Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Unexpected Discovery [Solo C-Rank]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ittindi 

Unexpected Discovery [Solo C-Rank] Empty Mon Oct 16, 2023 12:05 am

Ittindi
Another beautiful day in Era, Ittindi had started to grow accustomed to its mountain air, and beautiful sights. He wondered if their closeness to a forest and surrounded by the mountain climate had been part of the formula for his magic growing stronger. He felt more in tune with nature, though he still found most of it unclean, there was a beauty in its dirty organization.  He was doing his morning stroll through Era; this was often when he’d clean transient people’s feet. Indeed, Ittindi had his backpack converted to a cleaning station, he had one bucket for mopping, and another between a bucket and a large bowl for cleaning other’s feet. As well as a variety of chemicals, he didn’t need much to make equipment with his ability to make silk, he could make a broom or a mop head with ease. As well as small items like a towel for the feet, that’s when he saw his first target. Old Josiah he had fallen on hard times after some Rune Knights broke up his gambling ring. Ever since he’d slowly let his life slip away into constant fits of alcohol or any substance to help him forget. Ittindi knew that most criminals were minor, not major like the ones in that guild.

“Good morning Mr. Josiah, I’m here to wash those feet they look like if they take any more damage you might pass out in a bad way.”

Ittindi would joke with the man while taking his shoes and socks off. Ittindi carried a couple pair of replacements, he remembered being on the poorer side of things. Socks were desired, so he didn’t mind giving Josiah some occasionally. He’d mumble a bit about the weather before going into a diatribe about some cursed child. Usually Ittindi ignored the man’s raving, but this sounded like it was a true tale, he’d have to check in one of the bars nearby. Finishing up washing the man’s feet, Ittindi would wash his hands afterwards before dumping the water nearby and drying it out the foot bowl with his magic spun towel.

Walking into the nearest bar Ittindi spoke to a couple of patrons and while learning more about the cursed child he saw Gaud, Ittindi had done a couple jobs for the merchant already. He was reliable enough, for now anyways, Ittindi always suspected people who were strongly against things as projection. Gaud had a bad affinity for dark mages, it made him wonder if he secretly was involved in black market affairs. It was something he’d have had to investigate when he was in the Rune Knights. He wondered how free they were to investigate outside of work requirements. He didn’t know much about the organization’s bylaws after their merger.

“Hey Fellas, this was one of the mages that did his job. We can probably get him to handle this cursed child. Ittindi my good man, we have information on the cursed child. I don’t want to give it no buffoon though, how about you take care of the child and I’ll pull together some jewels as payment?”

Ittindi felt brave enough to take on such a child, hopefully they wouldn’t have to fight. He did abhor the thought of severely harming a child, still sometimes there was no choice. He wouldn’t smile at Gaud; he was still just another client after all.

“Why of course Sir Gaud, I have no problem in assisting you gentlemen. Give me the location and I’ll be off post haste.”

Gaud would give him instructions as well as the location of the cursed child. This didn’t seem like it’d be much of a challenge besides the morality of the situation. Heading off to the location, it required him to go to the shadier outskirts of Era. He wasn’t aware of the gang in charge of this territory, Ittindi hoped for their sakes that they weren’t planning on giving him trouble. He was on a mission where time was of the essence, he couldn’t afford to take his time fighting like usual.

The streets were emptier than what he was used to in his time at Era. He’d find the location a small stand, that looked like it used to be a building decades ago. There was a small middle-aged man, with some kind of sickness encroaching over half of his face. He seemed zoned out, as he leaned on the ragged stand, catching his breath he was covered inn sweat. Ittindi hoped his suspicions were false, but he’d ask anyways.

“Excuse me sir? You wouldn’t have happened to run into the cursed child. I was sent here on a mission from worried citizens about dispatching her.”

Ittindi wasn’t entirely surprised when the man broke out into a sob. Pulling out one of his spare handkerchiefs Ittindi would hand it to the man and turn his back to him. It was a dumb mistake if there were some kind of monster coming from the infection. However, Ittindi had to afford a man private time to cry, it wasn’t gentlemanly to stare to hard at moments like this. The man would finish sniffling then tap Ittindi on his shoulder while starting to talk.

[color=yellow]“Hey, I guess its nice people care now. I’m a simple man trying to make the world a better place. I was at an orphanage donating some money like I typically do. That’s when I met the “cursed child” as folks have started calling them. They destroyed the building, me and hurt all the children. Luckily we all managed to escape. Please mage go stop this thing before it hurts more children. They should still be at the orphanage I can give you directions.”

Ittindi would remain quiet taking in all the man told him in a blurb of honesty. It was like that with emotions, one second crying the next venting. He wondered if his Young Master’s attitude towards people changed with those horns he acquired. As the location of the orphanage Ittindi would continue, he wondered what kind of horror awaited him at a recently abandoned orphanage.

WC: 1017/1000

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum