Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Incredibly Dramatic Cliffside Meeting [Atani]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Guest 

Incredibly Dramatic Cliffside Meeting [Atani] Empty Thu Nov 04, 2021 5:51 pm

It was hard to believe, but Zane was an elf again. It had only been a week since it happened. One day he just woke up, and... well, he was back to how he was before. The same face, the same hair, the same ears... needless to say it came as quite the shock. To some degree Zane had even forgotten he was an elf: not in a literal sense, but a figurative one. Much of his identity these days was built off of his time as a human. Him and Beelzebub tried their best to look into just how it all happened, but the two of them were thoroughly stumped. Zane was planning to go check in with a scholarly friend in Central Fiore about it sometime, but first he had other business to attend to. Something he ought to do now. If Zane was an elf, there was most certainly someone he should tell.

A few days before Zane would stand on the cliffside that overlooked the sea near Astera, he'd send a letter. His handwriting was about as piss-poor as ever and the paper appeared to be remarkably cheap.

Dear Atani,

What you are about to hear seems unbelievable, but I promise you that it's true. I was, for some mysterious reason, turned into an elf. I've been looking into it for a while now, but I can't quite seem to figure out just what's going on. Please meet me at 9 PM this Friday on the cliffs overlooking Astera. Seriously, please come. It would be really awkward if I just stood there.

Love, Zane

PS: I'm even hotter now

And so that Friday eventually came, Zane standing out on the cliffside just as he had jotted down on the letter. He wore a blue shirt with a hood that was of a darker shade, though it currently rested on his shoulders as opposed to over his head. His arms were crossed, his gaze intensely looking out into the ocean as his new (technically old) hair swayed with the wind. "Are you trying to look more intense for her or something?" Beelzebub asked in the demon's usual tone of disappointment. "Yea." Zane simply replied, refusing to elaborate any further.

#2Atani 

Incredibly Dramatic Cliffside Meeting [Atani] Empty Sun Dec 26, 2021 3:10 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Bâd gurth vi ngalad firiel
- 245 | @ Zane -
A very strange letter had come across the elf's path one day. It was from Zane-- the member of Eternal Nightmare whom she had spoken very little to upon discovering his allegiance. They had met briefly in Samhain where he donned an entirely new visage. According to the letter she gave him, he would have yet another appearance entirely. Usually, that would not be too strange for Zane. For as long as Atani knew him, he cycled through a few different styles, each one far different than the last. This time, however, he said he did not just change his appearance... but his entire race.

Zane was now a Wood Elf--

-- Apparently a hot one too.

He was lucky her frustration with him had subsided after all this time. If this was some sort of joke, she would have been mad a month ago. But now? Well, Atani didn't know whether to even hope if it was a joke or not. She had never heard of a human changing into an elf, but there was only one way to know for sure.

Approaching the cliffside in Astera, there was a figure in the distance whose back was turned to her. His hair was cut short enough to reveal a pair of pointed ears sticking out the sides of his head. At first glance, she would never have assumed that was Zane, but perhaps if she came closer and heard his voice...

"Zane, is that you?"
bloop ♡
template by punki of adoxography

Incredibly Dramatic Cliffside Meeting [Atani] Lu7gGv2
#ff6666 - Fiorian #cc6666 - Elvarin #996666 - Val'Elvarin
#ffe666 - Fiorian #ccc666 - Elvarin #999966 - Val'Elvarin
#9b2222 - Sinese

#3Guest 

Incredibly Dramatic Cliffside Meeting [Atani] Empty Mon Dec 27, 2021 3:25 am

"Yeah." Zane confidently affirmed, still facing away from the woman who just called out to him. Taking a deep breath in, Zane closed his eyes. Would she find him more attractive this way? It would only be natural for her to want to be with someone who was also an elf, right? After all, she w- "Will our future be littered with this lovey-dovey garbage?" Beelzebub asked in disgust, interrupting Zane's rather monotonous third person inner monologue. "Ha! Lovey dovey?" Zane asked, his inner voice attempting to sound tough and cold. "As if!" Needless to say, the lord of the flies saw through his companion's act rather quickly.

Deciding to get it over with, Zane turned around and faced Atani, spreading his arms out a little and flashing a smile. In his current state, Zane looked... younger than he had been before. Perhaps a bit less handsome and a bit more cute, though he obviously still had the former in spades. His hair had grown a bit longer and his facial features had softened up just a tad. His two elf ears were as pointy as they could be. "I'm still looking into why it happened..." Zane had thought to give the full story about how he was an elf as a child yet turned into a human as an adult... but considering how Atani felt about him withholding info about his guild allegiance, Zane decided it wasn't worth the drama to spill it all out now. Besides, the last person he had told that story to was Kaiser, years and years ago: she didn't believe him for a single millisecond and dismissed the tale entirely.

"But here I am. I must say, I definitely feel a bit more nimble on my feet!" Zane began hopping in place just a little bit, clearly enjoying the way his body moved around so easily. "Sorry if you were hoping for half-elves, by the way." He joked as he slowly walked towards Atani, opening his arms wider for a hug. "You and I can look into the details sometime later. I'm sure you'll find some good info, right? I'll pay you back - for every detail you figure out I'll go on one whole date with you. Pretty great bargain, right?"

#4Atani 

Incredibly Dramatic Cliffside Meeting [Atani] Empty Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:05 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
- 221 | @ Zane -
Back still turned to the elf, Zane confirmed that the man before her was indeed the same person she'd always known. Once he finally showed his face, Atani probably wouldn't have believed it if it weren't for hearing his voice first. His dramatic flair with drawn out arms and a wide grin helped too.

In short, Zane was stumped by his sudden transformation. There wasn't even an inkling as to what could have caused it. Or at least if there was, he hadn't decided to share it just yet.

"So... what? You just woke up one day and looked like this with no explanation then?" Atani asked, gesturing up and down to his new elven figure.

She smirked as Zane walked closer. Joking about the half-elf children they were in no way, not in a hundred years, ever going to have. Trying to give her a hug as he gave a proposal for dates in exchange for information that could help him. Atani shook her head and grabbed Zane's wrists. She'd bring them down by his sides if he let her.

"I'm not interested in any sort of 'payment' for this. Honestly, I'm just as curious to know what this is all about as you-- Well, I guess you'd have more reason to be curious, but you get what I mean."
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

#5Guest 

Incredibly Dramatic Cliffside Meeting [Atani] Empty Mon Jan 24, 2022 7:01 pm

Zane sighed as Atani grabbed his wrists. She wasn't in the mood for flirting it seemed, and Zane could sorta get why. It wasn't as though he wasn't the least bit curious or concerned about this change either. "Essentially, yes. I've tried asking Beelzebub, but it doesn't seem like it has anything to do with him or demons or anything." Beelzebub let out an agreeable sound within Zane's mind. "Unless Lucifer is really, REALLY bored I doubt any of the demon lords would concoct such a scheme." Zane closed his eyes, thinking about what to say next. Perhaps it was for the best if he told her the whole story. She was smart, yeah? Maybe she'd have a clue about the cause. Opening one of his eyes, Zane nervously looked into Atani's. "Hey. There's another thing I don't tell people. Hopefully you don't mind that I've kept it from you, it's just most people don't believe it and all..." Sighing, Zane opened his eyes and let himself free of Atani's grasp for a quick moment, turning around and facing towards the cliff. He looked upon the cold beaches of Astera, recounting the time he had spent here - his first few months as a human.

"I was born as an elf. In Baska, specifically. It was a nice place - I have fond memories of th-" Beelzebub managed to interrupt Zane before his entire monologue changed its course. "I'd really rather not have to hear you prattle on about your small town antics for the 100th time... Zane cleared his throat, deciding to stay on track. "Anyways, I was quite a shy kid back then. I joined Fairy Tail, became a mage or whatever... but then, a few years ago, boom. I get shot with a little dart." Zane turned his head towards Atani and motioned his fingers into the shape of a little projectile, indicating just how small the thing was. "Next morning I wake up a human. Human me searched after the reason or a cure for years and years, but no dice. And then, one day... poof." Zane turned his entire body around now, gesturing towards his features. "Here I am, an elf once more. I can't say I mind though - the look always suited me, yeah?"

Zane stepped forwards, approaching Atani once again. Everyone he had told this story to laughed it off. Kaiser, countless others... nobody could believe someone so suddenly switching races like that. Perhaps vampirism or something along those lines, but not when it came to being a human or an elf. It was crazy. It was weird. It was madness. It was, well, Zane. "People always laugh that tale off. How bout you, Atani?" His eyes met with her's. While Zane always had such a confident if somewhat wacky look in his eyes, vulnerability was never an emotion that shone through them. But it could definitely be felt a little bit here. This was a secret that prevented him from seeing his family in any capacity for years after all. "Do you believe it?"

#6Atani 

Incredibly Dramatic Cliffside Meeting [Atani] Empty Mon Feb 07, 2022 7:40 am

Atani

Atani Tathvir
- 227 | @ Zane -
So... demons were out. Honestly, his possession of take-over magic hadn't even crossed her mind, but at least that was one variable out of the equation. Unfortunately, that didn't narrow it down much either.

To gain some perspective, Zane decided to tell her where this all truly began, because evidently this sudden change of race didn't just start now. So maybe this seemingly inexplicable event did, in fact, have an explanation.

Atani listened to what he had to say. It was certainly a strange tale. One that began with him as an elf in Fairy Tail and ended with him as a human in Eternal Nightmare. Though this was arguably an even greater secret than the one kept from her about his dark guild, she understood why he hadn't told her about it before. She wouldn't have even begun to believe him if it weren't for the fact he was standing before her as a Wood Elf once again. But even then, there were pieces of his story that didn't add up. For example, who shot this dart, what was in it, and what sort of cures did he try?

Finally, he asked Atani if she believed him. There was only one test she could think of that she was sure no human could fake.

"Depends," she spoke, switching to Val'Elvarin without hesitation. "Do you understand me?"
bloop ♡

#9b2222 - Sinese

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum