Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 10: Unite and Conquer

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Chapter 10: Unite and Conquer Empty Mon Apr 22, 2024 5:32 pm

Ryuko

The village elders trembled in fear as Ryuko had given her demands. "Do not worry, as long as you are our allies, you will find prosperity and protection in our care." Ryuko soon heard the heavy steps of armored boots as the order's knights approached her, seemingly restraining a man. The elders instantly seemed to recognize him, after all he was the leader of the settlement that was just torched to the ground. If only the fool had not shown any defiance the countless villagers in his care might had survived...

"You monster!" the man shouted at her as she turned to face him. The dragon girl's gaze lingered on the man's glare for a moment. "Still showing such misguided confidence. Has the sacrifices your defiance caused not shown the foly of swatting away the hand that was proffered in peace?"

"I do not know what deal you have struck with the devil, but no true human would side with such a fiend! My people will never join hands with the likes of you, you demon! You should have no home on this earth, you abomination!" the man spat out at her, struggling to get loose from the grasp of her guards.

The words were spoken with so much vehemence and conviction, but his voice was filled with fear and despair. It was clear to Ryuko that this man had seen what had happened to those who opposed her. But it seemed that even the threat of death did not stop him. This man would make for a great leader... too bad his mind had become twisted.

"Such a pity. It seems there is no room for peace in your heart. Your people have paid the price for your obstinacy, but do not worry. I will take good care of the survivors," she said, before giving a nod to her guards.

The two knights restraining the man pulled out their weapons. "No, you can't, please no, spare me..." the man begged, as the blades of the knights came down.

"Such a waste," Ryuko spoke softly, as the man's head rolled towards her, the eyes of the severed head looking up at her.

She gave a quick glance to the horrified village elders. "Make sure they understand their options." With those words she turned around and left the settlement, leaving the guards to do the work. After a moment the dragon girl convened with the tactician on the next course of her campaign. "You want to send the head to Drurigrad?!" The tactician asked in disbelief. "Yes, as a warning, to show what will happen to these who decline the prince's kind offer for a united Pergrande."

"As you wish, Ryuko," the tactician agreed, still taken aback by the rather extreme measure.

"I believe this should be enough for today. Take the men and return to camp, I have some things to attend to," Ryuko commanded as she left the tent.

Once outside, Ryuko let her human form fall apart and took on her true draconic body. Her armor vanished from her body, the straps having been dissolved, before being replaced by scales of her own. Her hands and feet morphed into strong paws, claws bursting from the ends of her digits, while her body grew to the size of a horse, a pair of wings forming from her back. A long tail grew out from the end of her spine, before a large mane formed around her neck, the red locks growing long and flowing, before turning into flames.

With her transformation complete, the dragon girl took to the skies and flew away from the camp. Once she was far enough, she landed in a clearing, her mane putting out her flame locks. The dragon girl then took her seat on the grass, closing her eyes and allowing her body to relax. She needed this, she couldn't remember the last time she had a chance to simply sit down and rest, even if it was just for a little bit. "Your act as the villain was played to perfection Ryuko."

A masculine voice called out to her, causing the dragon to gaze sideways as she saw Bahamut in his human disguise. "It was needed, if we want to create a strong horde to oppose the gods then surely we will need a horde that people either respect and admire, or fear."

"Your plan is certainly coming along quite nicely," the man spoke as he walked closer to her. "In just a short time Prince Igor will see his desire of a united Pergrande as his enemies will fall to your might. You should be proud, most dragons would need a thousand years to achieve the same thing."

"That's because most dragons have nothing to gain by doing this. We have something worth fighting for. We have something worth fighting alongside each other for. We have you, Bahamut," Ryuko told the disguised dragon monarch.

"I'm happy you have placed so much trust in me. I hope you will remain faithful to me until the very end," Bahamut said, as his gaze fell on the dragon girl. "You should likely return to the capital soon, surely the prince will look forward to hear of your exploits."

"Indeed, I must not keep him waiting. I will return momentarily."

It had been a few weeks since Ryuko's departure, while reports of the events had already reached the capital, to most it sounded far-fetched. In just a short period the Voda river had been claimed by the Dragon Order and the surrounding settlements either joined or were razed to the ground. The display of power made it clear the order was not just merely words and pretty speeches. No, did they truly intend to create a united Illingrad and allow them to live peacefully and enjoy prosperity even in this harsh and cold land they called their home?

The citizens of Drurigrad were divided, as rumors and testimonies spread, both of the horrors and the good fortune. Some had even claimed the Dragon Order was in league with the devil, their methods were far too unnatural and inhuman. The stories of the order's brutality had spread far, even reaching the ears of the prince's advisors. Of course they didn't know what had unfolded between him and the leader of the order who had carried out these deeds in his name, but it was clear that the Dragon Order had been the catalyst that had been needed to set in motion the events that would unite his country, even if it was in the wake of a civil war.

Finally the moment they had waited for had arrived as the sight of a giant dragon could be seen soaring overhead as it descended the dragon turned back into their humanoid form, disappearing at the palace. It seemed a key moment in the history of their nation was about to take place soon...

But for Ryuko it was all a stepping stone, one to pursue her ambitions and reach out to the goal she had placed before her. She would never suffer such humiliation again. Even if she had to broker deals with the devil, even if she had to wield powers of the void that others considered unnatural.

Yet deep inside she truly believed this was her path, the path that Ryuko had chosen to walk... This was who she had become.

WC: 1250/1250

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum