Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Two of a Kind [Esperia]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Khalfani † 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Sun Mar 06, 2022 8:41 pm

Khalfani †

It's been a journey, to say the least. After all this time away from the country in which Khalfani had spent countless nights as a slave, here he was. This time though, he wasn't a subject belonging to someone else. No. This was a revolutionary time in history for the Black Panther because he, after two years, was a Prince of Desierto, Odin's Heir, a vampire, inlove and stronger than ever before. Granted he still had ways to go before he could count himself as a mage amongst the strongest, he was still formidable to whomever would attempt to take him down. That's why as he searched for the one rumored to be one of the famous Nine vampires who had passed the curse onto the world, he held his head up high. Vampirism had its perks, of course, but it also took away a big chunk of whatever humanity the Eternal Nightmare mage may have had left.

So what was he confronting a Vampire Goddess? No, it wasn't to cure himself of vampirism. There was power that Khal had come to love through his monstrosity. Tonight he was here to build a connection. If the rumors were true, then this Vampire was one of the strongest to date, the other being his very own guild mate Venus. Who was more powerful would remain a mystery, so Khalfani wouldn't make any assumptions. Needless to say that although the Panther had no fear, he was indeed proceeding with caution. Quickly he trekked through the forests of Stella, following a lead to where the vampire lordess may have been. He didn't know for certain if he would find her around these parts, but he trusted his sources.

"Hm." he thought. The rain had been picking up and still there was no vision of any estate. Would anybody really live out here? So far away from society, even a vampire would have to journey into the nearest town to feed and the nearest town was already miles out. Glancing over the dripping map in his hand, he followed the trailed. She had to be here. His source had been someone he had been obtaining valuable information from for a while now. It wasn't until Khalfani had finished walking up a hill that he saw a building seemingly sitting under the daunting moon. "There she is." he said referring to the building.

#2Ryuko 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Tue Mar 08, 2022 3:16 pm

Ryuko

If there was something Esperia enjoyed the most, then it were the nights she could spend in comfort and peace. It was for that reason that when she had found the abandoned estate in the aftermath of the robbery that forced her to turn her first progeny among the victims, that she had chosen to stay there both to rest and give the girl some time to recover from her new ordeals.

While she was resting in a different room, Esperia had obviously chosen the best pillows in the household, and was cuddling on top of Valerie who was finally enjoying some well-deserved rest. The times she spend peacefully like this, while a bliss also often made her think a lot. Despite her playful demeanor she was a person who worried a lot about the more complicated matters of the world.

Take for example the public image that vampires had now. Monstrous blood-sucking abominations that either had to be put to the sword, or avoided if not possible. It was a perversion of the glorious past of Nebuchad, no doubt the legacy of the Nine had been forgotten in the wake of the betrayal by their progeny, and as such the twelve were ill-fit to restore it.

It was for that reason she had started to consider the restoration of the household of her mentor Nyx. It was for that reason she had taken on the mantle of house Zachaeus.

And yet even during those peaceful moments it seemed some would deign it their right to interrupt her peaceful moments. A sudden beating of wings stirred her from her rest, a small shroud of shadows emerging from the nearby window as a small bat floated up to the edge of the bed and whispered softly. "Boss lady~ there is someone approaching the estate~"

Esperia let out a soft yawn, lifting her head upwards as she heaved a soft sigh. "So much for an abandoned place to relax at~ Let's see what business this stranger has."

As the vampire made his way along the path, guided only by a dripping parchment that had served as a guide to the rumors he had heard, a pair of red eyes gleamed from above. Hanging upside down a pair of bats were gazing attentively toward the stranger, yet it was all of a sudden the bats started to speak... Fiorian?

"Such horrible weather... You don't let a dog outside, let even a bat during nights like this."

The first one commented, in particular the one on the left while the one on the right mused absently in return. "Then again, for one to have come this far into the woods, the estate was supposed to be abandoned... Maybe it's time we alert the boss?"

All of a sudden a feminine voice resounded through the air. "That won't be necessary" As the sound of small wings beating in the air accompanied the voice the sight of a bat descending toward the stranger became clear, and then a small torrent of shadows wrapped around the bat as her form returned into that of her human self.

"You don't seem like a lost adventurer, there is purpose in your eyes~ curiosity and determination? It seems you were searching for someone, and judging from where you are now, I can only presume it is either me or my wife, and the latter will be enjoying her sleep a bit longer so..."

She smiled briefly, her red eyes cast onto the stranger as she hummed softly. "What brings you so far away from your lands, wayward prince~"

#3Khalfani † 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:38 pm

Khalfani †

Khalfani tapped his hand on his ear-peace as his helmet covered his head. With haste, he approached the large estate. It was beautiful, though it had this dark, gothic aesthetic that Khalfani hadn't appreciated. Not after having to Kill a Vampire Lord who resided in something similar. It simply brought a...bad taste to his tongue. Regardless, he was here for something different. There would be vampire slaying on this night. No, tonight was about diplomacy. If this powerful Vampire legend was real, then there were so many opportunities to capitalize off of. The helmet was able to pick up on the words of a few voices but was not able to capture the sight of any humanoid being. In fact, from the looks of things it seemed like bats were conversing. "Hm." quickly piecing together what was happening.

One of the bats zoomed directly towards him and at the same time he tapped his ear again to retract his helmet into the ear-wrap. It was the bat with the female voice. Gods, he hoped that things wouldn't need to get bloody. Who knew the motives behind this legendary vampire? The panther came to a halt and suddenly the bat transformed into an alluring femme. She stood with beautiful platinum locks and a perfect physique if there was one. The rain dropped onto Khalfani's body, soaking his clothes even more than they already were, yet still, he hadn't wavered. Coldly, he watched the woman. Her words came out smooth and swift, confident and straight to the point. This had to be her, he thought. Khal could just feel power radiating off of her, almost like he was supposed to buckle at the knees or something.

But there was no being that he feared.

The only thing capable of forcing a noticeable reaction was the woman's knowledge of who he was. Times like this made him hate his heritage. Everybody who had known Desierto, by now would know that two-prince's had returned to the Kingdom of Nebu. However, not many people outside of the country would know who they were unless they kept up with the news. The young Vampire's eyes widened but quickly, as the rain hit his lids, they squinted. "You know who I am..." he began. "I'd expect nothing less from the one they call Red Raina." He cleared up his voice. "Khalfani Morningstar. It's truly a pleasure to meet you." he politely bowed his head, his cold tone and expression never wavering.

"I've travelled all this way. I do hope that we could have a conversation where it's not raining, if you don't mind?" he said politely, attempting to read the mistress in front of him.

#4Ryuko 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:53 am

Ryuko

"Red Raina?" Esperia mused softly, a hand reaching for her chin as she pondered for a moment. Could it be rumors got around about how savage she could be when stirred into her Precursor form? It was a possibility but one she didn't dwell on for too long. "There is only so much to be found in titles born from rumors~" Indeed, rumors often carried a large variety of things, from prestige and intimidation to the risk of having your greatest secret weapons exposed, so much was there to be found, and after a moment of consideration she hummed softly. "But please, call me Esperia~ Or if you wish to be formal, Esperia of house Zachaeus~"

The vampire watched with a calm smile as the stranger introduced himself, leading Esperia to be brought to a pause, her eyes betraying a hint of curiousity. "Morningstar? Isn't that-" She shook her head slightly, as if dispelling the thought. "Nevermind~"

When there came the matter of talking somewhere inside, Esperia shrugged her shoulders lightly, a smile emerging on her lips once more. "While I do not dislike the rain, I guess we can talk inside, I'm certain whoever this place belonged to no longer has the means to complain about trespassers~"

And with those words Esperia motioned toward the door of the nearby building. It was fortunately only a short walk till they reached it, and after pulling open the door she guided Khalfani into the spacious hallway.

"I hope you aren't thirsty, I'm afraid the owner of this place didn't share our kindred's cuisine, and as such you'll find it woefully lacking in the typical beverages~ At the very least no Crimson Lillies or Bloody Marries to be found~" She chuckled softly, a smirk on her lips as they reached what seemed to be the former owner's study, if the various bookshelves and collection of comfortable looking sofas were to be a suggestion.

"There is some waifu juice, but I'm afraid that my clingy nature will forbid one from enjoying that type of meal~"

An off-handed joke followed as she took a seat on the sofa, gesturing at the one on the opposite side to serve as Khalfani's seat as Esperia continued. "But what brings you all the way to this place Khalfani? I'm honestly surprised you found me, I didn't tell anyone in Fiore about my journey, and was only planning to stay here for a few days before moving homewards..."

In all honesty, she was genuinely curious about what had led the vampire to seek her out, especially all the way here into the middle of nowhere within Stella. Surely there must had been a reason, or perhaps it was merely a visit of pleasantries? Nah, she doubted there was 'that' amount of coincidence, which meant she better prepared to hear what the wayward prince had to say today.

#5Khalfani † 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Khalfani †

"I like the believe that rumors say a lot about the influence of a person. I hardly take them lightly." He said lightly before Esperia revealed her name. He had heard it before. It was amongst many of the names of some of the most famous mages, but unlike the others, Khalfani couldn't tie her to any noteworthy actions. Perhaps that was exactly how she liked it. Esperia was a mysterious woman who spoke confidently. It was like she had no problem saying whatever she wanted to say, something Khalfani shared in common with the Vampire Mistress. She had begun to ask a question about the Panther's name, but decided not to. It wasn't of importance at the moment so there was no need for it to be explained. Odin was a Lich, so her questions probably had more to do with how the hell he would have a child made of flesh and bones.

After Esperia expressed how she wasn't necessarily opposed to the rain, she invited the rogue prince inside. The two travelled not too far until the building was in front of them. She opened the door and allowed Khalfani to enter. His eyes danced around the large hall. It was a castle, likely as big as Castle Phantasm in Oak city. It was funny how small the two of them seemed in such an estate. The roof was high and in the middle hung a chandelier close to the steps that lead to the upstairs floor. "Oh it's fine, I don't have a craving for blood like I used to. Once a month does the trick for me." Khal stated bluntly. It always took him a while to loosen up. At first he was always a lot colder and analytical than usual. He just didn't trust most things and could you blame him? He was an eighteen year old man who had gone through a lifetime of trauma.

The sorcerer trailed behind Esperia following her to a couch as the other was offered to him. Gently placing himself down his golden eyes finally met with Esperia's. She truly was beautiful, mesmerizing even. Yet, he could imagine her tearing into him at any moment. Then, the conversation would commence. Esperia of House Zacheus - Wait, Zacheus? He thought as her words parted her lips. There was power in that name. Was she the actually the Lord of one of the original nine houses?

"I can't say finding you wasn't easy. I only had to convince a few people that I was actually out to kill you. Most folks were afraid to talk, but a lot happened to want you out of the picture. You aren't exactly a fan favorite." He began. "Of course I couldn't kill you even if I tried." He wasn't afraid to admit the truth, plus she would have already known that. "I'm here for two things..." He then leaned forward. "If you'd help me, I need to figure out a way to reverse my vampirism. I'm not sure what the extent of your abilities are, but somethings tells me you can help me."

#6Ryuko 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Fri Mar 11, 2022 2:22 am

Ryuko

Esperia couldn't help but chuckle in amusement. "I can see why the other houses want me out of the picture~ There are not many who remember the treachery of the twelve, nor are there many willing to oppose them. It's a tragic state of mind: To turn a blind eye to the slights of others as long as they don't affect you or those dear to you."

Yet when Khalfani explained one of the two reasons he had come to seek her out, Esperia's gaze sharpened into a thoughtful frown. "To reverse vampirism?" She brought a hand to her chin, pondering softly. "It is not impossible, for most vampires to have their state reversed." She paused for a moment, giving him a moment to consider before she continued. "To understand the means to reverse the state of vampirism, it is important to understand the nature of it first. First and foremost: Vampires are of different origins, as you know each vampire is turned rather than born~ In crude terms you can consider vampirism an affliction, similar to an illness which means in most cases it can be cured."

She paused, shaking her head lightly as she continued. "However, there is a slight complexity in the nature of vampirism. While I said most vampires can have their vampirism reversed, there is the lingering fact that it also depends on the individual. There are some vampires who originate from lines close to Cain, the God-King of Nebuchad and the father of all vampires, he is the one who turned the first generation of vampires, the Nine."

She lowered her hand back onto her lap and smiled briefly. "The rest are known history lessons, but the matter I'm trying to explain is that those who are closely tied to that legacy are known as Precursor Vampires, they possess additional powers and gifts tied to their vampirism, but in return their vampirism is no longer a matter of just the body, even the soul has been afflicted. For those individuals it becomes a lot more difficult to be cured of their vampirism. Some might say it even requires a miracle, and I don't peddle in miracles~"

She nodded her head slightly, looking at Khalfani. "So the short of it is that by means of alchemy I can create the needed substances to cure you of your vampirism, but you'll likely suffer some side effects for a while. For example most vampires can't digest food, so your body has to adapt to those newfound functions of your organs~"

She pondered for a bit, a soft hum escaping her lips. "But I'm surprised to hear such a request, most either take pride in their vampirism or consider the idea of a cure outlandish. Of course there are also a fair few who curse their vampirism. In my case curiosity drives me to seek out answers to questions I might have~ I did try the cure myself, but considering I'm a Precursor Vampire it didn't work on me... It did help me refine the flavor so I don't have to worry about a patient puking it up~"

#7Khalfani † 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Fri Mar 11, 2022 10:50 pm

Khalfani †

Khalfani listened to the mistress as she briefly went into the details of how vampirism worked. For the most part, Khalfani knew the history. It was required for him to know in order for him to understand that part of himself. Needless to say that it was a lot simpler than one would assume. However, even the prince knew that someone who was as strong as she was would have a hard time ridding themselves of this...curse. That's all it was to Khalfani. Just having that thought made him annoyed because if it wasn't for vampirism he would have died in a different universe. Alas, it was something that he needed to get rid of. The vampirism had healed his body and saved him from death but not he would need to ascend again.

Esperia was like a walking history book. You could tell that she had taken the time to learn about what it meant to be a vampire. The two of them were different if you acknowledged the fact that one hated the idea of being a vampire and one seemed to enjoy all that it had to offer. It wasn't his forte, not anymore at least.

In the end, Esperia revealed that there was a way. Khal had listened and absorbed all of the information. It was a good thing that the Savannan wasn't a descendent of Cain. He might have been in trouble then. As Esperia explained the procedure, the rogue prince leaned back onto the couch. He thought about how much pain his body would be in during the healing process. Most of his organs had withered away but they would need to return in order for him to be a human again. The Mistress of this estate had admitted that she herself tried the curse, but had learned that she was unable to be "cured". She was a host of Cains blood. It all began to make sense now. It wasn't that she was just a strong vampire, but she was apart of the first vampires line. Khal raised an eyebrow, surprised but not in total shock.

"That explains the fear you've instilled amongst the others. The newborns are the most afraid that you'll smite em or sum'n." He said, allowing the comment to linger for a moment. Could be true. Khalfani realized he still didn't know why she had revealed herself in such a way. Something had to have happened for the vampire community to be so shaken up.

"So, I guess that means you can do it, but I guess whether or not you will is another question." He had chosen not to reveal why he wanted to revert back to his humanity. "Which leads me into the other reason I'm here..." By now it was no secret that a new guild, a brand new entity was forming. Khalfani had made all the right moves and had spoken to all the right people to get the word circulating. If Esperia had known, it'd come as no surprise.

"But first I need to know, now that it all makes sense. You had to have known that revealing yourself as a descendent of Cain would spark debate, but why do it now?" He had hoped that the answer was something he could work with, especially since speaking with her gave him perspective on why she may have did it.

#8Ryuko 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Sat Mar 12, 2022 2:21 am

Ryuko

Esperia shook her head lightly in return to the question of whether she would help out the vampire our not. "If I can help someone, I usually make it a habit of at least trying, and the choice about whether to remain a vampire or not is still yours to make."

Still, on the matter of why Esperia had revealed herself in the way she did when it came to vampire society, the vampiress her cheerful demeanor seemed to fade a little. "I guess it is because I instinctively seek to improve life for others. Even before I got turned I had the habit of meddling where I shouldn't meddle, I just can't sit idle when I see wrongdoings happening, and the current nature of vampire society is full of it."

She sighed briefly before continuing. "Despite all their power and influence, the twelve are content to sit idle and ignore the issues, all in favor of focusing on their petty arguments among the fellow houses and their game of politics. But for me that is not an option. I have a family to take care of, and I wish to raise them peacefully which means I need to improve the overall state of the public image the world has of vampires. At least I don't wish to take a walk in a city with my wife and children while having to avoid wooden stakes or overly eager vampire hunters."

She smiled briefly after her jest upon which she spoke. "One might wonder, for all the power at my disposal, why don't I just use force? It is certainly an option, but it doesn't change the fact that such a conflict would provoke the other houses into dragging innocent bystanders into it."

Esperia shifted in her seat slightly, deciding to ask Khalfani a question of her own. "Do you know why some people are so opposed to the notion of conflict? Take for example the leadership of Blue Pegasus, they are more than powerful enough to take action, and yet they don't. It is because at its heart, a war has no winners. Sure a violent approach might succeed in carrying out the change they wish for. Take for example the elimination of dark guilds within Fiore. But then at what cost does this victory come? Property damage, casualties on either sides, and worse it drags the local civilians into the mess as well."

She shook her head lightly as she continued. "That on its own is a reason why I decided not to take a violent approach myself when it comes to either vampire society, or my dissatisfaction with certain factions in Fiore."

Her lips curved up slightly as she continued. "But does this mean we should ignore the issue? Far from it, by my declaration I provoked a reaction from the other houses without the need to maim or kill anyone~ There are other ways to win conflicts than to do so with an iron fist. Even something tasteless like intimidation and fear can make the other houses reconsider their stance when it comes to the issues their society faces, and I hope that by the presence of the household of one of the nine, they will at least try to restore our society to the way it used to be during the glorious days of Nebuchad."

She paused for a bit. "Of course, should one deign it necessary to launch an offense on me, then I won't hesitate to retaliate with the savagery that a Precursor is known to show in battle, for that is merely self-defense. But the point is Khalfani that..."

She sat upright and finished her sentence.

"Wars always bring more suffering than they deliver spoils, so to make that first move, would be to be prepared to take on that responsibility."

#9Khalfani † 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:19 am

Khalfani †

The conversation between to the two vampires was indeed important. Khalfani, the rogue prince, had been learning a lot about Esperia, the Blood Raina. From all Khalfani had known about Cain- or at least the rumors, he had never expected Esperia to be so...different. She wasn't like the other vampires Khalfani had met. They were ruthless, determined to inspire fear and hatred and had torn entire villages across the world down. Esperia's words almost made Khalfani reconsider turning. Alas, his own path required a body that could endure it. To fully embody Apep he would have to be a sun eater and to be a sun eater he would have to have a body that wasn't easily damaged by the sun. The mistress in front of the panther had agreed that she would help Khalfani if he wanted it.

Esperia went on about her reasons. Her reasons aligned exactly with how Khalfani saw vampire society as a whole. He wasn't a vampire for long, but he was notable considering how young he was when he turned. Being that young meant that there were a lot of eyes that he may not have seen watching him. All in all, the Lady was right. Vampires were doing more harm than good right now. Somehow the conversation maneuvered towards the idea of war and the pain it could cause even the people not involved. As a veteran, he knew all too well how that went. Still, he was one who understood that sometimes it was necessary, especially when things had remained unchanged for years. War wasn't something you just wake up and wanted unless you were fueled by hatred. It was a tool, and sometimes that tool worked.

"I'm surprised. I'm not one to judge a book by its cover, but I'm definitely one to consider the reviews..." he began. "The rumors of you have been exaggerated, that much I can attest to. Speaking to you has helped me realize more about you. I've never met a vampire who cared about humans, let alone other vampires the way that you say you do. It's rare." He paused for a moment, pondering on his next words carefully.

"There are always threats, threats far bigger than we can imagine just waiting to rise to the surface. Sometimes the war has already begun and you're just used to living in it. Reacting in a more... violent manner... doesn't mean you'll lose more than you gain. Sometimes it just means you know you have nothing left to lose and you've been pushed to the edge. War doesn't always ruin lives, it's the cause that does that." The panther sighed.

"I'm an advocate of war only when it means the people I care for can only gain. Do I want innocent people to get caught up in that? Of course not, but it can't always be helped. So I agree. With that being said..." He cleared his throat, obviously becoming thirsty.

"I'm not as good with politics as I'd like to believe sometimes. I'm creating something. Something bigger than us all that will serve to protect the common-folk of every ethnicity and every race from impending destruction. Monsters, corruption, whatever the case may be. This entity will serve as a home for people who need it. Of course, on the side, many of us will be merchants or mercenaries - as I already am - to make ends meet, but my second reason for being here was to ask you to help me build this...like an advisor. My Vizier, if you will. With your guidance, we can create sustainability, bring the Vampire race back to their glory, protect the lives of countless families and do what countries across the world have pretended to do since the first kingdom came to be." The pieces were already in place, Esperia was indeed an important part of this vision.

- End -

Last edited by Khalfani on Sun Jul 10, 2022 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total

#10Ryuko 

Two of a Kind [Esperia] Empty Sat Mar 19, 2022 6:14 am

Ryuko

Esperia's lips curved up into the hints of a smile as he commented about how surprised he was at the difference between her attitude and the rumors that had appeared about her. "Despite what many might think, being a vampire doesn't mean one has to change from how they used to be. Rather, it are the new possibilities and powers that one gains from it that often corrupts the individuals into becoming the savage fiends one often fears."

Esperia nodded her head firmly as she continued. "With great power, comes an even greater responsibility, it are words held quite close to my heart."

Yet as Khalfani continued to explain that there were always threats waiting to rise and bring terror to all they held dear, that the conflict might had already begun and they were simply used to living among it, enduring the slights it brought with it Esperia remained quiet, listening to every word of the young vampire.

When he commented about reacting in a more violent manner, and that it didn't mean one would always lose more than one would gain, the idea that one had nothing left to lose and that it didn't always ruin lives led Esperia to shake her head. "War should always remain a final option, when all other avenues have been explored and all paths walked upon, in the end there is one thing a war always, inevitably brings."

Hearing the panther's thoughts led Esperia to ponder out loud. "Is there truly something like a war where one can only gain? The cycle of hatred will inevitably target you and your kin, and then the only option left is to ensure there are none for the cycle to continue."

Shifting lightly the vampire commented coldly. "But that isn't a war, it is genocide, and at that point there is not a single cause that can justify such a act.

As Khalfani revealed the second reason for desiring this meeting Esperia went quiet for a bit, her eyes cast onto the vampire. "A noble cause, and one I can support..." Yet as her pause lingered she continued with the hints of sorrow in her voice. "Should you have picked your allies better. The name Morningstar carries a lot of weight with it Khalfani, unfortunately a weight often associated with less pleasant things. I am not a stranger to the man that carries the name, and the slights he and his kin indirectly did toward me and my kin. The perversion of my hometown is still a slight I have not forgotten."

She shook her head lightly as she continued. "I do not mind advising you, but do note that all my wisdom does not necessarily mean that I have the experience to back it up. Certainly I seen and experienced a lot, but I still find myself lacking at times."

She chuckled softly as she sat upright and addressed the man once more. "But note that should your allies lead you astray, and you ignore my advice, I will not hesitate to aid those that seek to stop you. Odin Morningstar is a dangerous man, one with charisma and influence for sure, but he will not hesitate to exploit your ambitions, perverse them and at the end, when all is said and done watch the world burn."

Esperia paused, heaving a sigh as she continued. "You might wonder how I know this, and for that I shall enlighten you to the source of most of my wisdom: I possess a gift, an ability that allows me to tap into the knowledge and wisdom of countless... One could say I have access to the knowledge of the world itself. And that is why I am so wary around Odin. Certainly, one should not judge a book by its cover, but some books should be best left unopened~"

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum