Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Storm at Midnight[SL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kazimir Seiryu 

Storm at Midnight[SL] Empty Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:25 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
Days passed by as the mage was picked apart by the members of the church. Is unhealing body was sliced and torn. The undead nature allowed him to suffer through. The mana-nullifying handcuffs kept him bound and powerless. And he was never one for much physical strength. Whatever he had was dampened by the cuffs as well.

Day in and day out he was left wallowing in his physical pain, and starvation.

“We so rarely get to test the limits of a vampire's thirst. You have curbed yours well. But let’s see when even your will breaks. Saint,” the bishop scuffed at the title. Kaz curled into the corner shaking from a week of hunger. His own flesh littered the ground from beatings. Anger seethed beneath his surface and poured out of his gaze.

No windows let it any sort of breeze. He sat on the cold floor and looked up seeing the face of his wife. If only he could call out to her. His hand reached and the image burst alongside that of his children.

His clan raced through his mind. Out there alone and separate. But they could stand on their own. Memories of his past haunted him. His clan's betrayal. Mankind that had stabbed him in the back. Left him for dead and took away his first happiness. Made an outcast until he found a new home.

#2Kazimir Seiryu 

Storm at Midnight[SL] Empty Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:26 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
Hatsu and Akira, his guides through the rune knights. They had trained him. Taught him to be vigilant. But even they distrusted the organization they worked for. And in the end…they vanished as well. Not a word. Just lost to the currents of time and fighting crime. His nephilim sister. Without her, he fought back the fate thrust upon them. Killed the seraphim. A hero who murdered angels.

Judina and the knights. His life was spent in helping people and protecting them. And then for her to die alone. The birth of the Pheonix. Shattered and scattered across the land. All the members had moved on or died. Kaz was one of the few that remained. But was it a curse instead?

The village that no one knew off. In the village, he slaughtered the men, in a war against the Knights. His own clan that he hunted down and killed. The ones he didn’t save. Time and time again, his life was plagued with wrath. Perhaps the Seraphim was right.

#3Kazimir Seiryu 

Storm at Midnight[SL] Empty Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:27 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
His life repeated over and over for the next week. Those he lost and those that suffered. His choices over and over again to help and over and over to be beaten down with regret and guilt. All of it sharpened into anger. Rage that swelled within him at the church, at the people around that continued to manipulate lives for their own gain.

Eventually, the physical pain subsided beneath the silent rage that grew. He could hear the calling of the wild. The roar of the celestial spirit. The seething energy of the dark dragon he fought. The blood of the seraphim that had once beat within him in veins.

His body slumped in the corner… how long had it been now…two weeks…three…more? His body was sunken. His heart was solemn and cold. He had tried to mediate. Try to curb his hunger but the thirst grew. Each hour he hungered for blood. It barely mattered anymore from where.

The gate slid open. A pair of clean boots strolled into the room, more than two arm lengths from Kaz’s frail body. The bishop stood, “still fighting the thirst huh? Impressive. But you will collapse like all the others. You will need to consume and it will drive you mad.”

#4Kazimir Seiryu 

Kazimir Seiryu
“You say…” Kaz tried to speak, but weariness gave him pause. “You say dark races are evil…how can they be any different if…if you…push them like…this.” Kaz tried to swallow but his mouth ran as dry as dirt.

“Its born in all of you,” the bishop rose Kaz’s face. The mages eyes were cold. But deep behind was still a flicker of flames. “Perhaps…more interesting than what happens to a vampire…would be knowing exactly how one has children and what they are capable of.” Before kaz’s could respond, his head dropped as the bishop let him go. He felt like he was screaming but his body just collapsed onto the ground.

“Rest well, Kazimir. We are still only at the beginning. Your torment will last for generations. Immortal.”

Kaz turned his head to face the man as he left. The sorcerer’s face was against the ground. His arm reached out. “I…will…kill you…all of…you” He tightened his fist and slammed it to the ground with the last bit of his energy.

A nudge moved the mage’s side. But his head didn’t turn. All around him was the vision of all those he had failed. All the ones that he had watched die, or were killed by others. All the lives that he too had taken. His body bumped again as something pressed against his side.

A claw rolled the mage over to his side. Before him was a vague outline of something. It glowed a dim light. “Kaz…you have to get up…there is still work to be done.”

#5Kazimir Seiryu 

Kazimir Seiryu
Kaz tried to reach his hand forward. But it barely rattled the shackles that bound him. “I was sent by the spirit world to find you. To guide you. It took some time. They have you well hidden. But my ability to free you is minimal. You’ll have to fight your way out.”

“Ughhh,” Kaz groaned nearly unable to form a word from starvation and torture. He wanted to say he was too weak. He couldn’t make it. But as his hand reached out, a bag was slipped into it. Inside was a liquid of blue and red swirls. As if he could see grace inside it.

“It’s…our only choice. Blood of a seraphim. Kept locked away here.” Kaz gripped the bag of blood. His head pounded. His vision shifted in and out. Fangs grew as if reaching out for a taste.

“Feel it…wrath,” the spirit spoke. And it was all the mage knew as he bit into the bag. The divine blood washed through his system. The life and color in his hair faded away as if washed out by white. The grace swirled in his body and spun in his eyes. He sucked the bag dry and let it drip onto his clothes as he held his head up, facing the ceiling. His fists clenched and the shackles broke a part.

His eyes opened…and there were no more remnants of his past around him. His eyes fell onto the room. Wind swirled around his body from the outside drafts. Water rained up from the ground around him. Shadows bevelled from the corners towards him, like the flow of the sea. The spirit conjured a pair of clothes for the mage, to replace the rags he had on now. Until he could find his gear.

#6Kazimir Seiryu 

Storm at Midnight[SL] Empty Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:28 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
“Thank you,” he spoke with a voice slightly deeper than his normal. He stretched and fixed his stare on the gate. The spirit stepped aside. Kaz rose his arms as darkness filled the room. A guard stepped in with instruments for torture and froze.

“Welcome back…how about we switch.” Kaz's voice came from the darkness. The guard’s eyes flashed wide, but Kaz was already at his throat. He squeezed until there was...a pop. The wind mage stepped into the hallway. Guards were stationed down the path. They all turned to face the mage.

“Kazimir…we are following orders.”

“How Amusing…you think there is still a part of me that cares.” He conjured a wind blade in each hand. The tips touched each wall. Kaz dashed forward and the blades of wind sheered through the guards. Only a thin line of red streaked down the walls as they all fell.

The mage took each step with ease as he made his way to the next floor. The door opened as darkness poured into the room. Cultists jumped up in fear. An alarm sounded off. Kaz wrapped his body in water as a spell bounced off him. He vanished into the darkness, just as the bishop arrived and staggered to a stop.

“Kazimir…how did you? Calm down…don’t do anything you’ll regret.”

#7Kazimir Seiryu 

Storm at Midnight[SL] Empty Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:29 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
“Regret. Fascinating. I regret not being there when the people I said I’d protect died. I regret not being able to stop people. I regret mercy. But I won’t live with regret any longer.” He dashed to one side and then the other, Each time, another cultist fell by a gust of wind. Mist flew into the darkness. His pocket dimension opened without saying a word, and Kaz drew forth his sword. The exceed snuck away, with a shiver of fear.

“You are a fool to think you can stop the church! A fool to think you can make a difference! What will you do Kazimir? Stand against the whole church. The thing that has kept this sick society together.”

“I will bring the light of truth to this world. Whether it wants it or not. We will be free from the veil cast over us. I’ve seen your god…and he cares nothing for you or anyone that has died for him, or been murdered in his name. I will free us from, the shackles of another world, and the ones you have put on us.”

More men died one by one as wind burst from the corners. The bishop stood in a dizzy trying to catch what angle it had come from.

“You should be pleased though. I’ve become the monster that you wanted. Now you will reap the benefits of your harvest,” Kaz stepped out of the shadows with a sword in hand. He only had an urge to kill them. An urge that was the same as he felt years ago. When he first unleashed the celestial spirits' anger, and then the wrath of the seraphim that changed him. “All my life I have been drawn to destruction. And I have run away from it time and time again. Feeling that it was the right thing to tame those urges. But…if it is rage that you seek in me…you have found it.” Kaz charged forward. His blade clashed with the bishop, pushing his feet backward. Kaz stared past the blade with a smile.

#8Kazimir Seiryu 

Storm at Midnight[SL] Empty Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:30 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
The bishop overpowered the wind mage and slung him back. Kaz floated backward and landed as the bishop charged. Kaz dashed from one side to the other. Evading the man’s attacks. Light magic filled the hall and pushed Kaz back, piercing his sides. They all served to slow down the mage and made his sword heavier to lift. The bishop tackled forward with a series of slashes. Kaz weathered the storm but was pushed into a corner. The bishop powered up a light beam to shoot through Kaz’s heart. The wind mage smiled and grabbed the bishop’s fist as it was about to fire. Burns littered Kaz’s body already from the light attacks before. This time, Kaz’s eye came to life. The bishop looked terrified. “Sorry. Did you forget? I took the eye of the beings you so dearly worship. Kaz ran a sword into the man’s body. Blood splashed onto the ground.

“You fought well Bishop. If I were slower you would have punched a hole through me.” The bishop took a last-ditch effort and drove a hammerfist into Kaz’s leg. The wind mage faltered and dropped his knee to the ground. Before the bishop could act, Kaz gripped the church leader's face. “Can you hear…the whisper of the wind calling,” small gusts danced around the bishop’s face before an explosion of wind ripped his head off. He ruffled the man’s clothes and pulled out a document, headed to the grand cathedral. “Gabriel…let’s meet soon”

#9Kazimir Seiryu 

Storm at Midnight[SL] Empty Wed Oct 19, 2022 8:31 pm

Kazimir Seiryu
Kaz stood. Darkness subsided. The wind mage strolled the halls with his sword skipping along the cold floor. Every person he saw in church garb was cut down. He sent Mist off to get the rest of the gear. The spirit guide trailed behind. Once at the main entrance, a final group stood in his way. His leg still ached from the hindering damage it took from the bishop’s blow. The burns still cindered on his flesh.

“All of you who serve in the Church of Cleansing,” His anger was quenched after killing the bishop and the immediate lackeys below. All these may be misguided. He wasn’t sure if he should let fate decide what happened to them, or if he should ensure it. “I’ve let fate decide long enough I think,” he took in a deep breath. The church order jumped to their feet. A dozen tornadoes crashed down on the church, tumbling down all the walls and roofing. Columns burst and screams echoed, only for a moment, until they were smashed away.

Kaz slashed a giant slab that fell toward him. It split in half and the wind mage flew through it. A church member followed behind. Kaz smiled and sent a funnel of wind to pummel him back into the pits of death with his fellow members.

All was rubble now. He didn’t feel a single stirring of life.

“What..ugh…what are we going to do now,” mist asked Kaz.

Kazimir turned to the exit. His hair was longer now that it had been uncut for weeks. His armor returned to his body. “We finish what we set out to do. Find this Seraphim. And possibly…take a step into a new world.”
1250+

Exit

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum