Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Close-kept memories

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Close-kept memories Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:20 am

Ryuko

Seated in her office Esperia had been quietly reading some of the paperwork that involved the recent interrogations of some of the prisoners. It was odd, in the past she would have been troubled by the things written in these reports. The things her department did were sometimes... Questionable to say the least, but now? After all the things she had seen and experienced Esperia knew that sometimes drastic measures were needed.

Leaning back in her chair she decided to let a particular memory resurface, allowing her thoughts to drift toward it. It was during one of her travels, she had decided to return to the North of Fiore to see how it had been doing ever since the remnants of the Sentinel Syndicate had disappeared and a new guild had flourished in its place. It was there she had met 'him' again. On a cliff overlooking the old miner's town that was once part of the Syndicate's domain Esperia simply remained silent as the man beside her gazed down at the scenery.

#2Ryuko 

Close-kept memories Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:26 am

Ryuko

"Tell me Esperia..." The man spoke, causing her to lift her gaze away from the scenery as she instead turned to face him. "When is it enough?" The words clearly were bitter and sorrowful as the man continued. "I kill, I kill, I continue to kill all this evil, and yet it will never be enough... Never enough to free me from my sins, never enough to reach our ideals."

The words made Esperia turn silent for a moment, not sure of what to say. To provide him comfort and tell him it would be alright was just a fool's hope, a lie that would be a disservice to the sacrifices he had made. "I'm afraid there is no end to our burden: We desire to create a better world, one free of evil. And yet such an ideal world is a contradiction on its own."

The man's eyes carried so much pain, so much suffering. "A contradiction?" Esperia nodded her head lightly as she continued her explanation. "There where light shines, so do shadows dwell. As long as there is good, there will be evil in this world, and as such the killing will never truly end."

The man lowered his head, his hands balling up into fists as his nails dug into his skin so firmly that they started bleeding.

#3Ryuko 

Close-kept memories Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:32 am

Ryuko

Esperia raised a hand lightly, carefully trailing onto the man's own as he handed her a small vial containing a red liquid. "Are you sure this is all you need of me? I promised I would be your champion but-"

Esperia shook her head gently as she accepted the vial and gently stashed it away. "It is fine, I will carry on the burden for us. Until the day I die, I will keep fighting for a better world in my way."

The man sighed, lifting his gaze to her as he smiled at her. "Thank you Morrigan- no Esperia. Thank you... for setting me free."

The man turned around and started walking away, making Esperia decide to look in his direction till he disappeared. "Go in peace... Tomoe Tanaka."

And with these words she closed her eyes. She knew it would be the last time the world would see the real Tomoe Tanaka, but she knew his role in their shared ideals was still far from over.

#4Ryuko 

Close-kept memories Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:42 am

Ryuko

Her focus returned onto reality Esperia rose from her seat and started to walk over toward the door, opening it as she walked past the saluting knights. It was time to set in motion the next course of action. In order to ensure she would accomplish the path they had both walked she had been prepared for what would come ahead, but for that to be possible she needed to carry out the rest of her plan.

At the same time those thoughts drifted into her mind a voice called out from deeper in the dungeon. "Captain!" A knight, one of the guards of the dungeon and a member of her department came rushing toward her. "What is the matter?" Esperia asked, her voice calm and gentle as the knight continued. "It's... there has been an incident."

Esperia's gaze sharpened for a moment as she continued. "Continue." The knight nodded as he followed Esperia's approach toward the deeper areas of the dungeon. "It's about the section where we contained Tomoe Tanaka Captain, he..."

As she arrived at the cell of the man, she found him hanging against the wall, arms spread to the side and both his wrists and feet crucified. A macabre sight.

"Wasn't he supposed to be guarded at all times in this isolated section?" The knight nodded his head firmly. "It appears there were several prisoners in the bordering ward who broke free from their cells..." Esperia's eyes sharpened into a glare. "And the guards?" "They were detained and are currently being interrogated by the department Captain as you instructed."

The captain nodded her head firmly in response. "And, any news?"

#5Ryuko 

Close-kept memories Empty Fri Sep 16, 2022 3:52 am

Ryuko

"Yes, one of the guards confessed to being bribed to release the prisoners and redirect them to Tomoe's cell." Esperia nodded her head firmly. "Keep interrogating them, and the prisoners? What about them?"

The man watched Esperia step into the cell as he continued. "They told us they were promised that they would be helped in escaping the dungeon if they killed Tomoe."

Esperia hummed softly. "Ask our Captain Commander to come to my office, meanwhile tell the Headsman to start sharpening their axe."

The knight straightened up as he asked hesitatingly. "The headsman?" To which Esperia nodded her head firmly. "We got some cultists among our prisoners."

It seemed her trap had sprung, and she was now about to get rid of one obstacle. The knight looked in bewilderment as Esperia waved a hand in front of the man's face, causing the enchantment to fade away. "That's-" The knight's words were one of shock. "Not the real Tomoe Tanaka, he was a double I placed because I expected something like this to happen. The real Tomoe is about to stand trial in Crocus."

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum