Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hammer Time (Solo Quest)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Dan 

Hammer Time (Solo Quest) Empty Mon May 30, 2022 5:24 pm

Dan
Dan sighed as he once more looked down and read the job flier one more time. 'Help Wanted! See Barras For More Information!' nodding his head walked into the forge. The first thing he noticed was the obvious heat of the building as the sound of metal being shaped ring through the air. Normally Dan as a Ice Mage would not take a job involving large amounts of heat but sadly this was the only job left that he could take at his rank. Dan stepped into the back of the forge and watched Barras beat a heated ingot into shape. As he finished he looked up and saw Dan watching "Something I can help you with?" Barras asked with his voice a deep timber.

Dan noded and held up the job flier Barras had filed with the guild causing Barras to nod "I don't suppose your a metal mage are you?" He asked Dan who shook his head "No sorry I'm not" Dan returned to which Barras nodded in understanding though there was a underlying disappointment. "Well the reason for the request is my assistant has injured him arm so I need somebody to hammer these ingots flat when he sets them on the anvil." Barras said as he pointed to a man in the corner of the room that Dan did not notice on his way in who had there arm in a sling. The man noded to Dan in appreciation for doing his job for the day.

Dan noded and wiped his forehead of sweat and removed his jacket to help him cool off. Dan picked up the hammer and noded to the assistant who put the first ingot on the anvil. Dan lifted the hammer and swung it down causing a ring to sound through the room. Dan continued this until the assistant noded and removed the metal before replacing it with another heated piece of metal for Dan to repeat the process again and again. Dan could feel the sweat soaking into his shirt as his eyes began to burn slightly as sweat began to drain into them. Dan looked at Barras and the assistant to see that while both were sweating just as much neither let it affect them the way it was Dan.

Seeing this Dan wipes his eyes and continues his work with a new vigour. Dan continued to do this for the remainder of the day until it was time to close the forge. Dan stepped away from the anvil and used his magic to begin to regulate his internal temperature as he walked over to Barras. "Well you may not be a master metal maker but you did a fine job today helping me out." Barras said as he handed Dan his payment as Dan noded with a smile and walked out of the heated building. Dan felt himself sigh as the cool evening air brush past his face as he walked back to the guild hall happy that he was able to accomplish his quest.

506/500

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum