Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Drifted Apart [Solo]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Hikaru Overby 

Drifted Apart [Solo] Empty Wed Dec 14, 2022 1:51 pm

Hikaru Overby
Hikaru shivered in his boots as the drifted snow piled in. Opening up the inn door, the bell rang alerting everyone inside of his entrance. The young mage looked tired and worn out. He wiped his feet onto the doormat and paid what little money he had for another night. The jobs he had done didn't pay much money and took a lot of time out of his day, but between him and Fin, they could make enough to barely get by for five. Though, the younger ones were still starving. Hikaru kept some food on him at all times so he could keep his strength up.

"Here's 2500 jewel for another night ma'am. The room is under the name Hikaru Overby," he spoke. The innkeeper silently nodded and billed him accordingly. Before he could leave, she gave him a small basket with a towel covering the insides. A little taken aback he stared at it. "A little something for you and the little ones," she whispered. Hikaru was stunned.

"Are you sure? How much do I owe you" he asked. The old lady shook her head. He thanked her so much and excitedly went up the room. As he opened the door, he saw Celest playing cards with Hikari and a toddler Ren sleeping. He held the basket with a wide grin. "Good news, we go another night and the innkeeper was kind enough to give us this" he grinned. The siblings all gathered for the food, but Hikari was a little too impaitent as Celest slapped her hand.

"Hikari, be paitent. We havent even seen how much food we have. There are five of us, we need to split evening amongst us" scolded Celest. Celest was a wood elf that had platinum blonde hair and beautiful green eyes. She was only 14 and the babysitter of the group while he and Fin went on jobs. All of them knew magic to some degree except for Ren, but the two oldest were the strongest. Hikari rubbed her hand and pouted. Hikaru unsheathed the basket of food to reveal five breadrolls, five apples, a small pie to split amongst themselves and five bottles of soda. Hikari's mouth watered as so did the rest of them. Hikaru, being the leader of the sibling group, simply gave everyone their share and left Ren's and Fin's alone. The pie was going to be split later.

All three of them laid into their food, being glad they all had something to eat. Hikari chowed down at the bread roll as Celest was slower and enjoyed the little flavor bread had. Hikaru already ate everything and drank is soda pop. Simply, he sighed happily. It wasn't luxury at any means, but it was better than what they were used to for a month now. The thoughts of their mother's supposed of death loomed over him all the time. Everytime he would walk into a room, people would whisper saying he resembled that of her. There wasn't a thing he could do about that since this was the way he was since a baby. He was a spitting image of his mother. Hikari and Ren were his only blood siblings, Ren being a full brother and Hikari only being half. Fin and Celest were refugees from the war that taken shelter with Infinity Wolves. His mother taken then in. Fin was a werewolf and was more reserved.

"That was so good. I never felt this full in a long time" smiled Hikari, licking her lips. Hikaru chuckled a little bit and leaned backwards in his chair. "Couldn't agree more. Hikari...could you maybe make a card for the innkeeper? I am sure she would appreciate it" smiled Hikaru. The small girl grinned with her shark teeth exposed and nodded. They were five people in this tiny ass room. He knew they couldn't live like this. At all! This was the only way though.

"When mom was alive, she had MANY connections. Do you think...we could use those connections to helps us?" Hikaru mentioned with his head back staring at the cieling. The mention of LeeAnn made everyone freeze including Hikari. Ren was fast asleep too hard to hear this. Celest scratched her head. "I...uhm...don't know. Do you think we should? I mean...who can we trust?" she mentioned. The door opened suddenly to Fin, coldly holding a bag of food. He angrily threw it onto the floor and laid on the bed waking up Ren.

"What happened" sighed Hikaru, annoyed. Fin scoffed and got up. "I was cheated out of 2000 Jewel thanks to a scammer. I could only afford that much food. Im angry!I hate humans! They are nothing but stupid idiot...AAAAA" he screamed in frustration. Everyone was quiet, including Ren. They all knew Fin was the type to easily have his feathers ruffled and knew to keep quiet. Hikaru was the only one who remained talkative.

"I'm sorry you feel that way, but we need to set aside your feelings for five minutes. I need everyone's ears," he ordered. Fin grumbled and groaned, sitting up. All eyes were on him, including the sleepy Ren's. Hikaru fixed his posture and stared at his siblings.

"As I was saying, this is not the life I want any of us to live. Mom was very well connected with many people, there is bound to be somebody who can help us" he mentioned. The very word about their mother caused everyone to become even more gloomy. It only made Fin more aggitated. He scoffed at the thought. "I miss Mom and dad...I miss the guild so much. The animals...the tortoise named Tank...wonder where they all are now" whispered Hikari. Celest consoled her, with both girls looking at the ground. Fin got up.

"I know. Things are hard, but we cannot think of the past right now. We have to figure out what were going to do. I cannot see us in this little room any longer. We need to get help" he ordered. Fin got up into his adopted brother's face making Hikaru stand straight up, towering over his younger brother.

"I don't know where this high and mighty attitude has come from, but can you let us greieve? Mom and dad are gone. Dad abandon us. The whole family did! Don't you see? We're alone! Hungry! Scared and starving. The one thing we had is gone. I don't know about you, but do you know what it's like to be in a war zone? Celest and I do...Hikari has a better understanding than you and Ren" spat Fin. His black hair was a mangled mess with his low ponytail. The young werewolf hid his behind a wall of anger and quietness, but was easily ruffled at the slightlest annoyance. Hikaru remained calm and serious.

"Don't pull Ren into this. He's only three. I will not pretend to understand, but were all in the same boat now. We have to find some of mom's connections. We're ALL suffering. Though, right now we have younger siblings who are hungry and are stuck in a room all day. That's not a life we need to have them living" he spoke. Fin was not having any of this.

"Not being able to trust a single soul because were all different. None of us are fully human! Everyone is going to spit on us liek they did with Celest and I in Bosco because of the war we lost everything. Running from the armies everyday becuase we were scared we'd might be next. Now, this is almost exactly where we were. Running from some crazed lunatic tht wants the whole Nakamura and Overby family dead. All for what? He got mom and possibly everyone else. The manor is probably burned and there is NOTHING we can do about it" he screamed. He began to form hot tears in his eyes and she pulled his hand. Fin sunk to his knees becoming a sobbing mess on the floor.

Awkwardly, Hikaru turned away to prevent himself from becoming the same fate. Celest teared up, holding Hikari. Ren was clueless but stared to cry as well. "Mommy...gone..." was all the toddler could say. Hikaru sighed.

"I...I don't know what to do, guys. I am like all of you. I miss being in the guild with people who cared about each other, having family right there, learning about magic, and food. I crave it everyday, but reality of our situation is...we have nothing. We can't go home. We can't go to the old guildhall. We need to find someone who can help us...but I dont know who..." he sighed. He plopped himself onto the chair with his face into his hands. Already he was at his wits end. It wasn't until then Hikari piped up.

"Mom did mention someone named...Judina and her mom, Judith. They were close and I remember mom being close with Judina and being sad when she died. Maybe...Judith can help us? I heard she's the guildmaster of Fairy Tail" mentioned Hikari. Everyone stared at Hikari then Celest thought for a moment.

"If I am correct, Fairy Tail is in this town. We can stop by tomorrow and tell her our situation. I am sure she could help considering Fairy Tail is a safe haven from the rumors, but also...destructive" added Celest. Hikaru had no choice. They had to go tomorrow. He would go alone to discuss it with the guildmaster. She seemed to know their mother well from Hikari's small explanation.

"No! We're going to the magic council. Our houses have had a rich history with them. They can help" he ordered. Hikaru could see the color drain from Celest's face and Fin's growing fumed.

"Fuck you! No! They are nothing but trash. They hate people like us" he called out. Celest agreed with a nod. Though, Hikaru stared at them with a cold, icy glare.

"No. They knew our family. I am sure we can trust them, they can provide us with warm beds and food. Trust me" he spoke.

Fin scoffed. "You'll be eating those words."

It was decided.

They were leaving tomorrow first thing in the morning.

-Exit-

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum