Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Ko Lesalt 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sat Aug 29, 2020 12:48 am

Ko Lesalt

Zagan wrote:

"Steel and Ko, you two need to go elsewhere. Go to the royal library in Crocus and find a book called Giorgio and the Dragon. It is an old fairy tale about King Giorgio di Fioria battling against a Dragon. There is only one copy in existence because it is not actually a fairy tale. In reality, it contains clues regarding our next destination. Find the book and bring it to me."

• Steel and Ko must complete a topic called Giorgio and the Dragon in Crocus. This topic does not require traveling and does not take up a RP slot.

Since his arrival at the gates of Crocus, Ko couldn't help but wonder how it had taken this long for him to visit the capital city of Fiore.  He'd practically been slumming it ever since he'd first come to this country, and walking the streets of Crocus was running that idea home.  Just the fact that there were flowers everywhere served to brighten what would have been an otherwise dingy metropolitan environment.  Everywhere he looked there was impressive architecture, examples of engineering turned to artwork.  Ko had to admit that it was impressive.

It was a shame that all that opulence and culture was the crown jewel in a rusted out garbage pile of a kingdom.  If anything, Ko was glad he hadn't seen this place first; if he had, he might have been blinded to just how bad this country really was when it wasn't blinding you with glitz and glamour.  No, for now, Ko had a job to do.  Maybe, after it was said and done, he'd come back here with Nantosuelta and have a proper look around.  He hadn't gone to a real night market in ages, and he bet Crocus had one if he knew where to look.

Instead, for the moment Nantosuelta was out of sight, high up in the sky.  His most recent activities had caused him to stand out somewhat significantly, and he couldn't risk being identified while he was in the city.  Thus, the most prominent part of his epithet had to keep her distance.  In the meantime, Ko was waiting for Steel to show his face.  The Royal Library, being safely nestled inside of the Castle proper, was heavily guarded.  There was no getting in without proper status as a Noble or permission from the Royal Family.  Neither of which Ko had or knew how to obtain.

As he stood in a nearby alleyway, a hood partly covering his face, Ko watched the gate that lead onto the castle grounds and waited for Steel and Erebus to show up.  After seeing the rogue at work in the mines, Ko couldn't help but hope Steel succeeded in convincing him to come along.

#2Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sat Aug 29, 2020 11:34 am

Erebus

For Erebus, this had all been news to him in the last twenty-four hours, and regardless of whatever use he was. He still had no idea he was doing the dirty work of a demon. Instead, his thoughts seemed more worldly, this seemed to be a collective of men trying to rob the King. But a storybook? Perhaps it was some kind of heirloom? Either way, Erebus had taken Steel up on his offer and was now in Crocus, through which he didn't remember how he had gotten here, except that he was walking with Steel only moments before in Rush Valley.

This must be the power of magic, thought the Rogue skeptically, as he stared down the capital castle of the continent. Walking behind Steel a bit, Erebus tilted to see around his comrade's frame. Just a little bit ahead was his quest partner from the day prior to meeting Steel, a man who had fought some Drider's and a Spider Monster with him in the Mines. Ko Lesalt, the Darkness Wyrmrider. "Wait Ko is here too? Where's his pet," Erebus motioned his hands outward, gesturing to explain a winged beast by blowing his hands up to show that this companion wasn't small, while it surely wasn't huge in comparison to other beasts, it also wasn't something you could just ignore either. Besides that, Erebus was still quite suspicious of a sudden betrayal, fairing against Steel alone was one thing, but should these two both turn on him, Erebus would likely go to prison for sure. The thought didn't fleet him as he bounced his attention back to the duo allying with him. "Hey Ko, how's it hanging? You got here even faster then we did. Can't say I thought I'd see you out helping this guy though." Erebus said motioning toward the Spellsword.

Erebus then pressed forward just up ahead by a few feet passing Steel, he was gandering at different entrances and exits, while he inspected different windows on the buildings and towers. His frame had bent towards it just slightly, just enough to peer forward at the castle with his eyes tracking routes with quick glances. He held a hand up over his face, with his dagger clung within his grasp; simply to block out some of that harsh sunlight. "So this is the King's Castle? Too bad... Wish I was actually impressed or something."

#3Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Mon Aug 31, 2020 7:57 am

Steel

They had left the streets of Rush valley and travelled south. They had gotten to Crocus the capital of Fiore. His form was as usual not exactly sneaky. Mostly because he towered over the normal sized people around him. He had at least tried to cover himself with a large cloth cloak that did well to make him look like a giant walking around like a blanket ghost except instead of there being holes for the eyes the cloak was hooded.

Underneath the cloak a low humming could be heard from the crackling power of Mjolnir.

While travelling Steel had tried to do some small talk asking things like “where do you come from” and also giving some information like how Steel was from the Magnolia area etc, he did not however talk about Zagan or the guild, nor did he talk about himself too much as he didnt want Erebus to know the absolute deepest reaches of Steel’s psyche. A defense mechanism of sorts as he did not want Erebus to have an upper hand on him if they ever became enemies.

He walked into the alleyway as Erebus passed him. Steel did not want to speak on an open street nor did he want to show himself as after this they might be in a heap of trouble. Steel looked at Erebus as he spoke to Ko and then as he seemed to observe the routes, entryways, exits and more. Erebus commented on the fact that the castle was a disappointment to which Steel answered. “The kings castle might look like a disappointment but I am sure it is defended by several defense spells and both veteran warriors and practitioners. Not only that but it is defended by the kingsguard as well.” Steel stopped, looked around for a bit and then continued speaking “Have you found us a hideout where we can talk undisturbed?” He motioned at Ko.

STEEL'S STATS
Strength: 79+60 from Earrings +120 from Mjolnir +20 from Armor = 279
Speed: 31 +40 from Ring - 50 from Mjolnir - 10 from Armor = 11
Constitution: 61
Endurance: 34
Intelligence: 31
Mana: 1635-20
Minor Armored Movement & Wielding: Half speed penalty on all heavy equipment except shields.

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT
Weapon: Mjolnir
Armor: Vanguards Haste
Earrings: Pyaar Earrings
Ring: Haste Ring

#4Ko Lesalt 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:35 am

Ko Lesalt

Ko heard his two companions before he saw them, turning away from his view of the castle to face the two of them. He smirked at Erebus' comment about Nantosuelta. If she'd been in earshot she'd have been pissed over being called a pet. "Can't exactly just waltz into Crocus on the back of a Flamewyrm and expect not to get noticed, ya know? Don't worry, she's not far. We can count on her if we need a backup diversion."

He nodded in response to Erebus' greeting, genuinely pleased that they'd managed to get some competent assistance for their assignment. Ko was curious just how much Steel had told the man, though. "Ahhh, don't be like that Erebus. Steel might be grumpy but we've got a lot in common." That was probably something of an overstatement, but Ko knew they had at least one thing in common, so that sufficed.

Looking back to Steel as he commented on the castle, Ko nodded in agreement, his brow furrowed. "Yeah, its buttoned up tight. I'd love to give cracking that nut a shot, but we can't risk a frontal assault if we want-." Realizing they were still out by the main street, Ko cut his own sentence off. No telling who might hear them out here. Luckily, Steel's next question lead right into that problem, and Ko answered through action.

He'd chosen this alleyway for more reasons than just that it faced the castle. After taking a few steps back towards Steel, Ko turned to one of the back doors that lead into the alleyway and pushed it open. Normally such a door would be locked, as it seemed to lead into the storeroom of a tavern by all appearances. Ko motioned for the two men to follow him. "Funny story, someone busted this place up pretty bad a few nights ago. The owner had to close the place down while he got repairs organized. Real shame."

Sure enough, Ko continued from the storeroom into the tavern's common room, which was completely devoid of any patrons. In fact, the windows were entirely boarded up, as it seemed a large portion of the storefront had been burned severely. Repairs would likely be a huge undertaking, making it unlikely that workers were going to show up in the middle of the day. "Lucky for us, all this booze didn't get wasted." Ko hopped behind the counter, and started sorting through bottles. He couldn't just go and get hammered right now, so he figured quality over quantity for the moment. "So, how much has Steel told you, Erebus? You're the thief here, after all, so some professional input might be warranted."

#5Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:56 pm

Erebus

"Aye, I'll be sure to thank her for that diversion, should it happen. Maybe you can read her some of this special storybook when we succeed." Erebus was already putting a smile on and a declaration for optimism into the air, mostly for himself as he sometimes needed that, but it might do these guys well too. If they didn't already trust themselves, he would adjust their mindsets the best that he could. Call it an act of manifestation, more than just a casual wish for success.

Erebus was thoughtful and so took in every bit of dialogue from them both, his eyes always seeming to meet theirs as they spoke. To Erebus, the inability to hold a gaze spoke poor quality in one's resolve, and he just wasn't the type to allow intimidation willy-nilly. There were times for that, and now was not one of those times. "Kingsguard? Well now.." Erebus recalled stories of the Kingsguard from his younger days, displaying obvious concern for a chance encounter, but not nearly enough to wash the adrenaline out of his wide gaze. The starry gleam that proved testament in one daredevil to the next, that if Death himself were in there, it wouldn't deter a man on his mission. Erebus felt these misunderstood that analogy well in their souls, even if it was unspoken and simply felt. As odd as it might sound, the Kingsgaurd could-- in fact-- be the death of them all. "Ah right, it probably is buttoned down."

Erebus followed his future guild-mates into the tavern cellar. Inside, he listened to Ko's excited muse for alcohol before the attention was directed yet more on him. "Honestly Ko, not much. But it beats staying still to get hunted down as an Outlaw so, a little favor here owed back later would go a long way for me. All I know is I'm here to steal some book from the strongest monarch in the world, and potentially join some new dark guild." Erebus paused, so he could take a seat over at the bar where Ko was fiddling around bottles. "Oh yeah, to tell you truthfully, I was thinking we could hide in the bushes, maybe wait for some guards to come by. whack 'em, switch you two into their uniforms, and get into the building with me wearing cuffs. You know, that old school stuff, it never goes wrong." Erebus made a walking motion against the table with his index and middle finger, whilst he held his head up in his other hand against the bar. His eyes seemed trained on his fingers as he envisioned the whole plan unfolding.

"Anyways, From there, I was going to get in, leave you guys to watch the hallways and scale the building. If there are magic barriers, I'm assuming they aren't directly outside of the building, and probably a few meters around it's edge, but I can test that theory to be safe. I will turn myself invisible, then I'll window hop and check the tower rooms, eventually making my way around the castle starting at the higher levels and descending, usually shit in castles is always at the highest point, I dunno, it's whatever. Sounds like a lot, but believe me, Imma wing it like I always do. Things work out, I'm pretty talented." He raised his hands up defensively, jokingly inciting that he didn't fully know what to expect, but who could?

The Rogue blankened his expression, his tone turned much more serious after that point. "So any info you have to help me, or ideas you can bounce to me would be pretty appreciated, speak now or forever hold your peace." Erebus piped up, he had an admirable air to his speech, maybe it was just his own delusional world, but in his perspective this heist was more hero than anything he'd ever done to this point. "If things do go south, I just have to ask that you tell the world... How god damn cool I was. That is all. Oh, and to get out yourself if you can. I don't like to pull people down with me, I like to see them go up, do better that kind of thing."

With all his famous last words laid out on table, he had set the stage for the event to begin. Just one last confirmation from these two, and they would set off to rob the King. The greatest act in Erebus Gresham's thieving life up to this point.

#6Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:05 am

Steel

Steel followed Ko’s footsteps and walked into the storeroom the speech about how the place had been busted up made Steel reminisce about the time that he and Ko had also busted down a similar joint, the only difference being that the tavern they had destroyed was in a shady district in the southern city of Marigold and not in the glorious capital of Crocus. They only moved through however, going into the actual bar room which was devoid of people and the windows were boarded up. Soot and charcoal covered the flooring and walls near windows towards the front side of the tavern. Steel looked at Ko. “Did you and Nancy do this?”

After saying that he then looked around a bit more before dusting a chair off and taking a seat. “I told him enough. By now the events of the Zagan dungeon should be known nationwide. Let’s just say we are not on the side of Lanzerossa.”

Steel did not want to scare Erebus out of helping them but he knew their goal could also not be kept from Erebus for too long. Sadly Lucas wasn’t here to explain.

Their idea was to sneak in as prisoners through the front door? Sure it was a classic but would the guards really go for it? He spoke “Maybe using the sewers under the castle or the crypt could work? In any case both me and Ko would be able to fly due to our winged companions and could therefore create an exit.”

STEEL'S STATS
Minor Armored Movement & Wielding: Half speed penalty on all heavy equipment except shields.

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#7Ko Lesalt 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Wed Sep 09, 2020 11:12 pm

Ko Lesalt

Ko had been below the bar when Steel turned and asked about where the burns had come from, popping back up into sight with a bottle filled with some nondescript, clear amber liquid. He smirked, plonking the bottle down on the bar. "Why Steel, I don't know what you're implying. I certainly didn't have anything to do with this poor tavern's state, nor did I see anyone involved. In fact, I don't believe anyone would, considering it just seemed to burst into flames in the dead of night, without a witness in sight. Really, the guards ought to learn to look up more often." It was fairly clear from Ko's tone of voice that, yes, he and Nantosuelta had purposely torched the tavern in order to clear it out.

As Steel explained what all Erebus had been told, Ko listened a bit more somberly. It made sense that they hadn't told the rogue everything yet. It was a lot to take in, especially for someone who hadn't been in that Dungeon and hadn't heard what they heard. Waiting until later to explain their full ambitions would be ideal. "Fair enough. He's got all the important information at least. Lucas can explain the rest when we meet back up." Turning to Erebus, Ko listened to him run through the barebones of a potential plan, all the while searching through the shelves below the bar for something. By the time Erebus had finished, Ko had procured three identical shot glasses and set them on the bar. "Pretty eager to get into cuffs for an outlaw. But you're not wrong, Steel and I could pull off the Royal Guard look if we needed to."

After Steel gave his own input, Ko mused on the idea. "You're probably not wrong about there being some kind of passage into the palace through the underground, but I dunno if we'd manage to find it. Especially not in the sewers; too many potential points of entry if they put it down there, and they clearly take the palace's security seriously, if not the rest of the city. It'd be hidden behind a secret door at the very least." Ko's brow furrowed as he wracked his brain to provide further input. What would be the easiest way for them to get access and ensure they wouldn't be suspected. "What we really need is to make sure Erebus can find the book without being interrupted by a guard after we get in, and that means a distraction. A big distraction. Something that'd require as many guards as possible to leave their posts." Ko looked at Steel. "How fast do you think a fire would spread if you started it on the opposite end of the palace?"

#8Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Thu Sep 10, 2020 8:48 am

Erebus

Erebus allowed the two slayers to talk it over, formulating a stronger plan with respects to his own. Erebus was admittedly shocked to hear they both had better ideas then him, then again he was only bright half the time. Sighing, he downed the shot Ko poured. Erebus was usually not much of a drinker, but he figured this was one of the few opportunities he had to actually do so.

I mean think about it. He was about to rob the King after all, him and these two guys; so, down the hatch it went. He brought the shot glass back to the table with a hearty smile, somewhat mixed with a rancid facial expression. Erebus hoped these two didn't suspect him of being a lightweight, that would be embarrassing. "Hey, you make a pretty good point. No guards around the castle and I can sneak around with less detection. Besides, you guys might get to see the King himself if you make a big enough scene." Erebus wished he could say his role was to send the King a personal message too, but the book snatching alone was warranted as a pretty important role at the moment. Imagine... Being the rogue who stole from the monarchy. Now that was worth living for.

In any case, Erebus would motion for another shot, his motivation rising the longer he listened to his allies get pumped up themselves. This was the stuff that bred legend right here. "Don't worry about getting caught. If you guys get shut down starting the fire, I'll stay within the building and find you, break you out if anything happens, and we'll make off in the dead of night." He brought a hand to his chin. "Not that I'm worried about you guys at all. I'll try and regroup with you two quick in case you run into the Kingsgaurd. Honestly he's my biggest worry."" Erebus rested his case on that note. Still unaware as hell these men worked for a demon, and the mission he was on, was the precursor to resurrecting Nacht, a dragon of destruction. In his own little world, this was all just a heist. Ignorant as he was, Erebus was better off this way. He could learn the rest later... When it didn't matter what was really happening, it was all going to happen now one way or another.

#9Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:07 am

Steel

Although evil. In the back of Steels mind he was still a hero meant to serve society and help serve justice to those who are foul. The fact that Ko had done something so unethical as burn a civilian home for their base of operations. And the nerve that he had recounted the story with such cheek angered Steel a little bit on the inside yet he would not fight his own allies for while he knew that it was wrong he also knew that there was a means to an end. No civilians had actually yet been hurt. Such was the twisted mind of the psychopath and narcissist Steel that he did not even apply this logic when he butchered the miners and their brothers and children. He was Justice after all. But he would not answer. His expression was stale, cold almost dead even. But serious for he listened to each word spoken.

Steel saw the motion of the glass being poured but he ignored both the pouring bottle and glass being poured into. He did not drink. The act of drinking was not vulgar but Steel had been imprinted with the knowledge of how a hero should act and it was certainly not under the influence. Instead when the others drank Steel remained as he was. Sitting on the chair. Unmoving.

“Depending on magical defense structures within the castle and the fact that the castle is mostly made out of stone. I am unsure I can even start a fire. At best depending on the existing magical defenses, maybe cave in a roof.” Steel spoke with absolute seriousness. “And we know we are not powerful enough to face the kingsguard. If they are even here.” He looked at Erebus and continued speaking “I am not sure they will take us prisoner if we endanger the king's life. Treason is an executable offense after all.” He then stopped. “The only possibility I see is if we find someone who knows a hidden entrance. Or similar things. I suggest we stay in Crocus for a longer time and scout out the bar where the soldiers meet after their shift. Catch one of them off guard and get our disguises there. We might need to stay here for a week gathering information and supplies on our target.” Steel breathed out. Saying all of that had made him exhausted. What was he going to do. Where would they find a place to sleep whilst in Crocus? They were infamous criminals at this point. “First off we need to find a place where no one will look for us whilst we stay in Crocus.”

STEEL'S STATS

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#10Ko Lesalt 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sun Sep 13, 2020 1:59 am

Ko Lesalt

Ko took on a pensive expression as he listened to Erebus and Steel's rebuttal of his input. The general consensus seemed to be that Erebus would be doing the heavy lifting in terms of infiltrating the library, but how they'd get into the Palace in general and their method of ensuring Erebus got in and out safely was up in the air. If a fire wasn't viable, Ko was uncertain of what they could do to cause a disturbance that would hold the attention of the guards long enough. It honestly seemed like the only thing that would definitely get the guards' attention away from Erebus would be if someone tried something crazy, like kidnapping a member of the royal family.

The look on Ko's face at that point could probably have been called maniacal as that thought crossed his mind. Certainly, actually trying to kidnap a member of the Royal Family would be suicidal. Not just because of the Kingsguard: they were the Royal Family after all, they had to have a plethora of magical protections in place. But they would need to actually kidnap anyone. They just had to make the guards think they'd been kidnapped. Whether or not Ko or Steel could pull such a thing off, however, was a different issue, and better discussed later. At the very least, they needed to get their hands on some guards' uniforms. That much was definitive.

"Alright, Steel's got a point. Going off what info we have right now, getting in seems iffy. For now, let's split up and get our hands on some Guard uniforms that'll fit us. While we're doing that, look into potential entry points. We can think about how to create a distraction later; it might not even be necessary in the end." Ko took the shot closest to him and downed it, then after seeing Steel wasn't going to drink he picked his up and downed it as well, giving the dour faced man a wink in response. "Shall we meet back here for the time being?"

#11Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Mon Sep 14, 2020 2:04 pm

Erebus

"If you say so." Erebus merely shrugged in response to Ko as he slid right off the bar chair, and walked off, lighting a cigarette between his teeth, the smoke perfuming around his green hair, and orange buckle cloak. Erebus turned to his left, eyeing the castle one last time, before he went right, turning down alleyways to see if he could find anything interesting in the large buildings perimeter.

Erebus had it in his mind, to get this done right away, and not dawdle about in the longevity of the moment. This was an important matter after all. He first made his way around a corner, under stone buildings, everything had a vintage beauty. This was the way the architecture of the kingdom was known for, but the castle likely marveled by comparison.

Erebus opted to steak out a side the castle, leaving his colleagues to their own affairs. On his side of the town, Erebus learned a multitude of things. Such as gardeners outside the gate, and some other abusable facets. He held his ground however, knowing that a steak out was always more thought provoking and beneficial if you stayed patient. He smiled, perched up in a tree comfortably.

#12Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Thu Sep 17, 2020 2:42 am

Steel

After Erebus left the tavern Steel would wait for a bit creating a window so that they wouldn't all leave at the same time since that would probably garner some attention from the people living nearby. After Steel had waited for nightfall he too exited the tavern hideout. He did so quietly not really saying anything. This was mostly because of his underlying anger towards Ko for disrupting the social order but also because he had already said enough. He knew what he had to do so he was going to focus his attention on that.

He hid in the shadows of the buildings. Making note of where the guards moved. When they got off work he followed them from a distance. Finding they walked to a tavern. Probably to get some evening drinks. Steel waited outside, finding a good spot to sit he would lurk there. When the guards slowly got out one after another Steel picked the one closest to him in size and followed the guard. He did not walk so close behind that the guard would notice that he was being followed. When they got to an alleyway Steel made his move. Sprinting up to the guard and knocking him out before he could make any resistance. What he found was that the guard not only had his armor and weapons but also a magic insignia. Steel figured this insignia would work like some sort of keypass.

Did they need to find someone with the right clearance to get in? Steel guessed that this insignia would get them as far as they needed well at least Ko and himself but maybe Erebus would need to find a better one. After knocking the guard out, hiding the body and taking the clothes/armor that he needed for his guard disguise he would break the guards neck effectively killing him.

He would then start making his way back for their meeting place

STEEL'S STATS

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#13Ko Lesalt 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:50 am

Ko Lesalt

Once he'd left the tavern hideout, Ko set his mind to getting his hands on a fitting disguise. It wasn't hard to find guards out on patrol, but they weren't incompetent in the slightest. They were always moving in groups of at least two, and while Ko was confident in his ability to take more than two of the guards on and win, he couldn't guarantee that he could do so without risking someone getting away or destroying their armor entirely. Thankfully, it didn't take long for him to find a guard that wasn't quite so attentive. A quick jump in a back alley and Ko had the set of armor he needed.

What surprised him was the insignia that he found alongside the guard's uniform. It was clearly meant to distinguish which guards were stationed where, and probably didn't provide access to other areas. This just made it extra clear to Ko that they were going to need a distraction of some kind. It might be possible to gain the insignias they needed inside, but doing so would put them at incrementally greater risk of discovery. They were going to need something that would not only draw the guards' attention, but also provide a potential scapegoat on the off-chance they were forced to kill or disable any other guards. After all, it'd be better if nobody even knew something had been stolen in the first place.

Ko spent some additional time trying to lift some intel from the locals about entry points, but everyone was tight lipped or unhelpful. Unless Erebus found something, they'd have to go ahead with the guard disguises. Returning to the meeting point, Ko rendevouzed with Steel and eventually Erebus, showing off his ill-gotten gains. "We've got some disguises now, at the very least, but their security is a bit better organized than it seemed at first. These insignia could tip them off before Erebus can get into the Library, so I'm thinking a distraction might be absolutely necessary. A fire would have worked, but if we can't do that, I thought of something even better. If you want to distract someone from one crime, you show them an even bigger crime in progress. If I go in and make like I'm in the process of kidnapping a Royal, the guards will have no choice but to ignore everything else. Erebus could probably walk out the front door and they wouldn't look twice." Ko looked at the resident thief expectantly. "That sounds like it'd work, right?"

#14Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:03 pm

Erebus

Erebus had been lucky enough to acquire something useful, in watching the gardeners arrive Erebus was able to gather information on them until he could remedy his boredom in beating one of the gardeners to a submission, after that jacking their I.D. card; a glowing lacrima crystal was lodged into the corner which seemed to give it a glowing futuristic magic effect. Erebus guessed this little thing may have allowed those people employed by the kingdom to enter within certain paths and doors making up the large castle up ahead. Erebus pulled the gardener's body to a shed, and buckled it against a bolted down table within. Seeing no reason to outright murder the guy, Erebus put his boot to this dude's face, knocking the gardener out so that he wouldn't escape after Erebus dipped from the premises.

Heading back to the burned bar, Erebus had a single card for his back pocket. He was ready to get in, use his invisibility, and then get out. Should his brothers in arms too have picked up their quest items, then the show could get on the road. Erebus pushed his open hands against the half busted, char wooden door. The door swung opened and broke from the wall fully and from it's destruction the rogue stepped inside, to the arrival of dust and shade. It was getting later in the evening now, clear dusk was setting upon the area outside.

Erebus listened to his allies speak, and show off their loot. Whereas he flashed his own card with an eager grin following in fast suit. Everything was moving according to plan. "Ooh yeah. That would be easy as cake, let's go with that route. If you guys are ready, then let's go. Cuff me up boys!" Erebus slid to the flooring as he spoke, his crouch narrowing until his ankles kissed the ground in an acrobatic split move. He raised his hands together in shame, pulling his neck away in distress, both wrists parallel and aimed toward whomever was closer between Steel and Ko. His hands were with open palm, screaming the message that he was begging for freedom, mocking all the thieves' whom had been caught before him.

Obviously, Erebus was of a more skilled pedigree, but also the charade of dramatically urging his own capture, gave him a great amusement, his head drooped down to act grimaced, disgusted, and pitiful in the eyes of these two 'guards' so to speak. The cynical joke might have seemed rude to an actual guard or even a captured thief, but clearly only Erebus could truly be offended by this capture jest, since his profession argued that in a high stakes case, he wouldn't find himself failing...

Either way, his expression of dread was soon met with a laugh. To which he would actually go back into character regardless whether his two accomplices joined him in his fun. He whispered, "Talk shit at me." Quickly following up with, "Aghhh! Fuck you! You'll never take me alive pigs!"

#15Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:36 am

Steel

On his way back Steel found himself pondering how they should do this? How would they sneak inside such a well-guarded and dangerous place without anyone dying or leaving anyone behind. Steel had left after Erebus returned and had only actually gotten back by the time that his comrades were done.

Sneaking his way to it Steel entered through the backdoor of the burned tavern. He did not want to draw unnecessary attention to them. He was less famous than his companions but that only worked in his favor since if he was more famous his own large stature would have given him away instantly.

Looking to his companions and listening while donning the armor that was to be his disguise. Steel listened to Ko speak only formulating one question in his mind. He then spoke to answer “So after you draw the attention of all the guards and probably even deadlier enemies how do we get you out?” He said this in regards to Ko’s plan. Yes they might not have to worry about getting Erebus out in the plan Ko formulated. Instead they would have to get Ko out. “We can’t afford leaving anyone behind or anyone dying.” He looked to Erebus “If you are ok with this then sure we can go for it but I need an answer to that question.”
It felt like the two of them were underestimating the danger of this quest. Their plans constantly had holes in them and while that was to be expected with the small amount of information they had, Steel still wanted to formulate as good a plan as they could to make the margin of error as small as possible. This due to the reason that error probably meant death or execution for endangering the lives of the royal family and also treason.

When he was finally done donning the disguise he decided to play into Erebus games After all working on your acting in a situation like this was probably critical to the success rate of the mission. “Stop right there, Criminal scum! You violated the law! Pay the court a fine or serve your sentence!” He then continued by attempting to put cuffs on Erebus wrists. “Filthy scum, Thieves like you deserve to get their hands cut off.” While saying this he tried to keep as straight a face as possible and also tried to seem as imposing as he could but it was a bit too funny to him so a smile or two escaped his tight lips.

STEEL'S STATS

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#16Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Wed Sep 30, 2020 7:51 am

Erebus

Erebus would lean his back and swing swing as if to bob and weave box with the make-believe guard Steel was portraying, before chuckling and placing his hand to his face. "Haha we're hopeless, but you know I think we should try it for real. Come on." Before taking off impulsively he did take time to note something frustrating Steel earlier. "Listen Steel, even if one of us die we're adults, this is a dangerous magical ass world," Erebus emphasized with hand gestures. Placing one open palm over his heart and extending his other open hand to point at the tall Spellsword. "I'm going to do my best to make sure you live, and Ko too. No promises though, because I don't like to be haunted." Erebus meant what he said sincerely, but he did have a case of seeming shallow at times. He hoped his message was soaked up the way his intentions led. In reality, this was the most guarded building on the planet, but Erebus was not afraid of invading it's walls. He was a super-human entity himself, as well as these two. "Now let's get this started seriously."

Erebus knew they stood a better chance than Steel was willing to bet. Lowly guards would fall like dominos. The King and his Guardian on the other hand... Well that was yet to be seen what they could do. Erebus took off in a jog towards the building, motioning the two Dragon Slayers to chase him. Maybe they could fire spells at him for that cinema flare.

#17Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Thu Oct 01, 2020 10:58 am

Steel

Steel looked at Erebus. He seemed sure. While he couldn’t guarantee Steel that they would all get out of this alive he seemed to feel like Steel about it. Because in truth the one thing Steel feared above all others was losing those dear to him. Steel gave of an awkward smile “Yeah… Wouldn’t want your goofy ass haunting me. I would never get any rest.” There was a sadness in his eyes but also hope. They would get through this. They could do it. After all, they were strong. Nightmare had chosen them as its heralds. They, if anyone were strong enough to do this kind of thing.

Steel put on the last piece of his disguise, the helmet of a castle guardsman which expertly hid his face, identity and the true intentions that were oh so sinister. He followed Erebus out of the room and respectively out of the tavern hoping that Ko would just follow after the two of them. Steel’s play would be to attempt gaining speed on Erebus which since Erebus was faster than him would obviously be because of Erebus slowing down. Whilst running/jogging after Erebus he would shout things like “Stop right there criminal scum” or “Halt! You rebel scum.” And while he had not brought Mjolnir out of the tavern he knew that he could call on it as long as he was within 50 meters of it. He instead wielded a guardsman's spear and shield as a part of his disguise. In his mind he prayed this would work.

STEEL'S STATS
Strength: 79+60 from Earrings +20 from Armor = 159
Speed: 31 +40 from Ring -10 from Armor = 61
Mana: 1635

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#18Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:34 pm

Erebus

Erebus chose to keep himself moving at a jogging pace, casually sliding under men carrying boxes, and other things, and elusively falling into and around objects he could grab and thrust himself off of. Why perhaps? Showmanship, the free run was the most pure form of the rogue, perhaps the image only comparable to a rogue mid-swing in ice-pick style. The image drew a timeless memory between Steel and Erebus with Erebus feeling the effects of the friendship he so often craved to have, but was impartial to receiving from others. He had to remember he was a stone cold killer, and to not dwell on naivety. Erebus barked and yelled some words which would go unheard of, aside from frantic yelling.

Guards patrolling in the city limits noticed Steel and Ko trailing the screaming rogue, and joined behind Steel in pursuit. Their eyes instantly throwing together the situation, as Erebus had his face on every bounty board in the metropolitan area that was Crocus. Erebus would spin around as he neared the castle gates entry, guards readying their spears ahead, with Steel and Ko and their NPC gang of misfit guards at his back and turn. With enemies in front and behind him, Erebus raised his hands up with a sorrowful face that pled for freedom. He knew he was more than capable of putting on a show, but rather-- the idea was let his guard down and be brought in.

The part that wouldn't feel too nice was on the horizons looming.

He then nimbly dropped to his knees extending the dagger Phantom Dancer at Steel in a solid simultaneous action, Erebus would instantly be moved toward and in front of Steel. Erebus positioned his body to assume a dagger fighting stance, off the hop, he appeared to dance like he would attack but careful analysis and one would see he winced his eyes to prepare for a knockout blow or a pretend on onset by a punch to the face minimally. The idea here was to let Steel knock him down, arrest the most wanted thief in the country, and take him into the castle dungeons, hopefully Steel was just as much the expert as Erebus in an improvised situation. Or else this could get awfully awkward soon.

#19Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:20 am

Steel

Steel chased Erebus who moved a lot more nimbly than Steel did. After all, Steel was wearing plate armor whilst Erebus was simply wearing the best type of protective gear for this kind of thing.Therefore when Erebus slid under a table or jumped over a wagon Steel had to make his way either through or around the objects that were in his direct path. Steel was falling behind when Erebus finally seemed cornered. As they ran guards had gathered behind them and now the castle towered in front of them.

Steel shouted at Erebus again and then he noticed how Erebus raised his hands as if to plead for freedom, sank down, turned around and pointed the knife at him. He was then suddenly gone from his position appearing nigh instantly in front of Steel. Steel had fought Erebus before and knew that the one to get the first strike would win so the moment Erebus appeared in front of him Steel launched his right fist attempting to hit Erebus between the eyes with a classic boxing straight. He hadn’t noticed the glint in Erebus eyes until it was nearly too late and slowed his punch down just enough to not cause any lethal damage to Erebus.

What he hoped was that Erebus would play along with his attack and fake becoming unconscious. He had no idea if Erebus wanted to play it out further than that but the moment he either hit or missed he would return to a defending position or if he hit and Erebus played along Steel would calm down and pick up Erebus “unconscious” body. He would then promptly start the hardest part of this journey. Faking being a guard and getting Erebus inside.

STEEL'S STATS

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#20Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sun Oct 11, 2020 8:39 pm

Erebus

Erebus of course, the pragmatic type, had to oversell the shot, as he threw his head in the direction and did a spin his body flipped over and hit his chest to the gravel as if highly superhuman entity had just defeated him in a single blow. The Rogue however grateful that Steel had not just taken out his teeth for real, he knew Ko might just from personality alone. Hence the reason for his jump scare on Steel, choosing the Lightning DS instead meant Erebus would be conscious and not needed to be woken up later to a concussion, Ko seemed to be blending in well himself however, and stood behind the two. Erebus allowed Steel to pin and cuff him under a knee, whereas he assumed the DS was waving the other guards back off except Ko.

The guards ahead spat at Erebus and then pulled down against a lever which brought down the bridge up ahead before the castle, Erebus was letting things play out naturally from here. Once inside, the trio could head to the library and get this heist started for real. He was pretending dead as a doorbell for now though,

Erebus probably felt embarrassed that it appeared he'd finally been caught, however once news would spread of his robbing the King, he would be as worldly infamous as the rest of the budding petals on Eternal Nightmare's flower stem. This was not known to him however, but by doing this, Erebus was entering the world of a much different kind of Outlaw. He began to grow curious about how important this book could really be; playing dead the entire way through the castle gate, until the three mercenaries were in the multi-mansion sized building.

#21Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Mon Oct 12, 2020 7:57 am

Steel

Steel had carried Erebus under his arm past the castle gates. Showing his insignia he had been allowed to go all the way down to the dungeon. With the “unconscious” body of his friend. He made his way down a flight of stairs and entered the dungeon. Walking into the dungeon he noticed this was no play where they truly held criminals. The only reason this place was here was so that they could keep criminals whilst waiting to transfer them to the notorious dungeon of Era.

He walked forth to the cell where he was supposed to throw Erebus. He had not stripped Erebus of his gear yet. Another guard was apparently supposed to do it. The cell was on the left side, fifth in line from the first cell. One of the two guards that stood by the entry to the dungeon had followed Steel to the cell. They unlocked the cell and Steel threw Erebus inside. Magic did not work here. Something about the structure blocked the usage of magic. They then locked the cell and the both of them started walking back towards the entry.

Steel's first mistake came when the guard who had quite obviously been bored standing down here all day started speaking to him casually, in their conversation Steel tried to deduce when the shift would change. Steel did not know the jargon of the guards and he was no true actor. What he was was a cold hard combat machine. When he slipped up he noticed the guard making the slightest move of their eyebrow as if they were shocked. Before they could signal their friend Steel had already grabbed  them by the neck. Panic pumped in the guards veins as Steel squeezed, breaking the guards neck and then promptly throwing them at the other guard by the entrance.

The guard was knocked over and before they could think to stand Steel was on them. He took the guards head in his hands and put his thumbs in their eyes. Before they had made noise their head was mush in Steels hands. He had killed both guards silently. Going back to the jail cell Steel unlocked it with a key he had grabbed from the one who had locked the cell earlier. He then looked to Erebus. “You have until the next shift which should be soon from what I could deduce from the guard I talked to.”

After saying that Steel walked back to the dead guards and dragged them over to the cell and threw them inside instead. He took their insignias. He would be able to use these at a later time. He then removed his bloodied gauntlets and cleaned himself. He wanted to get out of here before Erebus did so he walked out.

The dungeon IMG:

STEEL'S STATS

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#22Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:59 pm

Erebus

Erebus awaited in the care of Steel, so long as everything went according to plan. This might work, though it demanded full trust, something Erebus, for the life of his misunderstanding, could not tell why he chose to share with these two. Ko, he was a talent. Steel? A warrior. Both men had Erebus convinced he could trust his life with them, and thus would and could commit crimes alongside these two. Erebus lived for the heist-- no sooner would he invigorate himself in the very act of it.

Ko stood outside of the doorway, Steel went to bust heads. Erebus pulled a small piece of metal and a bobby pin from under his sleeve. He would have gotten to work except that Ko urged he wait a little longer. Erebus complied with a bratty remark suggesting pout and complaint. After Steel returned Erebus went invisible and the door came open. In his form, he would be visible through very deep squinting. He moved forward for the exit at the dungeon entry. "I'm going to find the Library. I'll meet back with the book in two minutes time." Erebus charged his legs, and jolted off at running speed.

#23Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Tue Oct 13, 2020 7:54 am

Steel

Steel had seen Erebus leave. He had walked out just afterwards. He did not want to leave. He wanted to leave in the confusion that would come from the guard shift and guards looking for the ones that killed those two guards in the dungeon. So Steel decided to wait around. He went to find a spot walking out into the yard. He started patrolling the gardens and the walls.

Time went on and Steel knew that Erebus had gotten the book by now. Steel had lost himself in time a little. “Dumb move.” He thought to himself cursing himself for losing grasp on the mission. But it was hard not to. He had never seen the extravagance of the royal family before. Custom made waterfalls. Fields of roses. You name it. They had it. In a weird way the riches they had made Steel sick because there were still a lot of very poor people on the streets.

The alert bells started ringing and was the real wake up call for Steel. He had to move. The adrenaline was pumping. He followed the other guards around but he actively looked to get out. But if he had to he was ready to call on the hammer and create a distraction.

STEEL'S STATS

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

#24Erebus 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:28 am

Erebus

Erebus tracked the building and eventually found himself pushing against the large door that allowed him passage into an old library. In here, Erebus could feel magic all around him, powered by intentions that radiated out of the books. A certain book, seemed to whisper to him, drawing him near and near. Pulling books off the shelf, Erebus pitched them until the early whispers would dimmer out. The book he held firmly in his grasp. GIORGIO AND THE DRAGON. Then, he sprang up at the the alarm screeching for his sinful taking, it was enough of a tip-off off to guess it happened when he'd been picking up the book, Erebus jumped up and aimed his dagger for the exit. He blitzed off to a stop in the hallway and permed all lunged he could. Finally closing into his running speed at the end. He was moving like lightning, speed at finest level, a single book in his off-hand as he narrowly avoided swords and guards alike, his spell held tact; his invisibility on and thus difficulty actually tracing his speed, kicking off the walls and darting down hallways. Erebus had to find Steel and Ko, leading Erebus back toward the dungeon, where he assumed Ko and Steel may have remained. Erebus could hear a crashing noise as pillars meters behind him began to blow up from spells of unknown origin, Erebus didn't turn around to check, rather he looked around the area for his allies, the castle itself began to weaponize.

Erebus just prayed the Kingsuard wasn't going to make an entrance.

Phantom Rush: Sustaining -200MP

1050/1450 MANA

#25Steel 

Giorgio and the Dragon (Closed) [Ko, Steel, Erebus] Empty Sat Oct 17, 2020 3:43 am

Steel

Time passed and Steel had not met up with Erebus when he heard explosions from inside the castle. He was not about to leave his newfound friends behind. Steel standing just inside the gates of the castle raised his arm and held it still. Whilst he was doing that one of the guards ran past him but quickly came back. He found Steel to be weird. Why would someone stand openly like this with their arm raised when the alarm was going off. So he looked Steel dead in the eyes and walked up to him. He walked as close as a meter away from Steel. “Hey Private. The alarm is going off. Come with me and check whatever is happening out.” Just then is when terror entered the eyes of the guard.

While he had spoken Steel had reached out with his other hand and in a quick motion grabbed onto the guard. After grabbing onto the guard Steel had raised the guard into the air. Then the guard had instantly started screaming as in a flash of lightning a hammer appeared in Steels hands. Mjolnir was there and it felt just right. The weight in his hands was perfect. “Now let me show you a magic trick. I'm gonna make this rabbit disappear.” He raised the hammer and smashed it down onto the guardsmans head. The head disappeared. Steel jokingly smiled.

A guard nearby that had seen it all puked from the disgusting action another raised their spear and they all called on help.
Spells used:

STEEL'S STATS
Strength: 79+ 60 from Earrings +20 from Armor +120 from Mjolnir = 279
Speed: 31 +40 from Ring -10 from Armor -50 from Mjolnir = 11
Mana: 1635 -100

STEEL'S EQUIPMENT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum