Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:30 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 300 | Ivory Idol

Another sunny day in Hargeon… Opting to swap out her customary dose of caffeine from something warm and frothy toward a form of coffee which was far cooler and more refreshing on a day when the burgeoning warmth of spring was in full effect, Charlotte Caldwell hummed softly from the veil of dark and reflective lenses as she took in the scene around her, and despite her innate predisposition toward preferring the cooler months had to admit that she had been rather enjoying her current locale of late.
I really can't believe it took me this long to take the town in…? The weather warm but not so much that it felt overbearing or oppressive, if there was one thing that a woman who habitually wore shades of white and materials made of hide hated it was feeling of being sticky and stuck to herself in all kinds of discomforting manners, and whilst a dash of icy magic was usually enough to prevent any ill feeling in her it was nice to feel the blessing of the sun without needing to drain a little of her mana for the sake of controlling the climate around her.

It's been full of surprises, and not all of them unpleasant ones either~ Instead gifted with the boon that was the freshness of sea winds and the spray that coated the air because of it, until she had left her homeland Miss Caldwell had hardly spent all that much time on the coast, but now that she that she had it seemed like something she had been missing out her whole life.
Speaking of, looks like my guardian angel has returned to me~ However, it wasn't just the positives of the weather which seemed to appeal about Hargeon either, and as the frosty femme sat there sipping her coffee and caught the image of something as sublime in colour as fresh snow shooting through the air above her, she was soon to be reminded of something else she had discovered in the town to which she had become quite well-accustomed as well…

GREAT BEAUTY LIES WITHIN THE EYE

"Of Those Who Might Behold Her~"
- Charlotte Caldwell -

credit to nat of adoxography.

#2Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:31 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 650 | Ivory Idol

Always so graceful, and nice to see her feeling more herself as well~ That sterling sapphire stare guarded by her sunglasses and if it were not perhaps seeming to shine a little bit more at the strange sight of a fine and frosty-furred feline swooping down betwixt an equally elegant pair of silky soft wings, the lips of the lazing lady with the chilled latte curled upward as she let her vision bathe in the splendour of her newest 'acquisition', though beneath her veneer one might have noted an unusual hint of softness in her eyes, at least compared to the way in which she tended to leer at the usual fools she coopeted into companionship.
“How fares the hunt, my lady love~?” The type of woman who did not tend to allow herself to get all that close to anyone so few people in the world capable of noting the way the timbre of her tone seemed that little bit gentler as she teased the kitten who arrived and settled upon the table in front of her, the woman in white found herself fighting against an impulse to caress the coolly coloured coat of the cat, which surprised her really even if it didn't defeat her. Usually she tended to be more reserved with her affection in public, or more subdued in its impetus at the very least.

"I have good news? I think I've found him!" It perhaps easy to see why Miss Caldwell seemed to struggle against her usual bearing when one looked to the subject, however, if anyone could have looked toward this pretty and pure-pelted pet and not felt completely enamoured then they would likely have a heart made of far sterner more severe stuff than even the ice which this minx of a mage could command. Her eyes large and only more so when flooded with a hint of excitement which she struggled to contain, sweet tones lilted from beneath perky little whiskers and her velvety hair was only made to look all the sweeter by the dress she was wearing. Gosh, no wonder every tom cat in town had an eye on her, huh? Not that her master was all that willing to share, of course…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#3Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:32 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 1050 | Ivory Idol

“Well well well, my cute little kitten is turning into quite the adept huntress in her own right, isn't she?” Not quite able to shrug off her impulse to touch her peerless pet fully but at the very least managing to play the gesture off a little more teasingly as she reached forward grazed the pink little nose her princess possessed, the doting mood of Charlotte meant that she did not mind the way in which her nose wrinkled and smile turned just a little bit silly as she did so, and neither did she much care for the fact that she knew it would make her slice of the tastiest cutie pie grumble either, for that matter.
A shot of confidence can take the right girl a long way, can't it? Happy to see her looking this upbeat after all that they had been through together in the matter of weeks since they had met, her beautiful baby had been through the wringer before the buxom blonde had the chance to meet her, but now she seemed to be getting better. No longer nervous and terrified of what might be watching over her shoulder, it was like she had a new lease on life, and it suited her. It suited both of them, actually.

"H-Hmph! you're always treating me like a little kid, aren't you?" In fact it seeming like quite the joy when he playful little deed seemed to illicit a sense of annoyance, and ever more so as Carla folded her arms over each other and creased her brow because of it, it was all that Miss Caldwell could do to stop herself from giggling girlishly as she slid her sunshades up onto her brow and looked at the girl fully, and found her lip twitching because of this.
“Of course~ I mean, haven't you seen how cute you look when you pout~?” Letting out a steady breath and then nibbling her bottom lip as she found that fond fascination she had for her fantastic feline only seeming to deepen with every exchange like this one, all she could do was shake her head and then wink at her white wonder as she expressed how smitten she was with her in a manner that was decidedly frank given her usual manner, and then shone with a smile that could have felled even the sternest warrior a second later for good measure…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#4Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:32 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 1400 | Ivory Idol

"A-And… After all I do for you as well. I'll have to make sure you make this up to me, you know?" Apparently some combination of the conversation's topic and the simple repetition of scenes like this and the reassurance it provided seeming to embolden the blanched beauty even further, to the surprise of the woman at the table she found her delightful 'daughter' clapping her mitts upon her hips, and then jabbing both a finger of her own and words as well as she made a show of being dominant and demanding. Which naturally only intrigued her cohort more.
Oh? Is she… Trying to mimic me~? Delicious~ The frosty femme found licking her lips as she saw something that was only too familiar to her looking back in a manner which seemed rare, Charlotte couldn't help but widen her eyes as she found just a hint of her own tone and her own mannerisms reflected at her, and was ever more entertained by this fact as well.

“Goodness me, from the sounds of things my cute little kitten is becoming a woman fast, isn't she~? How about dinner at Sardinia then, as much apology~?” Shaking her head and sighing with a sweet sentiment, given how much Miss Caldwell knew that she tended to get her way when using similar tactics she had no desire to challenge the mandate, and even if she wanted to she knew better. This building confidence was good for her little girl, and even more so Carla's cuteness only became harder to resist with how delighted she looked to be placated as well. Gosh, she really was creating a monster, wasn't she?
“Heh, but first… Those who don't work, don't eat, so lead the way Miss Carla~” In that case finding herself forced to act before the ego of her pet project grew to a size comparable to the weighty charm she carried and the kitten became truly unstoppable, all that the once mighty mistress could do was shrug and stand up with her cup in hand, ceding the floor to her peerless partner and smiling as she let the small soul lead her along to their target. After all, what good mother would have the heart to stifle a child, especially when they were on a mission like this, eh?

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#5Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:36 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 1750 | Ivory Idol

The man himself… Reagan Hullston, eh? Carrying her feisty feline on her shoulder by the time that her cup was drained and their stroll was at an end, the frosty femme moved with a purposeful slowness of gait as she approached the dockyard in order to avoid drawing too much attention to herself through the gathered crowds, and yet even through these bodies which were bustling around her she had no trouble seeing the soul who had drawn her here.
“Nice work Carla. You've certainly earned your caramel coated cod tonight, my dear~” It seeming that her fantastic fellow femme had been right on the mark with the scouting work she had done for her earlier on because of what she saw across the throng of passing people, that weather beaten pork pie hat and droopy ended moustache would have given their quarry away from at least a mile and then some even someone afflicted by the most monstrous myopia around, Miss Caldwell rewarded her pet with a little scratch behind her soft and adorable little ear that she knew her pet loved, even if the only admission she would give would be her purring.

But who's that with him, I wonder~? Primed for action because of this success and yet as she lingered there, weaving through bodies like she was on some sort of autopilot Charlotte seemed to show an ounce of hesitance because of what her prize seemed to be up to, and while it would have been easy for the Empyrean enchantress to swoop in and snatch up the shabby shape she stalled for a moment as she digested his activity.
Cash for a handful of mysterious medicine packets… How fascinating~ That steely sapphire stare tightening as she took in the image of him chatting with another person in a furtive fashion and then passing along what looked to be a fad wad of bills and gaining something in exchange, the icy icon couldn't help but feel intrigued enough to focus on the fool a while longer, and note the fact that what he was being given looked a lot like what one might get from a doctor. However, something made her doubt that in the long run whatever was in those folded pouches would be good for you…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#6Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:37 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 2150 | Ivory Idol

"Should we nab him, Charlotte?" The apparent reluctance which was shown by our leading lady seeming to make the small shape who perched on her shoulder feel a little bit antsy thanks to her eagerness, the focus of the frost femme ebbed a little as she felt her fine feline rustle a little on her shoulder as she asked whether they should move or not, and as the steely sapphire stare of the siren shifted toward her friend she found her looking like a panther ready to pounce.
“No… Wait a second.” This factor prompting Miss Caldwell to lift her hand enough to bar the lunging leap she expected from her little lassie in order to give her more time to size up the scenario, while it was certainly true that a quick and decisive strike with the element of surprise would likely prove enough to take down this portly peddler with ease, there was something curt and covert about the interaction between the two figures on whom she found herself so fascinated that she had to make sense of, but when she did found it rather obvious.

“I'd say… he's just a front man, this 'Hullston'. Our real prize is the one he's talking to~” A woman who was all too used to flexing her own power to dominate all shapes and sizes around her and perhaps because of that fact capable of seeing that the language between the bodies before her gave a definite implication of who was in charge, and this fact was only further confirmed with the manner in which the unfamiliar face seemed to duck away without another word when he noticed the fact he was being eyeballed by the icy icon, and beat a hasty retreat whilst the man Charlotte now assumed to be his agent of distribution panicked at the sight.
“Follow Reagan, quietly, and see what hole he dives into, then let the Knights know afterward. I'll nab the shark!” It clear to see the figure who was only too eager to cut and run and leave the tubbier target to be trapped by whatever force suddenly seemed to be heading toward him, the ruthless attitude convinced the coquette that he was the real problem here and guided her actions as well because of that. All too eagerly giving her own partner an order for the simple repeat surveillance whilst she tackled to real problem, the two would part ways as wings fluttered in one direction and feet another, and with that the chase was on…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#7Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:38 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 2550 | Ivory Idol

They always do that say prior preparation prevents poor performance. Though not all of them without vulgarity~ Once again caught in a game of pursuit and yet on this occasion Miss Caldwell feeling more than confident, even though her quarry seemed to have no obvious reason by which he seemed to be at a disadvantage neither did the woman herself, and that might have been the decisive difference. The gift of forethought offering her the wisdom not to wear her tallest set of heels and instead cloak her feet in something a little less elegant but a little more attuned to a face, she could see herself drawing closer and closer with ever stride and better yet knew how to stop him a second later.

“HRAH!” Mana in hand and from it a mass of freezing fervour seeming to spout forth as if it were a liquid, as she sprinted the snowy siren threw her arm forward as if she was trying to launch a javelin, and rather than aiming for the dashing shape before her chose to shoot straight for something a little more advantageous. The icicle that the icon unleashed subsequently lurching right past the hip of the fleeing fool and colliding with that oh so useful hurdle that was the trash can, the resulting crack and crash seemed to do enough to unseat him that he would stumbled to the ground quickly, and make easy pickings of a huntress like her.

“They say that innocent men have no cause to run, so I wonder… What does it say about you that you were hot on those heels before I even got close to you, hm~?” Not even missing a breath or a beat as she bounded forward and then pushed him flat onto his stomach in the same move, expertise in all kinds of situations pertaining to restraint allowed Charlotte the advantage as he writhed and wriggled, and yet despite this found himself being cuffed in a pair of fresh and frosty cuffs all the same. Though she wasn't done yet.
“Come now, tell me of your sins~” All too keen to find out just who he was and why he seemed to be ordering her bounty around back there, fog lurched from the mouth of the minx as she leaned over his shoulder and insisted on finding answers to these questions, eager to find them out willingly or otherwise…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#8Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:38 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 2850 | Ivory Idol

"Ah, Miss Charlotte. Good news, our men have just brought in Reagan, thanks to the tip you're cat gave us…"

The day filled with new friends as, having spent none too considerable a time exploiting the quietness and privacy of a dark alleyway to extract the information she needed Miss Caldwell now found herself looking at another relatively fresh face in the form of Collin Simmers, at least on this account she seemed to know his identity prior to meeting him, but then that wasn't always essential as her adventure had proven. Though it was nice to know Carla had outdone herself, that was for sure.

"Oh wait, who's this? Did you bag another bounty…?"

For the moment however the frosty femme remaining quiet as she lugged her newest prize toward the building from which the local authority seemed to operate, the confusion which she was showed by Collin was something that she could entirely comprehend given the situation, and yet did not let it stall her all that much either.

“Not exactly, but this one…” Not even pausing for the simple politeness of a greeting as she hauled her quarry along with a slight sense of unwillingness on his part, the bewilderment of the officer was no doubt enhanced by the blood and the bruises upon the face and form of figure she had run down, though whether or not he wished to complain about the brutality of her detainment was of little issue with the gag he had on his mouth.
“I think this one is someone you're going to want to meet~?” Instead only allowed to be towed along with his arms bound tightly in a coat of ice which seemed to contain the majority of his upper body entirely, Charlotte could only shake her head as he groaned and push him along with a hand gripped firmly on his collar, and offered the officer only the scantest indication of who he was and what she had done as she did so. At least initially…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

#9Charlotte 

Rune Knight for a Day [Solo - Quest] Empty Wed Apr 28, 2021 9:39 am

Charlotte

WORDS: 3150 | Ivory Idol

"Who is… Miss Charlotte, I must ask who he is?
We can't just go arresting citizens willy nilly!"

Perhaps it speaking as a testament to the character of the young and idealistic member of the law that even with her assurance that she had bagged one of the so called bad guys young Collin simply had to object to the confusing circumstance and presumably the state of the man as well, it was almost cute to see him march toward her with such panicked indignation, and try to bar her way as well.
“Of course not, which is why I made extra sure that my guest is absolutely the sort of man you should be getting to know. Here, let me introduce him.” Such endearing behaviour almost but not quite enough to prevent a sigh and an eye roll from the woman as well, after a moment of only mild disbelief at his gaul the gal shook her head, and then decided to explain herself and what she had discovered with her unconventional form of investigation.

“You see this is Mr Deiz, and he is a friend of our dear Mr Reagan, you see~” Grasping the hair on her prize's head next in order to drag his face up and allow the lawman and his cohorts to get a better look at the ugly mug, Charlotte would have been lying if she said that she didn't enjoy taking the gathered knights to school as it were, and if she had tried to tell you she wasn't also getting a dash of sweet satisfaction from the groans she seemed to elicit from her bound man either.
“Well, I say friend, he's more like an associate-slash-boss type figure to him~?” After all, there nothing better than proving once again that women were the superior creature, in all honesty it made her wonder how the world got along without her really. Gd, it must have been so slow and dull…

- Charlotte Caldwell -

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum