Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brone against the Underwhelming Champion (Solo Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Brone Heavyaxe 

Brone against the Underwhelming Champion (Solo Quest) Empty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:13 am

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone Heavyaxe met up with his client, Tyler, at a tavern. They didn't begin to speak until they had a drink; ale for the dwarf, and sparkling water for the boy, "The quest posted was a tad vague, lad, could you give me a bit more information?" he asked as they both had taken a seat at a table by the wall.

"The Boxing Ring, have you heard of it?" the boy seemed a bit excited, to the point he had not touched his drink for some time.

"Aye, was thinking about taking a look into it" Brone took a swig from his mug.

"The new champion is an annoying cheat, and no one seems to be able to defeat him, I was hoping a mage would be able to use some fancy magic to defeat him and take the title away from him" the boy looked determined, nearly jumping up to his feet.

"Don't have any magic, kid" Brone simply said.

"What!? But, you're from a Wizard's Guild"

"Relax, lad, I can still complete the job, put that annoying guy right on his tush" he gave a smile to Tyler which gave him some assurance, though truthfully, Tyler wondered if a magicless guild member would be any different than the other failed combatants.

#2Brone Heavyaxe 

Brone against the Underwhelming Champion (Solo Quest) Empty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:24 am

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone wasn't sure how to go about signing up for the Boxing Arena, so Tyler managed to assist him by speaking to one of the self-made officials, though this was simply an organized street fighting ring.

"You're not going to where the armor or use the weapons you had earlier?" Tyler seemed worried as he looked up the dwarf who wore only his casual clothing, a white linen shirt and brown pants, he had tied up his white hair while doing quick stretches.

'That ain't gonna be fair if I brought them, lad, don't ye worry, I can handle myself" Brone chuckle. Though when Tyler tried to explain about how powerful and dangerous Rodric, the current champion, was, the dwarf shooed him away or just simply didn't listen.

The crowd gathered within a small town square that was hidden within a connection of alleyways, an easy to miss spot. The middle of the crowd was wide and open, enough to resemble a boxing ring and in the center was Rodric as Tyler had pointed out.

"Next up against the current champion!" the announcer called out, catching the crowd's attention, "Brone Heavyaxe!" An applause echoed through out the area, Brone raised a fist, trying to entice the crowd as he walked into the ring.

The black haired champion laughed as he saw his opponent, "Isn't there a height requirement?" he joked about the dwarf's height.

"Not needed if I can mop the floor with that ugly mug of yers" Brone retorted while cracking his knuckles.

"I'll end this in 60 seconds" Rodric chuckled as he took a fighting stance.

"I guess we'll see then" Brone took a fighting stance too.

#3Brone Heavyaxe 

Brone against the Underwhelming Champion (Solo Quest) Empty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:33 am

Brone Heavyaxe
Someone rang a dinner bell and the match began. The two of them crept closer to one another while hold up their fists, anticipating the other. Brone was smiling the entire time, confident he would be able to take the cocky champion out without much of a sweat. Rodric then made his first move and swung. The dwarf managed to dodge out the way, waiting for the first attack.

Even though Brone managed to dodge the attack, the air pressure from the punch was so powerful, it furrowed the dwarf's eyebrows and nearly forced him to blink. Brone jumped back to take distance. His smile was gone, realizing what the boy had said earlier may not have been an exaggeration; Tyler mentioned that Rodric had a lot of power behind his punch, enough to shatter stone, and from feeling that air pressure, the dwarf can say that the champion may be able to do such a thing.

Seeing Brone's expression, Rodric bared his teeth with a smile, "Saw the future of your defeat?" he joked as he continued to move closer.

"Nah, just don't like yer breath is all" Brone joked but his smile didn't return, he wasn't sure if he would be able to withstand more than one punch if they landed, he knew he had to make sure to avoid those fists as much as possible.

Rodric moved in and threw punch after punch and Brone managed to dodge, weave and duck out of the way. A bead of sweat began to form on his brow, not from tiring out, but from worry.

#4Brone Heavyaxe 

Brone against the Underwhelming Champion (Solo Quest) Empty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:43 am

Brone Heavyaxe
"Sorry, lad, 60 seconds are pretty much up" Brone taunted, he then looked out into the crowd and noticed a middle-aged man holding up a pocket watch, smiling and raising a thumbs up, to which the onlooking crowd then cheered. The dwarf laughed to which Rodric grew irritated.

"I guess I'll be finishing this" He changed his fighting stance, extending his left leg more forward. From what Brone could tell, the next move was possibly the secret technique he had heard about from Tyler and judging by the footing, the next attack was a single attack. Though with more power, the more dangerous, but that meant there was possibly an opening. During the fight, Brone could see that Rodric was slow, most of Brone's opponents had landed attacks on him by the first ten seconds, the fact that this champion wasn't able to lay a finger on him yet meant his speed was his greatest weakness, now the dwarf needed to take advantage of this. So he waited.

The moment Rodric kicked off, he threw a powerful hook, even though the hook was barely in mid-swing, he could feel the intensity, the air around the area seem to have been thickened. Brone lunged out of the way just in time as the punch swung downward and collided with the floor, cracking the cobblestone and surprising the dwarf.

Surprise or not, Brone slammed a fist into the back of the champion's shin, feeling a bone crack. Rodric fell to one knee, he tried to get back up, trying to turn around, but before he could, Brone delivered another punch to the back of Rodric's shoulder with enough force to knock him out.

The silence was broken by erupting cheers.

#5Brone Heavyaxe 

Brone against the Underwhelming Champion (Solo Quest) Empty Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:51 am

Brone Heavyaxe
Rodric collapsed, face first, though because he wasn't able to stand back up from his kneeling position, his upper body laid upon the cobblestone while his rear end stuck up into the air; onlookers laughed.

"The winner! Brone Heavyaxe!" The announcer called and the cheers refreshed. The dwarf raised his hands in victory, "The new champion!" The announcer handed a golden, thick belt to the dwarf along with a bag of jewels.

"Ah!" he called out loudly with his dwarven voice, catching the attention of everyone, "I'm forfeiting the title to the champion prior to this knucklehead" he gestured to Rodric, then handed the belt back to the announcer before walking out of the ring.

The cheers became faint as the dwarf started making his way towards the tavern for a drink. Tyler caught up to him, "Thank you, dwarf, I'm sorry I doubted you" he was teary-eyed.

"You didn't doubt my guild" he gave the kid a smile before they departed from one another.

"Hope to see you again" he whispered as he watched the dwarf leave.

Total Word count: 1,242

[Exit]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum