Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Man into Machine [Event/Joya]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Professor Braun 

Man into Machine [Event/Joya] Empty Sat Mar 04, 2023 3:15 pm

Professor Braun

The authorities of Talaz Lagaar had allowed technological trade with the mainland on an unprecedented scale. Even the Professor hadn't antecipated something like this could ever happen, but when it did, he was ready, and he seized the opportunity. A technique freshly developed and perfected by him, one that no longer required chopping up a human body to transform them into Machias. Instead, he had found a way to not only transfer a person's mind into a Machias body, but better still... He could transfer their mind back to their original body. Talaz Lagaar needed helped to deal with the plague... But with these mechanical bodies, people could assist without being immediately ravaged by the disease. The professor had many years to put his theories to the test, and as cruel as it seemed to admit it, everything lined up perfectly. Had the plague hit just a few months earlier, and his techology wouldn't have been at a level of maturity that he'd have been allowed to do this. A few months too late, and the authorities would have wrested control of it from him.

"Good evening, everyone. First off, thank you for taking part in this study. Allow me to appaud your bravery for your willingness to undertake this procedure, and to personally assure you, your bodies will be carefully tended to until this crisis is deal with it.", his voice smooth, cool and collected, Professor Braun adjusted his glasses as he looked through many of the candidates him and his team had personally selected and enticed into partaking in the study, as well as a handful who'd come to seek to transition of their own voilition.

He looked left and right as the first few people laid down in perfectly arraged mattresses, where magically crafted helmets were placed over their heads. Powered by potent magic and artifice, these helmets were the key to transferring a person's body into a specifically crafted Machias body, tailored only for them. To guarantee the success of the transfer, Professor Braun had long discovered that the host body needed to perfectly accomodate the transferred consciousness. The slightest difference could result in the mind rejecting its new vessel, with only unpleasant outcomes that could come from it:

"Lay back and relax, and it'll be over before you know it. Once you wake up... A whole new you awaits you.", the man encouraged, a soft smile drawing on his face, yet one visibly tinged with antecipation. Only in his dreams had he imagined the massification of his mind transfer technique, and now here he was.

Indeed, this crisis had erupted at the perfect timing. Only a few weeks ago, Professor Braun had finally been able to finalize his revolutionary procedure, with a 100% success rate. No longer would any of his willing subjects had to worry about the chance of death. Sure, many bold few would have still jumped at the chance, but the chance of failure and inevitable death, no matter how slim, would inevitably turn off many candidates he could have learned much from. He'd started in Joya, a country many citizens dreamed of escaping from due to the nature of its oppression. He'd hoped to find many willing candidates among the people of Joya, and so far, the numbers hadn't disappointed him. Professor Braun adjusted his gloves, preparing to witness the realization of his dream.

Though he'd prioritize native Joyans for this iteration, far be it from him to turn away interesting candidates, even if they arrived at the last possible minute. After all, true scientist had to make the most of every opportunity.

Event Conditions

• Up to three candidates may be selected by Professor Braun in Joya.

• The candidates must be Humans, Elves, Half Elves or Dwarves.

• Professor Braun will prioritize candidates of Joyan ethnicity.

• After three candidates have been successfully uploaded into Temporary Machias bodies, he'll move his team elsewhere to seek out new candidates.

• People not selected by Professor Braun may be selected later in a different country.

• People selected may post an image for their appearance as a Machias. If no picture is submitted, it will be assumed that the Machia body matches the appearance of their face claim.

#2Primula 

Man into Machine [Event/Joya] Empty Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:26 am

Primula

Light footsteps resounded into the quarters where the professor and his team had been conducting the experiments. To others it might had been a peculiar sight to see a child entering a place like this, but she was no ordinary child either. No, she was one with quite the history, one that involved the very same Professor Braun that was present right now.

"Hakase!" Primula announced proudly as she saw the man at last, exclaiming happily. "Finally found you! Good thing my Language library includes Joyan."

She beamed him a sheepish smile and stopped in front of the man. "I received information that there is trouble afoot at home? I have been wanting to return to lend aid myself, but unfortunately, my body does not contain the correct hardware for combative purposes in case threats show up, therefore I was thinking of requesting an upgrade to my Offensive Assets, surely you could upgrade my frame to be compatible with these things?"

If only the world had known she was the 'living' example of the man's ingenuity, one of the very first test subjects of the doctor.

#3Diana Delgado 

Man into Machine [Event/Joya] Empty Wed Mar 08, 2023 3:55 pm

Diana Delgado

WORDS: ### | Casual Smarty

Man/Machine interface, facilitated by magic? The fuchsia fox found drifting a little from the speech she was given by the leader of this expeditionary experiment, Sophie Sequoia couldn't help but feel the back of her neck tickling and mind awash with the sheer possibility of the union presented before her, so much so that she had volunteered for this radical operation not only willingly, but to say eagerly would be quite the understatement to boot.
How could one not be fascinated by the union of science and spellcraft? The fair femme always the one who wanted to encroach upon the land of discovery and this no different in her eyes from the revelation of a forgotten tome or long lost tomb, there was nothing that said the research of a magical scholar needed to be restricted to the treatise and teachings of the greats of the past, and in fact such closed minded thinking was decidedly neglectful in her eyes.

“While I confess I have no personal stake in this Joyan expedition, I am never one who can resist the chance to reach greater understanding?” Innovation the lifeblood that any would-be enthusiast should have craved in her own not always humble opinion, the slender siren smiled as she approached the man who would pass judgement on her potential for conversation and chose the most honest approach she could, even if it did not seem to cast her in the most empathetic light.
“And, I'd be guilty if I didn't admit that I can hardly wait to test out the functionality of the form to its fullest either?” Certain that she would not fail to do what was right for that matter but hardly the sort who found it becoming to conceal the more selfish elements of her ambitions, the perky pinkette would have been quite the liar indeed if she had tried to claim her motivations were wholly altruistic, and left it up to the figure in command of the operation to decide whether her candour would be enough to convince him she was worthy of the opportunity. She thought herself so, of course, and would certainly give her all to support the project, but ultimately all she could do was offer her own integrity and hope it carried the weight necessary to carry her through…

Smart is the new Sexy

- Sophie Sequoia

credit to nat of adoxography.

#4Jin Tatsumi 

Man into Machine [Event/Joya] Empty Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:03 am

Jin Tatsumi
'My homeland needs me' Is what the man thought as he stepped toward the room with magic and machine coming together. He had traveled to other countries before and helped them, and now the land that he had grown in was calling to him. As a healer how could he turn away from such a thing?

"I'm here to help," Jin said as he entered the room and saw the beds with metal helmets ready to be worn. "I'm a traveling healer, and I can't let my own home country suffer if I can help in some way." He nodded to the professor and the other two that were already there. Now it was only a matter of waiting to see if he would be chosen for the procedure. He wasn't sure exactly what would come of it but the risk was more than worth it. The young paladin was never one to shy away from rash actions.

#5Professor Braun 

Man into Machine [Event/Joya] Empty Sat Mar 11, 2023 11:59 am

Professor Braun

Hmmm... The number of Joyan volunteers was honestly a little too lacking for the professor's tastes. As the man walked along the various matresses where his candidates had laid down, the mind transfer helmet and medical equipment firmly attached to their bodies, he couldn't help but wonder if Joya might not have been the ideal place to get started. As he cupped his chin, a familiar voice pulled him from his pondering:

"Ah, Primula...! Good to see you looking well. What brings you all the way out here to Joya?", Professor Braun rarely smiled, but even then, there was a clear measure of satisfaction as he came face to face with one of his earlier test subjects, a young woman who'd survived his procedure back when the chance of success was less than guaranteed like it is now. As he looked upon the girl, he stroked her hair with a warm tone, "Yes indeed, I suppose you've been long overdue for an upgrade hmm? Lay down, and get comfortable, I'll get to you in a minute."

The next candidate too got his attention all too easily... Not only was this woman one of the finest specimens she'd ever had the pleasure of laying his eyes upon. There was something about her that intrigued him. Almost instinctively, the man adjusted his glasses, pushing them up the bridge of his node and smiled, a smidge of his own scientific enthusiasm peering through. Unlike Primula, he'd never seen this woman before, nor was she of Joyan ethnicity. But her words resonated with him:

"And your curiosity shall be greatly rewarded, Miss...?", he asked, curious on the woman's name as he recognized a fellow scientist, silently wondering what the woman would think of the transformation once she undertook it, and feeling a nudging desire to talk about her impressions of it once the transformation was done, "Far be it from me to deny someone's scientific curiosity after all. Though I must insist... That you share your findings with me afterwards. I'm quite curious to hear what you make of it."

Feeling a sense of kinship with the woman, Professor Braun offered her a hand and then motioned Sophie towards one of the vacant beds, before turning his attention towards the last of his three last minute candidattes. He was... Exactly the kind of candidate he'd been looking for when he'd come here to Joya. A man of Joyan ethnicity, with a personal investment:

"Rest assured, this plague has yet to reach the lands of Joya.", spoke the professor, without the slightest sliver of doubt. Perhaps a little too eager as he greeted the man and motioned him towards the last of his three vacant beds. He had long perfected his procedure to the point people could undertake it without risking their lives... But he had yet to assess how well people of different ethnicities and races coped with a Machia bodies. Data collected from Jin would help him tremendously, and he could only hope for the young man's success, "Through with this body, you'd be able to survive it no matter what land it strikes next, and heal as many people as you can reach."

In the end, the man felt a measure of relief that he wouldn't have to choose between these three promising candidates, and spoke up, nodding at the nearest one of his assistants:

"Then... Shall we begin?", with these words, his crew activated the machinery on each of the mind transfer stations, and as a low, electrical hum filled the air, all the participants would feel a subtle jolt shooting through their bodies, an almost alien, out of body sensation as their very minds were gently coaxed from their bodies, "This might feel somewhat strange at first. But relax, and don't fight it. It'll be over shortly."

Event Information

• @Primula, @Sophia and @Jin Tatsumi have received the temporary Machias Modification!

• No more candidates may be selected in Joya.

• The professor will return shortly once he moves his operations to a different country.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum