Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Riverside Spirit [Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Rym Oto 

Riverside Spirit [Solo] Empty Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:13 am

Rym Oto
Smiley face
Everything vibrates,
I just...enhance that.
A couple hours after his training, decided to take a break and sit under his tree and finish up on “History of Ancient Magic” In between chapters, he would start poking at his new Defender tattoo. He giggled every time he felt that subtle, but precise pain of fresh ink. After he got a few chapters into the book, Rym started poking at his tattoo again. “What exactly are you doing?” A voice said from behind Rym. Rym turned to face Dacol Lubex, the prestigious town figure. Rym quickly stood up to face Dacol. “Sir. Ummm….I was just—”
“Nevermind that, I was wondering if you would be willing to help me with a certain...extracurricular eneavor of mine."
Rym raised his eyebrow in curiosity, “Two questions: What kind of endeavor, and is this the endeavor of the paying kind?”
“I can wholeheartedly assure you that you will be paid handsomely for your services.” Dacol found a nearby grassy area to brief Rym on the job.
“Mr. Oto, I’ve seen it again.”
Rym raised his eyebrow in interest, “Seen what exactly?”
“Something blue.”
“THE something blue?”
“I’m afraid so. But this time, it’s taken on more of a human like form. We need to meet again here at night, it seems that’s the light’s favorite time to...materialize.”
“Sounds good. What’s the plan after the light shows itself?”
“Err….” Dacol scratched the back of his head, “I hadn’t exactly thought that far ahead yet.”
“So you’re telling me that we have no plan to catch this thing? Actually...I like the sound of that. Winging is my style after all.”
Dacol clapped his hands together, “Great! Now all there is left to do is to wait for night.”
Dacol and Rym took a seat under the tree. Rym started to doze off until Dacol spoke.
“Mr. Oto, I’ve been meaning to ask you, Dex told me what happened the last time you confronted the spirit. He said after you touched the ball you went down to your knees, and tears fell from your eyes. What exactly did you see?”
Without making eye contact Rym spoke softly, “My parents.”
“What’d you say? I couldn’t make all that out.”
“I saw my parents!” Rym yelled, “I’m an orphan. My parents have been dead for a while now. I never thought of them until that night. It was like all the feelings and emotions of their deaths had all just come rushing up out of me. All the sadness, grief, and despair I had felt forcing it’s way to the surface.”
Dacol put a reassuring hand on Rym’s shoulder, “I see. Touching the ball made you relive one of the worst moments of your life.”
“It was actually quite the opposite,” Rym said, “It was one of the happier moments with them. But seeing my mother’s beautiful smile, or hearing my father’s booming, warm laugh, I just couldn’t handle it.”
Dacol was about to speak up again but a bright cyan light appeared at the end of the river.
“There it is!” Dacol pointed at a small child who seemed to be covered head to toe in cyan. Rym inched closer to the child. He could tell the child was young, but the entity had neither male or female features. Yet at the same time the child had both.
“Come closer.”
Rym turned to Dacol, “Did you say something?”
Dacol raised his hands up in defense, “Wasn’t me.”
Again, Rym heard the voice in his head, “Come closer Rym Oto.”
Rym faced his head to the sky, “Who are you?”
Out of nowhere wind started blowing. Softly at first, then gradually picking up more and more speed until leaves were flying around the forest and Dacol and Rym’s hair was blowing in the wind.
“My name is no matter,” the voice echoed in Rym’s head.
“Mr. Oto! Can you hear my voice?” Dacol yelled, trying to be louder than the wind.
“Yes Dacol!”
“I need you to repeat everything you hear the spirit say to you. I must take notes for my superiors”
The spirit turned away from Rym, “I will allow your companion to take notes, but you shall not tell him everything.”
Instead of saying it out loud Rym thought, “Why can't I tell him everything?”
“Some things I’m about to tell you are relevant to only me and you. I will tell you what you can and can’t tell Mr. Lubex, for now let’s consider everything on the record. I am a spirit of long ago. So old I doubt your history books have any known record of me.”
Rym turned to Dacol, “the spirit says it’s from before our time. Like, looooong before our time. Like crazy old. Our records probably only go back far enough to his grandson.”
“...grandson, super old, ancient spirit…” Dacol muttered while jotting down notes on his pad.
The spirit spoke again. “Both sides of my ancestors came from rich histories of magic. So when I finally passed into the realm of the dead, a shadow of my soul stayed behind materializing from the raw magic of the river and the trees.”
“What do you mean ‘raw magic of the river and the trees’ ?”
“Do you mean you can’t feel it mage? You of all people should be able to feel the power of this land. Allow me to open your eyes young mage.”
The spirit reached for Rym’s forehead but hesitated. “Are you sure you want this knowledge young mage? Once you receive it this place will never be the same for you."
“Bring it on.”
The spirit laid its hand down on Rym’s forehead. Nothing happened at first, then the river started glowing. Very faintly then gradually getting brighter and brighter. The brightness of the river died down a bit but it didn’t stop glowing. All around the riverside cyan lights appeared like little lightning bugs.
“Those lights, represent the mana coming from the river. Which is about 20% of the total mana in this river.”
Rym relays most of the information back to Dacol except the part of the extreme magic coming from the river.
“As I mentioned prior there are somethings you need to keep from Mr. Lubex. Everything from now on is for your ears only.”
“I understand,” Rym thought.
“I require of you one thing. Find someone dear to me that I lost long ago who may be cause of a preventable danger yet to come. We shall meet again young mage. Until then, goodbye.”
The entity disappeared into the ground. Afterwards Rym promptly fainted.
Rym woke to Dacol’s face inches away from him.
“Oh!” Dacol stepped back, “you’re awake Mr. Oto.”
“Yeah, I’m awake Dacol,” Rym groaned as he got up off the grass.
He realized that they were still river. “Dacol….I fainted and you just left me on the riverside!?”
“I apologize. You were in this really intense staring match with the spirit and then the spirit disappeared and then you fell to the ground and your eyes were like on fire and I don’t think there’s any doctor that can help with something like that.”
“Okay then. That was probably more of an explanation than needed but at least you had good reasoning.”
“I have to get these notes to the higher ups so I will leave you here to rest. Contact Inspector Nilan if you have any more encounters with the spirit.”
“And my reward Dacol?”
“You will be paid handsomely Rym,” Dacol called as he ran off to give his report
“Sometimes I really hate this job,” Rym muttered to himself as he went to rest under the tree.

{Exit}

TAG: @user | WORDS: ### | NOTES: HERE
MEL @ ADOXOGRAPHY

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum