Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Exterminator [Quest][Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Günter Von Wolf 

Exterminator [Quest][Solo] Empty Thu Aug 06, 2020 5:57 pm

Günter Von Wolf

Gunter was in a bar in Dahlia, having a drink of honeyed ale - very cheap, reviewing the bounties and looking at the bartender as he stares at the other patrons. One of the bounties catches his eye, of dealing with werewolves. From Gunter's previous experience with dark creatures, being a vampire which kicked his ass...? This would probably be a cakewalk. Sometimes you gotta risk it for that maggot-filled biscuit. Pay didn't look too good, but for Gunter's skills it was like winning the fucking lottery, so he took it.

He looked at the bartender and said, "Can you give me any details on that quest?".

The bartender looked at him with a blank expression of "I wanna kill myself" and "please buy more". He looked at Gunter and said, "It'll cost ya. Let's say you buy another beer, and I'll tell you what I know.".

Gunter buys another beer and tosses the bartender a couple of extra coins as a tip for the information. The bartender has a coy smile on his face and says, "read the description of the job" and goes back to cleaning the dishes. With no new information than what the job description stated, Gunter finishes his beer and heads out.

Gunter steps outside of the bar and lights one of the ten cigarettes within the pack he stole from some drug addict he beat up in an alley. He looks at the pack, reads the name... "Nail & Coffins". He lights one and takes a puff. Not good, not bad. Passable.

The bounty said that the reports were just outside of Dahlia. He makes his way out of town and makes his way towards this so called forest, thinking to himself, "I'm gonna die.".

Time passes on his lonely adventure. He eventually finds himself somewhat lost in the woods. He knows the general direction to get back to town, but he doesn't know how far he went in. At this point, it's starting to get dark, so he decides to make himself a campfire. After much trial and error, emphasis on the error, two hours later, he makes a fire. It had just gotten dark. He cracks open a bag of trail mix he picked up at a general store some time ago, and starts munching down on them nuts. Mmm, salty.

Time passes. He hears a branch snap. Gunter doesn't move, or look in the general direction. The only thing going through his mind is, "fuck fuck fuck". He grabs a nearby stick that he was going to use for kindling, and turns around.

He sees two eyes staring at him in the darkness. It can't be a very big animal due to its size, but it's still there and Gunter's still without a weapon. Gunter, slightly terrified, doesn't know what to say but simply says, "Well, hi, friend.".

As soon as he says that, the thing bolts at him. Gunter, still kind of in shock and scared, replies with, "O-Okay, bye, friend!". At this point, he's on high alert. He doesn't know what that thing was and isn't ready to go to bed now. He wants to stay awake until morning.

No more than ten minutes later, two sets of eyes appear just out of reach of him in the darkness. This time they come closer. Gunter stands up and they come within the light so that they can finally see what they are. Two baby werewolves. Gunter's thinking to himself, "Yeah... they're probably gonna kick my ass.".

They look hungry or perhaps playful; it was hard to tell. Because they're werewolves. "Hi friends!", Gunter says out loud to the little gremlins. They don't really respond, but just sort of look at him, probably hungrily. There's an awkward silence for a few seconds. Gunter doesn't know what to say, but continues with, "Hey, you want some nuts?", as he holds up the bag of trail mix.

The baby werewolves approach and they speak for the first time. Not in their lives, but to Gunter. "What are you doing out here, mister?", they ask. The only thing going through Gunter's mind is, "Oh great, the little wolves are Southern. We're dealing with hick wolves.".

He doesn't want to tell them he came to hunt some werewolves, so he tells them he came out to camp. Enjoy the weather. The campfire. And the saltiness of nuts.

"So what about you guys?", Gunter asks.

"We're out here looking for food.", one responds.

"Oh god, oh fuck, they're gonna eat my ass.", Gunter thinks to himself. "Well, I have some trail rations. Nuts and grains.".

And that's when Gunter saw it. Something that almost brought fudge to his pants. Another set of eyes. Larger. More menacing. Probably hungrier. A MUCH larger friend comes hopping out of the darkness and into sight and in front of the two kids. Meanwhile, Gunter nearly had his pants made heavier at the sight of the adult, and only wanted to eat some nuts in peace.

At this point, Gunter stands up because of the massive hungry monster. "So, uhhh. What's going on in this neck of the woods huh?".

The voice of the adult speaks up and judging from the tone it's probably a woman. "You stay away from my kids.". The kids pipe up and explain that they were curious of what he was doing. They're silenced quickly and told to stay behind her. She starts looking Gunter up and down, presumably gauging his equipment of which was... none. When Gunter notices this he pipes up. "I know, I know. Quite the threat I am.".

The woman werewolf asks what he's doing, and he responds, "Enjoying the nice cold air, eating salted nuts, the works.". She growls at the response.

"What do I do, what do I do, what do I do? They're going to fucking kill me.", Gunter thinks to himself. He looks at the werewolf and asks, "So am I gonna be expecting more eyes, or? Like is there a fucking carnival out here?". One of the kids says they're hungry. Gunter cusses silently.

The woman asks if he's alone. Gunter responds, "Perhaps? Perhaps not? If you're asking whether I'd like my ass eaten by a family of three like some chicken dinner, then no. No, I'd prefer not to get my ass eaten.".

The werewolf adult lunges at Gunter. He takes a quick step backward, swinging and connecting with the kindling stick in his hand, hitting the werewolf in the side of the head. It doesn't knock her out, but knocks her somewhat off balance. In that moment, he grabs one of her arms and throws her into the campfire while mounting her on top.

At this moment, the two little gremlins charge Gunter. The adult werewolf tries to swipe a massive claw at Gunter's face. Gunter dismounts and allows one of the baby werewolves to accidentally jump into the path of the claw swipe, taking its head off entirely. Gunter then runs off, while the other munchkin chases him. It starts biting at his leg, so he turns around and punches it in the face twice. Stunned, it reels away. The adult werewolf is crying in pain at killing her own child, and then angrily looks towards Gunter. That's his cue to run, and so he does.

He sprints over tree roots, running through the woods and occasionally looking back to see two pissed off mongrels chasing. He ducks behind a tree and notices a big rock on the ground. He grabs it, spins around from behind the tree, and throws it at the other baby werewolf, caving its skull in.

At this point, the adult werewolf charges Gunter and takes a bite out of his shoulder. Gunter channels dark energy from his magic into the werewolf's face, stunning it. In that moment, he jams his thumb into the werewolf's eye and twists.

During the moment of the werewolf's blindness, Gunter also heals himself and runs. After getting fifteen meters away, he notices a stick on the ground and takes it. He looks back from behind the tree and sees the werewolf getting its bearings. It makes eye contact with him. Gunter breaks the stick so it has a sharpened tip. It runs at him. He waits until it gets close, and stomps his foot on the ground at the last moment using his Shadow Step at the last moment to sidestep. He uses the speed to jam the sharpened stick into the already wounded eye socket of the beast as deep as he can go. Surprisingly it's still alive, so in frustration Gunter punches the stick that's stuck in its eye further in. A crack, and it drops.

Gunter takes a moment to catch his breath and heal up. He grabs the werewolf's body by the legs and head back to where the two other dead werewolf babies were, piling them up. For the rest of the night, he dragged their corpses back to town. It takes him until morning to get back to town. He drops their bodies right at the gates of the town, and tells the guards he's there to collect the bounty on the dead creatures. They direct him to the employer and is paid for his services. Finally, he asks the employer if he could get the werewolf pelts for a cloak, and the employer says yes.

The only thing going through Gunter's mind is, "This shit's only going to get harder, isn't it? But sometimes you gotta risk it for that maggoty biscuit.".

Word Count: 500/500

EXIT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum