Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shop Items

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Caius 

Shop Items Empty Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:11 pm

Caius
Basically at some point everyone wants a shop item cause most of them are SO COOL! However when the item is put up, it's more of a first come first serve kind of deal. It puts mods at an advantage since they know when it's added(guilty of this before) and people who are free depending on the time zone.

Basically suggesting when an item is posted, give people 24 hours so everyone has a chance. Everyone who posts to buy it in that time frame then have a roll off for it or something. When 24 hours passes and nobody posts to buy it, it becomes first come first serve. Mostly for unique items

Last edited by Caius on Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

Hi I'm Caius
#2Noel 

Shop Items Empty Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:19 am

Noel

I understand your concern; and you are right. Though do keep in mind that mods would get accused of fixing this as well - making this uncomfortable for anyone. Considering this, I have the following suggestion:

- Whenever a shop with first-come-first-serve is setup:
-- 2 people who pick the same item, or want to buy the same item get to have an opportunity to do a greed roll. This greed roll could be done in Discord as some moderators have the ability to edit messages; doing this would remove any chance of it being fixed.

Now there's two ways about doing this;
1. Members can do it without having mods to enforce it - so they would fix it themselves, by discussing this OOC and doing it themselves
For example:
1.1 - Muzi and Bob both want a limited pet. They both post within 12hrs that they want to buy it; they take it OOC and discuss that they could both do a diceroll in Discord to see who ultimately gets to buy the item. Them being both gentlemen consider it all wrapped up once Muzi gets picked by the lewdbot in Discord, Bob removes his post and Muzi gets to buy the item.

2. I'd have to hit up Shinsei about this and we'd need to discuss details about making a new rule that supports this and a new discord channel for dice rolls or whatever.

edit: It seems like people are in favor of option 2; that mods can enforce this 'rule' if required.

I've forwarded this idea in Discord, see:
https://i.gyazo.com/0dcb725767a8d7dbb08747e401f81cdc.png

Once I get a response I'll get back to you

#3Tenshi † 

Shop Items Empty Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:54 am

Tenshi †
Hey there! Let me go ahead and dress these concerns.

Now, first and foremost. The site this time around is broken into two divisions. We have Review, and we have Development. Review is not in the know of anything that is going on in Development, and vice versa. Development is the group (as of now) who are creating the items for the shop.

As for the items- I can see what you're saying, to an extent. Anyone who has RP'd understands that fixing goes on. However, for many of the lower end items (Common/Uncommon), they're all very similar. Small changes to make each unique and each one will be best for specific "Styles", but similar. When it comes to rare and legendary items, well, I can see the concern.

A small problem with the 24 hour wait will be the limited amounts of these items. Rare and Legendary items will be just that, and deserving of their title. It's entirely possible that Development (or Review if we make it a general 24 hours no staff rule) could very well see themselves without the opportunity.

This is a serious concern that I'm sure many members share in, and it's something we'll try to balance out moving forward. We do not want any members feeling as if they're losing out specifically because the staff knew it was happening and beat them to the punch. As we find ways around this, we'll be sure to make them public to ensure that the member base agrees with whatever steps we take.

Thank you for your suggestion, and I hope this sounds fair.

Shop Items D09aavQ
#4Tenshi † 

Shop Items Empty Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:01 am

Tenshi †
As an added note-

We'll likely be using the Greed Roll system (as seen in the Halloween shop) for items that fit the criteria. I think that's pretty fair.

Shop Items D09aavQ
#5Tenshi † 

Shop Items Empty Sat Nov 19, 2016 2:39 pm

Tenshi †
This thread has been answered and conversation has ended. It will now be moved.

Shop Items D09aavQ

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum