Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Brone Heavyaxe 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo Quest] Empty Wed Feb 02, 2022 8:40 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Though the day was done, and the bustle of the docks had dispersed, the view of the setting sun was a beautiful sight and Brone Heavyaxe was enjoying it on his afternoon walk. He would normally take his walks during the day, but late night training with his friend Yuurei the night prior had worn him out to the point he wake up discovering he slept the day away. He didn't complain, nor did he regret it, for the quieter afternoon was enjoyable. Since the evening was encroaching quickly, the dwarf figured he would head back home, though he hesitated with the thought. There was nothing for him to do at home and he had slept all morning.

Before Brone could make a decision, the sound of rushing footsteps caught his attention. A young man donning official attire was running towards his direction, all the while looking at a parchment he was holding up to his face, "Woah there, lad! You can hurt yourself not looking out where you're headed" the dwarf caught the young man by the belt and stopped him in his tracks.

"I'm sorry!" the boy was frantic as he turned to Brone to begin apologizing, "Are you... a mercenary?" he inspected the dwarf, noticing how heavily armored he was.

"No, lad, but I bear a guild crest" Brone turned around and allowed the boy to look down slit between the base of his helmet and the shoulders of his ringmail, showing the Blue Pegasus symbol, "No magic, all brawn" the dwarf laughed as he flexed in front of the young man.

"Perfect!" He cried out with joy, making Brone slightly confused.

#2Brone Heavyaxe 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo Quest] Empty Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:33 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
"My name is Collin Simmers, I am a page of the Rune Knights of Hargeon" the young man quickly said as he stood straight.

"Pleasure to meet ye, lad, I am Brone Heavyaxe of Blue Pegasus" Brone was taken aback by the young page's introduction, but was happy to exchange greetings.

"I was scheduled to patrol the streets this evening, but I had recently received a summons from the Lord of Hargeon, could you possibly take my position for the time being until my return?" Collin had tried to be as professional as possible, but the urgency of his tone was too noticeable and his explanation spilled from his mouth all too quickly.

"Well yer suppose to submit an official quest at the guild..." Brone was beginning to explain what he was told about the proper procedure, but noticed the boy's expression, realizing how serious this was for him, especially given that he is such a young page who more than likely is trying to keep a clean record and doesn't want to be late for his summons, "...Aye, sure, lad, I'll patrol the streets in yer absence" the dwarf sighed with a smile, which in turn brought a smile to Collin's face.

"Thank you greatly, Sir Heavyaxe" Collin gave a salute before attempting to hand over his lantern, "Here, some areas lack lanterns at night".

"Trust me, lad, I don't need it, now go and get going" Brone waved the boy away and Collin didn't hesitate to run off.

#3Brone Heavyaxe 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo Quest] Empty Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:51 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone walked the streets of Hargeon, all the while his chest out and his chin up. He was enjoying the idea of being a stand-in for a Rune Knight, patrolling the streets, intending to keep the city safe. He thought about how he would write about this in his next letter to his parents, knowing well he would make them proud.

Eventually the sun had fully set and the lantern lacrimas that were displayed at the end of every street had lit up, producing visibility for residence who were still out. Every now and then, a citizen would greet Brone and he would return the greeting. Soon enough the streets were quiet and empty and he was pretty much alone, the only sound heard were his heavy footsteps and the jingle of his ringmail armor.

While mentally putting together a list of things to do for tomorrow, the dwarf turned a corner and spotted two men who were huddled nearby, away from any lacrima lanterns, even though they were hidden in the shadows, Brone, being a dwarf, had eyes that can pierce the darkness, "Oy! A little late for ye two to be out!" he called to them which then put them on edge, the two men turned to him suddenly and judging by how the dwarf was dressed, they figured he was a Rune Knight and without a word, they split up, running in opposite directions from one another, "Hey! halt!" Brone was surprised by the reaction but reacted himself nevertheless and began chasing after the closer suspicious man who had darted into the nearby alleyway.

#4Brone Heavyaxe 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo Quest] Empty Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:16 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Brone chase the suspicious man down the alleyway. The suspect figured he would lose his pursuer if he kept away from the light of the lacrimas and stayed in the shadows, however to the dwarf, that wasn't a problem for him, as he was running without the darkness impeding him, the suspect struggled to make his way around obstacles such as garbage, crates and other objects he could barely see in the dark.

The suspect had longer legs and was faster, but Brone was able to keep on his tail because he could see perfectly fine. Eventually, the suspect reached a wall and instead of giving up, he began to try and scale the wall. "No you don't" Brone said as he pulled one of his battleaxes then with a swung, he tossed the weapon which soared through the darkness and slammed into the wall just above the suspect's head, blade imbedded into the stone, "The next axe won't miss!" the suspect couldn't see what had slammed into the wall above him through the darkness, but hearing the threat coming from behind him had convinced him that he couldn't risk trying to escape any further.

"I thought Rune Knights aren't allowed to kill" the suspect called into the darkness, holding onto his position halfway up the wall.

"Who said I was a Rune Knight?" hearing the dwarf's voice call that question out had made the suspect's heart sink, so he decided to slowly climb back down.

#5Brone Heavyaxe 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo Quest] Empty Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:48 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
The suspect got to the floor and had his back to the wall, his hands raised, showing he had no weapon. He peered into the darkness, a bead of sweat running down his face as he heard the sound of ringmail jingling. Brone walked up to the suspicious man and simply asked, "Who was the other guy, and what was yer business?"

The suspect could see the silhouette of his chaser, and recognizing the short stature and the accent, his tone lightened, "A dwarf huh?" Which was all Brone needed to act.

The dwarf kicked the man in the knee, forcing him to drop to that knee so that he can then grab his head and slam it into the wall. Now the suspect's head was being held against the stone wall while Brone began to apply pressure, "Aye, a dwarf, now that I answered yer question, answer mine" he whispered with his deep tone.

"I-I-I don't know, the guy was asking for d-directions" the suspect stammered. Brone knew he was lying, by the way the two of the men were huddled together, they were too suspicious.

"Ah know yer lying to me" Brone then applied more pressure to the man's head, "But I'll be kind and be truthful with ye; I ain't a Rune Knight, I just don't like bad eggs like ye in my neighborhood, and since I can't get an answer from ye, I'm just gonna get angry and crack the bad egg so I can make sure nothing suspicious like this happens again".

Brone slowly added more pressure, when the suspect began to cry out in pain, Brone covered his mouth with his other hand. The man tried to fight back, swinging his arms until he landed a couple of solid punches during his flail which didn't do anything to the tough dwarf, "Listen, egg, we're in the deepest of shadows, in the deepest part of this alley, no one will hear you, no one will find you; I'll give ye my word if ye be truthful, I'll calm down and let ye live" his voice was so low it could be a whisper, but the deep tone shook the suspect's heart.

"Reagan Hullston!" the man spat out the name once Brone removed his hand from his mouth, "He's a smuggler for pirates!"

"And what was he smugglin' for ye?" Brone got really close to the man's face, even though the man couldn't see him in the darkness, he could feel him so close.

"Drugs" the man whimpered.

"Fair enough" Brone's voice went back to normal as he pulled back and let go of the drug dealer. The man sat up, confused.

"C-can I go?" he asked. Brone replied but slamming the flat of his other battleaxe's blade upon his head, knocking him out.

"Sorry, I promised to let you live, but I got to take you in" He said as he began dragging him away.

#6Brone Heavyaxe 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo Quest] Empty Thu Feb 03, 2022 10:00 pm

Brone Heavyaxe
Collin Simmers walked into his appointed outpost and greeted the other knights and clerks the following morning. He then spotted a familiar face waiting for him in the waiting area.

"Morning to ye" Brone smiled as he got up from his seat to greet the young man.

"Sir Heavyaxe! How was the nightshift?" Collins shook the dwarf's hand.

"Quiet until I caught a drug dealer making business with a smuggler" this caught Collin's attention. Brone spent his time explaining the situation, that Reagon Hullston is apparently a smuggler who works with pirates, handling cargo of different types as explained by the drug dealer that was dragged in. The other Rune Knights on duty intended to perform further interrogation for more information. The young page thanked Brone and apologized for the trouble and the dwarf laughed saying "Don't hesitate to call upon me again, lad, I don't mind at all"

Total Word Count: 1,708

[EXIT]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum