Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 8:35 pm

Ryuko

Ever since she started preparing for the next stage in her plan Esperia had decided to scout out the city of Crocus. It was important for her to know the layout of the city and its people in case there would be complications during the trial. Unfortunately, it appeared she had arrived amidst something of a crisis. A giant monstrous creature resembling an ogre had been unleashed onto the streets of Crocus, and amidst this chaos the Rune Knights had been working diligently to capture the giant creature. Such a task was of course far from easy considering the massive size of the creature and the fact the request was made for it to be returned alive for further research. Overall, a very complicated assignment had been given to the knights and even now they were not certain on how to handle it.

A confrontation with the rampaging creature would lead to only more casualties and damage to property, but something clearly had to be done! And soon as well...

WC: 150/2500

Last edited by Esperia on Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

#2Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:21 pm

Ryuko

It was perhaps fortunate that she had decided to show up, for Esperia had already taken into consideration the massive size of the ogre and developed an idea. "Try to lead the Ogre toward the Domus Flau, we'll restrain it there."

Restrain? How in the blazes did one even restrain a rampaging ogre? Sure leading him to the Domus Flau would be doable, but to restrain him there? They needed a miracle! It was clear that the knights thought the same thing. "Don't worry about what to do, your job is to get it there, I'll deal with it once he gets there."

Watching the vampire make her way to the Domus Flau the knights could only watch in bewilderment as she seemed so confident that she could take down the ogre. Meanwhile some of the knights had already started to surround the ogre, throwing rocks toward the giant creature to earn its ire! So far it seemed to be working for the ogre turned around and started to angrily chase the knights that were running down the street!

WC: 150
Total WC: 300/2500

#3Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:26 pm

Ryuko

Esperia watched calmly as the ogre chased after the knights. Just from observation alone she could tell the giant was primarily relying on its massive body and physical strength, in terms of agility and speed it was quite lackluster, nothing she wouldn't be able to handle. The woman smiled as the knights reached the arena, the ogre charging after them as the knights ran over toward her. "Now what?!" The knights called out in a panic as Esperia approached the ogre. "Now I'll do my job~"

One step... another.. breaking into a lunge Esperia dashed underneath the ogre's body, making the giant creature pause and slowly turn around to face her, but by then Esperia had already done what she wanted to: drawing its attention toward her.

"Best thing to do when fighting a monster? Getting another monster to deal with it~" Raising a hand to her mouth she bit lightly into her flesh as the mana within her body flared into an aura that made even the ogre hesitate for a moment.

Total WC: 450/2500

#4Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:33 pm

Ryuko

The knights could only look in disbelief as the Commander of the Interrogation squad underwent her metamorphosis into the Titan, the juggernaut that raised an arm and easily caught the swung fist of the ogre. The creature could only look in disbelief as the Titan forcefully shoved the ogre back, a step and a forceful sweep of its leg making the ogre fall off-balance and with the same ease of taking candy from a child the Titan forced the ogre onto the ground.

The creature attempted to recover, growling and snarling at her as Esperia raised a fist and made it crash down onto the face of the ogre with enough force to knock it out.

The knights looked in a mixture of awe and disbelief as the Titan crouched down beside the ogre, a soft sizzling sound coming from the body of the Titan. As more knights arrived with chains and similar restrains to deal with the ogre the sight of Esperia pulling herself out of the nape of the Titan made them look toward her as one asked hesitatingly:

"What in the world are you?"

Total WC: 600/2500

#5Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:40 pm

Ryuko

Climbing out of the Titan's nape Esperia landed on the ground beside the dissolving Titan, her gaze turning toward the knight who addressed her. "Me? I'm just a love struck and loyal wife~" The knight blinked for a moment. "No! I mean that magic! that transformation! You just grew into a massive giant and whacked the ogre into submission! That's not normal!"

Esperia's lips curved up into a smile as she chimed in response. "Ah~ That's a special type of magic I mastered~ If you're interested to learn more I can possibly teach you~ However..."

The knights looked clearly interested and fascinated at her as she paused. "However?" To which Esperia grinned teasingly in response. "I can only teach you for free if you join the Interrogation department~ As their Captain I need to do my best to bring in new recruits, right?"

The playful response of the woman made the knights laugh, seemingly forgetting about their earlier concerns altogether, something Esperia was glad for.

Total WC: 750/2500

#6Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:24 pm

Ryuko

After they observed the ogre being taken away for further research and observation in a more properly suited location, Esperia had accepted the invitation of the knights to go for a round of drinks after their shift. Which had led to the current situation: The small group was nestled at one of the tables in the inn, and while they were enjoying their drinks Esperia continued to regal them with the origins of the magic.

"While most will likely think that Titan Magic traces back to the monstrous creatures that plagued the north, this is actually a wrong assumption." Esperia's smile lingered for a moment as she continued. "The origins of Titan magic are far more complex. They trace back to an ancient civilization."

The knights were listening with clear interest as she continued. "While most records of this civilization has disappeared over the passage of time, they possessed nine warriors, each possessing the ability to transform into a powerful entity that later became known as a Titan due to its size and juggernaut-like properties. They are a physical force to behold, as seen earlier. Although the magic can be passed on to a successor."

The knights seemed curious upon hearing these words as one of them asked with a hint of fascination clearly present on their face: "Who did you inherit the Titan magic from?"

Total WC: 900/2500

#7Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:30 pm

Ryuko

Esperia closed her eyes for a moment. "My first lover... She died several years ago." The mood turned somber for a moment after one of the knights suddenly blurted out. "Tell us more! How did you meet her?"

The question caused her cheeks to flush up briefly in embarrassment, seemingly having not expected that question but she decided to tell the tale nonetheless. "Let's see... It was back when I was seventeen and just started adventuring~ Back then I used to travel alongside my childhood friend, a very pretty and cheerful lass~ I actually had a huge crush on her but my heart was broken when said friend was oblivious to my feelings and tried to pursue our mutual mentor."

One of the knights went 'oof', the other chimed he had no idea why a friend would have been so blind but Esperia merely smiled. "In the hope of turning my attention elsewhere I started taking on requests for help in Baska, doing trivial jobs and chores here and there. It was through one of these jobs I befriended a doctor who introduced me to her: My first lover Fiammetta Barone."

Total WC: 1050/2500

#8Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 10:37 pm

Ryuko

The name seemingly ringed a bell with some of them. "Hmm, name sounds familiar oddly enough..." To which Esperia replied with a smirk. "Yes, she used to be a part of the Rune Knights. Quite a feisty and stubborn one~ But Fia had her heart in the right place, family and I always came before everything else, her dad had taught her as such."

A brief nod came from the knights as she continued. "For most Titan Magic is as much a powerful blessing as it is a cure. Because it is said that these who inherit the magic usually get a shortened life-span. I don't know the origins of that rumor, but it is said these who inherit the power of a Titan die within eight years."

The news was startling for sure, but trying to ease their worries Esperia hummed softly. "But I'm not like most~ My body adapted well to the magic so I doubt you guys will get rid of me in eight years from now~"

Hearing these words seemed at least slightly reassuring.

Total WC: 1200/2500

#9Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:13 pm

Ryuko

It was after several hours that they finally parted ways, and after watching the knights walk back toward their barracks Esperia started to walk down the street. A gentle hum escaped her lips yet her paced slowed slightly at the sight of the hooded figure that was standing further down the streets.

"How is it going?" The figure asked her as she walked past them, and they started walking beside her. "Things are proceeding smoothly. Most of it at least. It still will require some work, but if all goes as planned the Eternal Nightmare will find themselves exposed should they try to attack Hargeon."

The hooded figure remained quiet for a moment till they finally spoke. "It seems we are being followed Esperia. And not by some adoring fans this time."

Esperia's lips curved up in a smile, having spotted the figures sulking in the shadows. There was no doubt about their identity, but she had still not expected for it to be this soon.

"They must be getting nervous if they are already sending their own to silence us."

Total WC: 1350/2500

#10Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:19 pm

Ryuko

The hooded figure simply smiled at her as she lowered her hood, revealing the youthful features of her companion. "We can't really blame them Esperia. To reveal yourself as one of the Nine you earned quite the ire from some of the houses."

One of the assassins emerged from the shadows, a bold move for sure. "Esperia Zachaeus?" The assassin called out to her, to which Esperia merely smiled at them. "And to who do I owe the pleasure of this encounter?" Yet the man simply flourished a dagger from his sleeve and ran up toward her in response to the answer. However, before he could even sweep the dagger in her direction the woman lunged forwards, her body arching lower as it avoided the dagger's trajectory entirely and her hand reached for their stomach.

A sudden spasm came from the assassin's body as he collapsed onto his knees, his stomach bleeding feverously while Esperia licked her blooded fingers. The remaining assassins decided to answer this showing of hostility by emerging from the shadows, leading the hooded figure to chime softly: To disembowel them with your bare hands, you really are scary..."

Total WC: 1500/2500

#11Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:25 pm

Ryuko

The first of the assassins decided to attack her by means of magic, a stretching of their arms and the sign of the magic seal in front of them making Esperia break out in a sprint. The assassin thought it to be futile, believing his spell would go off before she could reach her, and indeed the bloody projectile that took the shape of a lance soared toward her, but this time Esperia simply jumped over the spear, letting it fly underneath her body as she swept her leg at the side of the vampire's head with enough speed their couldn't react properly. The assassin was send reeling toward the nearby wall, collapsing against it while three assassins remained. One of them charged toward her companion while yelling at his allies: "Summon 'it'!" To which his allies started to mutter an incantation, yet his decision to rush at her companion was clearly a foolish idea, for the moment he reached her his body froze.

"T-this spell... N-no way... you're the... real--- za-" Letting out a pained cry the man's body started to swell up like a balloon that finally popped into a grotesque shower of blood and organs. But even then Esperia had not the time to watch the show, for the two assassins that were left had been scheming something.

Total WC: 1650/2500

#12Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:30 pm

Ryuko

Lunging toward the assassins she was a moment too late, for the summoning ritual was completed and as a giant shadow started to rise in front of her Esperia lunged backwards, clearly on guard. A giant ogre stood in front of her, albeit it clearly looked more savage and corrupted, it didn't take a genius to figure out the ogre had been tainted by demonic powers.

"Haha! how is that for an opponent? Even you must be terrified of our champion!" The assassin yelled in a taunt while the other called out. "Attack her!" But instead the ogre roared loudly, a arm sweeping toward the vampire as it grabbed a hold of him and brought him to his large head, the maws opening as it started to tear into the screaming vampire.

"Guess so much for keeping your summons under control~" Esperia mused softly while the other vampire fled in a panic. Nonetheless, the ogre was clearly still not satisfied, for his red eyes turned their focus toward Esperia...

Total WC: 1800/2500

#13Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:35 pm

Ryuko

The ogre swung a fist at Esperia, one she dodged by jumping onto its outstretched arm and swinging at his shoulder with her hand, but even her vampiric body couldn't pierce the rough hide of this creature.

"Che~" Esperia muttered as the giant swept its arm, forcing her to jump away from the giant monster and think of a new approach. Lunging toward him she swept a hand toward him, yet as she passed by she could feel even his vitals were covered by that same thick hide. She needed to think of something else. Unfortunately turning into a Titan here would be tricky. But considering there was nobody in the street right now, perhaps she could use another of her tricks?

The ogre lunged at her once more, yet this time Esperia lunged underneath his giant body and remerged behind him, using his lower back as a stepping stone to jump further upwards and as she reached for his nape thrust her hand toward it.

Total WC: 1950/2500

#14Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:40 pm

Ryuko

It seemed she had hit a weak spot, for the skin gave way and she felt her hand pierce into his neck, yet it was at that time something odd started to happen: The vampire felt something brush against her hand, and instinctively she withdrew her hand and jumped back as the ogre collapsed onto its stomach. For a moment it looked like it had died, but then its body started to spasm violently and from its nape a serpent-like creature arose. Was it a demonic parasite possessing the ogre? It seemed the case for even as the ogre had died its body started to rise up again as if it was a puppet being manipulated by the parasite that hovered behind its head.

"That's disgusting even for my standards..." Esperia muttered softly as she took a combative stance. The ogre started to lunge again but it was at that moment a sudden arrow sailed past her, hitting the serpent's body and making it reel slightly backwards, pulling the ogre's body along with it.

Total WC: 2100/2500

#15Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:45 pm

Ryuko

"Hah! Getting some additional paycheck without us?" One of the knights she had met earlier called out to her, the man wielding his bow while at his side the two other knights came charging in, one brandishing his sword and shield while the other was wielding a spear.

"You guys- didn't you leave?" Esperia called out in bewilderment, but the knight replied in response as he charged past her. "We didn't see you come with us, so we got worried." The man trusts his spear at the ogre who roared in a monstrous noise, yet his large swinging fist was intercepted by the shield of the other knight. "Us Rune Knights look out for each other!"

Esperia smiled briefly as another arrow was shot at the demonic parasite. "Now let's finish this so we can have that paycheck, 'Captain'?"

Esperia's smile widened as she allowed her vampiric wings to emerge from her back. "Right! And drinks are on me once we're done!"

Total WC: 2250/2500

#16Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:49 pm

Ryuko

The parasite clearly was aware it was being cornered, for the giant ogre started to flail its body wildly at the knights. However, by doing so he had lost track of Esperia who had zoomed past the ogre and was approaching the parasite, her hand imbued with a crimson hue and a violent thrusting motion was made for the parasite's neck.

The creature screeched in a disturbing noise, a screech that turned worse when Esperia severed its neck from its body, a way she perceived that would surely end the parasite's control over the ogre's body. And indeed, that seemed to had been the case for the giant slowly toppled over and remained lifeless on the floor.

"What the heck was that..." One of the knights muttered as Esperia approached them, her wings retracting into her back. "Demonic Parasites, cultists use them to gain dominance over their victims and make them into dangerous puppets. Although it was the first time I saw it used on an ogre..."

Total WC: 2400/2500

#17Ryuko 

Monster Hunting (S-rank NQ) Empty Thu Sep 15, 2022 11:54 pm

Ryuko

"The knights nodded their head in affirmation at her. "We'll have to contact the headquarters about this. I didn't think there were cultists hiding in Crocus." Esperia nodded her head somberly, not wanting to correct their assumption.

"Between the Ogre and the Parasite I think we made quite a paycheck honestly. But I wonder why they decided to attack you out of nowhere. Perhaps they knew you were a Captain?"

Esperia shook her head lightly in response to that question. "Possibly, someone like me makes a lot of enemies in the underworld. Anyways, how about we get these bodies taken in so we can go home and call it a day? Unlike you guys, I have a wife waiting for me."

To which one of the knights' replied in faux offense. "That's cruel, even for you." Yet as their laughter ringed through the street Esperia's gaze shifted toward the rooftops. She would talk to her mentor another time...

Total WC: 2550/2500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum