Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lute Force [Quest: Atani]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Atani 

Lute Force [Quest: Atani] Empty Thu Mar 31, 2022 9:17 am

Atani

Atani thought she would simply take her jewels and be done with her work, but the bard had other ideas.

"Please, let me thank you with a song." Though the reclusive elf didn't like attention being drawn to her in such a manner, it would be rude to refuse that of someone who devoted his entire life to the love of music. Reluctantly, she accepted. The moment she did, Hayden beamed brightly.

"Wonderful!" he exclaimed. "Hmm... you seem like a lute type of elf. Just give me a moment." The bard slung a modestly sized bag off his shoulder and began to rummage through it. From what seemed to be a bottomless pit, Hayden began to pull out various instruments that could not physically fit within a normal bag of that size. Even with the magically enhanced capacity of the bag, however, he failed to produce the lute for her.

WC: 150/400 (20% WC Reduction, Guild Lvl. 3)

Lute Force [Quest: Atani] Lu7gGv2
#ff6666 - Fiorian #cc6666 - Elvarin #996666 - Val'Elvarin
#ffe666 - Fiorian #ccc666 - Elvarin #999966 - Val'Elvarin
#9b2222 - Sinese

#2Atani 

Atani

"That's strange," Hayden murmured, "I could have sworn it was in here... unless." The tips of his ears glowed red. "I can't believe I mistook my lute for my oud. What kind of bard am I?" He sighed and began to explain the situation in greater depth. "You see, most towns do not have as many resident bards as Myras..."

The unusually high volume of bards resulted in some encroaching on self-proclaimed 'territories.' Of course, with no legal contract to a venue, there was nothing stating that a location belonged to one bard or another, but it was usually met with mutual understanding. Hayden had claimed one of those venues for himself a while ago, but now his rivals were trying to force him away. He admitted that he gave up his lute (which he momentarily thought was his oud) as a peace offering of sorts, but the bards went back on their word.

WC: 150+154=304/400

#9b2222 - Sinese

#3Atani 

Atani

In fact, they didn't want any more instruments of Hayden's. They threatened to forcefully remove him from his spot. Violence was rather unusual for the bard stereotype, so Atani was quite surprised to hear of this. Hayden himself was peaceful and did not know how to properly fight. He knew that he could not hold his own against even one of them, much less the group of performers who threatened to all jump him at once. Hayden didn't even have to make his pitch for Atani to offer her help.

"Just tell me when they're supposed to show up and I'll be there." Hayden's eyes lit up. His relief was clear, but at the same time it seemed as if he did not want to be a burden. "Oh, thank you, but you don't have--"

"I'm an S-Ranked mage," she interjected. "I think I can handle a couple inexperienced bards."

WC: 304+150=454/400 [WC Met]

#9b2222 - Sinese

#4Atani 

Atani

"Wait, what?! And you helped me with finding my cittern?" He bowed. "You have my gratitude. I promise I will make it up to you."

He explained where and when he knew the group of bards would be. The plan was for Hayden not to show up as usual to give them the false confidence that their bullying had worked. It was Atani's job from there to somehow, through one way or another, get them to move venues permanently. Didn't seem too difficult a task.

The elf waited just as Hayden said and once they started their chorus, she called out taunts until they had enough-- she wasn't going to be the one to instigate the fight and get in trouble with the guards, because technically they weren't doing anything illegal here. Once they did stop their performance to rush at her, she kept the fight going until the guards arrived.

WC: 151

#9b2222 - Sinese

#5Atani 

Atani

Most of the fight was honestly her dodging their attacks rather than directly punching back. It was quite amusing. It wasn't her landed hits that angered them, it was the fact that the majority of their hits missed what they thought would've been an easy opponent-- a slim 5'5" elven woman. She didn't quite know what the stereotypes were in Fiore, but she gathered most expected the fair elven folk living among humans to be on the tamer side. Of course, Atani was mild tempered in nature, but they couldn't be more incorrect about her abilities.

In the end, there were plenty of witnesses to attest that she was not the one who threw the first punch. As the instigators of the fight, the lowly group of bards were banned from the venue leaving it all to Hayden. Having succeeded in her mission, she returned to Hayden, informed him of the results, and received the same reward as before.

WC: 159

#9b2222 - Sinese

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum