Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Michelle Hunter 

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:24 pm

Michelle Hunter
Two hours of her evening was wasted thanks to that useless Seated Rune Knight and his lost sword. After finding his sword, he coolly told her he had never met any dark-haired teenage Rune Knight before who used darkness magic. In any case, Michelle couldn’t be too mad. After all, the quest did end up with her meeting Victor again. It was weird that she didn’t care much for his name when she was about to share a bed with him, but was curious now. The two got talking and after she reminded him how he owes her two dinners, they made their way to Batra’s Inn.

The moment they walked in, Batra will approach them, wiping the sweat off his forehead. Michelle knew the man well enough for him to trust her. She had been staying in the inn for a few days now. “Hey! My cook bailed and I have way too many customers. Do you think you can cook for the night? It’s not too complicated,” he said, getting right to the point. Free access to the kitchen and all they had to do was flip some burgers? Michelle knew what that would entail. She turned towards Victor and gave him a knowing smirk. Then, turning towards Batra, she nodded. “Of course!”

The bartender was ecstatic. He gave them two aprons and opened the door to the kitchen.
231/1000

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Signature
#2Victor Garrett 

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Victor Garrett
The smirk they shared was rather telling, lucky for them that Batra missed it, perhaps in all his flustered anxiousness, he didn't really care what the two would do. As they were ushered towards the kitchen, Victor elbowed Michelle and winked. 'Looks like we'll be even now, it is time for some free food.' he said in a happy, but a hushed whisper. Once in the kitchen, Batra swiftly demonstrated the process that was involved in making the burgers. There was some tough batter that they needed to mold into the disk-like shape and then they simply had to roast them on the large grill, evenly on both sides. It seemed simple enough.

He reached for the aprons that hung behind them and slipped two of them of their hooks. He swiftly slipped his on, letting the loop fall over his head and onto his neck. The blonde held the other one out for his chef partner. With his free hand, he grabbed the chef's hat. 'Sorry only one of these... And I'm calling dibs.' he said playfully as he confidently placed the funny hat on his head. His swiftly picked out the spatula, his look now complete. 'You're handling the patty putty, lady and I'll deal with the flipping, 'kay?' he confirmed. He was the one in charge this time, ironically of course, since allegedly kitchen work was supposed to be a woman's job...

235/1000

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Giphy
#3Michelle Hunter 

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:28 pm

Michelle Hunter
The dark-skinned assassin bit her lip to control her laughter as Batra demonstrated the various ‘recipes’ hastily. Half of his sentences didn’t make sense, making it clear that this man was better off behind the bar counter and had zero experience in the kitchen. Finally, when he was done trying to tell them what to do, he dashed out of the kitchen to take the orders from all the waiting customers. The moment he left, Michelle broke into a laugh. She slid her head into the apron that Victor held. As she was tying the apron behind her, the blonde man had already picked the chef hat and claimed it for himself.

“The repayment is better. You are cooking the food yourself,” she said, laughing more. For some reason, she was having a lot of fun. She walked up to the patty section and pulled out three of them to begin the first order of the night; three hamburgers. “Don’t touch anything that can be accounted for. I live here and I don’t want Batra to kick me out,” she said sternly as she walked past him to pop some olives into her mouth. “He is a nice guy… He’ll give us what’s due and more at the end of it, anyway,” she added.

While Victor dealt with the buns, she dipped the frozen patties into hot oil and fried it. Once it was almost cooked, she pulled it out and passed it to him so that he can grill it along with the buns. Batra’s head popped in and he hissed, “Three hotdogs and one fries.” Michelle nodded and got to work. “You can take care of the burgers now?” she asked rhetorically before walking towards the freezer.

520/1000

#4Victor Garrett 

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:31 pm

Victor Garrett
The peal of laughter that rang in the kitchen forced a wider grin out of the blonde man as well. 'Did he not know there were frozen ones already?' Victor said guffawing along with Michelle now. 'I have no idea what to do with these mincemeat pancakes now...' he said, sliding the alleged patty-putty that Batra had left on the grill, off of it and into a dustbin. He frowned seeing the perfectly good mincemeat so charred on one side. 'I have the chef hat on, you're not the boss of me...' he said dipping his fingers into a bowl of dry flour and flicking some towards the tan woman. 'Oh no! do you think that was accounted for?' he gasped and leaped backward dramatically pointing at the specks of flour on the floor as he mocked the lady and cheered on.

'Rotten luck for us that the families kicked us out, eh?' he asked jovially as he pressed the buttered bun into the grill to warm and toast the bread a little. 'So you live here too?' he said, as the laughter died, it seemed like at least the two were practical enough to know where to park themselves. 'I know... I know...' he responded when she praised the poor naive bartender. Once the patties were fried, Victor got to assembling the hamburgers while another order was brought in. 'Hamburgers are almost done, I can deal with the three hot-dogs, can you do the fries?' he asked. As he turned dressed the lettuce on the burgers with some sauce and wrapped them up. He then turned and used the tongs to pick out the sausages for the hot-dogs.

514/1000

#5Michelle Hunter 

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:34 pm

Michelle Hunter
Michelle frowned mockingly as Victor sprayed her with dry flour. She didn’t mind it; she planned on taking a shower after spending the night in the hot kitchen, anyway. “That’s an entire meal you just threw away, when we have starving children on the streets. Tsk tsk,” she said, rolling her eyes after. “Oh! And lucky that we got frozen ones, seeing what you did to those poor things on the grill,” she added, eyeing him chuck it into the bin with an exaggerated shock in her face.

Once Victor was done with the hamburgers, she quickly wrapped it up and slid it through the small flap window so that Batra can serve it to the customers. Next thing in list was hot-dogs and French fries. Since Victor called dibs on the hot-dogs, Michelle spun on her heels to reach the freezer and pulled out the heavy bag of fries. It was yet another simple frying job and she didn’t complain. The blonde man only burnt one side of the meat; she would have set fire to the kitchen.

So, happy with the simple task given to her, she put on the hand gloves and dropped a handful of the frozen fries into the hot oil, while standing as far away from it as possible. She was worried the oil would splash on her, which it did a little, but wasn’t as bad as she thought it would be. After waiting a minute, she sieved the fries out of the oil using the grilled spatula and put it on the paper bowl. After salting the fries, she would place a couple of paper tissues underneath and walk towards the flap window again. If Victor was done with the hot-dogs, she would take those too and slide them all for delivery.

820/1000

#6Victor Garrett 

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:55 pm

Victor Garrett
Michelle was all up in his business, trying to make him feel guilty about starving children, or mocking him rather. Of course, both of them had just shared, that they possessed the same starkly practical attitude towards humanity, her by joking about the starving children and him by almost feeling no shred of real guilt about wasting the food. 'Oh, those poor souls... Let's give our share to the kids on the street. What do you think?' he played along as he shook his head, so his blonde hair flopped about. He went onto place the steaming sausage on the sliced bread. Making hot-dogs was relatively simple. He finished placing them all and squirted some ketchup, mustard and barbecue sauce onto each. 'Let's see if Batra complains about this, I've always wanted a tri-sauce, he's a little bit of a miser sometimes...' Victor said idly and finished plating the hot-dogs on the smaller variety of plates before sliding them to the dark-skinned woman, she swiftly sent them for delivery.

'So, what do you recommend we make for ourselves?' he said as he sneaked around the kitchen, randomly opening cupboards and scouring it for other eatables that Batra wouldn't expect them to have... borrowed. Just then the bartender stuck his head in. 'Do we have breadcrumbs? For breaded chicken wings? Someone's ordering those... and I'm not sure...' He was so frazzled Vic had no problem swiftly sliding back to the grill and acting like he was still working. He didn't have a shred of guilt on his face. 'They're usually on the counter at the back.' Vic already knew where the prepared breadcrumbs were... he'd noticed them less than a minute ago. But he had to pretentiously check again. 'Right here, boss...' he said with a hint of condescension. 'The order is green to take and we'll get right to it!' he said with much feigned sincerity that could fool most. 'Pick one sauce for the hot-dogs next time.' Batra said, as his bald head pulled out. 'Told ya'

852/1000

#7Michelle Hunter 

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:36 pm

Michelle Hunter
“Yeah… We should totally take all the leftover and begin distributing them throughout the city,” she said in a very serious tone, nodding sagely. Frankly, that last suggestion was less of a mock on the idea itself, and more on the fact that it involved them donating things that didn’t belong to them. After that, they had to get busy with more cooking. Michelle was surprised at how generous Victor was with the sauces on the hot-dogs. But, it was soon clear that he did it just to test the bartender’s threshold. “Of course he is a miser. All business men are. And more than half of them are also cheats,” she said casually, before moving on with her order.

She had to make baked potatoes and two more hot-dogs while Victor dealt with the breaded chicken wings. The dark-skinned assassin had ignored his previous question regarding family, mostly because she didn’t want to sound emotional; she hated that part of humanity. However, after realizing that ignoring it was equivalent to admitting it affects her, she chose to reply. “I got kicked out, yes. But that was from an orphanage. Never knew my parents. And right now… I just go along with wherever life takes me,” she said, in her matter-of-fact tone. That last bit was a lie; she did everything for Benjamin. But, she didn’t trust him enough to reveal that yet.

Finally, it was almost midnight and they were done with all their orders and the restaurant was about to close. Batra walked in and handed them their reward after thanking them at least a dozen times. “Oh! And make whatever you want with the left-over ingredients,” he said, before leaving them to it. “See? He isn’t half-bad,” Michelle said, vouching for the bald man. The lady would let the chef do the honours and eat whatever he cooks. “Well… Since you took the hat, you cook,” she said, grinning widely.
1143/1000
-Exit-

#8Victor Garrett 

Flip Em [Quest | Michelle & Victor] Empty Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:06 pm

Victor Garrett
'Indeed ma'am, I'll get packing, right after we're done.' he'd said, smiling as he continued doing his work. The woman sure could keep up. She had him on his toes, in their little witty exchange. When she spoke about cheats, Vic went rigid for a second, recalling his own father and how well he fit the description she'd just laid out. A cheat to get to the top and a miser to stay there, till of course, things took a steep turn downwards between his and the marriage they had been so good at faking.

Her view of the world was aligned with him enough for the man to wonder, if one, they were related somehow, which seemed implausible given their difference in appearance... Or two, what she had gone through in her life to become this way, what sharp tools of displeasure did fate use to carve her into the person she was... Finally, the curiosity took over, but it wasn't as urgent as it could get. Surprisingly the woman chose this moment to answer the question he'd asked before, in an entirely different context.

As he brushed the egg wash on the chicken before covering it with bread crumbs, he heard her out carefully. She wasn't throwing a big boo-hoo pity party. She simply stated how she got here. 'Smart choice.' he said curtly. She hadn't asked him anything about his past, so for the moment, he refrained from divulging anymore. But he would share enough, should she want to know.

The oil was already hot, the frying was almost instant. When Batra walked in again, he offered them their reward and thanked them profusely, before taking the chicken out and telling them they could use the kitchen to prep themselves a meal. 'No wonder he has trouble with the business...' Victor said shaking his head and smiling. 'You're a hard one with debts aren't you?' he added as he considered what he could prepare for the two.

1182/1000
==Exit==

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum