Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Facing the Wyvern [conquest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Jin Tatsumi 

Facing the Wyvern [conquest] Empty Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:19 pm

Jin Tatsumi
Jin was tasked with his first important mission from the guild. Although he wasn't sure how a medicine man was going to deal with whatever threatened the people.

The mage took off down the streets to find the group of people talking at the gate. The closer he came the more he could make out their whispers have winged beasts, griffons and wyverns.

Without a word he snuck up on the group and just slid into the conversation, nodding along with them. Until one of the men jumped and looked over his shoulder, "Who the heck,"

Jin rose his hand, "Jin from Fairy tail. Here to take care of your...whatever beast it is," he said standing now with their attention on him.

They exchanged some looks and then shook his hand vigorously. The mage put on a smile and slowly tried to sneak his hand out of their grasp.

"Alright so, what is and where to I go,"He asked, trying to speed up the process.

Each one spoke and described a monster with slightly different features than the others did."...uh huh....alright then."

"So you'll kill the beast!" The men applauded before the mission had even begun.

Jin rose his arm and set his glaive in the ground. Little did they know the weapon was near useless in his hands. "The monster won't be a problem for you." The men patted him on the back causing Jin to clear his through and once they were settled, the mage of light set off up the hillside.

It was a long journey as he got closer and closer he could see signs of a predator. Small animal carcasses dotted the landscape, and bits of fur clung to trees.

He knelt down, running his hand on a track left in the dirt. A giant clawed talon dug through and plodded onward.

With a deep breath, he mustered his resolve and pressed on. "I hope there is a way to handle this without harming the creature," he spoke while tightening the straps on his wicker backpack full of medicines and charms.

It wasn't long before he arrived at a small cave. A trail of animal parts and broke up items from merchant caravans were strewn about the entrance.

Jin eased himself down to get a better look and skidded down the rocks. He fell on his butt and the stones came tumbling down. landing on his feet he crouched as pebbles peppered his back and hair, still falling down from above him.

He stood motionless and waiting. Hopping whatever it was sleeping or oblivious. When nothing happened, the light mage stood up and heaved a sigh of relief.

A relief interrupted by the lumbering sound of claws dragging hastily against rocks. From the mouth of the cave burst a wyvern. Its eyes were murderous.

Jin's pupils shrank as his eyes grew to the size of baseballs in his panic. They narrowed in briefly, noticing the nose around the wyvern's neck and the broken spear still dangling in its side.

"Oh...That's why," he said flatly before panic gripped him again as the wyvern swooped toward him.

"TIME TO GO!"

Jin took off running in the other direction, zig-zagging between vicious snaps by the creature's razor-sharp teeth.

"no, no, no....Okay, think. Come on," he spoke ducking between bites and kicking up dust from the trail

Jin:

#2Yuno 

Facing the Wyvern [conquest] Empty Wed Apr 01, 2020 2:54 pm

Yuno
YOU'VE SLIPPED UNDER MY SKIN
poisoned my blood, seized my heart
& enslaved my soul.

Nuala Nazari had arrived in Magnolia mere hours ago. She was skipping through the streets in a skimpy dress and her shiny hair was cascading down the length of her back beautifully. The Voidling had been spending her time looking through the different shops and boutiques of this city, which was so very different from everything she was used to back home in Dahlia. Magnolia was bloomy, like its name, and while everything appeared to be more high class and fancy, it wasn’t as strict as Crocus or Era – it was more of a hotspot for tourism and she could tell by how many different people she saw on the streets that not all of them were locals.

Springtime had finally arrived and the weather was lovely. Mild temperatures, a cloudless sky and the sun was shining brightly. She could have asked for nothing more, but unfortunately the Voidling wasn’t on vacation. She had been tasked with scouting the streets, while looking as natural and unsuspicious as possible – and getting a rough idea of what the citizens were in need of and if Daeva Eye could possibly be the guild to provide for them. At least that’s how she worded it herself. Kaiser Bo’s initial demands had been far more...explicit, so to speak. Nonetheless, the Voidling wasn’t here to have a bad time and she didn’t intend on being here for a long time either so as soon as she could, she would insert herself into the crowd and listen carefully to the topics that were being spoken about.

Her face marks had been painted over with makeup and her supernatural hearing allowed for her to stay a tad bit further away from groups of people while still being able to eavesdrop without problem. And what she heard made her quite curious! Rumours of a beast tormenting the villagers was going around town and some unlucky kid had been chosen as its slayer. Nuala couldn’t help herself – she knew a rookie when she saw one. Curious as to where all of this would lead her, the clever thief followed Jin from Fairy Tail on his journey to seek out and slay said beast, making sure to stay in the shadows while she stalked him.

Since she made no sound when moving and he clearly wasn’t the most aware person, none of this proved any problem to her.

He was excellent at tracking though, she had to give him that. He arrived at a small cave that clearly had someone living inside and much to her shock, he walked straight up inside – just like that. Nuala (who was armed to the teeth underneath her cute dress) raised her hand in an attempt to stop him, but he was gone before she could say much. This didn’t last long however, as she heard a shriek, followed by some words she couldn’t quite understand and a loud, beastly growl. The Voidling didn’t hesitate for long, but walked up to the entrance of the cave and readied herself into a fighting stance.

Once the poor human emerged from the darkness, she grabbed him by his shirt, pulled him behind her and, with utmost elegance, punched the Wyvern in the face, causing it to stumble backwards into the cave. “Oh dear.” Since the Voidling also had night vision, she could clearly see what was bothering the poor thing – but she also wasn’t about to wrestle a wyvern on her own (not with that dress on!).

And so, before the beast could take too much time to recover, Nuala crossed the distance with a quick dash and punched it again, effectively knocking it out. It wasn’t dead of course, but at least now the spear and the noose around its neck could be removed without either of them risking to have their limbs bitten off.

“Don’t just stand there! Help me!” She yelled at the kid from Fairy Tail.

#3Jin Tatsumi 

Facing the Wyvern [conquest] Empty Thu Apr 02, 2020 11:40 pm

Jin Tatsumi
Suddenly a dazzling damsel appeared before him like an omen of good fortune bathed in the light at the end of the dark tunnel he ran through. He waved his hands for her to move out of the way, but she stood resoluted and in the blink of an eye yanked him by his shirt. "Whoa," he exclaimed as she tossed him behind her.

The woman wore a skimpy dress drapped over a sultry and well-tonned physique. "Watch..." he was about to spit out a warning but the woman reared back a fist and walloped the winged beast, sending it stumbling backward into the cave.

"Well, I'll be," he said, peaking over her shoulder and putting his hand over his eyes to block out the sun in an attempt to squint and peer deeper into the cave. "Thanks for," yet again before he could reply, the woman dashed into the darkness. Jin reached out his hand to stop her but she was already gone. He put his hands on his hips and bent at the waist to lean closer to the cave entrance. "Miss are you alright," just as the words finished passing his lips, the woman yelled for him.

When he heard the word help, he rushed into the cave, "On it. Hopefully it doesn't have a concussion," he said as a joke once he was there and he slid the backpack from his shoulders. He opedned the top of the pack and brought out a small lacrima powered light that illuminated just the area around them.

"S'cuse me," he said sliding in beside her to get a clear angle on the beast. "Can you hold him down," Jin said while beginning to examine the wyvern and pulling out bandages from his bag. Carefully he slid the noose from around its neck and slowly lowered its head back down.

"Now for the fun part. Hold on tight,"
He said tilting his head with a nervous smile. He pulled the bandages out and pre- tapped around the edges, then rubbed some ointment on the bandage. His hands moving as quickly as they could. "Thank's for pulling me out of harms way back there. I owe you one."

He placed the bandage on the wyvern's scales, right next to the spear and held it ready with his left hand. His right hand rose to firmly grasp the broken shaft of the spear. A quick glance to the msytery woman would let her know it was time. "Alright....and...3...2...1," as soon as he hit one, he pulled the spear out, spurring the wyvern to life. The winged beast began to buck and Jin immediatley laid the bandage the rest of the way down, over the wound.

With the wyvern sprang to life giving them only precious moments to act, not that it was any threat to Nuala. The wyvern bucked its back and reared as Jin reached out his hand to make sure Nuala could safely dismount. Once she was out of the way, he turned from the beast and sprinted towards the exit, "well that's that then." The wyvern was thrashing about and bashing its tail at the ground in a panic. As soon as he breached the exit of the cave, he dashed to the side and pressed his back against the outside wall of the cave.

Thw wyvern roared before retreating back into the cave. Jin stole a glance into the cave and heard the sounds of the beast retreating and let himself slump down onto his but with a laugh and a pleased smile. Few things brought him as much joy as being able to help a life.

"That truly is something isn't it. Be a shame if we had to kill it. Thanks again. I'm jin"

#4Yuno 

Facing the Wyvern [conquest] Empty Fri Apr 03, 2020 7:59 am

Yuno
& enslaved my soul.

When Jin pulled a lacrima orb out of his pocket to light up the dark cave, Nuala frowned at him for a moment, wondering what he was doing that for. The Voidling sometimes forgot that not everyone had her eyes and could see in the dark. Once it dawned upon her, she quickly nodded in agreement. “Oh, of course. Very handy!” It was meant as a compliment although she couldn’t help but wonder what kind of person just randomly carried a tool like that around with them at all times. Perhaps he had come here more prepared than she had initially thought?

Nuala was often guilty of judging people a little to early and clearly this was one of those cases as she had to consider herself quite impressed with his work on the unconscious beast. Nuala didn’t deal with Wyverns often as they were – ironically – not very welcome in Dahlia. With Vampires, Werewolves and god knows what else present in the woods of Aldenwald, the giant, flying crocodiles hadn’t been able to make it very high in the food chain and therefore preferred to stay away from all that was more dangerous than themselves.

“Yes, of course!” He had asked her to hold the Wyvern down and Nuala simply went along with it; she sat herself comfortably on top of the monster and pressed it down not so much with her weight, but with her strength instead, while the human did his work. He removed the noose from its neck and, with a firm grasp pulled the broken shaft of a spear out of its back. Once the bandages had been placed (with utmost care, she acknowledged), Nuala dismounted the beast and both of them hurried out of the cave. The Wyvern, who was now no longer under so much pain seemed a bit grumpy still, but peacefully retreated back into its cave after growling at them for a bit.

She noticed how satisfied the Fairy Tail mage seemed to be with his work, so the Voidling pulled him a few steps away from the cave – she didn’t want their lingering scents to provoke the beast any further – before she finally responded to him. “My pleasure, Jin. I'm Nuala.” And without hesitation, the woman gave him her most dashing smile. “And you were right! You do indeed owe me one. In fact, I couldn’t help but overhear that you are from Fairy Tail? I would like to talk a little bit about that if you wouldn’t mind. Join me for a walk?” Nuala’s smile was inviting as she offered to walk him back to the city. Of course she tried her best to hide the fact that she had come here (and helped him) because she had ulterior motives, but Nuala believed that he could benefit as much from it as Daeva Eye. After all, they clearly needed the help.

#5Jin Tatsumi 

Facing the Wyvern [conquest] Empty Fri Apr 03, 2020 9:08 am

Jin Tatsumi
Given her abrupt nature, the compliment was unexpected. "Thanks," he said still focused on his work. Although he wouldn't say it was mostly because he avoided showing off his magic unless he had a good reason to and conserving mana was important. As a light mage though, it may seem odd to some for him to carry around a light source, but it served him well when he was patching up soldiers on the battlefield.

He shook his head with a smile, as she responded and gingerly sat onto the beast as if it were nothing. The wyvern would have ripped him to shreds but she treated it like nothing more than a house cat to scold. The light reflected off her smooth skin and he couldn't believe just how dazzling a woman she was and yet she was in a damp cave sitting atop a monster.

They both made it safely outside the cave and the day seemed to be coming to an end for him. He didn't know exactly how to repay the woman for what she had done today. Perhaps a dinner...or even better...he was thinking of a way to think her when she pulled him to his feet and away from the cave. He let her pull him along and drug his pack on the ground before hoisting it up onto his shoulder.

She introduced herself and with a dashing smile, he could almost feel his own beating heart melt away. She was both talented and strong. A dangerous combination and as much as he'd like to fall for her charms, an alluring smile could get a man in some hot water. Jin's smile turned to a cocked brow as the woman's plan began to unfold before him.

"Of course. It would be rude of me not to accompany a lady,"
he said matching her stride."Especially one that...overheard my conversation," he emphasized with a quick and harmless glance from the corner of his eye.

"Ah I know," he said reaching back to his bag and pulling out a wooden charm built for good luck. "You must have heard about the good luck charms. They seemed to bring you into my life so that should be proof enough they work," He said with a grin and handed her the charm. "It's all yours," with how astute Nuala was in social interactions and reading people from her travels and long life she may have been able to pick up that he was playing the fool more than being one. But hopefully, his charm would do the trick.

Every bit of him said, to walk away from the person who was way more powerful than him and not get tangled into something...but...she was just to darn nice about it and he was ever a sucker for a woman and romance. " Or perhaps you're here to join the guild?"

#6Yuno 

Facing the Wyvern [conquest] Empty Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:09 pm

Yuno
& enslaved my soul.

Nuala almost scoffed at the young human; he handed her a good luck charm and happily babbled along and she wondered what life would be like for her, if only she could be this carefree. She took the charm from him without a thank you and merely gave it a long look. It brought back memories she wanted to suppress right now. “The last time a man gave me a charm,” she said, slowing down her pace so he would too, only to eventually come to a halt, “he broke my heart and ruined my life. Right now I’m on an everlasting quest to kill everyone he loves and then myself.” Silence swept across the sunny hills of Magnolia and Nuala’s expression was blank for a long moment before she burst into laughter.

“Haha! Just kidding!”
Was she though?

Before they continued their little trip however, Nuala wanted to speak up on what had been on her mind the whole day. “I’m actually in a guild already,” she began and thought about whether or not it was a good idea to show him her guild mark. Considering its location, the woman decided against it. “It’s not too far from here actually. It’s called Daeva Eye in Dahlia City – ever heard of it? I’m sure you have.” Magnolia and Dahlia were neighbouring cities so it wouldn’t be too much of a stretch to assume that word had gone around Fairy Tail that a new guild very close to their own had been on the rise. Since the Voidling herself wasn’t from this country, she didn’t know much about Fairy Tail. Only that it was an old guild with very little influence on its people, having seen much brighter and popular days in the past.

"You see, thanks to our master’s hard work, our guild’s influence has been spreading across all of Dahlia, which brought a lot of positive results with it. Did you know that there’s an excessive amount of monsters in the woodlands near town? It’s actually why I’m so good at dealing with monsters like the Wyvern – because there’s so many of them at home and the citizens of Dahlia need our protection!”

Nuala was surprised at how much sense she was actually making. Initially, the Voidling assumed that Kaiser’s thirst for power was only natural for a person like her and therefore she wanted her influence to spread not just within the city, but across the region. But all things taken into consideration, perhaps it was the best decision for Magnolia to fall under Daeva Eye’s control.

“And lately we’ve been looking to expand. Fairy Tail’s seen brighter days and I think both your guild and Magnolia would benefit from being governed by Daeva Eye. I was hoping I could convince you and the citizens of Magnolia that our protection and the unification of east Fiore under our guild's banner will be well worth it.”

Nuala wasn’t big on politics, so she hoped this would do the trick. Perhaps helping him with the Wyvern had left a good impression on him and he could see the benefits of a conquest like this – after all Fairy Tail would be lying to themselves if they thought they held any sort of real power within the east.

“What do you think, Jin? Will you help me?”
Her words were genuine now and she was hoping that this could be resolved in a diplomatic manner, without violence.

#7Jin Tatsumi 

Facing the Wyvern [conquest] Empty Sat Apr 04, 2020 8:22 am

Jin Tatsumi
Her serious words gathered his attention. The pause she left in the air caused him to make the tiniest gulp and swallowed his spit, waiting for what was coming next. The first wave of sadness hit him as she spoke of a broken heart which quickly turned to ominous and sent a shiver up his back. His fingers opened, both to reach for her and then tense and retract unsure of how to respond. "Murder can probably be..." he stammered through the explanation as she she interrpted with a laugh. "Phew," he said elated that she was only joking. He joined in a laugh but his was broken up and filled with uncertainy while he kept a sideways glance on her.

"Really?" he said to her announcement that she was already in a guild. It was a shame as they could use someone like her. Then she told him which guild. He was new in town but he had heard of it. He passed by it on the way to magnolia initially. "Yeah, that's the one with all women, right?" he asked just to clarify. With her strength it made perfect sense that she wa already a thriving member of a guild.

She gave a good speech. Emphasizing the achievements of the her guild and the dangers they had to face. "Dhalia is a dangerous place to set up a guild. It's nice that that place is gettting cleaned up," eh would normally offer assitance but they didn't seemed to need it and the offer would may have been taken as diminishing their accomplishments and ability.

Anyone that spoke that keenly often had an angle and it eventually came out. He picked up on a few key words that caused a twitch in his eye, like 'govern, and 'expand.' He had stopped walking entirely at this point and stood still in the middle of the road. His gaze fell onto Magnolia.

"Sweet words.Ones that could tame a heart easily," he replied and still had a smile albeit looking over Magnolia and not yet at Nuala. "You know the hardest commodity to find these days, is peace and love. Everyone seems to be holding onto them so tightly," he said, thinking back to his days in the military and during the incursions.

"Interesting that you mention expansion, governing, instead of teaching, sharing ideas, working together," he replied looking down at the ground and shifting his foot on the surfce. She spoke like a politician and he wasn't sure how he felt about that, but she was kind and made an offer.

"And if we say no,"
he added as he looked in her eye to see if it was something flickered with violence or peace. Regardless of what he saw he would reply, "You have a rocky road ahead of you. I'm sure if my guild sent me on this conquest it wouldn't be because they've discussed things with your guild," his tone was a bit more flat now and weary at the thought. Nothing like this seemed to point towards an alliance, given he hadn't heard anything from his guild but perhaps this was the introduction.

He would then take a step forward and begin to walk away. He threw one hand up in the air as he did, "But who can argue with the protection of a group of talented warrior women. Especially a lady like yourself. In the end..." he glanced back over his shoulder with a smile. "I'm just a simple medicine man preaching about peace. I hope you find it, he spoke about both the guild situation and her personal life given the unknown and scary nature of her remark earlier. He stepped away, the last thing he wanted was to be pulled into some political affair between guilds. It didn't matter where he was as long as he could practice medicine. "I'll let our Guild Master know about your offer though. It was a pleasure."

He walked away towards the guild hall. He didn't agree to help her but it was clear he was leaving the citizen's to her. Not that he could have stopped her anyway. It was important to know your battles.

-exit-

#8Yuno 

Facing the Wyvern [conquest] Empty Sat Apr 04, 2020 11:35 am

Yuno
& enslaved my soul.

Nuala smiled at the medicine man throughout their entire conversation; his voice went flat towards the end of it and it was only natural she supposed–no one liked being controlled by someone else and humans craved freedom as much as any living creature. When he spoke about peace and love, the Voidling couldn’t help but feel as though she still had a long way ahead of her, if she would ever find those things for herself at all. The guild had only been a beginning but she was growing uncertain as to where it would lead her and whether or not that was where she wanted to be at the end of all of it.

“The road will be rocky, but not for us I’m afraid,” she spoke softly as he walked away from her. Jin hadn’t agreed to helping her, but considering that he wasn’t putting up a fight either was enough for the woman. As he turned away and left the scenery, the sun was beginning to set. Nuala knew what she had to do at this point and peace, as nice as it sounded, had probably never been an option to begin with. That concept simply didn’t work unless everyone believed in it–and a single glance at the world around her told her that that would never be the case. Nuala knew that when it came down to it, she only had herself and her guild to rely on and no one else would protect her, search for her and save her.

Especially not those Fairy Tail idiots.

There was no regret in Nuala’s heart when she returned to the Wyvern’s cave, beheaded it and carried it’s bloody remains back to town. She wanted the citizens of Magnolia to see what Daeva Eye could offer to them. And she wanted them to understand that violence was often necessary to reach a sense of security in which everyone felt at ease. The beast might have been irritated by its wounds, but who promised the farmers that lived outside the city walls, further away from the busy shopping streets of Magnolia, that this particular wyvern was going to leave their cattle alone once it regained its strength?

Nuala was never a soft-hearted person and she most certainly wasn’t about to become on.

The people of Magnolia were shocked by the discovery that the Fairy Tail mage assigned to this mission hadn’t returned and surprised to learn that it was another guild’s member that had slain the beast at last. Nuala spared them the details and just as she had expected, the villagers were simpler people and it was easier to convince them. They didn’t care as much about politics but they understood what safety and protection meant–and what it was worth in a world filled with monsters and evil. Nuala was able to convince them that spreading Daeva Eye’s influence across their lands would only benefit them and that they should rethink and consider if what Fairy Tail could offer them at this rate and state they were in was truly enough.

At last they agreed to surrender this part of Magnolia and Nuala, via telepathy, delivered the happy news to her guild’s mistress, Kaiser Bo.

EXIT

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum