Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Siren's Call - Solo [Quest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Kenzo Valens 

Siren's Call - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:26 pm

Kenzo Valens
There was something weird going around the port. For the last couple of days, Kenzo had familiarized himself with most of the coastal area of Astera. He had come along Finn and Vali to attend some official business matters. Now, he was quite enjoying the scenery if he could say so himself. Aster had a certain charm to it. Even if it didn’t have the lustrous beaches of Hargeon, the cliff landscape had quite a special charm. Nevertheless, it was more its fishing industry that had turned to be so interesting for the mercenary so far.

It all started a day he set out to try his luck fishing and ended with him hunting for a beast hidden within a nearby cove. The oceanic monster was quite unlike anything Kenzo had seen before. It had an octopus-like appearance but was dozens if not hundreds of times bigger than one. Each of its tendrils had thousands of razor-sharp teeth-like barbs that dug into whatever they caught. In hindsight, it had been one of the closest battles the merc had ever fought. The difficulties of trying to fight such a powerful monster while trying to maintain balance as his small rowboat rocked with the waves had made the hunt all the more interesting.

After dragging the beast back to the coat so the man in charge could dispose of the body, Kenzo expected the lack of fish problem to be resolved. However, little did he know that it would be the start of a series of troubles to continue plaguing the town. The next day at the town would be the perfect example of this. By chance of fate, something had brought his friend Noel to Astera. Lo and behold, the duo set out to hunt an even bigger Kraken that day.

[300/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Level

Siren's Call - Solo [Quest] IgtZBYS
#2Kenzo Valens 

Siren's Call - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:26 pm

Kenzo Valens
Even after killing the humongous beast, it would seem it wouldn’t be enough to bring peace back to Astera. It was as if it had been struck by disgrace after disgrace. The one Kenzo would encounter that day though, was far different to what he expected.

It all started while he wandered through the main street of the harbor. Kenzo looked at the large board of fame with a face of pride as his picture hung at the very top of it. The Kraken Noel and himself had caught had earned them a place among the famous fishermen of the town. With lifted up spirts, Kenzo made his way to one of the taverns he had gotten to know.

The owner of the place was an easy-going man. The Advent World warrior had gotten to enjoy his company quite a lot for the last couple of days. He was one of the few people that Kenzo could describe as a perfect drinking companion. He enjoyed booze and talking about booze as much as the swordsman did. He didn’t have a stupid tolerance with which drinking become a chore but at the same time he wasn’t a lightweight with whom the fun would finish as soon as it started. Much like Kenzo, the owner stood in the middle of the spectrum.

”Hey Rhea! Nice to see you again. Is Raul around? Tell him I’ll invite a round of beers to celebrate yesterdays success.” Kenzo greeted Raul’s wife with a smile as he made his way to an empty seat. She was a happy wife by all standards, Raul was lucky to have such a nice lady by his side. However, as the male noticed her expression, he knew there was something odd that day.

”Aah.. Kenzo. I’m glad that you’re here..”

[600/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Level

#3Kenzo Valens 

Siren's Call - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:27 pm

Kenzo Valens
The words that came out of Rhea’s mouth were somber in tone as they matched the sad expression in her face. Even if she tried to smile at the man entering the tavern, Kenzo had gotten to know her enough to know that something was amiss.

”Is everything alright Rhea? Let me know if there’s anything I can help out with.” Kenzo spoke in a more serious manner now. He really meant it. It was now only a matter of whether she would accept the merc’s help or not. Whatever she chose, Kenzo would respect it. Still, he wouldn’t even try to charge her anything if she did ask for his assistance. Quite unlike his personality if he was honest.

”Uhm.. You see…” Rhea struggled to find the words to say what she wanted to say. She was definitely nervous and in shock from whatever had happened. Kenzo simply looked at her with a gentle expression as he interrupted her.

”It’s okay, take your time. I’ll be here to listen.” The male turned his face around to the counter as he motioned at her with his finger towards an empty glass. Nodding with her head, Rhea allowed Kenzo to take the mug and serve himself a cold beer from the tap next to it. As the male poured the liquid carefully by himself, the woman managed to calm down and continue.

”Well… There has been something strange going on lately at town. Ever since Raul came back home 2 days ago from fishing, he hasn’t been himself. Furthermore, he hasn’t woken up from his sleep since last night. There have been rumors today that my husband’s fishing partners have also fallen into a deep sleep. No one of us knows what happened at sea, but some say it’s a Siren.”

[900/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Level

#4Kenzo Valens 

Siren's Call - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:31 pm

Kenzo Valens
”A Siren? I thought those were myths.” Kenzo asked with a raised brow as he took a sip from his recently poured beer.

”Aye. I’ve never fully believed in Sirens to be honest, but if I remember correctly the tales my grandfather used to tell us about them it would seem that Raul and his fishing partners encountered one at sea yesterday. According to him, when a male isn’t immediately affected by a Siren’s song they fall into a deep slumber and mutter about things without sense. Most of them dream of wending through the woods and cricket legs. I went around town asking with the other fishermen’s families and they all say their men have been also muttering about those things.” A trail of tears instantly began rolling down the female’s cheeks as she tried to finish the tale.

”I-I’m sorry… I didn’t mean to..” Tears poured even harder from her eyes as she tried to wipe them out with her hands.

”It’s okay, don’t worry. Just tell me what needs to be done and I’ll make sure to deliver. There’s no way in hell I’m letting my drinking buddy spend the rest of his days asleep while he makes you do all the work. Just promise me you’ll make sure to work him double time for making you pass through all this.” Kenzo calmly spoke at the woman as he finished with a single gulp his beer. He was not good with these kinds of situations, but it was his way of trying to comfort the woman at least a bit.

”Haha… It’s a deal then. Thank you Kenzo, I’ll be counting on you.” Rhea laughed as she tried to hold back the tears, her usual smile slowly came back to her face with each passing word.

”Deal!”

[1200/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Level

#5Kenzo Valens 

Siren's Call - Solo [Quest] Empty Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:38 pm

Kenzo Valens
After investigating through town a little more, the mercenary eventually found out that there had certainly been some sightings of a Siren’s nest near the coast. She had arrived there just a couple of days prior. Kenzo didn’t say anything, but he silently wondered if perhaps him and Noel were the culprits for her arrival. As he heard more about the supposed location of her nest, Kenzo was completely sure that was the case.

It was too much of a coincidence that the place the siren had chosen was the same spot where the huge Kraken had decided to spend the days. Now that the Kraken was dead, it would appear that the Siren had managed to spend her days without a threat at the spot. He would need to fix this small mistake before anyone else connected the dots.

Kenzo easily managed to get hold of a boat to make the trip and a crew to accompany him. Before setting out though, he made some slight preparations. From the information he could gather, all of the men that fell to her curse had listened to her song prior. This was good news to the warrior. If his plan was correct, it would mean that countering it would be easier than expected.

After securing a set of earplugs for himself and a couple of fishermen, they set sail to the supposed location of the Siren. It wouldn’t take long for them to reach the spot. Kenzo knew they were closing in when one of the stupid sailors that took the plugs out because they were making his ear itchy threw himself to the sea after listening to her song.

Either way, the job was completely swiftly with a single swing of his sword. Her head rolled in the ground and the men that had fallen to her curse woke up all through Astera. Kenzo smiled as he finished a new job. Raul would be inviting the beers that day after all…

-EXIT-

[1531/1500] 25% WC Reduction from Guild Level

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum