Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

South Fishing Contest

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Naga 

South Fishing Contest Empty Tue May 22, 2018 1:55 pm

Naga

• Kurdran

• Taylor

• Vivianna

• Aegis

#2Kurdran Briggs 

South Fishing Contest Empty Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 am

Kurdran Briggs
Kurdran had always loved fishing, atleast the way he usually did it. As a kid, he often outright just dove face first into the river, trying to grasp the salmon, pikes and all the other different fishes that swam by, throwing them onto the beach like a bear, whenever he was lucky enough to actually catch one. Besides, it was one of those rare times when he could take a bath in something properly sized, instead of one of those accursed tubs. With his hair, they tended to either get completely clogged up, or he ended up stepping on it. And for Kurdran, the health of his hair was a matter of pride.

So naturally, the combo of a proper bath and a fishing competition had him excited. As he reached the lake, with many other fellow contestants, he immediately opened his tight kimono, letting his belly flop a bit, as he charged towards the waters! "THE EARLIEST BIRD CATCHES THE BIGGEST...! Only for some quite sizeable gentleman to scoop him off the ground. "Deeply sorry sir, but thou should propably use one of the provided fishing rods." Kurdran was fittingly annoyed about it. "And who said that?!" The gentleman proceeded to point towards an equally sizeable sign bringing it up. "The rules, sir..."

After being let go (and emitting a loud thump as his buttocks hit the ground), Kurdran begrudgingly walked over, grabbed one of the rods, and whilst grumbling swears, prepared it for use... as poorly as it went with his sausage fingers. "Darn fancypants fishmongers... don`t even have the guts to go and actually touch a fish with their bare hands...." Honestly, Fishing in this fashion was propably the most boring way of doing it if you wanted to actually catch something. Last time he did it, One of his pals had started telling some story about some fish he had caught, that was "so huge and glittery, that he thought he had ripped a piece of the sky down". It was a good story yes, but, when the fish had finally bitten, it had pulled him into the lake... and rest had gone as you could sorta expect.

"Can I atleast STAND in the lake?! It`s not like me toes will scare em away!" The gentleman from before looked at the sign, and seemingly lifted his thumb in approval. "Thank ye for that atleast!" In the case of choosing a spot, well... He wasn`t exactly picky. As soon as he came over to a pretty nice looking spot, with seemingly just sand and mud at the bottom, He proceeded to start removing his hair clips one by one, as his trademark mohawk started to lower into pretty big curtain over his shoulders. "May as well let me hair atleast soak in there... its been a while since I had meself a proper bath..." For now, he was seemingly just rubbing his hair down proper, like some kind of fat and bearded primadonna... Though surprisingly, his hair did seem silky smooth, Almost like a canvas, as it sank gently into the lake with him stepping into it barefooted.

With his rod in hand, he was pretty much ready to start boredly waiting. He was almost praying for some company at his spot though.

1/3 Preparations done

#3Taylor 

South Fishing Contest Empty Wed May 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Taylor
Taylor
The Bringer Of Terror
Taylor looked around for a moment as she took in everything there was to see. The festival was so beautiful, and half of her had actually liked it. The other half of her though wanted to burn it down because it had made her eyes water a bit, and watery eyes were never something anyone wanted. It was an embarrassing thing for anyone to see, and as she wiped her eyes, she picked up a fishing rod and just stared at it blankly. "How do you even use this thing?" she asked, her eyes filled with confusion. She had never gone fishing before, and now she was kind of wondering why she had signed up for such a peculiar thing in the first place. No matter, today she would learn, and that was that. She had spotted a really short man with way too much hair standing in the water instead of getting in the boat like everyone else was, and she had found it a bit strange. Did he not know the first thing about fishing? Yeah, she didn't know how to fish, but she knew for a fact that you weren't supposed to stand deadass in the middle of the water. What even was the point of that? How was he even supposed to fish with all that hair in his face? She asked herself these questions and many more as she had stepped onto the boat, making sure she was balanced and the boat wouldn't fall over.
250 words | @Kurdran @Vivi @Aegis | clothing

South Fishing Contest 24bklxs
#4Vivianna Mystcreek 

South Fishing Contest Empty Wed May 23, 2018 3:01 pm

Vivianna Mystcreek
"O- oh, there we go," the woman said as she stepped on the boardwalk. Scared slightly by the creaking sound, her hand found its way to the wooden railings. Smiling, she looked around and took a deep breath. The lake, it didn't smell as great as the sea, however the mellow aroma of the water was something the witch wouldn't miss. Her magic was of ink, but her connection to water itself couldn't be denied.

A couple of minutes ago she had accepted to join the fishing contest that she had stumbled upon. While she hadn't fished at all before, she felt confident that this could be a nice, new experience. Before reaching the lake, she had hidden behind a small stall and pulled out a card from her tarot deck, just for fun to see how the event would go for her. Pulling the Hierophant card, she found no connection whatsoever and decided to forget about it.

Talking with the staff of the contest and getting her fishing rod, she needed a quick show to learn how it was supposed to be used. "I can do it," she told herself within her, but not an ounce of her believed that. She took her place, and that point noticed a familiar figure. There was no way to mistake that short height and that amazing hair. It was the dwarf who had come to her for a reading. Smiling, she took a step forward, however, remembering how embarrassed she was in front of him and that the contest could stand any second, she simply decided to look his way till she was noticed, if it was to happen, she would smile and wave at him.

Placing her bait box next to her, she looked at the worms with a slight sense of disgust. "Can't be a lady forever," she mumbled and attached the first worm to her hook. Not feeling as grossed out as she thought she would. She stood still to wait for the starting signal.
cant wait to get 5 points
Come, try and remember.

South Fishing Contest HOd83yH
"Behind the door where no eyes observe, that's where the witches live."
Sheet  Character  Fortune
Speech: #ffcc00
#5Aegis 

South Fishing Contest Empty Fri May 25, 2018 10:47 pm

Aegis

Aegis had not been remotely a fisherman by trade, or even practiced it when he was younger, but when the opportunity arose at the festival, he wanted to see it for himself. As one of the main activities of the festival, since he was here to explore the region, he decided to participate in it even in a small way. He was not under the conclusion that he would win anything by any means but he would still give it a try.

But there was one decision he had to make first, and that was where he would want to do the fishing from. He had heard that it's fishing from a dock is better because you have access to deeper waters although other people have informed him that if you fishing the shoreline are more likely to get catches because the fish prefer hiding amongst the rocks during the day. "Unfortunately the dock looks rather busy anyway, so I guess I don't really have a choice." He said as he looked around at the large group of people obviously assembling for the contest. He walked just up to the water and placed his shoulder back down on the sand and  unfastened the fishing rod he had on his back. It was given to him on loan so that he would be able to participate in the event.

"Well, I guess all there is to do now is wait." he said as he was glancing around at all the people that seemed primed and anxious to begin the competition. Most of the people around him he did not recognize, probably due to the inconsequential amount of time he's actually been in the city and been a part of the Rune Knights. He eagerly shuffled about as he got comfortable and positioned himself ready to begin at a moment's notice.

#6Kurdran Briggs 

South Fishing Contest Empty Sat May 26, 2018 1:59 am

Kurdran Briggs
Slowly and surely people started to take their spots for the competition. To them, Kurdran might have been a bit ridiculous sight, taking that he looked almost like a big hairy dog just sitting patiently in the water. However, as he turned his head to look at some of the other contestants, he grumbled a bit. The hair went over his eyes, and made it almost impossible to see this sassy hairstyle wearing weirdo of a girl stepping onto a boat. "Pfeh, of course..." Not everybody was unafraid to get their feet wet. Didn`t mean they weren`t any less wussy though. why even bother attending a competition, if you are afraid of getting stared at?

...Speaking of which, he felt like he was being stared at, as he turned his head... and proceeded to lift his mildly wet locks, as this blonde lady waved at him. He wondered for a moment, where he had seen her before. And then hit him. "Oh yeah! The oracle!" He waved back, as loud shush was emitted in his direction. "Oh, shut yer yaps, yer louder than me..." he muttered to himself, as he proceeded to walk a bit closer to her, the water splashing about.

"Thank god, there is atleast someone friendly here..." He said a bit quieter than normal. "Though admittedly, ye don`t exactly look like a fishing person, hehe!" He chuckled as she put the worm on her rod. It did have him wonder though... why did she join the competition? Then he snapped his fingers as he looked sort of worried!

"I presume ye`ve foreseen yerself doing well here, am I right?!" He pointed his finger towards her face with a gaze that smelled of a challenge. Man, that would mean she had already won before the contest even started! "Well, I am gonna try and prove yer prediction wrong, if ye don`t mind! This dwarf is gonna atleast grab the biggest fish in the lake!" He pronounced loudly, as he grabbed his rod, and through the line far into the water...

And then he seemingly just sat there tense, preparing to pull whatever came up... He had atleast become second!

#7Naga 

South Fishing Contest Empty Sat May 26, 2018 1:59 am

Naga
The member 'Kurdran Briggs' has done the following action : Spin

'Dice 100' : 76, 76, 67, 45, 89

#8Taylor 

South Fishing Contest Empty Sun May 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Taylor
Taylor
The Bringer Of Terror
Taylor watched as the rest of the contestants took their positions, and their appearances were quite interesting. There were many different clothing choices that were out there, and the woman had just started to notice that now. Normally she wouldn't give a shit about others, but today she really didn't have anything else to do. She sat down and pushed her boat away from the dock, making sure she had her worms ready for when the contest started. "I hope all you whiny babies are ready to lose!" She yelled to her competitors as they had all finished getting ready. There were a few people who just looked at her and sighed, but she didn't see a problem, so she flipped them off and continued on getting herself ready and such. She sat down and fixed up her hair a bit, making sure it maintained that perfect shape that it had most, if not always, been in. She pushed a worm onto her hook and lowered it into the water, now doing the easiest part. Waiting. Waiting was actually the easiest and the hardest part now that she thought about it. Waiting always gave her anxiety, and she couldn't handle that for too long before her mind went out and her body took control, sending her into a state in which she hates dealing with, a state full of horror and insanity. She hates getting to that point, so as she sits out there she'll basically do anything to distract herself.
251 words | @Kurdran @Vivi @Aegis | clothing

#9Naga 

South Fishing Contest Empty Sun May 27, 2018 8:23 pm

Naga
The member 'Taylor' has done the following action : Spin

'Dice 100' : 26, 80, 38, 45, 51

#10Vivianna Mystcreek 

South Fishing Contest Empty Mon May 28, 2018 1:05 am

Vivianna Mystcreek
Seeing that Kurdran had noticed her, she couldn't help but chuckle as the man came towards her, his wet hair looking absoulutely fantastic. She was glad that she was recognized, and that the man seemed to be in good mood. "Glad to see you here too," she said, and then let out a sigh with a smile on his other comment. "I really am not."

Remembering the card she picked, which had nothing to do with winning in general, she decided to keep quiet and just shook with open palms and a playful face. The dwarf seemed to have gotten fired up, so why break it?

She watched the dwarf with the utmost attention, how he held the rod, how he swung it, and everything. While her attention was stolen by a younger girl around who seemed to be very excited, which Vivianna couldn't do anything but smile at, she quickly turned back to the dwarf. "Okay..." she whispered and came closer to the lake. This was it now. She swung the rod as wide as she could and prayed that it didn't catch on anyone's skin, and then, it was in the water. Vivianna's gaze became focused. Breathing in and out, she wanted to feel every single pull on the rod.
OH BOY HERE I GO
Come, try and remember.

#11Naga 

South Fishing Contest Empty Mon May 28, 2018 1:05 am

Naga
The member 'Vivianna Mystcreek' has done the following action : Spin

'Dice 100' : 3, 56, 85, 4, 43

#12Aegis 

South Fishing Contest Empty Mon May 28, 2018 9:36 am

Aegis

As he began to watch the other contestants start to roll out on boats and send their lines off the docks, he began to think of the plan. Instead of using the worms as bait, he decided to create his own lure without using magic to directly catch fish or interrupt the competition. Hold the fishing rod in the left hand, he held the hook in his right. He said something under his breath and within a few seconds released the, which now had a cyan coloured tint in the light as the sun came down from overhead.

"I guess I better put in the effort too." He said more stoically then complaining. After briefly checking behind him, he tensioned the rod back as far as he could muster. After a brief few seconds of waiting, he catapulted he put as far as he could. The hook landed in the water with a large *Plop* at a distance he estimated to be 4 meters away. His face had a expression on it that was both pleasantly surprised yet disappointed at his inability. "Shenanigans, but that's to be expected for a first try to guess." He then continued fishing as the competition truly began.

Fishing Score 1 + 1 + 1 + 1 + 5 = 9

Last edited by Aegis on Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in total

#13Naga 

South Fishing Contest Empty Mon May 28, 2018 9:36 am

Naga
The member 'Aegis' has done the following action : Spin

#1 'Dice 100' : 17

--------------------------------

#2 'Dice 100' : 22

#3 'Dice 100' : 6

#4 'Dice 100' : 25

#5 'Dice 100' : 73

#14Kurdran Briggs 

South Fishing Contest Empty Mon May 28, 2018 12:00 pm

Kurdran Briggs
With every pull and trust, and quite an amazing number of grunts, Kurdran pulled on his rod, pulling honestly quite a number of amazingly glistening Salmon. "Man, I didn`t even know it was the season for these!" He would have propably come here earlier to fish them up himself if he had known. He could not help but outright lick his lips as they flopped on the ground. With a brief smack on the head, the fish stopped struggling, and he could go back to fishing at high speeds.

After a couple of trouts, he pulled out one last salmon, and after giving them a pound as well, he laid on the ground, with his hair sprawling all over. "Ye know if we can keep these fishies, or do we need to donate em to charity?" He asked from the oracle near him. "Cause I know, I ain`t giving up these beauties!" He outright caressed the silvery scales of his most recent salmon. Man, these would be absolutely delicious. If he made them into something himself, the taste would be guaranteed to not be bland! But with those orchidean folks, who knew.

Noticing Viviannes bit smaller fish, he gave a smirk. "Looks like I beat fate, hehe! No offense of course..." He was clearly proud of himself. Perhaps Lilja had a point after all! though admittedly, he had not exactly seen her do the actual reading... Eh, may as well not ruin the mood. He proceeded to just hook the fishes he got onto his rod, as he lifted them up like some kind of knapsack. "Ye wanna come and eat with me? We got fresh meat on the menu!" It was clear the dwarf didn`t hold any grudges for her prediction. He proceeded to shout towards the other folks too. "You guys are invited too! If ye afraid of dwarven cooking that is, hehe!" The salmon had clearly gone into his head and mohawk. They outright seemed a bit bigger.

3/3 exit.

Fish counter (edited in CAUSE I FORGOT IT!):

#15Taylor 

South Fishing Contest Empty Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:22 pm

Taylor
Taylor
The Bringer Of Terror
Taylor had just sat there. And waited. Of course, there wasn't much to do while she waited for the fish to come in, but she couldn't help but think about what she was going to do once she ended up catching the fish. She didn't know what was going to happen, or if they were going to start flipping out once she pulled them out of the water. She was prepared to catch the biggest fish in the lake, and she was going to put all of her strength into pulling it up.

When the time came around for her to pull up the fish, she didn't really have to put much effort into reeling them in. They were all decent sized, but they weren't what she wanted. Once she had caught five they had brought them back in and tallied up all the points, telling her that she had lost. "WHAT?! NO, THIS CAN'T BE POSSIBLE. I DEMAND A REMATCH! LET ME BACK OUT THERE!" she was always a sore loser, but this contest she really didn't want to lose. She had no idea how to do it anyways, but then she thought about the fact that the other contestant's numbers not being much higher than hers. She didn't do too bad, and she could go back home feeling okay about herself instead of shitting on everyone else's day.

~Exit~
230 words | @Kurdran @Vivi @Aegis | clothing

#16Vivianna Mystcreek 

South Fishing Contest Empty Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:00 am

Vivianna Mystcreek
"A-aah..."

Vivianna didn't need to hear the points being announced to know that she lost. Looking at the fish she caught and then Kurdran's, hers were almost cute. There were several times where she couldn't manage to feel one in, and sometimes she had felt so bad after the struggle that she had let the fish go before even reeling. Looking at the swirling little ones in her bucket. "Well they don't even look like they would make much food," she whispered. Kurdran was already planning a fish meal with everyone around, Vivianna guessed it was because of the vigor he got from his success at the contest.

Lifting her head to look around, the two people close to her didn't seem to be doing great either. The young girl seemed to be angry, probably her fish was also small like hers, while Vivianna couldn't tell anything about the other man. She turned to Kurdran, "You can take mine too, they are small but still," she said. He was probably a better cook than her anyway. "I will have to pass on the offer sadly," she added looking apologetic. "I think I'm in the mood for just resting now," she said while stretching.

Walking towards the contest area, she learned how many points she had gotten, and then slowly lost herself at the streets of Orchidia. It's been no doubt a tough day, she dreamed of some strawberry cake...

Fish Points:
Exit.
Come, try and remember.

#17Akira Shimada 

South Fishing Contest Empty Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Akira Shimada
Congratulations, Kurdran Briggs has won 500 points.

South Fishing Contest Signature6

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum