Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Surgery ( Quest- Jikan D rank)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Jikan 

Surgery ( Quest- Jikan D rank)   Empty Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:19 pm

Jikan

It was all in a day's work, more or less. Jikan had successfully completed her minor task for Doctor Gerard, now she was receiving her payment and heading off to somewhere else in the farmland. Maybe a nice tree to take a nap under some nice, cool shade. However, a feeble nervous call was given out to Jikan right when her hand was on the door nob. Turning her head, Jikan saw the doctor nervously scratching the side of his face, excusing himself but saying that there was another, last minute issue, that he would appreciate her help with, with payment of course. With that, Jikan decided to give the guy her ear again, and maybe accept the task.

According to Gerard, all of his assistants had either gone home feeling sick or were too busy with patients of their own to assist him. Which was bad, very bad. For Gerard was about to perform a very technical surgery on a patient that he unfortunately, could not do alone. Because of how helpful Jikan was previously, the good doctor had called upon er to aid him in this procedure, despite her lack of training.
WHSJHAHDBDSH?!?!?! This guy cannot be serious? This...this has to be against his doctor code or something. I have no experience, no skills in this. I can't just go..go...poking in someone's body a little and hope everything just goes well.. Jikan just could not believe the situation she found herself in. But the desperation in the doctor's eyes, it was like he was begging with them, peering into her soul.

But Jikan knew she knew almost next to nothing about surgical procedures, let alone the human anatomy. She was about to voice his concern when the doctor began to prepare some stuff from his desk in order to go through with the planned surgery. Words of apology and begging as he did so. "...Okay...okay. I will help you...".

Wc: 337
Twc: 337

#2Jikan 

Surgery ( Quest- Jikan D rank)   Empty Fri Jun 04, 2021 2:48 pm

Jikan

That was what she said, but what she was feeling was of a different matter. I really really do not wanna do this.... . Watching the doctor search through his desk, Jikan's face began to twist and turn as the thought of participating in a live surgical procedure came back to her. It felt, kind of wrong and weirded her out a little bit. It wasn't like she was squeamish around blood and guts, more so the pressure of being around them when somebody's life was on the line. She just didn't know how to handle it. Jikan was about to open her mouth to try and talk about her concerns when the man exclaimed, "AH HERE IT IS!!! Now, let us be off." Giving an audible sigh, Jikan hoped she didn't have to actually interact with the organs or anything like that as she watched the excited doctor run out of the office. Jikan placed her hands onto her hips before accepting her situation wth a sigh and slowly began to tail behind the doctor in order to assist with the operation.

Arriving at the doors, she peered into the room that seems to be a solid white tiled, sterile room. Not surprising in the least when it comes to these sort of things. Before she stepped in, the doctor had told her to put on a medical coat and gown for the time being as he didn't want foreign entities in the room. If that was the case, she shouldn't have been in the room in general! But she wouldn't bother arguing about it now. Complying with the doctor, she just exited into a private room and changed into the attire she was given before entering the room.

Wc: 305
Twc: 642

Last edited by Jikan on Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

#3Jikan 

Surgery ( Quest- Jikan D rank)   Empty Fri Jun 04, 2021 3:01 pm

Jikan

The surgery was then to begin. All she had to do really was hand the doctor the precise tool that he called out. That was easy, mostly, Jikan was actually familiar with most of them from reading, and the ones she didn't know, the doctor described them to her. After all was said and done. The surgery was going easy, until the blasted doctor cut his arm while digging into the poor soul on the table!
His blood tinkled onto the floor, thankfully not onto or into the opened bodied patient.  The doctor quickly covered his wound with a clean ragged and moved away from the table in a quick panic. The act causing Jikan to get even more nervous, just when she was relaxing and her nerves becoming calm.

"I.. I am sorry, but with this, I cannot finish up the operation". He turned to Jikan, a sorrowful sorry look on his face as she began to dread what she knew was coming. "Oh crap baskets. Noooo, no no no. I can't do that. I'm-i'm just a wizard, not a doctor or a healer!".
"I know I know, but we have no other option. I cannot finish it as is and I cannot fix my wound in time. ...if you don't...they will die...". "O-oh damn it... Fine...fine. I will do it". "Alright. So...we just got one thing left to do...but... its um....messy. ..... You are going to have to, take their heart out and put a new one in". "WHAT!?!?". "Hey hey it is fine. Everything will be fine. I'll be right here, I will guide you".  

It was a nervous and frightening job, but the rest of the surgery was a success, and Jikan was compensated again, handsomely. Then she did something that surprised even herself along with the doctor, she decided to ask the doctor if there were any other jobs she might be able to assist with. ...They could not be so bad to take up more tasks, could it?

Wc: 366
Twc: 1,008

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum