Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plot Poll

Thoughts?

Plot Poll Empty38%Plot Poll Empty 38% [ 6 ]
Plot Poll Empty19%Plot Poll Empty 19% [ 3 ]
Plot Poll Empty25%Plot Poll Empty 25% [ 4 ]
Plot Poll Empty13%Plot Poll Empty 13% [ 2 ]
Plot Poll Empty5%Plot Poll Empty 5% [ 1 ]
Plot Poll Empty0%Plot Poll Empty 0% [ 0 ]
Plot Poll Empty0%Plot Poll Empty 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Guest 

Plot Poll Empty Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:02 pm

Hey everyone, I was interested to see where a lot of people stand on the idea of forum-wide plotlines. I've noticed more people than usual talking about stuff like that lately. In the past I know most of FTRP was against those kinda things, but obviously there are a lot of new people and older people will change their minds.

Please vote on whichever option you feel best described your feelings, and of course feel free to reply with elaboration etc.

#2Guest 

Plot Poll Empty Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:35 pm

Bumping this thread so that it's back on that shiny recent posts widget

#3Ryuko 

Plot Poll Empty Sat Feb 13, 2021 2:48 pm

Ryuko

Personally I'm in a mix of both camps: I like the current dragon themed plot, but at the same time I'd also love to see more player-involved plots that won't rely on combat (for example political intrigue and such).

However, my concern with such storylines is the following (and I'm likely going to get flack for this):

Cliques: We're already seeing it now that some people tend to focus on threading mostly with the same people, which as a result means that those storylines/plot events will be closed up just like the current threads, in the sense that people will simply do their storylines with the same people over and over again, which creates the inability for people to interact with others and influencing things on a larger scale by tying storylines together.

So basically my vote would go for: Finish up the dragon story, and then introduce plots and events where people can interact with the world on a larger scale, BUT ensure that those interactions expand the people someone roleplay with. Major plots should be done through interactions with different people, not just a closed off story with 2~3 individuals, we got lore-affecting storylines for those.

#4Guest 

Plot Poll Empty Sun Feb 14, 2021 9:54 am

https://www.fairytailrp.com/t56776-have-you-considered-asking-us-what-we-want

Might as well put this here, I'd think people just want input but don't know for what.

I think story's better and new area politics could be written well by the writers in or out of staff.

A dragon themed plot is nice considering the ongoing manga, there just doesn't seem to be surprises for something out of people's control.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum