Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Rinni Faithe 

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest) Empty Thu May 06, 2021 10:19 am

Rinni Faithe

The

Blood

Moon

Rinni and Tempris had yet again received a letter from Doctor Gerard. However, something was off with this letter. Gerard had requested to meet the girls in an alleyway after sundown. If this was anyone else, Rinni would be suspicious of such a request. However, she knew Doctor Gerard quite well by now and this was uncharacteristic of him. Something must be wrong. The Werewolf made arrangements with Tempris to meet up at the alley after sundown in order to discover what was going on.

As Rinni reached the alleyway, she caught the familiar scent of Gerard, but when she saw him he was in... disguise? He was dressed as a civilian and had a hat on concealing his eyes. If it wasn't for her keen sense of smell she probably wouldn't have recognized him. She also caught the familiar scent of ash and cinders in the air, signifying that Tempris was nearby as well.

As soon as Tempris made her appearance, Rinni would look at Gerard and be the first to speak. "Hey, this is an... unusual place to meet with you, Doctor. What's going on?"

Gerard shushed her and beckoned the girls to come closer, so as to make it easier to talk with them. "I didn't want this to come back to me, hence the disguise and the choice of location. So, you remember that boar? I managed to create an antidote from it. But I also discovered the source of the disease is the water coming from the very stream you found this boar."

Rinni shared a look with Tempris. If Tempris doesn't speak, Rinni will then say to Gerard, "The water is polluted? How could that have happened?"

Regardless of who speaks, Gerard will answer with, "Ever since they first made an impact on Baska, I've had a great deal of mistrust towards the Cold Collier's gang, as their leader harbors a great deal of resentment towards the city due to a mining accident years ago, in which many men died under a pretense of receiving a large sum of jewels when they finished. I would have never thought them capable of anything wide-spread but, with the sudden appearance of the new 'violent plague', I want to know if my suspicions are true. So, could you help me yet again, and investigate the cave in which the stream flows from... and see if the Cold Collier's Gang is involved in this widespread pandemic?"

Rinni would agree and wait for Tempris to voice her opinion. Once all conversing was complete, the girls would head back to the stream together and follow it until they reached the cave in which it flowed from. They would then enter together. If it is too dark to see clearly, Rinni will take the lead, fully utilizing her ability to see in the dark. She would also move soundlessly, keeping herself from getting noticed should the gang be in here.

WC 360/1,000

"Goddamn right, you should be scared of me."

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest) Format,gif
Fiorian #00ffcc, Encan #ffcc66, Candy #ff99ff
Theme Song
#2Tempris 

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest) Empty Thu May 06, 2021 2:45 pm

Tempris

Tempris was notified of another letter from Rinni. The Illness was still spreading around but the knights seemed to have found their groove in helping the people. Tempris's paper work was lessened due to the lack of changes regarding her people but it was still exhausting to have to get up so early and process work. Tempris had half a mind to not even help the good old doc but with the circumstance around this, he was beginning to seem like a criminal and she was more then ready to execute her god given right purge him, especially after covering her in blood. She still was shivering over the matter.

Because of the nature of the meeting, Tempris opted to not go in uniform. Instead her covered herself in her dark cloak and work a darker dress underneath. She also, reluctantly left her veil at home and let her blonde hair roll off her shoulders. It was weird not having her head covered. It felt... cold. After arriving the man came out and explained the situation.

"Really..." she muttered. Sure it would make sense... but why would such information need to be told in secret. If anything this should be told to the Rune Knight. In fact, she was a rune knight. Did the man not realize that if what he was doing was illegal, she would be the first to judge him in the flames of Illumin.

"Cold Collier's Gang. I heard of them though they arn't active in my district." Tempris said while folding her arms. To think some knights would loose sight of their responsibilities so easily but she wasn't allowed to go off and take down people. It was blasphemy. "I have a good idea on where to find the heretics. Follow me."

Tempris led Rinni to the stream before pointing out the location of a cave nearby. "That's the cave, according to the reports I read." When Rinni tried to enter the cave, Tempris stopped her. "Wait, if we go in now, we might miss out on finding evidence of their wrong doing. Plus, we don't even know if there is a trap inside."

WC:365

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest) Charlotta-granblue-stance-by-ucantw1nLet all heretics be purged by my holy flames.
Tempris Ashflare #ff3366
#3Rinni Faithe 

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest) Empty Thu May 06, 2021 5:21 pm

Rinni Faithe

The

Blood

Moon

Just as Rinni was about to set foot in the cave, Tempris stopped her in her tracks. Rinni turned toward the younger girl and asked, "What?" just as the child pointed out a few vital details. If they go in there blindly, they could be walking into a trap. And failure to properly investigate the area could lead to missing out on key evidence to the crime. The girl was quite well informed for her age, making Rinni glad she brought her along as a partner. Nodding in agreement she backed up and put her hand on her hip.

"Hm, you have a point. Okay! How about we hide here and wait? Sooner or later they're bound to show up, right? And if not... then Gerard is just being paranoid and everything's fine." The Werewolf reasoned. She then looked around for a decent hiding spot and opted to lay low behind a massive rock and a few bushes, a tall tree covering her flank. Once she was convinced she was well hidden, she stayed motionless. With the girls hidden from sight, all that was left to do was wait.

The wait was long and boring. Nothing was happening at all. No animals, no people. It was dead quiet. Rinni gave a small yawn of boredom as she repositioned herself into a more comfortable position. If this Gang was involved, what the hell was taking them so long to show up?

Several hours passed and it was almost dawn. Rinni was drifting to sleep where she sat and gave a big yawn. If Tempris was hiding close by, Rinni would whisper to her, "Maybe Doctor Gerard really is being para-" Suddenly, she would hear footsteps in the grass and the scent of two strangers approaching reached her nose. She waved her hand to silence Tempris if she was speaking and then watched to see what the men would do.

They were whispering among each other and hadn't seemed to notice the two spies in the area. Her amber eyes were glued to the suspects as they pulled out a potion vial of some kind. To her horror, they poured the contents into the source of the outbreak. So he wasn't paranoid after all! This entire incident was truly created by the Cold Colliars! They needed to report this incident to Doctor Gerard straight away, but they couldn't move until the men were out of sight.

Rinni waited patiently, hoping Tempris would do the same. They watched as the Gang members left the area, laughing and talking of their misdeeds as though it were a sick game to them. Once she was distant enough for their smell to not be that strong to Rinni's sensitive nose, the girl stepped out of hiding and looked at her partner. "Did you see that? Looks like Doctor Gerard isn't a paranoid old kook after all." She folded her arms listening to any input from Tempris.

Rinni would then hurry back to the alley where Gerard was waiting for them. Undetected by the Gang, the girls had managed to discover the truth behind the madness. As they reached Gerard, Rinni took it upon herself to tell him what they had discovered, pausing here and there to allow Tempris to put in her input on the situation. "It was them. You were right. They were pouring some kind of potion into the stream."

The Doctor frowned at the news and became silent, stroking his chin in thought with his index finger and thumb. This was very disturbing. If they could do this much damage with just a potion... what were they planning? What did they get out of this? And where did they even obtain such a potion? So many questions left unanswered. After a few moments of contemplation, Gerard nodded and thanked the young women for their help. He paid them each and they bid him farewell.

Who knew what the future held, but things were starting to get interesting. Rinni was convinced at this point that this wouldn't be the last time they assist the good doctor. There was something far more sinister afoot. And she aimed to get to the bottom of it, one way or another.

WC: 1,000/1,000

"Goddamn right, you should be scared of me."

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest) Format,gif
Fiorian #00ffcc, Encan #ffcc66, Candy #ff99ff
Theme Song
#4Tempris 

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest) Empty Fri May 07, 2021 11:51 pm

Tempris

Rinni was a smart girl for sure. Most people in the knights underestimated Tempris, but she had her way of pushing her point. That would be for another time. Has Rinni ran off to hide, Tempris found a large tree and bush to sit behind. This would take a while and Rinni was a doggo so she was sure she could relax and maybe say a prayer.

Wishing for many heretics to cleanse, Tempris waited quietly in her spot. Her sword rested in the ground so that the flames would not alert people to her location. Rinni was just as quiet though Tempris could not see her location but she assume the woman was around somewhere with her noise to the ground... or maybe in the air. Never the less, nothing was happening. Tempris shifted from looking around to praying and back over and over. It was starting to look like this was going to be failed steak out.

However, Rinni noticed some footsteps and the smell of some people. Tempris fought the urge to jump out and capture the people walking around. They had to wait and even Rinni knew that. After spreading apart some leaves, she saw two heretics pull out a bottle and poor it into the water. To think the doctor was not making up a story. Everything he said was true. It was not fair. It would have been so easy just to arrest if not punish the doctor. Now she had to do actual work and maybe report this to superiors. Then again, if she solved this mystery, she could take all the credit and get the other knight in trouble. A wide grinned creeped on her face.

"Yes, this is crazy. These heathens are the reason I been assigned so much paperwork. If only we could just cleanse them from this earth. But I don't think that will fix the issue. We might need a better plan, if not more support."

Tempris folded her arms and turned to Rinni. It seemed the werewolf agreed so they both made plans to escape the situation and report back to the doctor. They had to be silent as to not alert the 2 criminals. Tempris had to also be careful with her sword as accidently activating it would immediately reveal her their position. Lucky for them to two suspects decided to return back to the cave so their stealth maneuvers.

When they returned to the doctor, he was not impressed the discovery. In truth, it seemed like he wanted this information to be false. It was something even Tempris could understand. This being a natural phenomenon or just the doctors bidding would land much better in her eyes. Plus she could of taken care of it now without getting in trouble. Then again, how would they stop the natural phenomenon anyway. If it was some animal, then what made the animal do that? If it was do to something like a rock, then how did the rock get there. Thinking about it more, there was no real way for this to be natural. Only something affected by a heretic could really cause this much discourse.

Tempris sighed. It was time to go back to the knights. She would keep quiet if anyone asked her. Her ultimate goal was to just spend the night at the guild. It was already so late and she doubted she would get a good sleep at home. This was probably the best move, especially since she would have to come in early anyway. There was paperwork to do. Even now when she reached her desk, she saw a small stack slowly growing. They just loved giving her work that didn't involve hunting heretics. She was really hating the knights but what was a girl of her rank to do.

WC:1000
(Exit)

Polluted Waters (Tempris, Quest) Charlotta-granblue-stance-by-ucantw1nLet all heretics be purged by my holy flames.
Tempris Ashflare #ff3366

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum