Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Home Sick? No, just Sick at Home

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Brone Heavyaxe 

Home Sick? No, just Sick at Home Empty Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:05 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone Heavyaxe awoke with a splitting headache, with this he wondered if this was some kind of attack, so he went to get checked on, "Feels like someone slammed an axe into me head" he told Vivian, the head nurse hired by Paradise Dawn. He sat on one of the beds in the medical wing.

"The good news is that it wasn't an axe, but the bad news is this is a high fever" Vivian seemed slightly alarmed as she checked the thermometer, "I don't understand how you are awake, let alone walking around the grounds" she was perplexed.

"We dwarves are too sturdy to be easily sick" This was true and Vivian did remember reading something along the lines of this. When she was first hired, he was informed there was a dwarf amongst the ranks and after meeting Brone for his first check-up, she realized his body was indeed more durable than the average human, so she took it upon herself to study into dwarven anatomy.

#2Brone Heavyaxe 

Home Sick? No, just Sick at Home Empty Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:14 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
"I can't stay in bed!" Brone blurted out, but Vivian, though petite and timid in her personality, was stern as she can be to the point her cheeks puffed up, attempting to look intimidating.

"That is the doctor's orders, you cannot overexert yourself" She was indeed taller than him, but she was practically the most physically weakest of the staff.

"I've been poisoned, drained of me lifeforce, nearly burnt to a crisp, and yet I still managed to fight with all that I have! I cannot be in bed all day!" Brone bellowed, partially angry, partially pleading for the nurse to reconsider, "... And don't ye mean 'Nurse's Orders'?" he managed to add that question in at the end simply for curiosity.

"Fine, you don't have to stay in bed, but you cannot perform any labor, neither can you leave the guild hall, so I'm suspending you from your duties until further notice" Vivian quickly scribbled something down onto her clipboard, "Also, I got my doctorate in medicine, so that's Dr. Vivian" she added at the end with puffed cheeks.

#3Brone Heavyaxe 

Home Sick? No, just Sick at Home Empty Thu Feb 29, 2024 3:21 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone suddenly woke up with a start. Which caused him dizziness, but after gathering himself, he looked around the room to see that he was still in the medical wing. He realized that Dr. Vivian had tricked him when she said she needed to perform some more tests on him, knowing that if the dwarf was stationary in a room with no stimulation, he would eventually fall asleep. Now he sat up in one of the beds in the empty medical wing with the light off. He looked to the window and saw that the sun had already set. "How long have I been asleep!?" he cried out in surprise. When he had last spoken with Vivian, it was still before noon. It was then that he admitted that he may have needed that rest to at least recovery slightly.

Nevertheless, he still got up and walked out into the hall while still in his pajamas.

#4Brone Heavyaxe 

Home Sick? No, just Sick at Home Empty Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:04 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Sarina was reclining in her chair while reading her new thriller novel. As usual, the reception office was empty at night. Eventually the silence was broken by footsteps. The red haired vampire listened carefully, trying to discern who the footsteps may belong too; it was slow and sounded like light slapping, an odd sound. At this time of night, no one came to the front, save for the night patrol guards, but they had already began their patrol a few hours prior.

She managed to figure out the steps were coming from the corridor that led to the bridge, so she watched while being on guard. Though she looked delicate, she had vampiric strength and agility and could handle herself, though reading her novel did set her on edge.

"Oy" Brone walked into the office while wearing his pajamas and a pair of fuzzy slippers. Sarina relaxed though she was wondering why the dwarf was wearing his new gray horned helmet that covered the majority of his face. The only reason she recognized him was his voice his stature.

"Vivian told me I got to cover my face since I'm sick" He shrugged. He knew he had to war a proper face mask, but he was too embarrassed to be seen wearing it, so he donned his helmet to cover it.

#5Brone Heavyaxe 

Home Sick? No, just Sick at Home Empty Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:13 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
"Shouldn't you be in bed then?" Sarina asked, though she wasn't concerned for the dwarf's well-being, but simply curious.

"I ain't spending my time bound to me bed, I need to be doing something" Brone was stubborn, but the fatigue in his voice prevented him from getting loud or even to properly express himself. He walked over and sat on one of the guest chairs so he could rest for moment.

"Well you're restricted" Sarina shrugged. Brone looked to her, wondering what she was talking about, "Vivian sent out a notice to each building to inform everyone that you are to be relieved from any duty" The vampire watched as the dwarf groan and slump in the chair. For a moment she thought back to when she had been employed by Ansum. Yuurei and Brone were his enemies, so there was a bounty on their heads for all the known vampires of the nest. However with their strength and magic, no vampire that went against them had survived. Sarina watched the dwarf, realizing that this was the most vulnerable she had ever seen him, weak, fatigue, and without his weapons and armor, save for the helmet. She wondered if Ansum was alive, would she have taken the chance to kill him?

Then a second later, Sarina turned to her book, thankful that Yuurei and Brone killed that Vampire lord, which in turn freed her from his bond.

#6Brone Heavyaxe 

Home Sick? No, just Sick at Home Empty Thu Feb 29, 2024 4:21 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone awoken again. Finding himself sitting in a guest chair at the receptionist office. Sarina was still in her seat, reading her novel. He didn't know how long he had fallen asleep this time, but figured it wasn't any close to dawn since Sarina was still there. He knew that the young red head is a vampire, but never brought it up.

"I guess I should head to bed then" He finally gave in. He didn't think he would continue to fall asleep throughout the night. The safest place he'll be would be his bed, so he said 'goodnight' to Sarina and made his way back to the men's dorm. Once he stepped out of the office, Sarina appeared beside him. She decided to walk him back to the dorm, slightly concerned that the dwarf would fall asleep or something worse may happen during his walk. She didn't want to create conversation with Brone, since she was mainly introverted, but the dwarf understood, so they both walked quietly in the night.

Brone remained in his room for several days until his fever left.

[Exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum