Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lacie Eventide 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Wed Oct 11, 2017 12:23 am

Lacie Eventide
You could describe Lacie as a person blinded by rage and jealousy at the moment. She had been locked up for her health by her own sister in the Headquarters of the Rune Knights in Era. She didn't know if they had forgotten to look her up after she was getting better but she was released. By far was she better, when she arrived her on Monday, she had immediately started coughing blood but for now the last two days that didn't happen and thus she would go on her quest to find and kill her sister. Something she couldn't speak out loud but with the Divine gone, she could think it and that was beautiful. She had not thought that after worshipping the Divine and the Illumin for something like twenty-one years this would be such a relieve for her. The idea that she could do whatever she wanted. She no longer had to proof herself nicely, not to protect the innocent, heal and support those in need. She could do whatever she wanted.

She would have laughed if that was appropriate but the mask she had worn before, she would have to hold on tightly now. She walked through Hargeon, trying to find any sign of her sister, but it was like they were passing each other with their backs towards, so they wouldn't see. Because she was sure Alice would be shocked to see her going about. She turned to look around to make sure her vision of passing Alice without noticing wasn't really true, but her sister wasn't there. She hadn't met any other person which such bright orange coloured hair as the twins and thus she was sure she would notice her sister immediately.

She sat herself on a chair with table belonging to one of the cafes surrounding the square. It might be a bit cold to sit outside with the wind gushing from the sea but she had to keep her eyes on each and everyone here. She ordered a cup of tea and a salad for lunch and waited, who knows patience might come in handy right now. Only problem was: Lacie didn't have that virtue.

#2Selena Maelstrom 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:19 am

Selena Maelstrom
Flash Back
"A-Are you sure Miss Maelstrom? Without informing the Lieutenant? Selena kept a stern face, biting the inside of her cheek to keep her calm. "For the last time, yes. If the Lieutenant Baskerville has a problem with it she can take it up with me." replied Selena, a flare in her eyes. It was almost a taunt, a reason for Alice to find her. Selena had not met her in weeks since they had arranged it and was becoming anxious to the extent she could barely eat. She only looked visibly healthy as the Slime took over her body to eat (much to the soul's dislike.). "But releasing her sister without her app-" The knight was interrupted as Selena got up abruptly, the taste of metal in her mouth as she had clamped her jaw too hard on her cheek. "Lacie Eventide is my family too so I have every bit of authority as Lieutenant Baskerville. I will not repeat myself. You are to release Lacie, and if her illness is so horrible prescribe her some medication. Weather she takes it or not is up to her discretion." Looking down on the Knight with an intense glare he knew not to retaliate. He simply nodded and left the café.

Present Time
Sighing Heavily and leaving the hair brush down on the dresser, Selena platted her hair into some loose braids before leaving the inn. To think it had been a three weeks since he spoke to the knight observing Lacie's recovery. Selena often thought about running into one of her cousins as she ambled around Hargeon but every day her hope slipped little by little of ever finding her remaining family. Taking a corner Selena saw the sign of the café she had been three weeks prior speaking to the knight about Lacie. Her eyes trailed down from the sign and lay upon a familiar head of red hair. Stopping suddenly she gazed at it. It was grayer than Selena remembered, more rough than how she kept it normally. Approaching the girl from behind Selena would speak. "Hello." Came a soft voice from behind Lacie. A weird feeling coursed inside Selena staring at her cousin as one question plagued Selena's mind, how would she react?

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] BLlZQ5m
#3Lacie Eventide 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:45 am

Lacie Eventide
Lacie waited for her lunch to be brought to her, first the tea was brought and she wrapped her hands around it to get a little warmer, she laughed at that idea with her stupid ice cold heart. But she didn't know what else to do, she was looking for her cousin after all. That's when she heard a soft hello behind her and a voice that she had heard before, quite recently if you considered the people she had seen the last couple of weeks: only the nurses. She jumped up and turned around to stare at her cousin. Selena absolutely didn't look very motivated but Lacie stared at her, narrowing her eyes, "What do you want, dear Knight, capture me for sitting outside in inappropriate times?" She said as a stupid remark, she moved the chair back to where she sat and sat down again, "Or would you like to go and have a cup of tea as well. You look like you need one as well."

The sarcasm was clearly heard in her voice. She wanted Alice not Selena who had pushed Alice to get her out of the room. She wanted to kill Alice, again and again and here was her second change, maybe the divine had not given it to her but the devil or whatever was good for this, had given her a better gift and if she had to get a punishment than it would be alright to have such a weak body. As if Selena had given her this idea, she coughed but there was no blood, so she was fine and she tooked a sip of her tea, staring with a smile and cold eyes towards Selena, "Or did you hope I was Alice?"

#4Selena Maelstrom 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:51 am

Selena Maelstrom
Lacie's sudden movement cause Selena to jump slightly as she placed her hand on her chest to stop her heart from flying out. Her shocked expression soon turned blank however once Lacie began to talk. The corners of Selena's mouth moved into a smile. "Why I'd love a cup." She'd reply moving to the other end of the table and sat down. Despite the obvious sarcasm Selena knew she held the power with this meet up. Lacie was at the disadvantage here no matter how she spun it. However what she did do was bring up the feeling in Selena's stomach once she mentioned Alice. Clearing her throat with a small *Ahem* Selena looked up to Lacie. "And why would I be looking for your sister when I spent so much time trying to get you released from that ward?" Selena said as a waitress came over to her. Selena quickly whispered her order to the girl before turning back to Lacie.

Selena looked at her cousin again, but this time no condescending smile nor with an air of superiority. She looked caring into her cousin's eyes wondering where it could have went wrong. "Funny you should mention Alice." Selena began now with a fond smile. "We found each other similar to this actually. I met her sitting at a café, although she was trying to steal of someone I think..." Since Selena had met Kon more and more memories were coming back to the mage, despite the Slime's best efforts. That being said it took nearly the full three weeks to even get that memory so it was indeed going to be a slow process. Looking around for the waitress for her order Selena decided to allow Lacie to ask her the question, to allow her to get ensnared in the topic of her release and sister. This would be the first step for Selena into Lacie's life. She only hoped she could help her like she had helped Alice all those months ago.

#5Lacie Eventide 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Wed Oct 11, 2017 10:38 am

Lacie Eventide
For god's sake didn't that girl listen? She and Selena were about the same age, didn't they play dolls together when they were just toddlers? Lacie couldn't care less so she didn't say anything about that, but her damned cousin sat in front of her on the table to order a cup of tea as well, which brought Lacie in a foul mood at all. She had tried her very best to avoid that issue but here she was, everything was going wrong again. Which sounded impossible in the ears of the redheaded girl. She looked away as if she was a stubborn teenager that didn't want to listen to her parent however, she couldn't help but shortly look at Selena when she coughed, obviously to try and get her attention. Which actually worked with her next words,

"Me? You bailed me? I thought you hated me, that was quite clear after all, you both do." But she was surprised maybe even flattered but she didn't want to fall for that but it was so easy for a girl or young woman that loved herself so much. She stared at Selena angrily because it was so easy to fall for that, "You must be a liar." as her sister was as well, she simply stared at her cousin but nothing changed and the comment was even ignored for Selena answered her question about her sister. Which made her curious, "What? Alice? Stealing? Is miss perfect, not that perfect?" her surprise was clearly visible. She really believed Alice was miss perfect so this news surprised her and even made her smile.

She sat there, holding on to her cup, wondering if Selena would tell her more, you could see how eager she was for information, she was leaning forward to hear about Selena and her twin sister, mostly why she was released as well as to why her sister was caught stealing, "Why would a Knight steal?" She murmered her thoughts out loud.

#6Selena Maelstrom 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:44 pm

Selena Maelstrom
Selena kept her smile on the inside. Even a stranger could see Lacie's utter disgust and it amused Selena. She was acting like some sort of mother figure for her cousin to scoff at. That annoyance soon turned to disbelief once Selena had mentioned how she had help Lacie unbeknownst to her. "I never said I hated you." Selena replied as calm as she could however her eyes had a sense of stern in them. She doubted she could ever hate someone, let alone her family, to the point of wanting to lock them up forever. The again Alice did and even though Selena had the full story she still couldn't bring herself to keep her locked up. "And why would I lie?
It'd be easier to just arrest you right now."
Remarked the knight casually with a shrug still thinking about what to do with Lacie.

Despite this inner monologue Lacie seemed to have fallen for the bait just as Selena had predicted, she was even asking questions about her sister. Selena found it somewhat predictable that Lacie wanted to hear all the bad things about her sister given what she was told about the "Angel" Lacie. Her eyes glowed with an admittedly eerie lust for the knowledge of this information as if this could condemn her sister to hell and raise herself back into gods good graces. Selena simply smiled and turned her head, looking around for her tea which came almost as soon as her neck had moved around. The tea was brought on a tray with a large place of biscuits and bread as well as many different condiments. It was clear that this platter was to share. Selena took her time preparing what was in front of her, as if to tease her cousin with the information she held. "What was I... Oh yes, Alice. Yeah she was a thief before I met her, but not a knight at the same time, obviously." Selena said in somewhat joking manner as she took a biscuit from the platter and dipped it in the tea. "She was a member of Phantom Lord, you know the dark guild? Although primarily she was a thief by profession." Selena said now placing the biscuit in her mouth. Now taking a large sip of tea she waited to hear Lacie's reply. To give too much away now would loose her interest. She had to keep her cousin captivated.

#7Lacie Eventide 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:56 am

Lacie Eventide
Selena now said she didn't say she hated Lacie, which only made her raise her eyebrow while looking at her cousin, "You don't have to say it. You both send me away four weeks ago. No one looked at me, I didn't exist, what do you want from me Selena?" She said, because she didn't trust any of her family members at this point and Alice shouldn't trust her as well, she was very good at that. The only reason why Lacie wanted her twin was changed, she no longer believed Alice was the devil, more like an angel that got everything and that was even worse. She clenched her fist to not even think about that, it made her so angry.

However Selena had a point about lying, she could arrest her and ruin her reputation as she was just sitting here, tea was brought and she stared at the biscuits, her salad was late but came soon so she didn't have to feel hungry from looking at her food. She was not really happy about all of this. Especially because Selena didn't say more about her not so perfect sister after all but when her cousin started to talk, she gripped the table very harshly, making her knuckles white. You had to be kidding of all guilds: Phantom Lord. She slowly nodded when Selena asked her if she knew the guild but pressed her lips tight as she was not going to say anything about it. Here she had tried to get into Phantom Lord, hence why she helped the man she met a couple of days ago. How.. why was this happening to her. It was as if she was walking after her sister every time, just because she was three minutes older or so!

She would never be a thief though, "Why a thief? I was sure your mother dropped her in an orphanage as she said something like that?" Than why steal, she was a deliquent afterall, and now look at her, being so special with her Lieutenant level, "But you don't know where she is right now, do you?"

#8Selena Maelstrom 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:33 am

Selena Maelstrom
"We may have sent you away but if you recall I wasn't myself." interrupted Selena. She was under the influence of the Slime soul last time they spoke so anything said by Selena's body was not directly what Selena wanted to say. Selena would ignore the other question for now, she wanted to answer it later so she could make sure she worded it to the best of her abilities since things were going slightly off track. Selena thought Lacie would have loved to hear what Alice was before meeting her, taking some sort of sadistic pleasure from that information, but the opposite occurred in front of Selena's eyes. Lacie's nostrils flared with anger as the table cloth moved somewhat. She was clearly annoyed about the information but the reason why escaped Selena. Lacie hardly wanted to join...? Before looking like she was dwelling on things too much, as soon as Lacie's salad came Selena would speak up. "I got these things to share with you. A salad won't fit you and you look far too skinny." Selena said with a soft smile. Although usually considered a compliment to most it almost came across as a warning. Lacie was indeed very skinny. Even over the few weeks since they had met she had lost more weight. Calling her skin and bones would be an accurate description of her cousin.

Once Lacie question Selena as to why Alice had become a thief she stopped sipping her tea, looking at her cousin with eyes of surprise. She placed the cup back on the saucer and placed her hands on her lap, in awe of the words Lacie spoke. She barely heard the snide comment afterwards. "Um.." Selena took a moment to full gather her thoughts. If things were going off the rails before, now they had derailed completely and was falling off the cliff. "I know she is in Hargeon, where exactly I'm not sure. You know as well as I how important she is now.
But we aren't here to talk about her."
Selena would say burying the urge to ask for her mother. Once she had met Kon memories of her parents flooded her mind and hearing some information on the otherwise dead subject made Selena's heart pound harder. "I'm here to talk about you, to you." Selena would say looking into Lacie's eyes. They were so much like Alice's but almost weaker, a more grayer shade. Selena Put her hands together under the table as she waited for a reply.

#9Lacie Eventide 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:19 pm

Lacie Eventide
Lacie didn't like to be interrupted, so she looked with a very annoyed face at Selena when she wasn't allowed to speak further. She had been a bit slow at that encounter so she had no idea really what her cousin meant, "Still Alice and you were not a very warm welcome before. You thought Alice was dead, didn't you say something like that or did Alice say that, yet I thought you were dead which explains I never came to look for you, but you also never came look for me." Weren't they friends when they were little so this was getting ridiculous, it was clearly Selena ought to be with Alice and not with her.

When she was angry she plunged her fork into the salad, hitting barely anything but the bottom of the plate and making a bit of noise, she simply put a few leaves in her mouth and a piece of tomato that she picked up with her fingers, she was so angry about the whole idea that Alice had been before her again. Phantom Lord! Why and how did she get there, she didn't understand anything at all. "Oh isn't that lovely, you do care. Great. I can eat damn well by myself Selena. I'm not thin, I'm ill, your nurses couldn't simply heal me otherwise I would have been fine weeks ago." She said too harsly and she actually felt guilty, after all the Rune Knight Healers tried their best, "Though I feel a little bit better." and she quickly grabbed a biscuit.

She thought something, Selena would only be here if she had no idea where Alice was, so that's why she taunted her. "Why call her important if we are not here to talk about her. Maybe I'm very interested in her." the last part she said in a mocking tone because she only was out to destroy Alice after everything she took from Lacie, "But fine, do tell me more about myself, I'm very curious if there is something I don't know yet." she continued in the same sort of tone, "Because what would you have that interest me?"

#10Selena Maelstrom 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:00 am

Selena Maelstrom
"I never came to look for either of you because I thought you both were dead!" Selena replied just as annoyed. Selena was tempted to repeat herself, that she wasn't fully aware of the situation in Era, but to do that would mean exposure. To allow Lacie to know of her amnesia, her new magic that would take control over her, it would ruin things later to come. Selena wasn't even comfortable telling Alice these things, so until her and Lacie became closer she wouldn't breathe a word of this. In the back of Selena's mind she giggled, this was an odd family, one thought the other was dead. If the situation wasn't becoming more and more serious Selena would have brought this up.

Still annoyed Lacie began to eat her Salad with a little too much gusto. Her fork scrapped across the bottom of the bowl which made a sound that cased Selena to cringe. Nail's on a chalk board would have sounded better to her. Lacie seemed to take Selena's warning with a little too much of her annoyance as she more or less scolded her for looking out for her cousin. She even had the nerve to bash on the nurses at the facility where she stayed. Selena was ready to retaliate but Lacie quickly grabbed a biscuit murmuring thanks. Well at least she wasn't be too difficult.

Lacie continued to talk. She seemed to have something figured out as Selena was buttering some bread. She once again asked for Alice in a tone that could only be designed to belittle Selena. She then went on to ask what Selena had that could interest her. Taking a bite out of the bread she just butter Selena swallowed and then began to speak. "A chance." She said simply. Now that the cards were on the table they both would know Lacie wanted some redemption, to get out of the Shadow of Lacie, to be free of the illness that plagued her. "If you want to do well, You'll need to meet me half way. You can try to do things on your own but that can only get you so far." Continued Selena. "If your willing to of course." Selena finished, now beginning to eat the res of her bread.

#11Lacie Eventide 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:40 am

Lacie Eventide
Lacie frowned, when did the rumours come that she was dead? She didn't really understand but than again, now that she thought about it. Her mother and other aunts died in an accident that she blamed on the devil, now she blamed it, if she really thought about it on the Divine. Making her go crazy was probably part of the whole progress and make her body weak: Lacie should have died and all that she could think about at this point was that the divine must love her sister, for the angelic version of the two of them that she made, "Where is my mother's diary?" she said out of nowhere, she had not even thought about it, it was very strange but she shrugged it away.

The biscuit tasted too good for her own liking but considering the way Alice looked like a model and shew as a plump little thing, she had to make sure she was eating the right sort of things. A flashback of Konstantin offering her a waffle showed up in her mind and the fact that she was one of the first people she met once she left Magnolia, it was annoying, as in that he was her twins boyfriend now. Ugh. But it wasn't something she could change now, she would have to behave to see what Selena would tell her as she munched on her salad and asked what for heaven's sake could interest her that Selena could offer her. All she wanted was to get rid of Alice and get a healthy body that didn't look like her sister, so who could offer that? There was no such thing.

She stopped eating when Selena answered, "A chance?" she said simply not understanding why she should be looking for one. "I don't think I understand what you mean." But her cousin was quick to explain, "A chance to do good? Do good for what? I'm not sure if I should be offended or if I simply do not understand what you mean? I do not intend any harm to anyone." she lied, no one would guess she would look for the person that simply went to look her up. "I came here because the nurses told me that maybe the fresh smell of the sea would do me well. They probably didn't expect it to be all busy here. But believe me I have no idea what I need a chance for, to get the Divine to love me again or my family? Because one of them I don't need and sorry if I'm rude to you but it's a bit weird to suddenly hang out with the freaks of my family. And don't be offended, I call myself a freak as well. I mean look at us, all thinking we died to stand and scream in a room at each other like the selfish little toddlers we were, so please enlighten me what you had in mind. Because I do not plan to become a Knight. I know I would never manage."

#12Selena Maelstrom 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:08 am

Selena Maelstrom
Selena looked up as Lacie asked about her mother's diary. It was most definitely out of the blue and caught Selena totally off guard. "I think its back at hq in era, in the evidence locker.
Why?"
Selena was skeptical to say the least. However if Lacie did not give an answer she wouldn't push things too far. Instead she continued her train of thought, now that it back on track.

As Lacie talked Seelna listened intently, taking a sip of tea every now and then. Placing the cup down Selena looked at Lacie again. "I told you already you only got out because of the strings I pulled. You are on your own and you cant survive like that. Have you anywhere to stay?
Have you any money to use? But other than that, are you really willing to just throw away your family bonds without a second thought? Just for some divine?"
Selena asked trying to keep her voice level. Her eyes was full of desperation. She just wanted a coherent family again. "And as I've said I can help you. I know people who can get you jobs, or get you reduced accommodation or whatever. It's not charity, it's getting you the help you need. And after this we need to get your meds, because I know you havent been taking them."

#13Lacie Eventide 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:36 am

Lacie Eventide
Her random thoughts had asked about her mother's diary but she waved it away when Selena tried to answer, she didn't speak until her cousin finished, "Never mind, it is not important right now. It randomly came up in my mind, I don't know why." Well she knew why, because she wanted to have it. It belonged to her and no one else, it was the last thing she had from her mother and she wanted to see what her mother wrote, she wanted to see that her mother was not the one that hated on her. She was not crazy, Alice had been and now she turned into some heavenly being and she wanted to make sure she was the perfect child. She needed to hold onto something from the past to keep sane but at the moment that wasn't availble so she should let it go and get this chance as Selena called it. It wasn't exactly what she wanted but she didn't care, she would just grab this opportunity and use it.

Selena told her again that it was her that got her out and Lacie shrugged, "They clearly forgot to mention that or if that was your intention, it worked." For she had just been released and thought everyone sort of forgotten her because of the issues here in Hargeon, which was clearly not that pressing anymore. "I stay at an inn around the corner. I still have some money and I manage to take some light jobs. It would be a lot easier if I had a body that functioned properly of course." She couldn't help but chuckle a little, "Sorry, I said it wrong. I throw out the Divine not my family. The Divine had proved me wrong. I mean that was kind of obvious so I rather lose that one but the intention I always had was to do good, so that never changed." which was another part lie, because she was done with doing good. That would only bring her more harm and it didn't give her anything as well, sure charity work didn't needed to be paid but she had always believed that the Divine would grant gifts to the people that did good, and she had for a long time and here she was having a body that would probably die in a matter of months.

"I appreciate very well that you want to take care of me, and I won't see it as charity but more like a lost cause. Even the best healers, your healers can't find what's wrong with me. I'm dying Selena, so meds don't work." She said straight to the point, of course she wasn't giving up she was far too prideful for that but for now, she could use this card to be the poor sad little Lacie everyone expected her to be or the princess as her sister had called it.

#14Selena Maelstrom 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:07 am

Selena Maelstrom
Selena had listened to Lacie all the while she was talking, eating the food that was laid out in front of them. As she chewed on her biscuits, and sipped her tea, she was sure she knew what Lacie wanted. Selena did not want to push her cousin as it would not accomplish anything.

"I understand Lacie. I hear you loud and clear. I won't push you, but just know that even if you don't believe it you'll always have someone to turn to in me."

The wind blew, blowing Selena's pale blue hair from her face. She seemed very serious yet her eyes were longing for something more, for a friend in her cousin, rather than an enemy like they were now. Selena only wished to unite her family even since before she had lost her memories but now it seemed she was accomplishing the complete opposite. Selena put the amount of money needed to pay for the food on the table plus a little extra.

"I'm going to go, if you need just send a letter to the knights and they can reach me. I'll see you Lacie."

Selena then got up and left.

exit

#15Lacie Eventide 

Bound by Family [Selena & Lacie | Private] Empty Thu Nov 02, 2017 4:22 pm

Lacie Eventide
Lacie nodded when Selena said a few things about being able to depend on her and she didn't want her cousin to know but it actually made her a sort of happy, but she quickly stuffed her mouth with food before turning to look back and eat a bit more, and chit chat in case Selena wanted that. She stared at the jewels that Selena put on the table and looked at her cousin as she told her that she was leaving but if she needed her that she could write a letter to the knights. She nodded, not entirely sure why she would but who knew what the future would hold. Which would perhaps change things in the future. She would say goodbye to Selena, order another drink before she would get up as well and paid the last of the jewels for the last cup of tea and waited for the waitress to take it before leaving as well.

She was not entirely sure what she should do with this information and if she should just stay in Hargeon while her cousin could sort of keep an eye on her. She shrugged it off for now, for it didn't matter. She needed to go on her business and make progress of what she officially wanted, if only Selena knew. Lacie bet she wouldn't have freed her in that case.

Exit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum