making him a monster now.

The rocks began to shake with the force of an earthquake. The creature sent hydro-spheres forwarded which exploded for AoE damage up to 8m, Erebus had to dodge within the motion of his plans to avoid the attacks and make genuine damage to the foe.

Instantly his club, Dagger, and a big ass stick are summoned further. Erebus dashes forward. Beating and whacking tentacles with enough ferocity that few could handle on land. The water seemed to make no difference either. He jams the spear into the center of the pupil and engaging the entire nervous plexus of the foe. Being that 4xS was landed to the eye Erebus quickly chopped tentacles off while the creature was blinded until finally he slew it in about 8 minutes.

He swims back through the water until he sees Shipper. He nods at the dolphin and makes his way home. The dolphin never forgets that guy, and becomes a scribe telling fish folk of the mighty land walker. Meanwhile, Erebus went back to the Sub, got out of his scuba gear and pet his dog. Because he killed the beast without giving it a chance, Erebus became even more Wanted as his legend grew. Giving him the bounty bonus but also— propelling his Wanted Level even more.

Erebus slayed the Felbeast, which was a underwater monster that was approximately 70 years old. In a freak magical accident, universally known as the felplague, many creatures began monsters. That was about 300 years ago, but some scientists who studied it have made a few errors. Because of the Astera Port being so close to the criminal underworld, this was bound to happen. The Felbeast is one of nine underwater monsters Erebus is hunting out of the West. When he bring the proof of this ones defeat, he gains the title of Sea King. Segmenting his legendary status to the water as a Pirate.

1504/1500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum