Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Espy SL chapter 7

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Espy SL chapter 7 Empty Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:02 pm

Ryuko

"Over there Ser Manzo." The armored Exceed spoke as he gestured further down the hill. There, in the shadow cast by the large cliff looming overhead the entrance to the shrine was concealed. Even now a group of robed figures, no doubt cultists were noticeably walking around as if they were guarding the entrance.

"I can sense my master's presence inside the shrine. It's weak but still there." He whispered, clearly betraying the sense of urgency in his voice. "However, I also feel Mistress Esperia her presence. Whatever they are planning, it's likely they will not hand her over, not even for a fight to the death."

His gaze turned toward the back, seeing the volunteers of the Blue Pegasus guild that had come along with Manzo to rescue their missing friend. "I believe it will do us good for you to speak some words of encouragement for the others Ser Manzo. After all, we're about to head to war."

The Exceed muttered the last part, unsheathing his sword as he glared down at the cultists in the distance. They would pay for their outrageous crimes! He and Manzo would see to that for sure. This slight could only be answered by bloodshed...

WC: 200
Total WC: 200/1250

#2Manzo 

Espy SL chapter 7 Empty Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:10 am

Manzo

War, war never changes. As much as Manzo had done to escape a life of bloodshed it kept finding him. No matter how hard he tried, it was going to be that, and nothing else for him. Though this time, he did not fight for land or country. He fought for family, and the preservation of life, not for the preservation of status. He could feel both women's presence. He knew full well that they were going to be doing something to tear open the veil between life and death down there.
"
This whole thing had the stench of necromancy written all over. Which meant that the cultists needed this bloodshed for their plans to come to fruition. So, there was no winning, there was only minimizing casualties. If he could avoid losing anyone, that's what he would prefer. Though he knew as well as anyone there, such a thing would prove to be impossible. So this speech to his people, it would have to be good enough to quell them, and for them to accept their fate.

"When the first master brought me in, he told me I had a higher purpose to fulfil. I didn't know what that meant." Manzo said as he took a cigar from his pocket and put it to his lips. Snapping his fingers to light it, he turned around to face the brave men and women who had followed him into this battle. "When Alisa and I first tangoed with these cultists, much life was lost, and the first master told me it was time to answer the call." He said as he took his cigar and put it to his lips. Taking a long drag off of it he blew out a volumetric cloud of smoke.

"Sacrifice, I had to sacrifice myself. My freedom, and my sanity. When the rune knights came I shielded my sister in arms from their wrath. They took me, and Alisa was allowed to flourish into what you see now." It was true, he had given it all up, not knowing if he would ever get a chance to get it back. But it was that act of sacrifice that cemented him in the eyes of the many of pegasi who would come to know his name. The man who gave all, and kept giving when there was nothing left.

"You make think that was a shitty deal, if that's what you believe, then I would ask you to turn around and go home. If you did not come here today prepared to give all. Then your life will be lost for nothing, and I don't wish that for any of you." He said as he flicked the ash from his cigar. It was true, that everything could be lost here. But they stood to gain so much more if they succeeded in this moment.

"I've spilt blood on every continent in the name of freedom, freedom from war, freedom from persecution, freedom from ethnic cleansing. There's is no doubt in my mind, that I've done more good than harm." It's true, he did believe that, it was the only thing he had left to believe in. So he clung to it, and he would never let it go. Not for anyone.

"I'm going to leave you with this, our mission statement as Pegasi. Who dares wins. Let's go get our girl back." Manzo said as he turned his back to those behind him, and he began to make his way toward the center of it.

600/2000

Espy SL chapter 7 LGnxHvk

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum