Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Does Anyone Actually Think That Pressing the Buttons on an Elevator Over and Over Rapidly Makes it Come Faster? [PCH Phase 2] [Open to 1]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Guest 

Does Anyone Actually Think That Pressing the Buttons on an Elevator Over and Over Rapidly Makes it Come Faster? [PCH Phase 2] [Open to 1] Empty Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:49 pm

It was time for the guild to explore the tower, some of the others already taking their time to head into one of the elevators. Zane followed suit, excited to see how cool this building could be. Needless to say this was a pretty expansive space, especially for an organization that from Zane's knowledge had less than 10 people in it. In a way it was sort of like living in a huge mansion when you were all alone. It was exciting and cool, but at the same time somewhat eerie - as though there would always be something missing. "Can you stop with your pointless musings and just press the button already?" Beelzebub asked, Zane rolling his eyes. Demons. They always had to be so quick and to the point. No wonder all their time was spent doing barbaric tasks like, err... what did demons do? Zane would have to ask sometime. Regardless of what hobbies those of the underworld had Zane had to admit that Beelzebub was right. Pressing one of the buttons on the old and somewhat creaky elevator at random (as all the buttons had at this point been faded out: Zane just took a guess) Zane awaited for it to start moving.

It didn't. Zane pressed it again. It didn't. Zane pressed it ten more times in succession. After a while the elevator seemed to be starting up, the doors closing at an extremely slow pace. It would probably be a solid minute or two before the metal bars clasped into their proper place. Zane sighed. Hopefully none of his guildmates would see him waiting for this stupid thing... especially not Asmodeus. Beelzebub agreed.

278/2000

#2Vivi Ramstein 

Does Anyone Actually Think That Pressing the Buttons on an Elevator Over and Over Rapidly Makes it Come Faster? [PCH Phase 2] [Open to 1] Empty Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:58 pm

Vivi Ramstein
Just as the elevator doors were finally about to close, Vivi slipped inside. Quite the feat for someone of her build, but she narrowly managed to get in before they shut. She gave Zane a quick look, then glanced at the button he had pressed on the panel, and looked back at him again. She shuffled silently to the side of the elevator, never breaking eye contact with him. When she finally settled into the corner, she spoke, "You seemed lonely in here, all by yourself. I figured you might desire some company before you start to talk to yourself again." She paused. "That was a joke. Because you talk to yourself and it makes you look a bit crazy."

She cracked a slight smile, clearly a bit amused by her own humor. Not that the joke was particularly funny. It was more just a recitation of facts from her perspective. Still, it was enough to make her almost giddy compared to her normal, passive state. "Also before you got into another fight with that woman. You two seemed ready to come to blows. I'm a bit surprised you didn't. Was it because the guild master was in the room with you?" She seemed genuinely curious.

#3Guest 

Does Anyone Actually Think That Pressing the Buttons on an Elevator Over and Over Rapidly Makes it Come Faster? [PCH Phase 2] [Open to 1] Empty Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:29 am

Zane's recruitee had entered the elevator with him it seemed. In one way this was a relief of sorts - he thought it would be quite lonely to explore the tower alone - but on the other hand the person he was trying to be a cool mentor-like figure to had now seen his bad luck with elevators. This wasn't a good look. "They'd never have elevators this bad in the demon realm, I tell you. This is clearly an older model. You can really tell that the lifts are still using the ⛥✫✫✫ψ✫ψψψ⸸-XL system." Zane nodded his head in passive agreement. Zane then realized just what he had heard. "Wait, what?" he asked in his head, confused by the gibberish Beelzebub had just spouted. "Ah, I just accidentally spoke in my own tongue is all." Zane shook his head slightly to himself. "No, not that. How the hell do you know how elevators work?"

Beelzebub never did answer that question.

Zane nervously smirked at Vivi's words, wondering just how many times she had heard him talk to himself. Did she think he was too crazy? Was he not setting a good enough example? Zane had to fix this somehow. Standing forward and placing his hands behind his back, Zane tapped his foot lightly as he continued to stare at the elevator bars which seemed no closer to closing now than they did before. Zane raised an eyebrow at Vivi's next question. That was a good point. Why didn't he get into a fight? Perhaps in a way it was him respecting Beelzebub's feelings towards Asmodeus. Zane couldn't really tell Vivi that though. It would just make him seem even crazier than he already was. What was a better reason? "That girl has two personalities in her body, you could say." He noted, referring to the demon takeover that Zane himself also had. "I can't say I really like one of them, but the other one - the quieter one - seems pretty alright to me." Zane neglected to state that he was simple just attracted to the quieter one.

The elevator's bars finally closed. Zane let out a sigh of relief, dropping to a sitting position in a dramatic fashion. "Finally." He remarked, his back against the far wall wall of the elevator as it sped up the different floors. Looking to the buttons that displayed each floor it seemed as though they were heading for a floor that was pretty high up, but not quite at the top. Squinting, Zane saw that the top few buttons had been tore out, a detail he didn't pay much attention to at first. "Huh, guess we'll have to walk up the last few floors. You think the roof'll be nice? I'm hoping for a pool up there, personally."

745/2000

#4Vivi Ramstein 

Does Anyone Actually Think That Pressing the Buttons on an Elevator Over and Over Rapidly Makes it Come Faster? [PCH Phase 2] [Open to 1] Empty Tue Feb 02, 2021 10:19 am

Vivi Ramstein
"Two personalities sound like a lot to manage," Vivi said. "I'm not sure I could do it. I think just one person's thoughts are enough for my head." She nodded, affirming her own thoughts. She didn't read much more into Zane's words, she didn't really see a point. His answer seemed just as plausible as any other, and he seemed to know the woman so she didn't expect him to lie outright about her. As for Zane himself, well, she just supposed that there were worse traits to have overall than talking to yourself. At the very least it seemed to keep him entertained, which, given what she knew about him, seemed a lot better than Zane being bored.

"Odin seems very nice," She started up again after their long ride to the upper floor. "Very wise too. I can see why you thought I would like him. He understands me. Not many people always understand what I'm trying to do or what I'm trying to say. But I think he gets it." She looked down at Zane with an eyebrow raised. "Even so, I doubt there is a pool at the top of this spire. Given what we have seen of its design, its original builders seemed far more interested in being pragmatic than being overtly joyful. Though I could be wrong. I suppose we will have to make the remainder of the climb to see, won't we?"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum