Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lost Origins [Storyline Chapter 1]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Fei Yu 

Lost Origins [Storyline Chapter 1] Empty Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:19 pm

Fei Yu
Some say a person's origins are a driving force in helping them overcome trials that would otherwise break them. Perhaps it is because of the various emotions it can invoke in a person that during these moments a person finds themselves emboldened. Then for a moment, ponder about the following scenario: What if someone lost their origins? In a way one could say that the origins of a person are a driving force, a part of their identity. Then if someone lost their origins, wasn't that akin to losing a part of oneself?

That was how Yu Ming felt ever since she awoke in that field of flowers that day. That eerie awareness that something was missing, something she couldn't exactly describe, but at the same time she was clearly aware it was missing. Some might have called it Amnesia, but she felt there was more about this situation, and with only her name as a lone clue about her past the girl inevitably returned to her homeland: The capital city of Sin: Tianjing.

However, it was there her problems already began: How in the world would she be able to find anyone who might know more about her past?

WC: 200
Total WC: 200/1600

#2Fei Yu 

Lost Origins [Storyline Chapter 1] Empty Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:26 pm

Fei Yu
In the end, she had to fall back to the oldest of methods to try to obtain the answers she sought: Socialize! To others it must had been a peculiar sight, seeing the small Fae approach various people and ask if they had heard the name Yu Ming before, but despite the fact she tried diligently, after most of the day had passed with no results to back up her efforts even she started to get dishearted.

"Yu Ming?" A man had just overheard her failed attempt as she turned to face him. Honestly just looking at the man she couldn't help but feel that the term 'Gorgeous' would fit him so well. A handsome young man clad in the finest of silks with a presence that could fit right in with the imperial court.

"Are you looking for someone?" The man's question made her focus once more, a swift shake of her head following as she explained 'she' was Yu Ming, to which the man tilted his head to the side in confusion. "Huh?" But when hearing the rest of her tale the man's confusion turned into a thoughtful frown of worry. "Amnesia? It is not unheard of for that to happen, so you been searching the entire day for someone who might recognize you hmm?"

Yu nodded her head sheepishly in response to the question.

WC: 200
Total WC: 400/1600

#3Fei Yu 

Lost Origins [Storyline Chapter 1] Empty Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:34 pm

Fei Yu
The man seemed to ponder for a moment, after which he spoke with a smile. "Let's go and search around for clues then, shall we? The townsfolk might be easier to approach if a local is with you." Hearing these encouraging words Yu smiled brightly, nodding her head lightly as she followed the man.

Despite the fact her forces had doubled, she still wasn't able to find anyone who might had heard her name before, and when dusk started to finally settle and the duo took a short break from all the moving around the man hummed softly. "Don't be discouraged Yu, the capital is huge! I'm sure we'll find someone who might recognize you or have heard your name before. Do you recall anything aside from your name?"

To which Yu shook her head lightly, thinking it was best not to tell him about the fairies or the mysterious voice, he likely wouldn't believe her anyway. "I didn't have the chance to ask earlier, but why are you helping me? It's not like I can pay you for your time..."

But the nobleman merely laughed at these words. "Don't worry about that Yu, I always find it interesting to meet new people, and I make it a habit to put in effort to get to know these I think are fascinating~ Besides, a girl with no memories wandering the capital in search of her past? That sounds like a epic in the making! I, Renshi would never permit myself to miss such a story!"

A soft giggle escaped her lips at the genuine answer of the man, feeling more at ease now that she had heard his reason for helping her. But little did she expect that things would take a turn for the interesting soon afterwards!

WC: 300
Total WC: 700/1600

#4Fei Yu 

Lost Origins [Storyline Chapter 1] Empty Thu Jan 11, 2024 8:22 pm

Fei Yu
Because it appeared that Renshi had an idea of his own! "Well, if asking around doesn't get us anywhere, then perhaps it's time we broaden our network."

Hearing these words Yu tilted her head slightly to the side in bewilderment, trying to comprehend the idea the man was developing in his mind right now. Noticing her confusion he grinned at her. "In the capital knowing people is often as important as being powerful can be on the battlefield. While we could go around searching for someone who by chance might recognize you... Wouldn't it be easier if we had more people?"

So he wanted to enlist the help of others? But she didn't even know anyone! Before she could even state that sad truth Renshi grinned at her. "And that is where you can leave it to me~ In fact I think I spot one of my friends over there."

Renshi pointed toward the street up ahead where she saw a group of people walking into their direction, among them a man in armor, likely a guard who had just finished his patrol. It seemed this was the friend Renshi spoke of, for the moment the guard spotted Renshi he raised a hand in a wave and the two exchanged greetings. Renshi was quick to explain the situation to his friend, and afterwards decided to introduce Yu to him.

The guard smiled at her, when he replied to Renshi's inquiry. "Hmm Yu Ming you say? That isn't an easy task you got ahead of you. If you had like a family name to go by it might be easier, but... Wait."

Seemingly realizing something Yu looked hopeful at the man who hesitated to speak for a moment. "What is it sir, did you recall something?"

The guard paused, an awkward smile on his face while he raised a hand to the back of his head, rubbing it lightly and soon clarified further. "If I recall right someone I know has a daughter that shares your name."

Renshi seemed to realizes something was off. "Then why didn't you say so earlier?" To which the man replied embarrassedly. "How do you expect me to keep a straight face in front of a young lady when you're asking me for directions to a courtesan!"

Ah... so the person he knew... was... looking at him with a deadpan expression the sight of the Fae made the man groan softly "Please don't look at me as if you just saw something grotesque!"

WC: 400
Total WC: 1100/1600

#5Fei Yu 

Lost Origins [Storyline Chapter 1] Empty Fri Jan 12, 2024 6:18 pm

Fei Yu
With Renshi laughing heartily at the situation Yu's expression softened in a faint smile as she replied. "At least you helped us find a clue about my past. You have my gratitude for that Mister Guard."

Upon hearing her words the guard smiled warmly at her. "You're welcome Yu, but it isn't Mister Guard, my name is Sangoon." A name, it carried some sort of importance tied to a person. In a way it was difficult to describe it in words, but in a certain sense it was a part of one's identity. As such the fact he allowed her to call him by name could be deemed as a sign of their building friendship. But they had only met just now!

Noticing her hesitation Sangoon explained with a grin. "A friend of Renshi is a friend of mine, if you're ever in troubles feel free to seek me out Yu, I'll do my best to help ya."

WC: 170

#6Fei Yu 

Lost Origins [Storyline Chapter 1] Empty Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:52 pm

Fei Yu
And with that the man excused himself. Of course he likely couldn't stay much longer, since his shift had finished maybe he had to go home? Perhaps he even had a family that waited for him. With these thoughts in mind Yu saw him walk away while turning her attention back toward Renshi.

"Let us take a moment to go over what we learned so far Yu." Renshi's suggestion made Yu nod her head slightly in agreement as the two took a seat at a bench on the plaza they were on. "While we haven't been able to find anyone who recognized you, according to Sangoon there is a courtesan in the red light district who has a daughter that shares your name."

That could possibly be a huge clue to pursue! But at the same time she was nervous on the idea of meeting the person who might be her mother. Was it because she couldn't remember her? What type of parent had she been? What type of family did Yu have? So many questions and concerns lingered in the back of her mind, but at the same time she genuinely felt that it was better than dealing with that seerie emptiness that currently filled her memories.

WC: 212

#7Fei Yu 

Lost Origins [Storyline Chapter 1] Empty Mon Jan 15, 2024 10:53 pm

Fei Yu
"That seems to be all we learned so far." Yu stated with a thoughtful frown as she watched Renshi stand up. "Well no time like the present~ Let us go and try to track down your mother, shall we? If Sangoon is right then I think I know where she works."

Upon hearing these words Yu inquired with a hint of curiosity. "Do you visit such places as well Renshi?" The man shook his head with a grin. "Nah, but some of the maidservants of the court tend to be 'recruited' from the red light district."

So that was why he knew about the place. "Shall we get going Yu?" Yu nodded her head lightly, gathering her courage as she stood up but the moment she stepped next to the man she couldn't help but feel a chill down her spine.

"Is something the matter Yu?" The man's question made her gaze around, her expression clearly betraying worry. She had felt something, like as if someone was staring intensely at her but when looking around she couldn't see anything that was out of place. People were going about their business as normal, and there was nobody staring at her.

"I... no, I'm fine, let us get going Renshi." Was it merely her imagination playing a prank on her? It could had been, but for some reason even after they left the plaza she couldn't shake off that feeling of being watched. Maybe she could figure out later what the source of that peculiar feeling actually was, but until then she would simply continue her search.

Renshi guided her along the streets, giving her a quick warning. "Try to stay close to me Yu, despite the fact the capital is fairly safe, the red light district isn't exactly the safest of havens. Crimes do happen, especially here, but as long as you stay near me people won't be stupid enough to try anything.

WC: 330
Total WC: +1800

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum