Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chapter 2: Hidden truth [Long SL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Fei Yu 

Chapter 2: Hidden truth [Long SL] Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:18 pm

Fei Yu
As Yu started to investigate further into the records contained within the diary her initial curiosity turned into disbelief and then concern, so strong were the emotions she felt upon reading the contents of the book. To think the Witch of Albion had been working with the Fairies of Caelum in an attempt to find a way to seal the fractured rift. However, as she investigated further into the origins of the rift the book noted how the witch discovered that beyond it was an entirely different plane of existence known as the void.

The void is a dark and sinister plane, devoid of life and filled with creatures from other worlds the rift had consumed and sucked in, as the witch studied the void she discovered the horrific truth, the void is the very same rift in space that had appeared over the land, and it was not an isolated incident, rather there are similar rifts all around the galaxy, rifts that have existed for a very long time, feeding off the life energy of the earth itself till at some point the rifts expanded to such a size that they could engulf entire planets.

Yu had found out the truth. The witch was a genius and had a keen eye for details, she had discovered a connection between the void and the rifts, but before she could discover more a drastic event forced the witch to attempt to seal the rift on her own. The witch believed that due to how many people were willingly sacrificing things to the void in exchange for power, that it would be difficult to convince them of the truth. Even more, it was likely a conflict would escalate over the debate and she didn't want to drag her loved ones into the conflict and so she fought... a lonely battle that in the end claimed her life. It was tragic to discover that it was a sacrifice that had been in vain, for the rift still threatened Earthland.

WC: 337
Total WC: 337/1200

#2Fei Yu 

Chapter 2: Hidden truth [Long SL] Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:20 pm

Fei Yu
Yu was shocked by the discovery, her heart ached and she wanted to cry, but her mind was set and her resolve steeled, she will not let this opportunity slip, she will continue on with the witch's research and find a way to stop the Rift once and for all. Closing the book Yu turned toward Nyancelot. "I have an idea Nyancelot..." She said as she approached the Exceed. "If we were to get close enough to the rift, and I use my powers to try to forcefully negate the magic sustaining the rift, then maybe the rift will collapse and the void will not be able to threaten Earthland!"

"Yu! Are you insane?!" The cat exclaimed, shocked by the idea. "Yes, but it is the only option we have! I can feel the magic in the air, the rift is expanding and it will not be long before the void can begin consuming everything and everyone! I have to stop it before then! But I need your help!" She insisted, she could not do this alone, she needed his help if she was going to accomplish her goal. Nyancelot was not sure what to think, he knew Yu was a strong mage, but her plan sounded dangerous, especially if her attempts to negate the rift would not be enough, she could lose control of her power and cause a much larger catastrophe.
"Yu, I know you are a powerful mage, but even I can tell your power is not enough to negate the magic sustaining the Rift" He cautioned her, he didn't want her to do something rash, she had a habit of rushing into things and he did not want her to put herself in danger. "But the witch had collaborators in Talaz Lagaar, maybe they know a way to get us close enough to the rift while remaining safe?" She offered, her words giving Nyancelot pause. He knew she was right, the rift was growing in size, and it was only a matter of time before it began consuming the planet. Nyancelot knew there was no other option.

"Fine... but at the first sign of danger I'm pulling you out of there!" Nyancelot clearly was worried about Yu's safety after all.

WC: 378
Total WC: 715/1200

#3Fei Yu 

Chapter 2: Hidden truth [Long SL] Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:27 pm

Fei Yu
After they left the atelier of the witch Nyancelot stopped in his tracks as he saw Yu seemingly starting to gather some rocks and trying to smoothen them into a particular shape. "What are you doing Yu?" Nyancelot inquired upon which Yu explained with a sorrowful smile. "Making a memorial for the witch. To show her that even if others forgot her, we will remember the sacrifices she made." Nyancelot smiled warmly at the gesture as he started to help her, and after a while the duo finally finished, Yu clapping her hands in a somber prayer while Nyancelot gazed up at the sky in nostalgia, thinking: Are you watching... Master?

After they finished building the memorial the two decided to return to the nearby port. It was fortunate that recent events had led to Talaz Lagaar to be more open to foreigners, but even during their journey by ship the closer they came to the port the more Yu couldn't shake off the feeling that there was something terribly wrong about the island. It was as if nature itself was crying out in protest, and even from afar she could see the Fractured Sky above the center of the isle.

Once at the isle Yu chimed to Nyancelot. "Let us go Nyancelot, if I read right there used to be a tavern the witch used to frequently visit to meet with her allies within the Talaz Lagaar population."

WC: 240
Total WC: 955/1200

#4Fei Yu 

Chapter 2: Hidden truth [Long SL] Empty Thu Jan 25, 2024 11:34 pm

Fei Yu
Nyancelot nodded his head in response, already approaching people for directions. According to one of the locals there was a popular tavern in the harbor that foreigners liked to visit and stay at, so it seemed like the best bet for them to go to at this point. Even despite Yu's best efforts to ignore the winces and pained cries of the spirits, she braced herself for the challenge up ahead. Fortunately they didn't need to wait long, for as they arrived at the tavern and explained her intentions to the bartender the man's eyes softened in a sorrowful gaze.

"So she died... Pity, well if you're wanting to finish what she started I won't try to stop you. As you likely heard there recently been more and more foreigners sacrificing all sorts of things to the Fractured Rift. Like the lass said, it's useless for one person to try to tell them of the dangers, you'll just be accused of crying wolf or wanting to keep them from getting more powerful."

The bartender sighed. "Some of my friends are planning to pay a closer look to the rift tomorrow. See if anything changed since there started to be more and more foreigners visiting, news likely won't be good but they are your closest bet to getting to the rift safely, at least without being sucked into the rift yourself!"

Yu nodded her head lightly at the information. "For now rest a bit, I'll introduce you to the others during the evening." Smiling at her the man directed her to her room, giving Yu the opportunity to rest for a bit.

WC: 280
Total WC: 1235/1200

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum