Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anklebiters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

#51Nastasya 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:09 am

Nastasya
She hurried after Evangeline while helping Cedric and holding her spear for the last anklebiters that were around and managed to escape Eva. Her breath came in short as she was carrying a heavy armour and pulled an ill man with her. He seemed to have lost the power her before and she was worried that the same happened to Eva. She looked at her back and was glad to notice the part where they had started. Where they were ambushed. She let go of Cedric for a matter, "Let's take care of your wounds first. I do apologize for fighting you like that." She felt bad about herself she had no idea how to hold in with her own power and it would be a clean defeat if it was that easy.

She took the medicine out of her dimensional pocket and handed some to Eva. "Take care of yourself I will keep an eye out." She held on to her spear and she sure as hell would scream at the lieutenant at this place. Sending two people without any further investigation. It was ridiculous. It was much more than ridiculous. They could have died all three of them but by acting smart and by not being understood it was easy and only thanks to that they could run back into Orchidia and hurry to the office.

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya
#52Evangeline 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:23 am

Evangeline
Eva didn’t say much when Alice apologized for the fight. Eva didn’t see why she had to say sorry at all. If Eva couldn’t defend, it was her own incompetence and in this case, lack of her magic power. She was out of spells and power before she knew it. On top of that, her magic wasn’t even listening to her.

Eva did manage to say a thanks when Alice gave her the medicine and from there, they took a short break before walking towards the office back in town. They were going to have to make a report on how the anklebiters would have to be taken care of with someone having high fire magic, or even more than one if they wanted to take out the whole town.

As they hurried, Eva finally decided to say something. “Once this is over, Alice, let’s go out and get something to eat. I think I have to tell you something,” she told her. When they reached the office, Eva filled out the report along with Alice, writing in all the details except for one thing that she kept back. She didn’t think it would be good to let someone in their department know that she lost her magic.

Anklebiters - Page 3 R1pERCr
#53Nastasya 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:37 am

Nastasya
The last part was the heaviest because she was so tired of holding up Cedric that it was no fun anymore. There was a sigh of relief once she spotted the office and she would push herself to continue and to drop the fire mage on a seat in the hallway. She commanded someone to take care of him. That's when she finally could focus back on Eva. "Sure thing." She gave her a worried smile because it felt like something was wrong. While she let Eva fill in the papers she took the lieutenant apart and she went to yell at him because this was ridiculous. There was no way to send just two mages and also no fire mages which was the most ridiculous thing and she was mad and everyone was allowed to hear it. This man needed to tone down.

"And if you ever think again that women are incapable of doing anything. It was the two of us that got out of our prison and managed to escape by making a plan. You should pin that in that pretty little brain of yours. And make sure to wait for the report I am sending to the headquarters about your stupidity." She might not be lieutenant yet or might never become one but she wouldn't let this slide ever. She finally changed back in front of this man his eyes into her regular clothes. The puncture wound again visible on her arm, the skin still red. She noticed that he had seen her magic as he stared at her. Yes ReQuip was rare and he had just offended one. "Let's go Eva. This is no longer our business."

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya
#54Evangeline 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:06 am

Evangeline
Eva heard Alice’s voice while she filled all the details in, shaking her head as the lieutenant gave petty excuses now and then. That man was way over his head. She listened in to some of it even as she finished the report and gave it to a page for further needs. By the time Alice was done chewing him out, Eva’s mood was slightly better but she was still worried for her powers. Just as Alice’s requip magic fell away, Eva remembered that she could no longer feel anything. The urgency of the situation had helped her call out some wind powers when they were getting away. But now, sitting down in safety, Eva couldn’t feel anything. The gate that once opened without he needing to tap at it was not even visible in Eva’s mind’s eye anymore.

She followed Alice out of the office afterwards. “Alice, I think…I think I have lost my magic,” she told her, sighing. “I don’t think it was anklebiters or anything. Somehow, these last few days, I had been feeling a resistance whenever I tried to use it. I thought it was fatigue but I don’t think that’s the case anymore. I feel like I have really lost it.”

#55Nastasya 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:17 am

Nastasya
As she was done she asked Eva to come alone and marched out of the Rune Knight office as if she owned the place and she couldn't care less that she didn't. She had been proud to be a knight but lately she could see that things needed a different prospective and she was sure as hell going to work on that the moment she would be lieutenant it that was still up for debate. If anyone got word on what happened with the Fairy Tail Guildhall and that she had been present the next morning, who knew what would happen to hear and leave out the worries for Konstantin.

They were not far out of the office when Evangeline spoke to her about her worries and Alice turned pale. There was one thing she always dreaded and that was losing things. Her memory being the most important and magic was a close second. "But how, the fire mage lost it thanks to the anklebiters are you sure it is not just that?" She was sure Eva was sure because such a feeling you didn't make up. That was ridiculous. She bit her lip, she felt horrible for her friend. Maybe they could find a healer?

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya
#56Evangeline 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:03 am

Evangeline
“I’m sure it wasn’t just that,” she told Alice as they walked. “It had been something like this for a while now. Ever since I arrived in Orchidia, there had been a slight resistance in my magic usage,” she said and took a deep breath. “My magic works on a contract basis. I get powers from the Wind spirits through the contract I have with their God. It might be funny to say but even though I call it a contract, I don’t know what the terms are,” she paused to look up at Alice. She wasn’t sure how to explain this without giving Alice most of her history.

“How do I say this…I don’t remember how I got this power. My memories of that time are somehoe wiped clean,” she continued. It took Eva a lot of courage to relay something like this to someone. She was so used to bottling everything up that even though she was crying inside from losing her magic, she gave away nothing. “I don’t know if I will get it back anymore. Maybe the terms in the contract have been broken,” she told her. “Maybe I will have to go where it all began”.

#57Nastasya 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:08 am

Nastasya
Alice frowned a bit, because she didn't want to say anything judging. Considering she hadn't been there at the time and all she had no idea how the magic worked and how she got the contract but it was a bit stupid to not know the terms. She didn't believe in a god but considering what Eva said, she should and she could believe that someone like a God wouldn't want to go into the details of a contract. She held her breath when Eva told her that her memory was wiped clean of that time that she got her magic. It might not be the same but this time, she understood exactly how that worked and felt. "That must have been awful. I hate not remembering anything. To tell you the truth, I lost my memory two years ago and I barely can remember anything. Sure it's different from yours and I do get flash backs but I do understand your frustration. If you broke things from your contract, don't blame yourself too much from it, you didn't know." she said, stopping in track because she wanted to make sure Evangeline was alright and that her feelings would reach her clearly. "Perhaps if you can find that place, it is best to go back and see for yourself." That would mean that there were answers and just in Alice her case there were answers. Answers in the form of Lacie.

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya
#58Evangeline 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:19 am

Evangeline
Indeed, Eva didn’t know a thing about her magic. In her memories, it was always there. She had heard Anemoi’s voice as a child. She had trained with his voice always at the back of her head. However, as years passed, Eva felt the connection weaken and weaken. Before, Anemoi would appear in her mind just by thinking of him, now she had to call him and wait for several minutes or even hours before he answered her. At that moment, though, it was all gone.

“It truly is frustrating,” knowing that Alice had the same problem as her comforted her a little. It meant that she could talk to her about it. “The worst part truly is that I do not know the terms. I have asked him several times but he never told me anything. He avoided it, sometimes scolded me and sometimes just went quiet. Even as I was slowly falling out with my magic, he had answered none of my calls. I can only guess that the answer to this laid within the place that it all started in,” she said, sighing. They were close to the diner now. Eva was glad that she could finally eat something and maybe they could even stop by a clinic and have Alice checked up.

#59Nastasya 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:24 am

Nastasya
Alice looked up at the sky as they were walking. She frowned some more because she wished that there was a simple answer awaiting for them and they could just be done with it, but it was impossible to just come up and scream out the name of her contractor especially if she needed to go to the place where it all started, "Well considering you can't do anything now, and that you can't get contact, it might be the best indeed to go back to the first point. But keep in mind that it might not return at all. I don't want to make you more sad, but it's better to expect nothing than to be hurt once more." maybe hurt was a harsh word to say right now but Alice didn't want Evangeline to be sad more if it didn't return at all.

She noticed the tavern and pointed it out, "Let's go here. It's busy, so we can talk without people listening in." she said with a sweet and assuring smile and she would wait for Evangeline her approval before simply going in and ask a table for two in one of the corners which was fine. She wanted to be invisible for a couple of hours. Had she been annoyed before she left Magnolia, her mood had not become better today but talking to Evangeline made her calm down, her worries were just worries nothing more and she should let it go. "Is it far, the place where you would have to go?" She couldn't imagine how it would feel to lose her magic, even if she had it for just about a year, maybe longer, close to that two years. She had to practice while she couldn't remember anything.

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya
#60Evangeline 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:37 am

Evangeline
“Haaah, I know,” she chuckled. It was strange how silly she was seeing this even thought she should be screaming or crying or even throwaing a tantrum like a normal person. She wondered if she didn’t realize what losing her magic meant. Or, maybe her mind was unconsciously rejecting it, seeing the reality as nothing but a delusion. Eva wasn’t sure but she was still talking like a sane person. “I know that the chance of it coming back is not definite. I won’t expect it but it is still frustrating. How could it happen just like that?” Honestly, it wasn’t so out of nowhere as Eva made it seem. She had expected this to happen at some point. Her rational side had seen this coming but her impulsive side, with her love for the magic, had denied it.

She followed Alice into the tavern and took her seat opposite to her. “It is quite far, yes, but it is also near,” She told Alice. “It’s Era, my hometown. I’ll have to go back there and visit my home,” Eva sighed, feeling another onslaught of headache thinking of how she was going to see her distraught family. “If I never get my magic back, I’m thinking of quitting Rune Knights,” she dropped it with a slight fidget. It wasn’t like she wanted to but without her magic, she wasn’t sure how she could do her job and juggle her other work with it.

#61Nastasya 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Nastasya
"I do understand it is frustrated. I mean I couldn't imagine what you are going through, it is so much more, I don't even know how long you have had that magic, I'm not even so long, a little over a year and I couldn't imagine that I would lose it and mine is only to just grab items and nothing more." She didn't know what to answer about the why it was happening part, it was impossible to answer this question as the contract was unknown, she would still blame the anklebiters. But if she had had the problem before, it would not be the anklebiters and that would make sense.

She would take her seat at the table and grab one of the menus. She handed the other menu to Eva and was just wondering what she should do about the talk, it wasn't really a positive one but it would be mean to just change it to another one. "Era is not that far. I don't have a spot even to stay." she tried to laugh it off a little but it didn't matter, "It's close enough to get answers." She was a bit distressed about the fact that Eva would leave her but it would make sense, she thoguht about people fighting with weapons, adventurers but it was so different. "I rather hope you find another solution."

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya
#62Evangeline 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 9:46 pm

Evangeline
Eva left her eyes to wander through the menu absentmindedly. She wasn’t sure that if she even wanted to eat anything at that moment. She felt the headache come in at full force but tried to not show it for the sake of appearing alright. She didn’t want to squirm and grown in front of a dinner table, especially when she had someone else with her. She did, however, rub her temples a little before placing her order for some curry rice, the spicy kind.

“Indeed. Era isn’t far. I would like to make a stop there as soon as I can and get some answers. I am not hundred percent sure my answers are there. It is, yet another effort placed on top of hope. But I don’t want to look back and say I didn’t do anything,” she replied, letting the silence slightly overtake them for a little. “But enough about me. I’m pretty sure that after your performance today, the Magic Council will surely take notice of your capabilities, Alice. Compared to someone who lost her magic and zoned off for the whole situation, you are much better. I only hope that I can somehow fix myself as well, or get used to the fact that I’ll never get my magic back”.

#63Nastasya 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Fri Jul 28, 2017 10:15 pm

Nastasya
Alice still had not made a decision about what to eat. She glared at the menu as if it did something wrong to her as she tried to think about what she liked for dinner today. In the end she picked a fried rice with some vegetables and called it a day. She would just order some water again for next to it, though she might have thought about a wine if she was sure she could handle that right now. But she didn't want to lose her focus.

"Exactly. Besides it's most important to think about yourself. I can handle our team members. They all know where I am. Judina is here, she came with me and T.K. well I invited him in case he didn't want to stay in Magnolia and since he is so close to Isabella, I'm sure she knows. Get your time, figure it out." She wished she could do more for Eva but that wasn't possible and she would have to just deal with it. It wasn't that big of a problem as Eva her own.

It was a bit silent between the two of them, but she let that be because the conversations asked for it. "I'm always happy to train. I hope they take my yelling into action for that one guy. Wouldn't mind replacing him." she said with a grin. She thought about her own actions as well, maybe she ahd been good but she had been poisoned and yet walked on to be captured. Maybe, if she had not been hurt they wouldn't be captured in the first place, it was something she didn't dare to say out loud.

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya
#64Evangeline 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Mon Jul 31, 2017 11:19 pm

Evangeline
Eva made a thoughtful expression. Alice was right. She was going to have to figure this one out all by herself. She did trust in Alice to take care of everything while she took care of these problems. Era wasn’t all too far either and Hanase would definitely understand. Eva nodded. “You’re right. It’s not like an answer is mysteriously going to appear in front of me anyway. I will go to Era and see what can be done about this,” she said, picking at the curry rice that just arrived.

Eva still had a lot of things going through her head. The anxiety of losing her magic, despite not showing it, was wrecking a havoc inside her head. There were so many things that could go wrong with a reality that she didn’t want to face.

“Haha of course. Actually, it would be better if you did replace him. I think you are almost there, anyway. After the report of this incident goes through, I think you can expect some results,” Eva said as she finished her meal, again trying to hide her worry for the magical powers she had lost. “I think I will go and pack for my trip to Era now. It was a nice day despite all the near death experiences. I owe you my life, too. I’ll see you again, Alice,” Eva said as she got up, paid for her half or both of their meals if permitted and left.

-exit-

#65Nastasya 

Anklebiters - Page 3 Empty Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:18 am

Nastasya
Alice looked at Evangeline with worry on her face but there was nothing more that she could do, "If you need me, send me a letter. I will pack quickly and come. Don't be afraid to ask, that's what friends are for." she said with a sweet smile because she meant that. She probably had people to count on, apart from Konstantin but she wanted to make sure that Evangeline felt that she could count on Alice, even if it was for just staying here and eyeing the team or if it was there to be with her as she was trying to find answers.

She let Evangeline think, there wasn't much else that she could do but sit there and be a listening ear if Evangeline wanted it. In the end she decided to leave and Alice couldn't blame her, she did let Evangeline pay for her if she wanted, hoping she would forget the whole: I saved your life part. She was also the one that brought it into danger. She was left alone and sighed, she did not feel right about not being able to do anything, so she finished her food quickly and left soon after that. Maybe she would find a way to be of more support. But she first had a few things to arrange right now.

Exit.

#8e1ed ~ Nastasya

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum