Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

#1Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:55 pm

Lola

WORDS: 200 | Hard Days Work

“Come on, just gotta, it can't be THAT hard, can it…?” The effort toward the recovery of the commonfolk of Joya something which the guild masters and members of Fiore seemed to support whole heartedly, at least the one's that weren't total assclowns of course, everyone was doing their bit to try and help the people who had their lives turned upside down by the civil war of liberation, though perhaps that wasn’t always a good thing really. Case in point the example of a perky pinkette who had taken up the old hammer and nails for what had been the very first time in her rather privileged life, Lola Skylark lacked little for eager enthusiasm, but experience and skill might yet leave something to be desired.

“Ahhhhh! M-My thumb! Fang! FANNNGGG!” Perhaps this never better exemplified than when the heavy head of her tool seemed to make a bigger impression upon her thumb than it did the nail she had been trying to line up, as the latter tumbled toward the ground the would be handywoman was suddenly found shrieking and shaking her hand, and demanding that her long suffering partner assist her with her task. I mean, he always was better at this kind of thing, right~?

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

credit to nat of adoxography.

#2Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Mon Oct 30, 2023 3:51 pm

Silver Fang
As the hammer came tumbling down it fell right into the hand of the wolf boy below, who gave a long suffering sigh as he heard the shrieking girl above. She was lucky he cared about her so much, although the reason why was well beyond him to comprehend it seemed. She was a cute and at times sexy woman, but there were moments like these where it wasn't hard to predict that whatever she was about to attempt could quickly become ruinous for everyone involved. But perhaps he liked that about her too. Her willingness to do things beyond her, at least attempting something before she gave up. In that sense it was admirable. But sometimes he didn't appreciate being her main source of emotional support... Then again as much time as they spent together maybe he'd be jealous if it were otherwise.

But with a little leap, he'd end up on the roof beside the pink beauty with the hammer in hand. Moved to take her hand and examine it. It didn't look broken or split, so that was good. She probably broke her nail at the end, but that was superficial. "You're okay, Lola. You banged it up a little, but I don't think you need any medical attention." Still, he tried to soothe her wound a little. With a bit of focus, she'd find her finger wrapped in a thin layer of ice. Frost kissed her skin to ease the pain, like putting her finger inside a perfectly molded ice-cycle. "There, that should help a little, right? The ice will melt in a minute. If your finger starts to swell, I can wrap it with more ice." He suggested.

In fact, he was very much used to this kind of labor. He was no stranger to axes, hammers, and nails. He'd spent days, perhaps even weeks helping his fellow villagers back in Iceberg build and repair things. He was as much a handyman as any of them. He could go anywhere and build himself a little cottage with relative ease if he wanted to.

#3Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Wed Nov 01, 2023 8:55 am

Lola

WORDS: 180 | Hard Days Work

“J-Jeez, I-I'm not THAT much of a baby, Fang! It'll be… It'll be okay!” The fuchsia fox feeling frustrated enough with her task before her loyal follower appeared and seemed to make a rather belittling assumption behind the reason for his summoning, though her thumbs throbbing a bit and perhaps likely to be sore for a little while to come it wasn't for that reason that Miss Skylark had summoned Fang to her side, but honestly, was almost as embarrassing, in truth.

“S-Show me how you use these properly… A-Again…” Waving her hand until the worse of that pulsing pain seemed to subside and then lifting up both the hammer she had been holding and the nail which had dropped to the ground in her little accident, the perky pinkette found her cheeks glowing the same colour as her hair as she requested he show her how to use these items more successfully, and begrudgingly admitted it wasn't the first time either. I mean, as galling as it was to admit, not everything came so naturally to her as being a prime time cutie pie, did it~?

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#4Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Tue Nov 07, 2023 8:05 am

Silver Fang
He could believe she wanted his help learning to hammer properly again, though he didn't believe it was the primary reason for calling him. She had just thwacked her thumb with a hammer after all. She was tenacious, and not exactly a fragile flower, so he was sure she would jump back quickly, but it was at least her way of loudly complaining if only for a moment. And maybe seeking comfort from him... It struck him then that he might have been a little bit of an asshole.

After all, it wasn't like she wanted to hit her fingers just so she could annoy him, so what was he getting annoyed about? Acting this way would just make her feel like she could not come to him in the future right? He didn't want to push her away, and he should not belittle her failure when she was trying so hard to do her best, he was sure.

"Sorry..." He eventually said shaking his head. "You don't deserve to be treated that way. You're trying your best and I don't like seeing you get hurt..." He said with a small sigh.

"Anyway, yeah, I'll show you how to do it again. Just let me know whenever you need help, okay? I'll be there for you." He said as he took a nail and set it in place.

"Don't try to hit the nail all at once. Some people can do that when they get really good at it, but you're new to this, so take your time. Focus on doing it right rather than doing it quickly." He said giving the flat of the nail a couple of firm taps till it was firmly set in place, no longer needing him to hold it.

"Now the nail is in place without my fingers being in the way. It's an inch in, so the work is already mostly done. Now you just need to drive the nail home. You still don't need to hit it too hard, just enough to keep pushing it deeper.
" He said showing her as he gave the nail some slightly more solid hits but never trying to use all his strength. His hand was out of the way and the nail was hit all the way down.

Turning to Lola he made sure she understood what he explained. "Got it?"

#5Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Sun Nov 12, 2023 2:01 pm

Lola

WORDS: 350 | Hard Days Work

“Hmmmm… I-I see, well, I had most of it down…” Certainly not feeling her most comfortable being re-educated on what was perhaps the most rudimentary tool that the intelligent races had seemed to develop and as such sporting some crimson colour in her cheeks as her friend explained the proper manner to do this, there was nothing at all complicated or fancy about the task and as such Miss Skylark only felt all the more humbled to be struggling with it, and tried to cover that fact for nothing more than her simple sense of pride.
“Now…” Never one to spend her time wallowing on the floor when she was bucked from her proverbial horse however and as such the cerise sylph taking up the task once more with the supervision of her more learned friend, she glanced between the objects in her hand and the face of young Fang before she lined them up for a second attempt, and this time seemed to prove that bit more successful by tempering her output and focusing more on precision than power.

“Heh.. Hah… HAH…! HAAGGHH!” The girl grinning a little as the result seemed to drive the nail into the wood just well enough that it didn't tumble back out and feeling encouraged by the deed, once more did she look to her long suffering accompaniment before she began to take to the task with gusto, and perhaps just a little bit too much zeal as well as she let her hammering get the better of her and seemed to repeat the incident from earlier.
“S-Stupid hammer…!” Once more pouting because of that and looking to the lad with a dash of a tear within her eyes again, while the deed was a little softer and not as harmful to her hand it still seemed to sting her pride to be so lacking for skill when it came to matters like this, and so she couldn't help but curse the object which defied her and toss it toward the ground with contempt as well before puffing her cheeks and folding her arms in annoyance…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#6Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Thu Nov 23, 2023 6:54 pm

Silver Fang
Fang watched her work, crossing his arms as he tried to see what she was doing right, and wrong. In the end, though it seemed she got a little too excited, or impatient. It was a little hard to say really, whatever the case he jumped from the top of the house to grab the abandoned hammer once more, then made his way up to the roof again, holding the hammer, but not offering it back yet.

"You know, you should treat your tools better. This is not your hammer, is it? We are just borrowing it from the people here. It's disrespectful to them as well as the tool to let it fall to the ground like that. It's not elegant or fragile, but the hammer still did nothing wrong. And even were it yours I would still suggest you respect the things you own." He noted simply as he knelt beside her and rubbed her back.

"You were doing well. But you just need to stay focused. You almost had it." He said before offering the hammer to her again. "So will you try again until you finally get it? Or are you too frustrated? You can take a break and cool off if you need to. I'll take over hammering nails for a while until you are ready to try again if that's what you want." He offered.

#7Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Thu Dec 07, 2023 7:05 am

Lola

WORDS: 350 | Hard Days Work

“You…!” A girl who had grown with a silver spoon certainly not likely to be all that good with a hammer and nails upon her first try and as much to be awful with being lectured like this as well, the flustered fae seemed to flush all too quickly when her fuzzy eared friend began to chide her for how she had treated the hammer she was given, while on some level she knew he was right she was more offended by the fact that he showed more concern to that stupid lump of metal than he did her and found her temper rising because of it.
“I-I'm not a child, you know! You don't have to talk down to me like that!” By no means making herself seem any less childish for her reaction mind you and lashing out because of the rather significant lack of her maturity, perhaps had it been almost anyone else rebuking her for her behaviour then she might have taken it a little more gracefully, maybe, but the fact that it was Fang was what bothered Miss Skylark the most.

“I'll take a break, but not from the hammer, but from you!” Getting closer to the lad ever since they had met in the mansion that time, while the road had often proven a bumpy one like it was today she had slowly begun to accept him in her heart and so his criticism seemed to sting at her far worse than any other party, and prompt her to see an escape from the fool in order to preserve at least a little of her dignity. What little was left at this stage, of course.
“You're a big, stupid jerk!” For that reason the fuchsia fox seeming to rush away with all the fleetness that her heels could command, a stride became a sprint and then with a rush of green wind did she seem to lurch away to climb to mount a rather steep slope and keep going, never looking back for the fact that she could feel just a hint of tears building up within the corners of her eyes…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#8Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:15 am

Silver Fang
Fang looked at her as she yelled at him. He didn't bother trying to respond, he just stood and took it. He wasn't flustered, and while it didn't show on his face her words did hurt him. Even if she was only lashing out at him because she was upset with the situation. Him, the hammering, or both. But even knowing that being the case it still hurt a little to be told he was the reason she was going and calling him names as she left.

He wasn't going to cry about it, but he wasn't going to forget it anytime soon either. He'd been trying to help her, sure, he'd lectured her a bit, but it wasn't to make her feel bad, just to make her more considerate of the objects she was using. It would not do anyone any good if she broke it for no good reason after all.

But, whatever, she needed time to cool down and he still had the hammer, so he got back to it in her place. He bent down and started hammering nails with relative ease. Clearly, a job he was used to on his end. He didn't have to bother with the light taps. He just held a nail, smacked it halfway in with one wack, took away his fingers, and nailed it in the rest of the way. Then he'd grab another nail and do it again. He was pretty quick, taking just a few seconds each time he got one nail in, then the next.

#9Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Thu Dec 07, 2023 10:04 am

Lola

WORDS: 400 | Hard Days Work

“Here you go then… Thanks for the hard work~!” Tears having been shed and vendetta's having been sworn in the interim, by the time that lunch break had rolled around for their plucky little gang of would-be rebuilders and the like it seemed that Lola was feeling a whole lot better about herself, and a whole lot happier serving up portions of rice as she stood alongside the more matronly and matriarchal figures who had opted to do the cooking, and taken her under their wing when she had been upset too.
Maybe I am more suited to this kind of thing? But I just wanted to… Ultimately the lass feeling happier in this position as well even if it did feel a bit like she was letting the tasks involving hammers and nails get the better of her, it was nice to smile and gossip a bit with these people and just as much so to dish out servings for those who stood in line too, and in her own way she felt like she was making a bit of a difference with the brightness of her smile and the kind words she shared. Though, it felt like something was missing, all the same.

“Oh no, no Happy!” Not that she had too much time to focus upon the matter of absence when she was also accompanied by a blue furred fiend who seemed intent on getting his fill and then some, once more she found a paw seeming to creep up onto the table where she was distributing their cooking and the catch which supplemented it and tippy toeing toward the collection of freshly caught and seared specimens from the river, which she had to deny with a gentle tap of her hand.
“Teeheeheehee! That fish is for everyone, not just you, you rascal~!” Interrupting the act and then forced to dip down to look at a face which had even bigger and darker doe eyes than her own, such an expression might have compelled her to toss the lad a little more if he wasn't already gnawing upon the fishbone which was left of an allotment he had been given only a matter of minutes before, and so instead she merely scruffed the fur atop his head playfully and seemed to giggle as she chided him for his greed. After all, it was her job to make sure everyone got their proper share, right~?

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#10Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:00 am

Silver Fang
It was a bit later after Fang finished the work that Lola had started, and the people working on construction broke for some lunch. Which was good timing in his opinion since he was pretty hungry at the moment. Construction was a lot of manual labor after all. But building something was still pretty satisfying he had to admit. Maybe not as satisfying as completing a quest where he had to save people from a violent threat, but it certainly wasn't bad.

Heading in with other people, joining the line for food until he came to where Lola was serving the food with everyone else. Fang had his tray ready, taking note of the fact that Lola seemed to have ditched the hammer for the ladle entirely. Well whatever he supposed, she looked a little happier now at least. Whatever the case he didn't intend to bother her more than he had to for now. He just wanted to get his food, sit down, and eat.

He also noticed Happy though, not quite sure what to make of the little blue feline. He was cute, but he wasn't really sure why the cat had decided to start tagging along with them. Not that he minded much he suppose. Happy was a cute little troublemaker. And he assumed he was at least part of the reason Lola seemed to be in a slightly better mood. It was easy to get distracted with the cute little cat around after all.

But distractions aside he wondered what they were serving for lunch today. Whatever it was it smelled pretty good to him, his tail wagging behind him as he looked forward to a warm meal after working for the past hour and more doing whatever physical tasks had been required of him before taking Lola's place hammering on the rooftops.

#11Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Wed Dec 20, 2023 6:48 am

Lola

WORDS: 290 | Hard Days Work

F-Fang… Perhaps it not occurring to Miss Skylark that she would run into the young man with whom she currently found herself quarrelling until he appeared before her in the queue of workers, for a second the surprise seemed to awaken a feeling of vulnerability and a wideness in her eyes like that of a pleading child, but only too quickly did that seem to get replaced by something tougher and far more abrasive.
“Hmph!” The lass puffing her cheeks and making no effort to talk to him and evading any opportunity she could to even look at him in fact, all she did was dutifully dish out a portion of rice and fish as quickly as she could before stepping over to deal with the person behind him, feeling all too aware of how the women nearby were gossiping as she did so, and hope that at the very least this annoyance would not burden her with his company much longer either.

"Oh boy, oh boy…
That’s a big, juicy piece of fish you got there, friend! Real big!
You sure you can manage all that on your own~?"

Not that certain of the parties weren’t feeling far more welcoming and friendly than the pink princess of course and their baby blue proving his solidarity only lingered so long as his belly did not crave more, from beneath the serving table did a fuzzy azure shape poke his head out and allow any beef between their respective canine and feline countenance fall by the wayside as he looked up to the plate which Fang was carrying, and gazed at him like he was the most wonderful creature a person could have ever met. Cats were fickle but greedy creatures, clearly…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#12Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Thu Dec 28, 2023 7:57 am

Silver Fang
Fang was about to thank her for the food, it was the least he could do even if she was mad at him. But she was gone well before the first syllable was upon his lips. He shrugged internally guessing this wasn't going to be over anytime soon. Honestly, it made him just a little depressed. He considered just eating his food and leaving. Tough as he might be he didn't want to be hurt being avoided and dealing with passive-aggressive behavior the rest of their time here. If she didn't want him around then why stay? Helping these people was nice, but he didn't want to put up with the attitude. They probably wouldn't blame him if he decided to call it early and head home. He'd already done a lot in the brief time he was here to help anyway.

But it seemed at least one person didn't mind him right now at least. Even if was out of greed, Fang wasn't really feeling his best right now anyway, so he didn't mind sparing some of his fish for the feline.

"If you want some, I'll share it. I'm not as hungry as I thought I was." He decided to invite Happy to join him as he moved to take a seat and dig into his meal while cutting a portion of the fish for Happy to take while he started on the rice and saving what was left of the fish for himself.

The food smelled good, even if he was less in the mood for it now. Fang usually had quite the appetite. He was at least to some degree a wolf after all.

#13Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:06 am

Lola

WORDS: 300 | Hard Days Work  

Traitor…! It seeming that the glower power of Miss Skylark would not be limited merely to the boy who had upset her but also her feline friend when he showed his loyalty only extended as far as his belly was deep, the petulant pinkette puffed out her cheeks as she watched her pet seem to wander off with the lad she was currently in a state of discord with, and she seemed to quickly march off to deal with someone else because of it. Really, where was the solidarity for a sulking girl, hm?

"Fangy~!
You know, you're alright for a man who smells like dog?
Usually I don't get along with Dogs, but you're good people!"

The moggy meanwhile seeming to show that the route to his heart and the affection therein lay right through his stomach and as such admitting the fact that he had been wary of Fang for reasons which were only too obvious, the deep mistrust between those of cat and canine inclination seemed to endure even with this rather unusually example of an upright and blue furred example of the former, though he seemed happy to overlook it in light of the kindness which the boy showed him in regards to their mealtime.

"So what's going on with Lola?
She seemed a bit grumpy earlier, and then again when you showed up?"

As such the greedy critter seeming to follow the lad wherever he wanted to lead them with an eye which never quite seemed to drift too far from the portion of poisson upon his plate, even with such focus Happy couldn't help but observe the hostility which the lady among their group was seeming to carry with her, and quizzed the lad upon the issue curiously and perhaps a little tactlessly. Though, really it only seemed polite to make conversation with a dining partner, no~?

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#14Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Wed Jan 03, 2024 6:39 am

Silver Fang
Fang didn't go too far, just picking a table in the back of the room away from where they would be easily noticed by Lola. He figured so long as they were out of sight they were also more or less out of mind.

Once he was seated though he worked to split the fish so that Happy got half of one side, and Fang got the other half. If one side happened to be a little smaller, Fang took that one leaving the slightly bigger peace for the cat. "I like cats. Often fickle, but cute. Honest in their own way." He mused, though he hardly needed to tell happy what he was like. He imagined that Happy could be deceptive, but doubted he lied outright very often.

"Ah, that." He said shaking his head with a little sigh and taking a few small bites of his food. "We were working earlier, hammering n'such. But she kept messing up. She'd hurt herself, and get frustrated, I'd try to guide her a bit. Eventually, she dropped the hammer so I picked it up and lectured her a little about respecting other people's property since it wasn't her hammer to toss around while she was angry. So she snapped at me and stormed off. Called me a "Big stupid jerk" too. Can't say that felt very nice. I was a little stern maybe, but I don't think I was mean about it." He said shaking his head.

"Either way, if she wants to be mad, then I'll let her be mad. I'm just going to eat and go I think. She'll have a better time if I'm not around to ruin it for her." He said feeling it was a pretty sensible idea on his part.

#15Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Fri Jan 05, 2024 4:31 am

Lola

WORDS: 230 | Hard Days Work

"Huuuuuh, that was kind of mean of her, huh?
I wonder why she wanted to do that if she wasn't good at it…?
She seems a lot better working with the other girls?"

The hungry cat happy to share a little conversation with Fang as his mealtime continued, his blue brow seemed to furrow as the boy revealed the circumstances which had led to the current estrangement and then he titled his head as he too admitted that it wasn't the kindest way for her to respond, though had an extra point to note. The little lad seeming confused as to why his temperamental master had even tried to even compete the task when she seemed so ill-suited to it, it was rather obvious to him that she was a duck out of water in that arena, and wondered if there was a deeper cause for it.

"I dunnoo… She can tend to be kinda stubborn?
If you leave her alone she might just stay grumpy?"

Further seeming to disagree that there was much wisdom in the notion of leaving her alone too long after something like this, despite having only known her a relatively brief spell Happy could tell that she was the sort to dwell on grudges and stew on situations, and guessed that her mood was likely to only get worse if she was afforded the freedom to do so…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#16Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Fri Jan 05, 2024 8:01 pm

Silver Fang
"I assume she wanted to learn how to do it. Which is fine, she did ask me to teach her, and I tried to do that. But it's clear she was getting annoyed with her failures in spite of her efforts. And with my little lecture on top of it all, I suppose it was the straw that broke the camel's back." He mused while picking at his food, occasionally taking a nibble, but more focused on the chat than eating his food at the moment.

He grunted hearing that she would only stay grumpy if he left, shaking his head at the thought.

"While I don't like the idea of leaving her mad, I'm not sure what I am supposed to do here. I'm not sorry for telling her to treat her tools better, so I won't apologize for that. If she wants me to say sorry for something specific, that's fine, as long as it makes sense. I am sorry for upsetting her, but not for what seems to be the reason she is upset." He noted simply, feeling bad for making her upset, but feeling perfectly justified in lecturing her. He hadn't even been particularly mean. He'd even tried to comfort her after the little lecture, trying to encourage her to keep going if she wanted to before she snapped at him.

Reaching into a pocket he pulled out a small bottle. At a glance it might have looked empty, but inside it contained a couple of familiar pink hair strands. It had been a good day when he'd gotten to fill this little bottle. But today was turning out to be really sour.

"What is she even mad about? She never even told me what I did wrong. Just called me a jerk and ran off..." He sighed, giving the little bottle a gloomy look before tucking it away in a pocket again. He left most of his filled bottles at home. But this was one he'd carried around since that night. It was a little embarrassing, but it had been comforting to keep on himself and remind him of her whenever she wasn't around. He could still so clearly recall the expression on her face when he'd dared her to give him a few of her lovely locks. And the night had only gotten better from there for the most part. Until they had partied so hard that they had no energy left in the end. Just taking Lola home to rest when she'd gotten sick.

#17Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Tue Jan 23, 2024 7:34 am

Lola

WORDS: 470 | Hard Days Work  

"Hmmm… Well, I suppose…
Women are just a mystery~?"

The brow of the small blue boy seeming to knot for a second as he searched for an answer for the questions which Fang had made of him, he did genuinely try to make an effort to give some pearl of wisdom or insight which might help his fish sharing friend understand the situation a bit better, though ultimately a combination of ignorance and general inexperience with these things left him to just offer something far less helpful with a shrug as he began to stuff his face with fish.
Those two getting all chummy. They're both jerks… Miss Skylark meanwhile not feeling too happy at all to be seeing the boys getting along so well when she was apparently left out in the cold either, those pale cheeks of hers seemed to puff out as she spied upon their conversation and tried to overhear what it was they were talking about, though increasingly found her efforts limited by a growing clamour in the opposite direction.

What’s that over there? People are pushing and shoving in line… The termagant temptress turning her head to see what was going on because of that and seeming to spy a disagreement and even some jostling seeming to break out toward the back of the row of figures who were waiting for their serving of lunch, now it was her turn to frown as she looked to see what had once been a rather orderly crew becoming increasingly unruly, and as such she stepped from her station to see what was going on.
“Hey! You'll get your turn, just wait in line!” Perhaps channelling some of the frustrations which the day and a particular personage whom she sometimes deemed her partner as she did so, the doe eyed doll certainly seemed rather discontent as she barked at the rousers of the rabble in annoyance and clapped her hands upon her hips, though what happened next was something she did not expect.

"Oh will we now…?
And tell me, little girl, just what do you and these cowards and traitors plan to do if we decide to just take the lot, hm?"

The vision of the vixen seeming to grow all the wider as she saw figures shove their way from the pack who looked like they were marred both by bandages and an even greater discontent than her own, burly figures in the remnants of armour with weapons at their sides seemed to push and shove their way past the gathered workmen and such who had been patiently waiting for sustenance, and then sneer at the little lady who seemed to try and impress a sense of order upon them. Which was ironic really, given they had at one time served as the so-called 'peacekeepers' of the realm…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#18Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Sat Jan 27, 2024 12:29 pm

Silver Fang
Fang tilted his head in response to Happy's words. "You're lucky you're a cat because that's a dangerous statement to make to any woman in my mind. Lola might be a mystery to me, but I'd never say any woman was quite like her." He noted with a little shrug. He might not understand what Lola was thinking now, but it wasn't as though he didn't know any other woman. His mother for one thing was nothing like Lola.

The girls in his village were also quite the mixed bunch. Again, nothing like Lola. Girls might be something of a mystery to him occasionally, but plenty he knew were even more strait forward than he was.

"You're lucky you're cute too. You could probably get away with it." He noted with some amusement, regarding just how cute the little blue fuzzball was.

But then he spotted trouble.

It seemed like perhaps Lola had caught the attention of some thugs. Whatever problem there might be between us, even if they stopped being friends, he'd not leave her to deal with danger alone.

He got up, and made his way quietly behind the group, making no hostile movements, but ready to act at a moments notice. If they tried to lay a hand on Lola, they would find their hand frozen well before their dirty hands could lay a finger on her perfect skin.

#19Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Wed Jan 31, 2024 11:01 am

Lola

WORDS: 410 | Hard Days Work

"Ahahaa? There isn't~?
Wow Fang, it sounds like you looooooove her!"

The best blue boy seeming to be far more focused upon the fish in his grasp and the conversation he had with the lupine lad than he was the commotion which their perky pinkette had drifted off to deal with, the corners of Happy's mouth seemed to curl as the young man with whom he was sharing dinner made a point of offering a somewhat unique compliment to the volatile vixen even in a situation such as this one, and couldn't help but begin to snicker as he teased him for such a saccharine sentiment. Not that he thought there wasn’t some truth to the matter, of course.

“Well, if you're looking for trouble, then there's something you should know…” The leggy lass meanwhile seeming to take the situation a little more seriously though perhaps the men involved in it less so, though it was certainly true that there was some menace in the weapons and the faces which carried them the worry of the people who looked their way was something she couldn't stand, and so she opted to say something to reassure them.
“Mages of Fairy Tail are always ready for a fight…!” For that reason the fuchsia fox raising her hand to show off the impish image which was emblazoned upon it for that reason, in all honesty after that pesky problem with the hammer and the disagreement which had followed Lola had found herself just itching to blow off a little steam, and while it was perhaps foolish to take bandits or remnants of the former army too lightly at the same time she wasn't about to let herself and the people here get pushed around either. I mean, she had some pride in her guild.

"Fairy Tail…?
You might be a mage, but over here, men are more than enough to deal with a little Fairy or two, if need be!"

Such esteem clearly something which was not shared by the figure at the head of this pack and the brute merely squinting at the brand she carried before scoffing at the threat she had made, with a shake of his head he drew upon the blade at his side and found the men with him following suit, and all too quickly did it seem that a conflict was inevitable. Especially with how he seemed to aim the tip at the girl who stood in the way, with the aim of intimidating her into submission…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#20Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:22 am

Silver Fang
Fang could not help but chuckle at the blue cat's parting words. Maybe he did love her. He had a bottle with a few of her hairs and he could still remember the taste of her lips on his, the way all those candy-flavored drinks made her taste so sugar-sweet.

Not to mention how far they had nearly gone that night if only she had not gotten sick. It stuck in the back of his mind like a ghost haunting him, what could have happened that night... But he supposed it was for the best it ended that way. As much as he'd wanted things to continue doing it drunk of their ass wasn't the way he would prefer to seal the deal. And right now he doubted that was even close to on her mind, especially not with these ruffians stepping up to cause problems.

"You best rethink that threat, sir. She's not the only fairy here, and you best not underestimate the power of such creatures either. Fairies may be a blessing or a curse. Fun, fickle, playful creatures. But vicious when they need to be. Or so stories would suggest." Fang noted with a smirk as crackling ice crawled up his arms, electrically charged ice covering his arms, ready to give these stupid men a good shock.

He'd not mind forgetting his sorrow for a bit either. He didn't need to blow off steam exactly. More like he needed to warm up from the cold shoulder that Lola had been giving her. Ironically her shoulder felt colder to him today than the ice coating his arms. But he supposed it was merely a chill he felt in the spiritual and emotional sense. After all, Lola was wind, not ice, but then, the wind could get quite cold up north. The wind could carry icy storms as surely as they could carry a summer breeze and cherry blossom leaves.

WC: 321/3,086

#21Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Thu Feb 01, 2024 1:58 pm

Lola

WORDS: 460 | Hard Days Work

Fang…! The appearance of her fluffy eared partner something which on any other day Miss Skylark might have welcomed or at the very least smiled about, after the disagreement which had occurred the usually perky pinkette couldn't help but feel as if she was thrown a little bit off-kilter by him stepping into the situation, and all too quickly did her focus seem to turn from these would-be ruffians and toward the lad and the lingering tension between them. Why did they have to fall out today of all days, eh?

"Another brat, huh? That's the best these fairies have to offer?
Let's show em what we think of their 'warriors' and their work, boys!"

The distraction of the doe eyed doll seeming to also afford the leader of these rabble rousers the chance to speak up and scoff at the latest of this war-torn village's defenders appearance, while his gaze seemed to narrow at the way in which Fang seemed to conjure first ice and then the crackle of electricity, clearly he fancied his chances when it was him and his cronies up against what looked to be a couple of kids from where he was standing. As such the man shaking his head and sneering before directing his underlings into action, he meanwhile seemed to take a wide swing with his sword to ensure that neither of the mages could draw too close to him without being left bloody, while his buddies set to work in all directions.

“H-Hey!” The very sight of the brutes drawing their weapons and swiping both to send the folk around them spilling and scattering and to make a mess of the area in general seeming to be enough to at least break the daze which Lola had been put into by Fang's reappearance, with the aid of a little gust she hopped a few paces backward to evade the attacks of the brigands leader, and then lifted her hands and began to make the air around her ripple as she turned her attention toward some of his goons.

“These people… Worked hard on that!” Taking a breath to steady herself as she did so but all too soon seeing that intervention was needed sooner rather than later, in a flash the fuchsia fox let loose a blast of air which she hoped would be none too damaging to either the townsfolk or their homes and the like, but still packed enough wallop to send anyone hit by it off their feet and onto the ground. It was little more than a warning shot really, though ultimately she would rather have to call upon something more ferocious in a moment or two than risk and innocent getting caught in the worst of her crossfire…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#22Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Fri Feb 02, 2024 11:50 pm

Silver Fang
Fang's eyes narrowed as the sword was drawn against him, stepping back to avoid the slash, but working on his spell as he stepped away. Taking a deep breath, before breathing out an electric-charged ice storm at the man swinging his sword.

The coldness of his breath combined with the electric charge would likely cause the man to freeze up, while his muscles were wildly jolted around by the electricity. It didn't seem like the man possessed any magic of his own, so Fang doubted the man would be able to resist it.

But after making his Shimmer Shock Breath, he made use of the crackling ice coating his arms and charged at one of the men with the leader trying to wreck the place. Ducking before stepping in with a gut punch, he delivered a Shatter Shock Strike right into the gut of the second man. The combination of strength and magic would no doubt leave the man breathless, not to mention the lightning-charged ice that would cover the man's chest for a moment before breaking away. It was like a hammer and a taser rolled into one move. Very good at disabling enemies and causing them great discomfort if they lacked a method of recourse.

Fang was ready to move at a moment's notice, keeping his arms wrapped in that crackling ice, ready to put down any guy that tried to come at him or cause more damage. Lola seemed to be handling herself just fine, so he didn't worry about her yet. He only wished he had slightly more precise magic. He could use most of his spells without much risk to the place, but it wasn't perfect. He didn't want to put a hole through a wall or something like that. And while these guys were being assholes he didn't think any of them needed to die. So best to just knock them out or trap them for someone else to take care of them.

WC: 329/3,415

#23Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:02 pm

Lola

WORDS: 500 | Hard Days Work

Whew, that's cleared the herd a little bit, now… Those doll-like doe eyes seeming to sharpen as she watched the bandits seemed to buckle and stumble about under the weight of the wind and the mismatched pieces of armour they wore, the corners of Miss Skylark's mouth curled upward as she watched the few innocents among the bunch use the opportunity to dart for cover and shelter, and then took a long and deep breath as she prepared her next attack.
“Wind Sylph's Barrage~!” The fearsome Fang effective when he was close but the fuchsia fox doing between when she had a bit of distance between herself and her enemies since her attacks needed a bit more 'wind up' to reach their fullest potential, she showed that with a few moments to collect herself and the supernatural force of the gales she commanded that she could be just as apt in battle as she belched out a volley of cannonball-like blasts of air from her mouth, which rocketed across the space which separated herself from her enemies as if someone had kicked a pitching machine into overdrive, and smashed against the brutes with a rather satisfying result.

Now who's afraid of fairies, hm~? A glimmer of enjoyment seeming to be clear within Lola's gaze as she watched her targets gurning and groaning as they were pelted by a hail of compressed air, while it was perhaps true that the nature of her element softened the impact a tad to take the sheer kinetic force carried by her shower of wind down a notch in terms of lethality, all the same these guys were gonna be left black and blue by the blasts, and a great many broken in spirit by the sheer futility of them trying to go up against spellcasting like this with only steel in hand. Though, not all seemed to surrender in the fact of such a dominating display, and instead only appeared incensed by it.

"Tch, you gaijin think you're the only ones with dirty tricks!
Let's see how frost and bad breath does against red hot lead!"

In many ways the man in charge of this rabble seeming to prove why he stood at the head of them as he seemed to keep his resolve better than the majority of his men, the click of his tongue and the cursing which followed it appeared a mere prelude to the horror he was willing to unleash to get what he wanted as he seemed to pull a battered looking pistol into hand and then point it toward the pink princess, either for the reason of seeing her as the bigger threat or shooting down the woman who had called him out. Either way the sudden reveal something which caught Miss Skylark off guard and balance, all she could do was draw upon another breath of air as her eyes widened, and she knew that even as swift and strong as she was she wasn't faster than bullets unfortunately…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

#24Silver Fang 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Sun Feb 04, 2024 2:18 pm

Silver Fang
What happened next was a blur of reaction and motion.

The moment that gun was out and lifting towards Lola, Fang was on the move. Fingers lifted to his temples as he stepped. Ice and lightning coated his arms and legs, using what could be considered his best spell at the moment. Snow Storm Infusion. Improving his reaction time, and enhancing his physical speed at the same time, he was off like lighting. Streaking and sliding across the floor, jumping and diving in front of the gun as it was pointed at Lola.

He didn't need to be faster than the bullet, just faster than the finger pulling the trigger while the man took aim. Desperate to put himself between Lola and the gun, his soul screaming to save her, uncaring for his own safety in the face of a threat to the girl he so dearly cared for. If anyone doubted that he'd die for that pink-haired woman, they were proven wrong in the next moment.

His back was to Lola, mid-air as the sound of a bullet being fired filled the room. Fang continued on, hitting the ground, and sliding. Was he okay? Had he been shot? It was hard to tell.

However aside from stopping Lola from being shot, he'd also yanked the gun from the thug's hand, leaving him unarmed, at least when it came to his gun.

Fang lay on the ground, he didn't get up. His tail didn't so much as twitch. Was he even breathing? If he had been shot, then where had the bullet hit?

To anyone who wasn't Fang, the answer wasn't immediately clear whether he was alive or dead. But one could hardly be blamed for thinking the unmoving wolf boy had taken a serious blow from the gun. The gunpowder from the shot still lingered in the air after all. Clearly, the trigger had been pulled. The damage was just yet unknown.

WC: 323/3,738

#25Lola 

From The Ashes [WOH Event - Fang] Empty Tue Feb 06, 2024 11:38 am

Lola

WORDS: 610 | Hard Days Work

“F-Fang…?” The crack of a gunshot seeming to be something so very, very loud and yet capable of instilling such quiet even in a situation such as this, not only did the villagers seem to stall in silence at the sound of that weapon going off but so too did the men who fought alongside the figure who fired her, but none among them was more dumbfounded than Lola in the aftermath. The lass left merely blinking as she looked toward the figure with whom she had arrived and only a short time earlier seemed to quarrel, it was a sound which not only seemed to shatter the mind of the fuchsia fae but with it her heart as well, and left her in a daze for a second as all and everyone gawped at what happened. Though, if one expected the sight to break her fighting spirit, they would be sorely mistaken.

“You…!” The act certainly seeming to wrench at the emotions of Miss Skylark for sure but in doing so draw out a darkness which was so very rarely seen, those deep and dark doe eyes seemed to bulge and almost glowed red with rage as she looked toward the bandit who had been responsible for what had happened, and then the rest as well with pure contempt to boot, and found the air and grass around her seeming to quiver as they did so. All concerned realising that they had likely made a terrible mistake in that moment but right now the furious fairy so consumed that she was only too happy to make them pay for that lesson even after the fact, a dead calm seemed to seize the environment for a second or at most two like the eye of the storm was bearing down upon them, and then the magenta mage let loose a blast which tore through them like they were no more than straw dolls.

“Annnnnaarrggghhhhh!!!!” The wind itself seeming to turn and twist like a corkscrew and drive forward with a force which any who knew Lola would think her incapable, that bright mane was no longer breezy as it's strands and twists seemed to thrash violently because of the blast of air which was unleashed, which seemed to send the leader of these brutes spiralling away from the scene as if he had been swept up by a falcon. The dastardly thug disappearing into the distance in fact and perhaps meeting his demise in doing so, with such a deed were what remained of his goons compelled to make a speedy and rather panicked exit as the once worried townsfolk saw the turn in the tide and reached for what tools they had at hand to drive them away, though frankly the fox was more interested in her friend at this point.

“Fang! Oh Fang…!” The lass left a little bit woozy by her display in fact but brushing such a fact off in favour of stumbling over to where the lad had fallen, it was hard to say whether she threw herself to her knees or tripped down onto them as she drew close but ultimately found herself tugging at him and clawing with her fingers, hoping to find either a sign of life or injury as she did so.
“Please… Please be okay! I-I…” Meanwhile the sheer emotion of the moment suddenly and sizeably seeming to overwhelm her, tears began to drip from her eyes and cheeks as she frantically tried to wake him while squeezing him close as well, and hoping to all the lucky stars she had that he would wake up and smile at her. Damn, had today been missing that smile…

Life is a lot more fun

When I Get My Way~!
- Lola Skylark

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum