Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 10:14 am

Ryuko

Another day, another adventure. However, it appeared that this adventure would be of the different kind for Manzo as well. For today he was greet not by the obsidian haired elf, but the silver haired one, which suggested it was Lily, his apprentice who was the one in control currently. Seated on a bench near the plaza they were supposed to meet up at, the girl was cuddling her Exceed in her arms as if it was a plushie. Her chin gently resting on his head, right between his ears as she gazed up ahead.

"You seem quite pleased today Lady Lily." Nyancelot spoke, to which the elf smiled cheerfully in return and nodded her head slightly. "Mhmm~ It's the first time in a while that I get to have another adventure with Manzo-sensei, so of course I am both happy and excited."

Even if it was a simple protection duty of a store, the rumors she had heard of the last time Manzo went to protect a store did leave her both curious and hopeful about what type of adventure that would be awaiting them! Hopefully nothing as terrifying as a group of demons, that was just a grade above her expectations.

WC: 200/1500

#2Manzo 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 1:46 pm

Manzo

Another day another dollar, well something like that, with the current state of affairs in magnolia it seemed as though things would never settle down. Which just meant more money in the pockets of mages such as himself and his apprentice. It was odd to him that Lily had no recollection what exactly it was that went on that night in the magic shop, but all was well. She seemed to be full control now with no more signs of fracturing. Which was good, though it did cause Manzo to muse a bit on the psychology as well as magic at work.

It brough to mind what he knew from the Bosco psychologist Jung. Specifically his theory on the shadow and how it interacted with the world of the conscious and unconscious. The shadow is an archetype that consists of the sex and life instincts. The shadow exists as part of the unconscious mind and is composed of repressed ideas, weaknesses, desires, instincts, and shortcomings.

The shadow forms out of our attempts to adapt to cultural norms and expectations. It is this archetype that contains all of the things that are unacceptable not only to society, but also to one's own personal morals and values. It can include things such as envy, greed, prejudice, hate, and aggression.

Jung suggests that the shadow can appear in dreams or visions and may take a variety of forms. It might appear as a snake, a monster, a demon, a dragon, or some other dark, wild, or exotic figure. The figure in question here of course was Esperia, and her attachment to what her new self was, Lily. Though Manzo did find it quite odd, but not so odd, considering Esperia's dark past before returning to the path of good. It could not and would not be denied that some kind of psychology was at work here.

Psychology enveloped everyone and everything, because even the dullest of creature had a mind, which meant it had secrets it could unravel. Or be lost in, Lily was no different, in a much cruel sense he wondered if she was nothing more than a doll for Esperia's will, and the only reason Lily had any kind of individuality was due to the fact that Esperia was so fractured that a bit of her essence had rubbed off on her. The more kind and childlike essence. It wasn't impossible, in fact it made more sense that all that Esperia was, was trapped behind some kind of mental wall. A wall which only existed in the mind to protect Lily from harm.

Because even those who are reborn still hold to their former self. Even if it's a passive holding, it was irrefutable to say the least. But that would be a thought to discuss with Esperia, not with dear Lily. Which meant it was time for him to put his cigar out, and begin the treck of the day to the town square once again. He had someone waiting.

He mused on the idea that maybe she had not eaten breakfast yet, which would give him the opportunity to stop around some of the shops to see if he could procure them a bit of food before hand. After all it was the most important meal of the day, or something to that effect depending on who it was you asked at the time. Science in this age hadn't come that far yet, and probably wouldn't due to mans discovery of magic. Which he believed to be both a blessing and a curse. What a day for insight.

Manzo made his way down the street and popped into one of the pastries shops to see if they had anything suitable for the three of them to partake in. He thought that perhaps an egg tart for himself, an apple tart for Lily, and Loches on a bagel for ser Cat. That was surely something they could all enjoy. Though they would need something to wash it down with. He wondered if Exceeds much like cats were also lactose intolerant. Best to be on the safe side and not order him anything with milk inside of it. He'd had to upset Ser Cats stomach.

The woman at the bar finished taking one order and Manzo stepped up to the counter to place his. "Good morning Manzo, what can we get for you today?" She asked with a cheery disposition on her face. Manzo returned the look in kind and smile himself as he began to think about his order. "Good morning to you as well Sabrina, I'd like a couple things, hope that won't be too much a trouble for you." Sabrina reassured him that there would be no such troubles. Which Manzo nodded and was thankful to hear.

"Alright then, I will have one egg tart for myself. One Apple tart for Lily, and one seafood bagel for Ser Cat. We have a lot to do today and I think a full stomach would be just the push we need." He said with a smile as she took down the order. "Will you be needing anything to drink with that Manzo?" She asked with the voice of someone who truly cared about customer service. This question caused Manzo to pause for a moment. He had to seriously think about what it is everyone would want and what would complement the dishes he had ordered.

"Good question, for myself I think I'll just have a black coffee, for Lily milk tea with bubbles, and for ser cat, shrimp broth." He said with a self-assured smile on his face. Sabrina nodded and with that Manzo went to the end of the counter to wait patiently for his order, picking up a news paper to read as he did so. One thing caught his eye immediately, he and Esperia were in the paper for their defense of the local magic shop. Which was something you didn't see everyday, but then again they did fell quite the horde of demons in the process.

"Huh, local man tries to marry his pet wolf, how would that even work?" He asked himself quietly as he put down the paper, his order was up and he was more than excited to head over to the town square to share what he hoped would be a pleasant meal amongst comrades with everyone. He bragged the bag and a couple straws, drink trey in one hand as he used his backside to open the door to the shop and head down the street toward lily and ser Cat. Hopefully he hadn't made them wait too long for his arrival.

But in his mind the gift of food could mend all wounds, especially with a growing teenage girl inhabited by a witch, and an armor clad feline whose stomach knew no bounds. It was going to be perfect, he just knew it. On his way he passed by a few shops, seeing what looked like an accessory shop in the corner of his eye, he would walk over to it, and use one of his vines to open the door for himself and peek around for a moment.

He saw a beautiful hair pin that he knew Lily would be sure to love and he had to buy it, there was no other way around it. He walked over to the counter and used another of his vines to ring the bell to get the shop keeps attention. Moments later the shop keep would arrive and begin to speak to him about all the wonderful things he had in stock. "Oh sir I know she would love one of my designs." The shop keep exclaimed. Manzo had to agree, almost everything in here screamed Lily at him.

But there was one particular piece that he could not take his eye off of, it was a hair clip adorned with a jeweled rendition of the forget-me-not flower. The one from his vision during their trip to Joya. Something about this told him that he had to get this for her, it was something she must have. So that was the one, he proudly pointed out to that one with a smile on his face. "That's the one, I know she'll love it." He said with confidence, and like that it was bagged up and placed in his hand and out the door he went again.

This time there would no stopping him, he had so many gifts to give out now, so many memories to make with his little group. It was going to be something none of them would ever forget. Because while it was in his nature to be a lone wolf, even the most self-sufficient wolf needed a pack. He believed he had found his, upon approaching the bench where the other two members were sitting he called out to them. "Morning everyone, I come bearing gifts!" He said happily as he put everything he had with him on display for the two to see. Hoping they would love it, just as much as he loved them.

1540/2500

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] LGnxHvk
#3Ryuko 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:06 pm

Ryuko

Lily had gone quiet for a moment as she waited for Manzo to arrive, allowing her mind to drift off into its own adventure. Soon the girl found herself back in that mysterious realm, at first it looked like a throne room of sorts, a beautiful majestic crystal towered high above the throne, a crystal so huge she had never seen one of such massive size before.

And then there was 'her'. The obsidian haired witch was seated on the throne, one leg crossing over the other as she rested her chin on the arm that was supported by the throne's arm rest. "So finally you learned to traverse into your own soul~ I shouldn't have expected anything less from you~" The words sounded gentle and genuine, like a mother praising their child. "Esperia?" Lily called hesitatingly as she stepped along the red carpet leading closer to the woman. "Mhmm? What's the matter?" Esperia chimed softly, after which the elven maiden continued:

"Are you... a demon?" Hearing these words Esperia couldn't help but chuckle softly. "haha~ sorry my dear~ I didn't mean to ridicule your question, just it was such an unexpected deduction of you, that the line of reasoning must had gotten you lost~ I am not a demon."

The words reassured Lily, but it didn't solve the question yet of who, or what this woman truly was. "In simpler terms, I am the embodiment of a previous life you experienced. The 'you' from a different life." These words alarmed Lily who looked down at her own hands. "Then am I... a fake?" Esperia blinked in bewilderment, shaking her head lightly in return. "Nonsense, you might be born as a consequence of my actions, but as my reincarnation I do not consider you any less 'real' than myself. If anything, in a way I consider you a bit like my daughter~"

Lily couldn't help but smile briefly at these words, tears collecting in her eyes as she whispered softly. "Is there a way... to free you?" To which Esperia went silent for, her gaze lifting upward to the giant crystal floating overhead. "Let us talk about that another time Lily~ It seems Manzo has arrived, go on~ enjoy the day and the adventures it brings~"

At the same time these words were given to her Lily found herself back at the small plaza, hearing Manzo's voice as both she and Nyancelot lifted their heads to excitedly look up at the man. "Gifts!" Both exclaimed excitedly while Nyancelot sniffed the air lightly and proceeded to hum playfully in response. "Some good smelling ones as well~" Indeed, it seemed Manzo had drawn the attention of the two with quite a clever tactic. Rising up from the bench the Exceed bounced over to Manzo's feet, excitedly peeking around at the bottom of the bag while Lily approached Manzo and greet him with that gentle and innocent smile that seemed like a trademark of hers.

"Morning sensei!" She exclaimed happily.

WC: 500
Total WC: 700/1500

#4Manzo 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:34 pm

Manzo

"Good morning all!" Manzo said cheerily as he was known to do these days. Seeing the looks on their faces, the look of excitement and anticipation. Something he relished in. He loved bringing joy to others even if it was something so simple as bringing food. It was the spirit of it all, the spirit of unity, which was something you could never put a price on, and if you tried, you find you hadn't the funds for it. Because people cannot be bought, they can only be brought together with a shared love of being with one another, they clearly had that.

"Alright lets start giving these out, now now who to start with." He mused teasingly before reaching around in the bag jokingly with one of his vines, wanting to increase the suspense of the situation. But only for the large pay off of the joy it would bring. After a while of that he pulled out the apple tart for Lily. "I figured you'd like something sweet, this should do the trick I think." He said with a smile as he handed it to her gently. "Oh I almost forgot you're gonna need something to wash that down with!" He said feigning like he forgot to get her a drink, only because a particularly pesky vine was hiding it behind his back.

But he quickly commanded the vine to hand her the milk tea he had ordered special for her. Now it was on to Ser Cat. His love of sea food knew no bounds. So he knew that his meal would be especially appreciated for sure. So he dispensed his as well to him, not wanting him to think he had forgotten him. Which couldn't be further from the truth at all. "A sea food bagel and a cup of shrimp broth for you my feline friend." He said patting him on the head as he placed it in his eager little paws.

"Well that's almost everything, I have the other surprise for Lily saved for later, until then, let's just eat and enjoy this lovely day together. The job might get risky, so let's have some nice quality time together." Manzo said as he sat down on the bench beside the other two and began to eat his food as well. It was a delicious egg tart, and black coffee to cut through the richness.

1947/2500

#5Ryuko 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:43 pm

Ryuko

Lily's eyes widened in surprise when Manzo revealed the surprises he had brought along. "I love apples!" Lily exclaimed happily. It was true, apples were her favorite fruit, some apple tards scored quite high in pastries that she enjoyed eating. And the milk tea would certainly help it all settle down afterwards! Meanwhile Nyancelot chimed happily in response: "Sea food and shrimp broth? If I didn't know better, I'd say you are trying to make me swoon ser Manzo~" The Exceed hummed playfully as he thanked Manzo for the gift. Meanwhile as they all started eating together Lily was clearly in a delightful mood while Nyancelot mirrored her enthusiasm.

Meanwhile Esperia was observing the small gathering with a content smile on her lips. These peaceful days, scenes like this had made all her effort worthwhile. It reminded her that her hard work, endeavors and sacrifices were not made for nothing. If she could see pleasant scenes like this, then perhaps dying had been worth it...

As she faded back into the subconscious of the girl Lily turned her gaze toward Manzo and smiled sheepishly at him. "Indeed~ but I'm certain that we'll be able to handle whatever is thrown our way~ Especially on a wonderful day like this!"

Indeed, the girl was truly in high spirits~ Although she couldn't help but muse softly. "I do wonder what type of surprise you still have in store for me~" Lily inquired with a smile, pondering just what the man had been planning. Whatever he had in store, it was surely going to be something wonderful. Yet as she pondered those things a trio of rough looking thugs approached them, one of them addressing their leader. "Say boss, isn't that the little elf girl who messed up our burglar attempt last time?"

Seems trouble had already reached them before the job!

WC: 300
Total WC: 1000/1500

#6Manzo 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 3:53 pm

Manzo

It seemed the moment they were sharing was brought to an end. Which was unfortunate, he had really hoped they would enjoy the moment they were spending together. But at the end of it all, he would make sure this wasn't the last one they got to share together. "Well it was fun while it lasted." Manzo said as he stood up from his spot placing his items down gently as he looked over to the group. "If you value your lives, you'll walk away right now." He said with a commanding tone in his voice. It was one he had been practicing for when time came to take the job from Alisa.

While it seemed to be far off, he never knew what life would throw his way at this point. But he was ready for anything or anyone. Especially now that he had someone he had to protect all costs. Even if she didn't know it, Lily was teaching him as much as he was teaching her. Though he knew in her mind He had seen so much that he didn't have anything left to learn, while that was true in some regards, not all.

2148/2500

#7Ryuko 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:05 pm

Ryuko

the thugs laughed in amusement at Manzo's taunt, yet it was a ridiculing that wouldn't go unpunished for sure. Manzo would no doubt notice it, the faint golden sparks that erupted around Lily's body as she glared at the thugs. Even they, despite their dumbfound expressions could notice something was off when the girl tossed the paper wrapping of her pastry at such a speed toward one of the thugs it functioned as a makeshift projectile that send one of the thugs reeling backwards onto the ground!

"Don't... you dare ridiculing my sensei." She muttered in annoyance as Nyancelot had already hopped off the bench and started to unsheathe his sword. "Why don't we dispose of the trash so we can enjoy the pleasantries once more Ser Manzo?" Despite the cheerfulness in his voice, there was clearly a demonic glint in his eyes, as if he was not joking in the slightest about the disposing or trash parts!

WC: 150
Total WC: 1150/1500

#8Manzo 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:13 pm

Manzo

"Alright, triangle formation." Manzo yelled as he took up the front of the group, grabbing the first thug by his face and forcing him to the ground head first, an audible crack from him hitting the ground. Enough of a shock wave coming from his assault caused the ground to quake underneath the now lifeless body of the thug in question. The blood that ran from the crater pooled around the feet of his comrades. "Lily, now." Manzo commanded as he began to dismantle others. Taking one of them by the throat with his vines, applying pressure in order to suffocate him while a vine sprung from the ground to bind the feet of the others.

One down, four in the snare, and one in his clutches, there was thankfully enough to go around for everyone. Which was good, as Manzo's appetite for violence was about as strong as he appetite for actual food. He looked into the eyes of the man in his clutches, his eyes going from yellow to red, and the pupil shifting to that of a reptile. He had no clue that he stepped into the lair of the dragon. This dragon, was not one for mincing words or actions, he attacked his opponents with the ferocity and force of a Venus fly trap. Meaning once you were in his grasp, there was no escape, and now he and everyone else would feel that reality deep in their souls.

"You doing okay over there Lily?" He asked.

2399/2500

#9Ryuko 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:42 pm

Ryuko

When Manzo called out to her, the thug that had been restrained by Manzo and received the paper wrappings projectile would soon notice the girl had disappeared from his sight, indeed the girl sitting on the bench seemingly had been an after-image that had faded away while the girl could be seen launching a sweeping kick of her leg toward the back of the man's head, causing him to collapse on the ground with a loud smack. Meanwhile Nyancelot had seemingly chosen his brand of punishment, having started to repeatedly poke the thug with the tip of his blade. "We were enjoying our peaceful breakfast, and then you barbarians ended up disrupting us! Downright rude, did they not teach you any manners in the backalleys?!"

Another jab and another jab had turned the poor thug into a bleeding shish kebab while in the distance the Rune Knights could be seen approaching the violent scene.

Fortunately for them the elderly shop keeper from before had been accompanying the knights, meaning their usage of ahem, convincing violence was more than willing to be overlooked this time. In fact, moments after the remaining thugs were being dragged off, Lily had turned back to normal and could be seen sipping from her tea as if nothing had even happened! Meanwhile Nyancelot was already marching back to the bench to enjoy sampling some more of his sea food baggel!

"Hurry sensei~ Your food is getting cold~" Lily called out to Manzo as the elderly lady that was accompanying the knights gave Manzo a knowing thumbs-up and a grin, clearly understanding the situation he was in right now. "Ne~ Sensei, I was able to talk to Esperia today." The girl admitted with a sheepish smile. "She seems like a nice person~ Mysterious but still nice. But for some reason I couldn't help but feel like there was something she wasn't telling me... And there was this big crystal behind her!"

Mysterious for sure... but perhaps it was information Manzo would be able to put to good use down the line. For example what was the involvement of that mysterious crystal?

WC: 350
Total WC: 1500/1500

#10Manzo 

Shopping Crisis [S-rank NQ: Manzo] Empty Thu Sep 29, 2022 4:48 pm

Manzo

Now that everyone had been taken away by the knights, a few of them in body bags, the days peace could continue which was good as he did not like having their little picnic interrupted by trash such as them. But thankfully that was all over now. Manzo then took his seat beside Lily and began to continue eating. But she would then say something that caused him to pause for a moment. She had divulged that she had been able to enter the throne world inside of her soul. No small feat to be sure, but it was a bit concerned that she mentioned a crystal. The crystal was of course the casket that kept Esperia inside of Lily, and if something were to happen to that crystal, well, there would be much work to do in order to keep the both of them stable. But that was for another time.

"Esperia is a bit of a mystery at times." He said with a smile as the day together resumed.

2500/2500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum