Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Of casks and blades. (open)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kaida-Doji 

Of casks and blades. (open) Empty Sat Aug 20, 2022 12:53 pm

Kaida-Doji
“Oi! This is Fairy Tail right?!” She kicked the door open, its wooden doors slamming against the walls, and confidently strutted into the guildhall. The half-oni’s expression was locked into a portrait of smug confidence, one of indomitable spirit and boundless enthusiasm. She had heard of this Fairy Tail guild, of their fame and their name. It sounded fun, to join a guild of reckless hot heads that always caused a ruckus but of course that wasn’t the real reason for Kaida’s interest. She was here for one reason and one reason only, a rather simple and easily understood reason at that.

“I am the strongest under heaven! Send your greatest at me! I’ll fight and beat you all! Bahahahaha!” She declared her challenge to all present within the guild hall, slamming her chest with her left fist, the censer hanging from her right horn swaying side to side. A confident strut carried Kaida to the bar’s counter and once there, the half-oni slammed a hand onto the counter.

“Hey you. Bartender. Booze. You got any good stuff in? I’ll take a barrel.” She threw her head backwards in a confident and boisterous laugh, her raucous voice filling the entire guild hall. Kaida reached into the depths of her outfit, withdrawing a handful of coins, and slammed them down onto the counter. That would be enough, she was sure. Even if she was probably spending way more than a barrel warranted Kaida didn’t care! Do everything with energetic gusto!

The half-oni turned back towards the rest of the guild hall, leaning against the bar’s counter, her smug grin unfaltering and unrelenting. She wanted to see who here was brave enough to stand before her! The possibility of getting her ass entirely handed to her did cross Kaida’s mind but….here's the thing. If you kept coming back, kept challenging them, it didn’t matter how many times you lost. Losses were just…stepping stones to a true victory.

#2Judith Karlinius 

Of casks and blades. (open) Empty Sat Aug 20, 2022 2:30 pm

Judith Karlinius
There was always something Judith found, Remarkable about the newly found and boundless energy of a new face walking into her guild. While most of the members just kind of watched in passing for the most part, Because the person at the helm serving drinks was. None other then the current guild master herself, Judith Karlinius. Even if she could be doing other paper work for a few other guild related things she did take time out of her day to still do what she was known before she accepted the request to become guild master. That was just drink making and cooking.

So when some one just boldly come in with these claims Judith seemed to keep what she could say about it to herself, only because she was not one to want to do much about it.But since she requested the good stuff. Judith started by simply placing her money back to her."A curious thought bloomed my ever sprouting wonder to your request."She simply mentioned since she wanted to know form this person."What is it you consider the strongest? After all the guild master prides herself on keeping a well stocked collection. Only the most daring of souls seek out her truly strongest of drinks."So before she really left it to be something simple and got asked about who the guild master was, since this person did not ask yet and Judith did not need to reveal herself.

Yet the blue eyed, white haired elf would give her a list."What is kept that is considered the strongest available to strongest and well grown sprouts are the following: 192 proof Vodka, Everclear, Gold Grain, Sunset Rum or off of the shelf Absinthe."Judith as starting this woman a good starting basis of what she had in stock that would be known to the guild members.

But with that also came a few things she would hint at."But if none of them are things your curious and ever growing mind is not ready for, you could always root yourself the standard wines that the guild mast buys or even some of that she makes herself, There is still Beer, Ale and Ciders if you wished for the barrel."Judith gave her members options that is for sure not wanting to disappoint."If one is brave enough one could consider asking for The Great Fairy Mother's Absinthe or Moonshine that she is rumoured to be brewing as well, You have options a plenty."Judith now would wait to see what would happen, She had in mind what to expect in some manner but she did not want to place a branch on it yet.

#3Kaida-Doji 

Of casks and blades. (open) Empty Sat Aug 20, 2022 4:46 pm

Kaida-Doji
Eh? Do you need to ask?! It’s about being undefeated! About overcoming everything before you! Every opponent, every problem, every barrier, every threat! Bahahaha! The strongest under heaven need not fear anything!” And yet again, her laughter boomed from her chest, her lungs swelling with the oxygen and of course, prideful boasting. Hah! Really…asking what the strongest was! Who needed to ask that?! Everyone knew what being the strongest meant! It was clear as day! An obvious law that was readily apparent to everyone!

Heh….you’re serious about asking that, eh? Well, I’ll be nice and give you a better answer over that cask.” Kaida sat her ass down on a bar stool, leaning back against the bar, folding one leg over the other as she took in the details of the bartender. Hmmmm. Didn't look like someone who was very tough. Pah! Kaida had very much been expecting somebody to step up and answer her challenge but the patrons drinking from their cups seemed very much uninterested in that. Bah! Boring! Wasn’t Fairy Tail meant to be the kind of guild always up to make a ruckus?!

Bah. I’ll take the Cider. You got anything fruity?” Kaida tapped her toes against the floor, eyes scanning the room, an annoyed vocalisation escaping from the very depths of her throat. Gah! This sucks! Was nobody here going to answer her challenge?! There was no fun in winning by default! No honour! No glory! It was cheating too! How could you be the strongest under heaven without proving it through strength of arms?!

Gah! You know anybody here who's good for a fight? I didn’t not walk from Joya to be let down!” Yet again, Kaida spoke about her desire for a fight, pushing off from the bar and climbing atop a nearby table. She wouldn’t let herself be simply brushed off this time!

Oi! Fairy Tail! Everyone’s said you’re a bunch of loud mouths who are never afraid to cause a ruckus! So come on! Show me! Give me a fight! I’ll take you all on at once if I have to!” Yet again, her challenge was issued, delivered with an even greater amount of foolhardy boldness than before. The Strongest Under Heaven refused to allow herself to be denied!

#4Ryuko 

Of casks and blades. (open) Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 10:51 am

Ryuko

Boing boing boing...

The sound of something soft bouncing could be heard answering the loud challenge that was proclaimed. It was then a cheerful voice resounded through the air. "How loud... They do say puppies who bark the loudest have the lightest of bites."

A soft hum sounded nearby as a majestic throne hovered into view, revealing a small slime sitting in it. "Say Judith, I know you have a motherly disposition toward others but do you seriously have to pick up every stray you encounter? At this rate the guild hall might as well become a shelter."

The slime chimed softly as it turned its attention toward the lass who was standing on one of the tables. "Say Little one~ Did you wipe your feet before climbing onto that table? Else I might have to force you to clean it... once you get off the table of course~"

A soft laugh came from beside the throne as Sillas stepped beside the throne, the wanna-be vampire lord exclaiming excitedly. "Reminds me of that time Master taught the minotaur of Seven a lesson in humility."

The slime remained seated on her throne, her gaze shifting from the challenger to Judith and chimed softly. "Do let me know if I need to play bouncer~ This lass seems like a fun one to blow outside."

Then again, she did promise Priscilla she wouldn't cause any problems. Then again, it had been a while since she had some chance to exercise a little, and surely this wouldn't be labeled as a problem, right? The slime bounced in its seat on the throne once more. "Although it's been a while since I heard someone so energetic enter the guild hall, makes it kind of refreshing in all honesty."

- Used Dimensional Travel from my throne to enter the topic~

#5Judith Karlinius 

Of casks and blades. (open) Empty Sun Aug 21, 2022 11:35 am

Judith Karlinius
It almost seemed the casual relaxed behaviour of Judith changed completely, Only sign of it was just a sigh as Judith turned away and started walking up stairs. It would be simple to get a cask of slightly sweet apple cider, since it was not touched as some of the darker ale or beer she carried in the guild hall, Plus with the mention of her name, if this lady was smart enough to put two and two together in the manner she thought of, it exposes Judith as the fairy tail guild master and that Kaida has been talking to the main person of the guild the entire time. Then again she might really need to stop playing around that since it might risk problems down the road.

But first thing first, Judith would give Kaida exactly what she ordered, While carrying something for Esperia as well. Something she think Esperia would enjoy. But first thing is first. It was time to deliver the drinks. Judith would come from behind that counter the housed the kitchen she set up long a go and placed the entire cask of cider. Walk back to her station, Make up a bonus drink for Kaida in which was just a simple Mojito."A cask of apple cider and a mint mojito for you."She then walked back to the station walked over to Esperia, picked up a few things and walked over to the slime and placed a gift wrapped box."I have been meaning to give this to you, It is from my husband and I Esperia."She then walked back to the station she was at to start with, were she made her food, her drinks and well just simple waited to what might happen.

But first maybe another part of the conversation needed to continue."Let's us be nice to her, After all. I can admit I have not been forth coming with who i am to her."Judith wanted to see if really that very thing she wanted to do could be avoided still. Always left a sour taste in her mouth. But maybe she should just stop playing around the line."Most of the loud mouths you might be wanting to meet have been sent out to work."Which is how Judith kept things going, keep them working, Keep them eating and drinking the guild was happy to avoid these situations popping up."Under the orders of their guild master...Or should I say me."The ruse did not seem as fun now and it was time to see which part would interest this stranger more an actual challenge or seeking to best a person off their title.

"For I am Fairy Tail's guild master. Judith Karlinius."It was time to see what would be the sol focus for this visitor. But she would point to Esperia first and say."But that slime over there is for more powerful and I and more then willing to fight you. If you ever so choose to get that out of your system."Then she would move on to another explanation that  she already could tell would risk annoying this person, even if she just gave her an entire cask of cider and a drink on the house."I will refuse to fight you, For I was not elected Fairy Tail guild master for my combat abilities, I have a feeling you would be left unhappy if i tried."Esperia was not a part of her plan to start with, but if she was here anyway might as well just alter her ideas.

Then she would simple fill up a glass of water from behind her counter, walk over to Esperia placed some where with in reach on her throne and walk back to her station."But that is just the Great Fairy Mother's recommendation if you wish to, I entirely think your are okay to just sit here, drink maybe allow me to cook you a meal and we can talk more about things you might want to know, This is an offer I give most strangers who are interested in Fairy Tail."Then when Judith was back at her normal spot she just rested on the order window sill and waited to see what would happen as it seemed to interest her.

#6Kaida-Doji 

Of casks and blades. (open) Empty Wed Aug 24, 2022 2:11 pm

Kaida-Doji
Yeah? You gonna put your money where your mouth is? I’m dying to see the rumoured strength of Fairy Tail. ” The half-oni’s barking continued but it contained an apparent willingness to take the slime up on their challenge. It would be rather funny to see how that little ball could stand up to her but maybe they had some magic or something. In fact, that was exactly what Kaida wanted. She wanted a fight! To see if Fairy Tail was worth the sake she used up walking all this way and of course, to defeat each and every single one of them.

Hell yeah.” Without skipping a beat, Kaida cracked open the cask and lifted it up to her lips, taking one massive and rather hearty gulp, all without a single pause or need to take a breath. This was cider huh? Not half bad. Still, even if the booze was good the company was something else entirely! A jumped up ball of popped bubble gum and Fairy Tail’s guildmaster?! Excellent! The guild master bit anyway, the bubble gum could bounce out of a window for all Kaida cared.

Eh? They’re what?! None of them are here?! And you won’t fight me?! Gah!!!!!!” The half-oni made yet another outburst. She threw her head back in despair, clasping the sides of it, truly and utterly disappointed beyond measure! Jeez…..Kaida had been expecting to find the strongest and the greatest here but they weren’t here! And the guild master themselves was a pacifist?! Ahhh! They were the worst kinds of people….!

With her spirits truly dampened , Kaida could not help but relent, grumbling and pouting but eventually sitting down on the table.Yes, the table. Not any of the chairs but the table itself. She took another healthy swig from the cask of cider, slamming it down on the table next to her before exhaling. A sense of disappointment struck Kaida. She could only sigh, the metaphorical wind taken out of her sails, before realising there was an opportunity here.

...Well I am pretty hungry. Alright. Cook away lady. I don’t know much about your guild anyway. I just heard you’re a bunch of loud ruckus causing types always up for a good tangle..” The rumour mill was working against both Kaida and Fairy Tail it seemed. The half-oni had been expecting a hot blooded guild full of tough types who were always for a scrap but that…very much seemed to not be the case. Might just be because the hot blooded types aren’t here right now.

#7Ryuko 

Of casks and blades. (open) Empty Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:38 am

Ryuko

Heaving a sigh the slime mused softly. "Seems all the barking turned her deaf..." Turning her gaze sideways at Judith the slime bounced once into the air, taking her humanoid form as she continued. "What Judith so kindly illustrated to you just now is the fact that our guild master has no need to abandon her peaceful ways. Although she is capable of taking action when needed, the guild members are all more than capable of answering a threat to its people or the guild."

Seated on the throne Esperia's gaze turned toward the half-oni as she spoke. "It is for that reason a lot of the guild members tend to go from one job to another, often remaining in the heat of action and only return when they require rest or tending to their wounds."

Yet the earlier assumption of the half-oni's speculation that there was none of the guild's members around amused her. An assumption she intended to correct. "There is a member of Fairy Tail right in front of you. Although I usually only get called upon when shit hits the fan so to speak. The reason being that I am among one of the stronger mages of Fiore's population."

As if on cue her gaze sharpened a little as she hummed softly. "By the way~ You're still on top of the table~"

It was at that time the slime decided to use the power of her throne. Neither gesture or magic circle hinted at what was to come. Instead she had manipulated the density of one of her spells, a bullet-shaped projectile that had its velocity and pressure altered to ensure that rather than piercing, it would serve like a bludgeoning effect. Aimed straight at the half-oni's torso, said Finger Assassination Bullet spell would carry enough force to knock even a trained warrior off their feet, and due to the nature of the spell armor did little to hold back the power of the spell.

Whether it knocked the half-oni off the table or not didn't matter to her, as long as she realized that the mages of Fairy Tail should not be underestimated. Stifling a yawn with her hand Esperia turned her gaze from the half-oni toward Judith. "By the way Judith, we need to talk later~ I got some reports about some stuff that happened in Hargeon that demands your attention."

Indeed, it was clear that the slime girl was not taking the hot-blooded taunts from the half-oni serious in even the slightest. Perhaps because she already knew the difference in their strength? Unlike some, Esperia certainly didn't mind putting a hot-blooded newcomer in their place if they deserved it. And from the looks of it this one certainly deserved it at the very least.

---
Mostly for reference, this is the spell Espy used to try to knock you off the table:

Name: Finger Bullet Assassination
Mana Cost: 1000
Requirements: Osbornes, the Blue Slime Queen
Type: Offensive
Element: Water
Range: 25 Meters
Cooldown: 5 Posts
Duration: Instant
Effect: The user holds their arm out straight, makes a finger gun with their hand, and, through the liquid from their body, compresses a drop of water in their index finger, firing it with tremendous force and speed similar to a gunshot — enough to easily pierce through armor. The bullet is quite small and is a perfect sphere with a diameter of 2 centimeters. Finger Bullet Assassination does not create a magic circle since it is not an actual spell, moves at double the regular spell speed, and inflicts full damage to both the target and their equipment. Though, in return, Finger Bullet Assassination cannot be affected by magic enhancements and mana reduction. This cannot be nullified.

but she used her throne's effect to make it happen without any gestures:
Emperor's Command: As long as the user is seated on the throne, the user may activate their spells without any casting motions. At most, the user may cast 3 spells within the same turn without casting motions.

#8Judith Karlinius 

Of casks and blades. (open) Empty Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:40 pm

Judith Karlinius
There was a bit of a sigh that it turned out the way it did but Judith was a Guild Master, she lined the pieces up to how some one would want them. But Esperia made good points."The loud mouth hot heads. Need a medium that is far more calm and motherly to help then when they are back from work. Thus even before I was Guild Master. I would see to the loud rough ones return to tend to their wounds, cook them food, give them drinks. All a sign to allow rest with out worry until either I give them or they find their next task."At least in the end Judith seemed to understand why it might seem disappointing up front. Maybe if this lady stuck around it would be understood eventually why things where this way, But Judith had a feeling one person might be stuck in their ways where this would be forever strange.

After Esperia's spell went off Judith merely sighed in disappointment."Don't kill the poor woman at least."Judith said she had a feeling Kaida would be okay but Guild Master mentions she would wait to see if the oni woman was still moving after this situation."Then we can quietly talk some one else later, I had wanted to visit my daughter's grave later Esperia you are more then welcome to join me."This was a sign of how private she could see in that manner, if it was that important then they could go then."Your gift is steel bottled white wine for your partner and yourself just to mention Esperia, I asked my husband to make it for you while I was busy with a few other things."Judith was a busy lady but she showed thanks in many ways.

Then as she waited to see if Kaida was going to get up or not she would simply mention."I do hope your okay miss, I would hate to see the negima yakitori I am about to make for you get cold."Judith said as she started slicing the raw meat to prepared it to be skewered and then booked over a charbroil flame. It would take a bit of time so at least there was a chance for what the food was to be set in, Judith had a feeling this lady would enjoy about ten of them with a bit larger sizes of meat that was normally called for. This was something she learned ina cook book for some of the fairy tails members in the past.

(exit)

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum