Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

OAK - WHAT LIES BENEATH[Solo C Quest: NEUTRAL]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Nana 

OAK - WHAT LIES BENEATH[Solo C Quest: NEUTRAL] Empty Sun Aug 07, 2022 7:06 pm

Nana

I ain't afraid of no ghosts

Nana was not too familiar with the underground of Oak. She had been here for years, but the majority of her time had been in the streets. The quest she had been tasked with, what peculiar indeed. Apparently there was a haunting of some sort beneath the church of Oakland. The green haired girl had heard rumors in the past about such an event- though it seemed that it happened in this place quite often. In fact, Nana was sure that she could ask many mages if they had quelled ghosts beneath this church and they would say they had.

The daemon girl peered down into a dark hole in the basement of the church. "Do be careful down there... and whatever you do, please don't disturb the spirits unnecessarily." said a priest nearby, clearly much too afraid to go down there himself.

The goal was to remove the spirits and that's what Nana would do. If the priest wished for a more satisfactory outcome- then perhaps he could man up as a man of the cloth and use his religion to cleanse the spirits. Nana didn't respond to the man verbally, she simply nodded her head and leaped into the dark hole. For most, they would have a difficult time seeing. Nana was a daemon and could see well in the darkness.

The act of going from the basement, to the hole, was like traversing a rift. Up top, the atmosphere had only been stale and quiet. Once down in the hole, the atmosphere had become heavy and damp, eerie even. The hairs on Nana's neck stood on end and she subconsciously raised her two hands into the air. Magic flurried about her hands and then two daggers had appeared as if from nowhere. I can see why the priest didn't wish to come down here... but I thought the purpose of religion was to see their god. Doing their lords work shouldn't put fear in them? she thought to herself, scoffing at the idea of religion. What a sham.

Nana could feel she was being watched. "Who's there?" she called out into the darkness of the catacomb tunnels. At first, there was no response. In fact, the action of using her voice had seemed to silence the unspeakable sounds that echoed through the tunnels. Then, the silence faded and the chaotic sounds resumed. Distant at first, then closer and closer. Just around a corner in the catacombs, nana knew something was coming in her direction. Around it came, a darkened spirit of a woman whom was holding her own head in her hands. Her head was held close to her chest and the woman's eyes were gone- yet she still seemed to know exactly where Nana was and made her way at a quickened pace upon sight of the daemon girl.

"Please! Please! Oh would you please find my son? He is lost somewhere down here and I haven't been able to find him for quite some time. I will be very thankful for your assistance!" said the specter. It was clear to Nana that this spirit only wished to be reunited with their child... but could Nana promise this spirit a success? It was likely that the ghost was deranged and its memories weren't in tact. Worse, it could be evil and use a ruse to make Nana drop her guard.

Nana slightly lowered her weapons and appeared interested in conversing. In either case, it was best to get the ghost's trust. She edged closer to the spirit and began to converse. "What is your son's name? Can you give me a description so I may assist you?" she said, knowing well that asking an undead to remember specific things could prove quite challenging.

Much closer to the spirit now, Nana could easily reach out and touch the spirit, yet she remained aware and ready to strike. At Nana's words and implied meaning, the ghost smiled. It was grateful for assistance. The smile faded quickly however, as the spirit attempted to recall it's son's face, with much effort. Finally, the woman remembered her son's name. "Ulrich. His nam-" was what the spirit said, or at least managed to say before a dagger was inserted into it's mouth and through the corpse spirit's chest.

Nana pulled her dagger free as the corpse fell to the ground and exhaled an unnatural scream as its ethereal form escaped and dissipated into the air. One spirit was dead, but that was only the beginning. No sooner had she slain the first one, than a shrill crying scream filled the tunnels and echoed throughout the church above. With alarm, Nana turned her head to see a little boy spirit- whom had witnessed Nana's dirty deed. There was little doubt, this child was most likely the son. Ulrich. "My mother! What have you done to my mother!?" yelled the little boy. His horror turning into a rage, fueled by his years of solitude as an undead thing.

It released another shrill scream, this one more hostile than the last. The catacomb shook from the strength of the wail. Nana steadied herself and watched the ceiling of the tunnels to ensure she wasn't buried alive. "I will send you to your mother!" said Nana suddenly. The bizarre statement silenced the little boy spirit. Confused but hopeful, the boy looked on rather than suspicious. His long years as an undead had twisted his mind into a single-minded obsession with his mother, the only love he had known.

The rage disappeared and the wailing ceased. His contorted visage was replaced by a genuine smile and he trotted over to Nana happily. "My mother? You know where she is? Please take me to see her!" Nana made one of her daggers disappear from her right hand and she extended it towards the nearby boy. The little child was eager to make contact, for he hadn't known the warmth of the living for some years. He had already forgotten that moments ago, this daemon girl had murdered his mother. An act she swiftly repeated just before the boy and her hands were to touch. Her other hand had come around her side and impaled the boy in the side of his disarming smile. Nana gave the dagger a twist and then stepped back as she pulled the blade free. Shock overtook the little boy, too alarmed to have any words. His body loosened from the mortal coil and he faded away with a lack of sheer horror etched onto his face.

WC- 1,093/1,000
  • 2 SP

• 200 Fame/Infamy

• 50,000 Jewels+60%(Bounty) Base=80,000 Jewels

• 5000 Experience

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum