Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shady Business [RANK - C SOLO]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Zerutod 

Shady Business [RANK - C SOLO] Empty Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:09 am

Zerutod
Magnolia, a bustling town with streets brimming with life, stood as a haven for merchants and wanderers alike. Its picturesque buildings, reminiscent of a bygone era, lined the streets as if guarding the secrets of the past. At the heart of the town, the magnificent cathedral loomed, casting a shadow over the central path, paying homage to the town's deep-rooted history. In a secluded corner of Magnolia, tucked away from prying eyes, Barras, a shrewd merchant with a penchant for fine goods, awaited the arrival of a highly anticipated shipment. Rumors had spread through the town like wildfire - the goods were said to be of extraordinary quality, yet offered at a surprisingly low price. Such an enticing prospect intrigued Barras, but it also ignited his suspicions. Sitting in his dim-lit study, Barras considered his options. He knew that one wrong move could cost him everything, and he couldn't shake off the nagging feeling that there was more to this deal than met the eye. Determined not to leave anything to chance, he pondered the idea of hiring a Mage to collect the goods on his behalf, a master of their craft who could ensure its legitimacy. Just then, a figure burst through the door, their presence commanding attention.

It was Kazz, a young man with an air of arrogance and a reckless streak that often bordered on folly.  "Ah my boy, you wouldn't happen to be a mage looking for a job would you, if so I have a task for you," Kazz leaned casually against the wall, his eyes glinting with a mix of boredom and curiosity. "And what task might that be, old man?" Barras sighed, his fingers tapping anxiously on the desk. "There's a shipment coming in. High-quality goods at an unbelievably low price. I need you to collect them for me." Kazz straightened up, his interest piqued. "Why can't you fetch it yourself, old man? Can't handle a little adventure?" Barras shook his head, a deep furrow creasing his forehead. "I hold my life by a thread, young Mage. There's something fishy about this bargain, and it's not just the smell of the sea." Kazz smirked, his lips curling into a mischievous grin. "Well, isn't that what I'm here for?" As the conversation unfolded, an ethereal voice filled the room. Only Kazz could hear it, his constant companion in the form of Nensh, who offered wisdom and logic in juxtaposition to Kazz's impulsive nature. "Nensh," Kazz said, his gaze flickering to an empty space beside him. "What do you think?" Nensh materialized, her emerald eyes sparkling with wisdom. "Kazz, it is not the adventure that worries me, but the mystery shrouding this deal. We must tread carefully, always with caution." Kazz's impatience battled with his curiosity, a storm brewing within him. But underneath it all, a sense of duty flickered, reminding him of the greater cause he fought for. With determination and a hint of excitement dancing in his eyes, Kazz nodded. "Consider it done, old man."

The sun began to dip below the horizon as Kazz made his way through the bustling streets of Magnolia. The town's narrow alleys and bustling shops created a labyrinth of activity, where secrets could easily be hidden. As Kazz turned the corner into the dimly lit alley, his thoughts were interrupted by the sight of a small caravan ahead. Shady figures huddled around it, their silhouettes flickering in the fading light. Kazz's eyes narrowed as he recognized the merchant and his aide, surrounded by crates filled with gleaming ore. With a wary gaze, Kazz approached the duo, his senses on high alert. He could feel the tension in the air as the merchant's shifty eyes met his own. The unease was palpable, but Kazz's curiosity outweighed his caution. "Greetings, gentlemen," Kazz said, his voice tinged with a hint of skepticism. The merchant glanced nervously at his aide before finally summoning the courage to speak. "Ah, our esteemed client! We have the goods you requested, all here and accounted for." Kazz's eyes flickered over the crates, analyzing their contents. His instincts told him that something wasn't right, that these ores were more than they appeared to be. The Mage sensed deception lingering in the air, like a snake ready to strike. Setting aside his suspicions for the moment, Kazz reached into his pocket, retrieving the agreed-upon payment. The merchant's smile widened, a glimmer of greed shimmering in his eyes. But as Kazz extended his hand, something changed. "Wait!" the merchant exclaimed, his voice dripping with false concern. "We, uh, seem to have misplaced the key to the ultimate crate." Kazz arched an eyebrow, his patience wearing thin. "Misplaced? How convenient." A sudden tension crackled in the air, a sinister anticipation that set Kazz's nerves ablaze. The merchant's aide smirked, muscles coiling like a serpent ready to strike. His voice echoed through the dimly lit alley. "Change of plans, boy. We're not handing over those goods we're taking your Jewels and leaving you empty-handed." Kazz's eyes regarded the aide with a steely resolve as the tension between them grew thicker. "You'll regret that decision," Kazz retorted, his voice laced with a defiant edge. "I didn't come here to be pushed around."

Without warning, the aide lunged forward, his body a blur, as he aimed to take Kazz down with a swift punch. But Kazz was no easy prey. In an instant, his skin transformed, morphing into a slick, metallic sheen. The power of Greed surged through him, granting him enhanced speed and strength. With a mix of agility and precision, Kazz sidestepped the aide's attack, leaving him stumbling forward, temporarily off balance. Seizing the opportunity, Kazz struck back, his fingernails transformed into razor-sharp weapons, gleaming in the moonlight. The clash of metal against metal resonated through the alley as sparks flew, illuminating the fierce battle between Kazz and the aide. Each movement was a calculated dance of power and technique, their bodies twisting and contorting with lethal grace. As the fight intensified, Kazz's anger fueled his every move. His desire to break free from his family's curse surged within him, blending with his determination to overcome the obstacles in his path. But the aide was no pushover either, his combat training evident in every strike and block. Kazz launched himself at the aide, his attacks were as relentless as a storm. Blow after blow landed with precision, each strike chipping away at the aide's defenses. Sweat glistened on Kazz's brow, his breath coming in ragged gasps, but he pressed on, determined to claim victory. The alleyway echoed with the sounds of their clash, attracting the attention of nearby pedestrians who paused to watch the spectacle unfold. The audience held their breath, their eyes wide with awe and curiosity as two powerful forces collided. Yet, despite his bravado, Kazz couldn't ignore the voice within him, a voice that whispered caution and reminded him of the bigger picture. As the battle waged on, a realization dawned on him. Winning this fight wouldn't solve everything. It wouldn't bring him peace or break the curse his family had endured for generations. Pushing past his pride and anger, Kazz loosened his grip on the battle's frenzy and started to think. He adapted his fighting style, striking with precision and strategy instead of blind fury. The aide's attacks began to falter as Kazz took control of the rhythm and tempo of the battle. In the end, it was Kazz who delivered the final, decisive blow. His fist connected with the aide's jaw, sending him crashing to the ground, defeated and gasping for air. Kazz stood victorious, his chest heaving, and a newfound clarity settling within him.

Turning towards the merchant, who had been watching the battle unfold with wide eyes, Kazz's voice boomed with newfound confidence. "Give me what I paid for, or suffer the same fate as your lackey." Knowing he was beaten the Shady Merchant spills his guts and tells Kazz  All the ore was ill-gotten, stolen from unsuspecting victims, finding this out Kazz thought it better to let the Ruin Knights handle things from here but this left nothing for him to return to Barras. With a heavy heart, Kazz returned to the forge, his footsteps heavy with disappointment. Barras met him with a knowing look in his eyes. "You did what you could, lad," Barras said, his voice filled with sympathy. "It seems we've been duped. But for your efforts, I want you to keep these jewels. Consider it payment for your hard work." Kazz's eyes widened as he looked down at the stack of jewels in his hands. The weight of his failure was momentarily lifted, replaced by a glimmer of hope. Perhaps, amidst the disappointment, there remained a chance at redemption. And so, Kazz pocketed the jewels, their presence a reminder of the choices he had made. With newfound determination burning within him, he vowed to uncover the truth behind the stolen goods and ensure justice was served.

-THE END-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum