Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beast Hunter - Solo [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kenzo Valens 

Beast Hunter - Solo [Quest] Empty Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:33 pm

Kenzo Valens
”Oh my…. What in heavens happened to those poor souls?” A middle aged woman spoke between whispers to her partner in one of the marketplace’s stalls. ”Shh! Not so loud. They might hear you” Both women turned pale as soon as they noticed a young blue haired male looking at their direction. None of them spoke, remaining silent with a face full of embarrassment and nervousness. ”What the?” Kenzo quickly looked around to see if he could notice the stuff the two women spoke about. It was a crowded morning and the place was packed with people from all over the region. Kenzo had to thank his above average height for the fact that he had a clearer line of sight than most. With a second, he was met with the gaze that had first set that conversation in motion.

Before coming to Astera, Kenzo hadn’t heard much from the city. The Bellan mercenary had been traveling through the country for the last couple of months gathering information and familiarizing himself with Fiore’s geography and customs. In his travels, he didn’t hear anything that was interesting or that stood out enough for him to warrant a trip to the country’s western port. However, now that he stood in one of the busiest marketplaces that he had ever visited he wondered why that was the case. ”This shit is insane. Are all these people new?” He managed to mutter between breaths as people squeezed past him and managed to move with the flow of their paths. There could only be two answers to that question. The first, all of them were really new immigrants to the city and as such the infrastructure had been left behind. The second option was that there was some sort of information embargo in Astera. Someone didn’t want their prosperity to leak.

[306/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Rank

Beast Hunter - Solo [Quest] IgtZBYS
#2Kenzo Valens 

Beast Hunter - Solo [Quest] Empty Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:41 pm

Kenzo Valens
Whatever the case, this was no longer a city that he or anyone else in Fiore could ignore. The place was bustling with trade and activity. It would soon become a regional power and that threatened Oak’s stability. This would require some future thought and discussion when him and his guildmates returned to their guild. Either way, all of these thoughts quickly dispelled from Kenzo’s mind as he saw a group of people walking a couple of meters away. They were dragging something along them, but he couldn’t quite make what it was. The Bellan managed to get a quick peek before he was swept by a multitude of people trying to cross through his standing position.

Irritated, Kenzo decided to walk closer to the group and see for himself. He had a free day, so he figured why not? ”Coming through… Excuse me… Sorry, coming up. Ow… what the hell old man?” a large black haired male bumped against Kenzo’s shoulder as he tried to open a path through the crowds. He flashed a glare at the blue haired swordsman as he opened his mouth to speak. Kenzo’s gaze instantly changed as his eyes filled with aggressive bloodlust. A devilish smile painted his lips as he licked one of the sharp bone teeth protruding from his right cheek. ”Think your next words very well you fart…” His left hand was placed on the golden blade sheathed by his side, his thumb sliding the hilt of the sword ever so slightly. ”I…” The old man fumbled before instantly lowering his head and escaping back into the crowd’s flow. With a sight, Kenzo recovered once again his composure and relaxed his look. ”Che… Just like I thought..” As he looked back at his target the male clicked his tongue in irritation.

[606/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Rank

#3Kenzo Valens 

Beast Hunter - Solo [Quest] Empty Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:46 pm

Kenzo Valens
”God damn it… Now I’ve lost them.” The people he was got away from his sight during his short scuffle. However, not even a second would have passed before he heard someone calling for him. ”Uhm.. excuse me.. Are you by any chance Kenzo? Kenzo Valens?” Rising an eyebrow at the sudden stranger speaking to him, he looked around to face the unknown voice. ”Depends who’s asking” His tone was calm but direct. His message was definitely delivered across. Noticing the slight hostility in the warrior’s voice, the man asking for him quickly took a step back and rose both hands.

”I’m sorry where are my manners. My name is Gallard and I’m a merchant from this town. I was lucky enough to see your fight a couple of weeks ago at the Grand Magic Games. I must say I have become a fan of yours ever since.” The merchant gave off a smile of embarrassment as he greeted Kenzo with the friendliest tone he possibly could muster. However, Kenzo saw right through him. Merchant smile huh? his mind instantly identified an expression he was all too familiar with. Through his travels, he’d have to deal with all kinds of traders and merchant caravans. Naturally, Kenzo began understanding the minds of people that devoted their lives to profit and their tricks. Like a swordsman or a mage, merchants held their own tactics and abilities to master. The merchant smile was one of them. It was something he understood one day, and ever since then never failed to recognize when dealing with one. The smile Gallard gave Kenzo was exactly that. A smile that behind apparent humbleness, friendliness and approachability hid an insatiable hunger to obtain something from the other party. Kenzo knew the man before knew wanted something. But what?

[906/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Rank

#4Kenzo Valens 

Beast Hunter - Solo [Quest] Empty Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:51 pm

Kenzo Valens
The answer would come naturally to the man. He had been an orphan in the streets of Bellum’s capital and even stole for a living for a couple of years. Kenzo had learned a trick or two. In order to get the information, he wanted out of the merchant, he needed to drive him into a corner and crack his shell of confidence. The merchant smile was in reality a power move. Parting from it, it was easy to control the flow of a conversation under the guise of being submissive at the same time. The best way to do it wzs interrupting the flow they wanted to create.

”Really? Glad you enjoyed that bout. Now...if you excuse I have other matters to attend.” Kenzo smiled at Gallard as he started walking away from the man. He was sure the group was still nearby, perhaps it was still not too late to catch them.

With only a second between him giving his back at the merchant, his plan was a complete success. ”*AHEM*!!! Excuse me Mr. Valens… I couldn’t help but notice that you were following the group of adventurers that just arrived to town. Yes?”

”Hoh? How did you know about that?” Kenzo answered with feigned surprise as he turned back to Gallard.

”He he.. well. They are the current talk of the town at the moment after all. Three adventurers from the group never returned, the scouts actually. The rest of the crew came as soon as they could before they encountered… that The male let off a slight chuckle as he scratched his head before continuing. ”Truth be told… they were actually employed by me… It seems they were unsuccessful too”

Kenzo crossed both arms as he continued his line of question. ”What exactly would that be?”

[1206/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Rank

#5Kenzo Valens 

Beast Hunter - Solo [Quest] Empty Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:00 pm

Kenzo Valens
”Well… you see. There’s been rumors for the last couple of weeks about a fearsome beast that is terrorizing the region. Not a single person has made it back alive to report about its physical appearance or characteristics, but a couple of shepherds near the northern outskirts of Astera have claimed it is a famed Barrang.”

Kenzo was genuinely interested by this piece of information. However, he had never heard before a beast called Barrang. He might have met one before, but until he saw it he couldn’t be sure whether it was the Fioran expression to describe something he’d met before. Gallard quickly understood Kenzo’s silence and continued with his explanation.

”You see, Barrangs are legendary creatures that inhabit the cold caverns of the mountain. It has been centuries since the last of these beasts was seen, but legends tell of a time where a single monster destroyed the entirety of Port Astera. Only until a powerful wizard came to the town and defeated it did peace return. People are afraid a disaster might happen if nothing is done, so there’s a large bounty on whoever manages to kill the beast.”

Kenzo’s eyes lit up at the story. ”That certainly sounds like something interesting…” A smile painted his lips in sync with Gallard. Instinctively, both men knew what that men. However, Kenzo was the first one to speak up. ”250,000 Jewels. Up front and in cash.” The mercenary was leaving no room for negotiations.

”Deal.” An agreement was sealed with a shake of hands before Kenzo ventured to the north of the town to chase for the beast.

It wasn’t hard to find it. However, the battle that ensued was one that would put the warrior’s skills to the test. True to the legends it was a fearsome beast. One that he had never faced before. After what seemed like almost an hour, Kenzo finally managed to make a clean slash at the monster’s head, severing it instantly with a single strike. Masamune cut through the hardened skin like butter as blood gushed out from the wound.

Kenzo returned to town with a trophy for Gallard before receiving his money. This monster hunter thing was more exciting than what he’d expected.

-EXIT-

[1578/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Rank

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum