Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

I forgot my PARACHUT!!!! [Skald]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

I forgot my PARACHUT!!!! [Skald] Empty Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:54 pm

Ryuko

Space, the great beyond. The galaxy where stars twinkled in mischievous excitement as they knew no mortal could possibly ever dream of reaching them. But wait, what was that? Floating in the air high above Luluhawa island a tiny dot was seen among the almost cloudless sky.

Her hand eagerly reached high into the air, her wings beating wildly as she attempted to reach an even higher altitude. "Almost... Just you wait Papa... I'm going... TO GO EVEN HIGHER THAN YOU!"

With a powerful gust of her wings the dragonoid ascended beyond the shroud of clouds, hovering in the air above as she saw the sun rising in the distance. "HAHA! I did it Papa! Uncle Ryuujin! I MADE ONE BIG STEP FOR DRAGONKIN!"

Exclaiming with childish glee the lass found almost too late that her wings were starting to get tired, the mana that supported them rapidly drained and soon she started to realize the consequence. "Ah.... wait wait WAAAAAAAIT WHERE IS MY PARACHUT!!!!"

Finding herself rapidly plummeting back toward the surface the dragon girl cried out. "Our holy father, who soars in the mighty skies blessed are thy name--- I FORGOT THE REST JUST DON'T LET ME DIE!!!!"

And then came the gruesome moment. The moment where everything turned blank, and a splat turned into a splounge and darkness turned to blue... Did she just fall into the sea?

Pulling herself up toward the surface of the water the dragon girl groaned softly. "I swear if anyone saw that I'm gonna wish I went splat instead..."

Mumbling as she drifted to the shore the dragon girl attempted to take shelter behind one of the cliffs, using the rocky formation to hide herself as she muttered under her breath. "And now I'm drenched... What a way to travel to the great beyond... Galaxy dragon my ass..." The dragon girl bemoaned as she hung her undergarments onto the nearby rock and started to stir a small fire near them.

"The galaxy is up there, why in the world would a galaxy dragon not be able to get higher than some poopy clouds. I swear whoever invented the laws of gravity was a party-pooper."

#2Skald 

I forgot my PARACHUT!!!! [Skald] Empty Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:19 pm

Skald

Relaxation for Skald was something that didn’t come easy; spending her time away from her adopted guildhall and even further spending time from the land that she was suppose to be figuring out trade for in general wasn’t something that she’d done without some kind of mixed plan. She always had to be working in one way or another; but right now? All she was doing was laying on a beach chair, staring up at the stars and softly dozing. In and out from time to time.

The first measure of something being wrong was the wind, which rolled over her fur and made her blink blearily. Wind? The weather mages said that it wasn’t going to be windy until the next evening. Something she already had plans for. Bristling slightly and grumbling at the misinformation the fox rubbed at her eyes, slowly sitting up. The torches had gone out and the fires nearest her had sputtered into darkness.

What next was hearing the sound of someone yelling; the fox looked around in bewilderment and the following splash made her squint slightly to see the ocean plume in such a manner that made her realize.

Oh there’s a bunch of water rolling up towards her; sighing a bit she’d hop onto the chair and watch the water fill upthe space beneath it; causing the chair to bob a little before the water receded. Someone must of fell from very high to make a splash that big. It’s almost as though it was a comical effect for an anime or something. The fox gave a small shrug and looked about.

She didn’t see anyone in distress after the crash but she’d have to probably find if they were okay. From that high up the fox would likely wager they were at least winded from the fall and having to swim here. Poking around the hunter found a trail of footprints from the ocean towards the nearby rocky formations. They didn’t look like they were struggling and after a few moments the fox followed them.

A muffled voice caught her attention; her ears flicked and she’d round some of the rocks to find Ryuko. At first the fox wasn’t sure what she was seeing but opted instead not to draw attention to the display that was in front of her. Instead stepping back, averting her eyes and asking.

I wasn’t sure who it was that fell into the ocean, but I presume it was you? Are you all right?

It would be difficult to see in this that her cheeks were a bit rosey red; nudity wasn’t something that demi-humans were entirely unfamiliar with given that most of them often didn’t wear some kind of apparel for long periods unless it was very cold or way too bloody warm. Skald rubbed at her neck; trying not to stare at the dragonoid like being in front of her.

#3Ryuko 

I forgot my PARACHUT!!!! [Skald] Empty Wed Aug 16, 2023 4:53 pm

Ryuko

At least she was fortunate enough to end up falling into the sea, causing the only damage she suffered to be that toward her pride. She had just finished hanging her underwear on some nearby rocks while her fiery breath helped kindle the flames of the fire she had made. "And here I was hoping to someday accomplish something worthy of praise and admiration. Maybe even get some worshipping like my Papa or Uncle Ryujin." Yet as she had just bent over to check whether her top had dried already an unfamiliar voice called out to her.

That... was not the type of admiring or worshiping she was aiming for! Almost instantly her body jolted upright and at the same time she turned around toward the direction the voice came from. The Demi-human's presence clearly flustered her, as Ryuko's cheeks turned as red as her scales and her wings rapidly closed around her like a shell clamming itself shut to protect the pearl inside it, or were it pearls in this case?

The dragon girl couldn't help but find her embarrassment reaching peak levels, bits of flame erupting from her mouth as she attempted to calm herself down mentally. Don't torch this stranger, don't torch this stranger. It's not their fault they saw you naked and in such an embarrassing state as well! Not to mention, turning strangers into barbeque wasn't the most heroic thing in the book to do either..

Soon she raised a hand, a single finger pointing upwards as she made a light crescent motion with it, as if to tell them to TURN AROUND! "I-I'm alright... I can reassure you that any damage suffered was not physical in nature..."

As she stated that and waited for them to turn around properly she proceeded to pick up the finally dried pieces of clothing and ended up putting them on once more. A sheepish grin lingered on her lips as she unfurled her wings back to their usual length the dragon girl declared. "That was a first impression I hope you will quickly forget. My name is Ryuko, daughter of Shinryu, although our first meeting was a bit awkward I hope that it will become a pleasure to meet you nonetheless~"

And with that said she finished pulling on her gloves and boots and looking back at the sky. "Then again, I guess I shall count myself lucky that I fell into the ocean and not straight down onto the island. That would certainly have led to a way more painful crash. But for now, I'll refrain from doing anymore skyward ascensions. It's clear that whoever invented gravity decided to make it a mockery for a half-dragon to attempt to travel beyond the clouds..."

Pouting softly at the last bit it seemed she was clearly disappointed at the fact her earlier attempt had failed in such a glorious manner. But at least it had led her to meeting someone new~

#4Skald 

I forgot my PARACHUT!!!! [Skald] Empty Wed Aug 16, 2023 5:09 pm

Skald

She didn’t know who the person’s father was or whoever this Uncle Ryujin was; but they were probably people she had never met. Which was fine; it was actually probably for the best that she was talking in the way that they were. If they had been seriously hurt the fox would have had to use medical supplies; magic if she could find a healer or… Well there was a long list of things she could have done in order to help someone suffering from a fall of that height.

The flustered response of the dragonoid earned a quick response from the demi-human. Holding up either hand with the palms facing outward as though to suggest that it was all right she wasn’t here for that sort of thing. She had already been averting her eyes; but seeing that motion it was something unspoken and she’d turn about. Her seven tails flushing outwards as she did so; as though to give them a little more privacy and a little more time.

I can only imagine the height that you would have had to fall from to affect the wind or the water in such a manner Madam.

She was polite; quick on the uptake. A flick of the ear and a headtilt even though she wasn’t looking at them as they explained that they were fine and the only thing bruised was their pride. This individual must have been tough. But it was largely unheard of for too many to have dragonish appearances right?

Skald remained turned around; figuring that the other was probably fussing with their apparel and once they started talking she’d risk a glance behind her. To find yes they were dressed; their wings were unfurled and the fox would slowly turn about.

I was more concerned with your wellbeing than uh. That. It is good that you are unharmed.

Hearing the introduction skald paused; Shinryu? Like the dragon Shinryu? Dragon god? Or was there another Shinryu she wasn’t aware of? Skald slowly blinked and gave a halfbow.

My name is Skald. I come from the Ragnulf clan. Last of it’s line. Likewise Madam Ryuko. I’ll admit I didn’t have any first aid on me but… rarely does one come to these vacation spots expecting the worst.

Admittedly she would have used her vest to staunch any bleeding, her shirt for any slings or tourniquets… Her boots and pants could have been used for splints given the metal that lined some places in them and her belt would have made a good setting tool.

The sand or shallows would have yielded better results from a height that far up. Even the ocean can be unforgiving Ma’am. There are some ships you could take that could see you above the clouds if that’s your goal. Although for natural flight or magical, wouldn’t strengthening both body and mana pool suffice?

She’d tilt her head to one side, her hands resting humbly on her hips. The fox looked somewhat curious at the Dragonoid, inspecting them now that they weren’t… Well naked. Half human or not, other species often fascinated the folks that were more akin to beastmen.

If I may ask, where abouts are you from? And what brings you here?

#5Ryuko 

I forgot my PARACHUT!!!! [Skald] Empty Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:42 pm

Ryuko

The dragon girl lifted her gaze skyward for a moment, attempting to guess just how high she had reached before she went plummeting down toward the surface. "Hmm by my estimate I was a few meters above the cloudline." It was a matter of fact, as if she had not been bragging or being prideful about the detail, for she had considered flight a very normal thing for dragons to be capable of doing. She nodded her head firmly. "It would take more than crashing into an island to end my tale~ At the very least it would make for quite a tale to share with my father and Uncle Ryujin."

When Skald introduced herself she beamed a bright smile at the demi-human. "Nice to meet ya Skald~ if the introduction is anything to go by I presume you are from the chilly mountains of Iceberg?" Waiting for them to answer her, the question that followed made her ponder for just a moment. "I doubt that would be enough, it seems even with most of my power currently sealed away the highest altitude I could reach through magical means is maybe twenty-five, or perhaps up to thirty meters at best?"

She did wonder what the cause of such an effect could possibly have been but disregarded the thought instead when Skald inquired about where she came from. "The Divine realm! Or at least that is where my parents dwell~ I guess if we are to be more specific you could say that I am from Joya?" A light tilt of her head followed as she pondered about the answer a bit more after which she merely smiled. "The call for adventure~ The realm of mortals is filled with so many things still unfamiliar to me, and as such even the smallest opportunity to explore and discover more tends to get me excited~"

Indeed, for it was that adventure, the feeling of discovering new things and obtaining the experiences related to it that drove her to experience so many things, even if she had her fair share of problems to deal with when it came to finding these unfamiliar things, courtesy of her divine eye that liked to play up when she least wanted it to. But for now, she couldn't help but feel not even that would dampen her mood, at least not as much as plunging down into the ocean had done for her earlier!

#6Ryuko 

I forgot my PARACHUT!!!! [Skald] Empty Sat Aug 19, 2023 3:48 pm

Ryuko

However, it seemed time waited for nobody, and after a moment the dragon girl could hear a scream from further inland. Was it a threat? Maybe a villain seeking to cause harm? Of course she couldn't sit idle when she had been given the fortune of hearing the cry for help, and it was a cry that could be answered!

"I'm sorry Skald, but it seems something is going on further inlandwards! If you'll excuse me, I would like to check it out to make certain I can provide any aid!"

And with these words the dragon girl darted toward the path leading up, easily hopping along the outgrown rocks of the cliff till she was on top of the cliff. "Be seeing ya!" And then she dashed off on yet another unexpected adventure. What would she encounter this time? A dastardly villain? A hungry predator? So many possibilities, and so many adventures that would await her!

However, as she ran among the forest path she couldn't help but wonder if she would ever meet Skald again in the future. She genuinely hoped she would, but life had a certain way with meetings and encounters, so in the end all she could do was hope, hope for a future where she would meet the demi-human once more. And surely, if they wanted it as well, that future would someday become a reality for certain. She was totally sure of that!

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum