Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

A chance encounter (Atani)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Lily Locket 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:47 am

Lily Locket
It had been a few days since Lily had gotten into Astera, and after learning the layout of the area, she had been getting around pretty well. She enjoyed the new scenary and was getting more used to how the town was like. It was no Hargeon or like her old town back in Caelum but it was certainly more pleasant then she first thought. She had found a spot nearby a lake to rest legs and simply watch the water to empty her thoughts, but today was not one of those days that she could have the thoughts so easily washed away. She was thinking about it for a while, but she wasn't ready to ask that question to herself.. So she would try her best to ignore them for the time being and enjoy herself.

The river would flow a little more calmly then usual, as the wind would breeze through the area, causing Lily's long hair to blow towards the left side of her. Each strand slowly returned to it's natural state as the wind would stop as Lily would let out a small breath and pull it back behind her.
"The air feels nicer here... nicer then usual, anyway. Must be a sign of a good day to come... or maybe I'm just speaking nonsense. At the very least, the water looks beautiful. I thank thee, nature... for the gift you have given to me today... I must find a way to clear my head much more. These thoughts are not befitting of me... not right now." Lily spoke with a tone of concern, holding the right side of her head with a solem look on her face.

No matter how hard she'd try, her doubts would manifest to thought and would cloud her mind. What if she wasn't good enough? would it be better to leave and find someplace else to hone her skills? Should she even try it? She'd shake her head and try to shut those thoughts away to the back of her head. Not right now, she thought in her head as she'd lower her hand and gaze up towards the sky. A semi clear day with a small amount of cloud. It looked like it was going to stay that way for a while.

#2Atani 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Mon Aug 30, 2021 7:25 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
Bâd gurth vi ngalad firiel
- 366 | @ Lily -
It was such a calm day in Astera. The young Wood Elf's days had been filled with nothing but getting the Infinity Wolves' guild hall up and running, she was hardly able to take a clean breath of fresh air. Finally, however, she allowed herself a break. Substantial progress had been made in the guild hall. She herself played a large role in the progress made thus far, which is why she let herself take a step back to allow others to try their hand at repairs and improvements. While they took their turn toiling away, Atani would seize the opportunity to get some much needed rest.

For some, rest meant taking a nap or enjoying a day at home in solitude. For Atani, it meant soaking in the sun's rays surrounded by nature. Unfortunately, Astera was not as bountiful when it came to that in comparison to other cities the girl had been to. Even Marigold, as tiny as it was, proved to be a far more comforting town than Astera with its cluttered streets and busy ports. They became overwhelming at times, though Atani expected them to become much less so as she grew used to her new life in the coastal town. In the meantime, there were a few spots in the land where the Wood Elf was generally able to find solitude. One such spot happened to be by the river that flowed into the ocean.

Today, however, it seemed the river had an unexpected visitor. Where Atani typically stood alone, there instead stood a young girl with long, silver hair. She seemed to be speaking to herself. Curious, Atani stepped closer. It was unusual to find a human girl that young on her own. Upon closer inspection, it became apparent that the girl donned a guild emblem upon her cheek-- Blue Pegasus's guild emblem.

"Uhm... hi," Atani awkwardly said, giving a small wave to the girl. She had initially approached her thinking she was lost, but now seeing her former guild's emblem upon the teen's skin, that didn't seem likely anymore. "Sorry, I was just walking by and thought you might've been lost. I don't usually see many people around here."
Coupon 11/60
template by punki of adoxography

A chance encounter (Atani) Lu7gGv2
#ff6666 - Fiorian #cc6666 - Elvarin #996666 - Val'Elvarin
#ffe666 - Fiorian #ccc666 - Elvarin #999966 - Val'Elvarin
#9b2222 - Sinese

#3Lily Locket 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:05 am

Lily Locket
Trying to Qwell her thoughts was a difficult task, that was to be sure, but upon the sound a young woman made Lily suddenly jump from shock. Was she that lost in her own thoughts that she couldn't hear someone approach her? Perhaps that was the case but she wasn't so sure. Maybe the woman's foot steps were cushioned or perhaps her hearing just wasn't as good as she thought. In any case, her gaze would turn to the young woman and Lily would let out a small gasp. The young woman in front of her was that of the elf species and stranger still, she had noticed this woman several times over in Hargeon. They never interacted at all but Lily knew her face and would smile.

When hearing the reason for her approaching, Lily would pout very slightly before shaking her head, her eyes fixated on the beautiful young elf.
"You are forgiven in thinking that i was lost, Miss. I simply wished to keep myself away from the large crowds to empty my thoughts. Nature is a very dear friend and one that has aided me several times in the past to correct my path and guide me towards a better road." Lily responded with a soft, gentle tone and a small smile on her face.

She was trying to hide her negative emotions away from the constant thoughts clouding her judgement as they were hers and hers alone, and she didn't want to trouble anyone with them. To her, it would be unfair and not right to burden another with thoughts that were not from their own mind. She'd try her best to give a genuine smile as she'd turn her gaze back to the river, her hair still being blown a bit by the wind.

"I believe that introductions are in order. My name is Lily Talis Locket. I am a knight in training currently in the guild of Blue Pegasus. If I may inquire, what should i refer to you as, Miss?" Lily asked with a more cheerful tone, patting down her dress before getting off the bench, turning to the young elf woman and giving them a small curtsy, as per her heritage as a Caelum born girl. She was always told to do a curtsy to others as a sign of respect and kindness. To her, it was a simple greeting that was used when gretting someone new. She'd try to stay as polite as she could as she didn't wish to come off as rude.

#4Atani 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Sun Sep 05, 2021 11:09 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
- 271 | @ Lily -
Much to the elf's surprise, the young girl spoke in a rather sophisticated tone, one that she wouldn't have expected to have heard lest she traveled back up to the Silver District within Myras' mountains. She called Atani 'Miss' and referred to nature as one of her 'dear friends,' both of which were oddly formal terms, especially for a girl who looked as young as she did. Admittedly, Atani wasn't quite sure how to respond. The young girl spoke as if life had dragged her through the weeds for years, but she looked to be no more than fifteen-- certainly not old enough to have experienced instances where she was steered down the wrong path as badly as she implied.

Luckily, Atani didn't need to say a thing. The young girl took the opportunity to introduce herself as Lily Talis Locket, a member of Blue Pegasus. Although Lily did not explicitly mention anything about having recognized Atani from the guild, she did decide to ask for the elf's name. Atani didn't think the girl would go through the trouble of introductions if they came across as complete strangers to one another. The polite thing to do would be to reciprocate, even if she was no longer part of the guild herself.

"You can just call me Atani," she replied, "No need for any Miss." With that out of the way, the elf continued on with the conversation, thinking it safe to assume Lily recognized her from Blue Pegasus. "Come to think of it, I believe I have seen you around the guildhall before. What brings you all the way to Astera?"
Coupon 13/60

#9b2222 - Sinese

#5Lily Locket 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:56 am

Lily Locket
So this Elf right in front of Lily's face was the S rank mage, Atani, of Blue Pegasus?! Lily was a little shocked to see her all the way out here but.. at the same time, Astera was a big town and one with a lot of nice shops, lovely places to go around and visit and the aura of the place did make Lily think of home a little more then usual. As to what Atani had just asked Lily, she'd turn back to the lovely Elf and smile gently, patting her dress down as the wind would stop blowing, her hair slowly resting back over her back.

"You could call it a small expedition. I wanted to see parts of Fiore and staying in Hargeon wasn't going to give me much if any experience in travel and combat. W-well.. that's part of the reason. The other is far more personal. For the time being, I just want to see the sights and experience the world more rather then being confined in the guild hall, swinging a training sword at a wooden training dummy for hours at a time."
Lily explained with her tone staying rather soft and gentle, her gaze fixed on Atani's eyes to try and show a mutual trust between the two. That and she didn't want to come off as rude. Even as a child, she never spoke to someone without proper eye contact. It was just built into her to try and be as polite as possible, it seems.

Her curiousity did take a small rise when she thought up and then asked: "What is your reason for being here in Astrea, Atani? Are you on a task, looking over the stores for shopping purposes or is it something more personal?" That was what she was curious about and she felt as if it was going to be an alright thing to ask, but another part of her felt as if she might not get an answer for it. Not that it was needed, she thought. She was happy to see another member of Blue Pegasus around town and felt at ease knowing it was one of the stronger members.

#6Atani 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:34 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
- 386 | @ Lily -
Atani nodded as she listened to Lily's explanation. She too empathized with the desire to venture beyond Hargeon's borders. Wanderlust filled the elf's soul to the brim. For that reason, one might have been surprised to see her venture from one of Fiore's most luxurious beaches to yet another coastal town of equal status. Given any other circumstance, Atani likely would not have chosen Astera as the next destination on her itinerary, but fate had made this decision for her. Though she would have much preferred to settle someplace up north like Worth Woodsea or Orchidia, Infinity Wolves had other plans.

"I imagine that would get tiring after a while," the elf said after Lily finished explaining why she had strayed so far from the guildhall. Hacking away at an inanimate object for hours on end was perhaps more taxing on the mind than it was the body. Though Lily was young, elves of similar age she knew from her homeland had no issue with partaking in real field training. You could only gain so much experience from striking dummies day after day.

Lily inquired about Atani's own reasons for her departure of the south. Thankfully, it seemed like Manzo had done his part in keeping her desire to leave Blue Pegasus a secret. Otherwise, the news regarding Infinity Wolves would have spread like wildfire throughout Hargeon before the guild could even be formally established.

"You could say that I'm away on guild business," she ended up saying. It might not have been the full truth, but it was not a lie either. "And, well, I suppose I've been here before. I can't remember much of my stay here though. It was years ago and brief at that, so I thought it would be nice to revisit the town, refresh my memories."

That was even further from the truth than her previous statement. If she had connected the dots from her forgotten life correctly-- and she was fairly certain she did-- then Kerii was in Astera during one of its most perilous times. As traumatizing as she heard the tales from the demonic invasion were, she wanted to know if the place could jog any memories she had locked away. Memories she had prior to joining Blue Pegasus. Memories she had of when she was Kerii.
Coupon 18/60

#9b2222 - Sinese

#7Lily Locket 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:43 am

Lily Locket
Listening to Atani's explanation calmly, Lily would take not of everything she would say, and having a little bit of doubt her not remembering the last time Atani was around but she couldn't be entirely sure that her doubts were needed. She couldn't let her doubts get in the way of her getting a little experience and advice from someone as high ranked as Atani, which was still making Lily very shocked that anyone could get to A rank. However, she was trying her best to not let her amaze get the better of her.

"I see. As for myself, as I said earlier, I want to see the world. To experience the world's wonders and treasures. If i may ask, could you give me some pointers on becoming a better guild member? I can't... exactly wield magic at all and i haven't braved a quest. I worry that i may mess up if I don't have someone that can aid me."
Lily would speak very calmly and rub her cheek in embarrassment. She wasn't exactly confident in her abilities so she trying to get it up by having someone come aid her. With Atani right here, it was possible that she could get a lot of experience and grow as an adventurer and as a growing guild member. That is, if she was going to stay in blue pegasus. Part of her still wasn't sure she could fit in but at the same time... they saved her from being without a home and people to care for her. could she tell Atani about her concerns? only time could tell

#8Atani 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Sat Sep 25, 2021 11:21 pm

Atani

Atani Tathvir
- 434 | @ Lily -
Atani found it sweet that Lily asked the elder mage for advice. She wanted to know how to be a 'better guild member.' In the girl's young, naïve mind, she was met with the misconception that magic was equivalent to worth, and unfortunately she was not one of the few people in Fiore who could possess magic. The relationship that humans had with magic was vastly different than the relationship elves did. Wood Elves had an innate affinity for the magic that resided within nature. As such, it was more common than not to possess magic for her kind, but the opposite seemed to be true for humans. In Fiore, the majority of citizens had to resort to enchanted items or lacrima devices if they wanted to utilize magic; however, in both societies, those who did not possess magic were not inherently weaker than those who did. If you were young and in a guild dominated by mages though, it was not hard to imagine how that simple fact could be hard to see.

"Well, the first thing I'll say is that none of that determines if you're a 'good' guild member or not." She gave a soft smile to the silver-haired girl. "Some of the strongest people I know can't use magic either, and they all started at the same spot as you. Though if you want to look at a magic perspective, someone I know has an incredibly rare and powerful magic... But while he was in a light guild, he committed crimes. He went to prison for a while, but he was still welcomed back not because the guild needed his strength, but because he had built bonds within the guild. The most powerful thing you can earn in a guild is their trust."

It was ironic she should say such a thing when she intended on leaving Blue Pegasus to form a guild of her own, but it wasn't as if Blue Pegasus was entirely innocent in this situation either. For all intents and purposes, Atani felt as if she couldn't trust the guild to honor her values. If it was just her who felt that way, it would be one thing, but it wasn't. Infinity Wolves was evidence of that.

"But to be honest with you, most of what I'm saying is through observation. I haven't even been in mainland Fiore for a year yet, but even with that limited time, it's not hard to tell how guilds like Blue Pegasus operate. As long as you're honest and show authenticity, you'll be in good standing with any light guild."
Coupon 38/60

#9b2222 - Sinese

#9Lily Locket 

A chance encounter (Atani) Empty Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:44 am

Lily Locket
Listening to Atani closely, lily would make note of everything Atani was saying and kept a very small smile on her face as she felt a little better about herself. She felt as if she was able to be truthful with Atani and be able to get a lot off her chest, without having any issues with her intent being misunderstood or potentially making the other angry… hopefully. She was still a little anxious about saying what was on her mind but… she thought it was best to say it now and have no regrets, and to see how Atani would respond. After Atani had finished saying about being honest and showing authenticity, Lily would nod her head and smile.

"Then… I must get this off my chest. I feel as if my presence in blue Pegasus is not earned and rather was a given by pity. A young girl without a home, found on a smuggling ship without knowledge of it… if blue Pegasus hadn't taken me in, I would've been wandering around without food or water… I have no magic and the only thing of worth is my pendant… I was added due to how the guild operates. If they were to send me off, if I were to be killed or worse would've been on their hands. Besides… I'm not beautiful or feel like my 'beauty' is befitting of blue Pegasus… beauty is for the vain and true strength is by a persons actions, following their heart and doing what's right not only for the people around you but for your heart too! "
Lily spoke out with her hand over her chest, a wayward and yet determined look on her face as she spoke with a passion filled tone, her eyes showing a flame that could only be seen as true passion towards truth and the will of the heart. To her, being a knight would be to guard the weak, protect them, fend off those that would bring harm to them and to ensure that, no matter what race or upbringing… that everyone could live in harmony.

"I want to protect the people around me… to show my strength through action and not by how I look or being elegant… blue Pegasus, at least by how everyone looks, appears to be more self centred on appearances alone. I don't care how a person looks or where they come from… if they need help, I will aid them, beautiful or not. If what I believe is not right, then I refuse to be aligned with those that believe beauty is above all... I'm sorry. These thought have been with me for a while… I just had to get them off my chest..." lily hung her head low, ready to get an earful from her elder of blue Pegasus. What she said was surely going to spark a lot of negative remarks and potentially have her removed from the guild… and yet she said what she had to, leaving no regrets in her heart

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum