Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

No Man's Land [Conquest]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Venus Rosé 

No Man's Land [Conquest] Empty Thu Mar 12, 2020 11:33 am

Venus Rosé

Venus Rosé

Blade Dancer

At long last, the day Venus had awaited was here – Daeva Eye was finally introduced to the mages of Fiore as the first-ever female guild. She owed Kaiser for saving her life; giving her a home and a new name, so naturally, she chose to work for the vampire woman and decided to make a name for herself as a mage of Daeva Eye. During the year, the hunter gradually attained new relationships within the guild, people whom she would call as her ‘friends’ and Kaiser, her mistress as the leader of the guild. With the new female guild arising, each of the members was tasked with an assignment – a conquest.

To rule the territory that they were now going to call their home, they needed to please the citizens of the city, to show them that their guild was worthy of being the sovereign of their land. Her scarlet hues glossed over the letters that was written over a small piece of parchment paper with precision and grace, as if the writer spent a good ounce of their time to outline but a simple objective – Farmer Marsh.

It was a land where the monsters lurked and resided, known to be extremely dangerous to the mortals. She’s heard rumours about the villagers disappearing into the forest with no signs of return, which has led to several reports being submitted as per her little research albeit, it seemed that the citizens of the city are too frightened by the stories to handle it themselves.

It was a bright afternoon when her destination loomed just a few miles before her. Despite the horrifying stories told, the farmer marsh was a relaxing burst of green when Venus first took a breather at the curved slope of a burrowing mountain path, if not for the advent of threat that hung thickly over their heads.

Death. Decay. Murder. Farmer Marsh is a death sentence, and those who live there are simply awaiting their turn. The people here are often hunted, and when it isn't the monsters who are looking for sustenance, it is the humans who are looking to become monsters. You'll find here a multifaceted problem. The people do not trust outsiders, and they certainly don't trust words or promises. They need results, power, consistency, and a little bit of something new. These people are strong, working the land every day. But they are tired too. Keeping watch for things that may kill them from any angle gets tiring, and really they just want to be at peace.

#2Venus Rosé 

No Man's Land [Conquest] Empty Fri Mar 13, 2020 1:26 am

Venus Rosé

Venus Rosé

Blade Dancer

Her first taste of village air in a long while made her wonder if the winds gathered here differently, flocking to one side and hovering to another, seeping into the leaves and harvesting the scent of growth, dirt and stillness. Only a hint of excitingly charged sunlight was present then, as the winds drafted by her still figure. The villagers had noticed her presence and it was the slightly unwavering determination of the people to look her down as she walked was what brought mild disarray into her train of thought.

It wasn’t an issue on confidence, rather, simply put, she was very much inclined to believe that the stares she was receiving were a mix of both welcoming and unwelcoming sentiments as an unfamiliar face, though it was mostly the latter. People whispered among themselves as she walked past, but they did not stir from fear, rather, people liked to stare at odd, shiny things from afar, and she was no different.

It wasn’t difficult to spot the house of the village’s leader, seeing how it was much more ornate and grand in design compared to the rest of the buildings in the area. In front of the door awaited two guards and when she walked up to the front porch of the building, she was forced to cease in her tracks by these guards.

”I’m a member of Daeva Eye, the new guild that’d just established in Dahlia, sent by the Mistress herself. I’m here to speak a work with the head of the village.”

Despite proving her identity, the guards seemed persistent with not wanting to let her inside, until the door opened, revealing a rather stout, middle-aged man. Age and fatigue had taken away many years of this man and his health as the light from the sun illuminated his tired, worn face, wrinkles boring deeply into his skin.

”Let her in.”

#3Venus Rosé 

No Man's Land [Conquest] Empty Fri Mar 13, 2020 3:08 am

Venus Rosé

Venus Rosé

Blade Dancer

”So, what did you want to talk about?” The village head gestured towards one of the vacant couches, encouraging her to take a seat.

”I received news about a new guild establishing here; Daeva Eye. If I’m assuming correctly, your guild wants to seize this territory, am I right?”

The elderly man certainly did live up to his old age; wise and alert and straightforward, which she liked. Venus smiled, it was as though she was being challenged by this man. ”Yes, indeed. On behalf of my guild, I traveled to obtain your consent. I assume it’s not going to be so easy, is it?” She looked over to the window, where she could easily peek a sight of the farmers working diligently on the land. The village seemed peaceful, though of course, it was merely a façade; she could observe their worries written across their faces, about the darkness that resides within the forest and hunts for them at night.

”My villagers are usually skeptical towards outsiders, it’s going to be tough to gain their trust. But, if you succeed, you have my word that this land will be yours.” He paused, sinking into his seat as he relaxed himself. ”The people are scared of the threats that lurk at night. Perhaps you could do something about it, and I can see to our negotiation.”

A devilish smirk made its way onto the line of her rosy lips, and with that, she’d agree to the arrangement. All that was left to do was wait until nightfall when the monsters would come out of their caves to do their hunting. The femme fatale waited by the porch as she watched the villagers tend to their businesses. Her choice to attend the quelling of the beasts within the grounds of Farmer Marsh stood a firm foundation within her thoughts, cushioned by her desire to continue sharpening her blade.

#4Venus Rosé 

No Man's Land [Conquest] Empty Fri Mar 13, 2020 4:14 am

Venus Rosé

Venus Rosé

Blade Dancer

As the evening drew in closer, there was a sense of restlessness here and there, among the civilians, as they grabbed their loved ones and hurried home, into the protection of their shelter. Venus, alongside some guards of the village, who volunteered to defend the place, were the only ones remaining outside. The decision was not meant without difficulty, still, considering the guards that oversaw the village’s threshold appeared skeptical to her wizard title, though perhaps they couldn’t afford to overlook any extra aid if given the opportunity.

Her spirit would not quiver like it once did as recognized the threat and the death her job entailed, as she readied herself for the foreboding dangers that loomed ahead. The bracer that she wore tightened around her arm, warning Venus that the incoming threat was near. Her eyes flickered across the vicinity, her ears peeled for any source of sounds. Her hand was placed atop of the hilt of her blade, preparing to draw it any moment as soon as she was certain of their whereabouts.

”Vampires.” She mumbled to none other than herself.

Their stealth and their speed was enough to give her a hint of what creatures they were. She could pick up soft sounds, perhaps footsteps or simply leaves around her, hinting that there was more than one for her to go against.

”Look at this, a lone wolf trying to be a hero, eh?” A man emerged in front of her, standing at a safe distance as he mocked her.

”You dare mock me, yet you lowly creatures feed on these humans.” The woman spat back a remark. ”From now on, this land is of Daeva Eye’s property. If you dare harm the civilians of this area, consider your little clan dead.”

The man’s face turned grim. ”Daeva Eye, as in the new guild?” Hesitance breathed in, before he broke into an enormous fit of laughter. ”Then, where are the rest of the members? Did they really send you alone to challenge us?” More vampires walked out the shadows, baring their sharp fangs at her. At this point, there was no need for her to exchange any more words.

#5Venus Rosé 

No Man's Land [Conquest] Empty Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:08 am

Venus Rosé

Venus Rosé

Blade Dancer

The redhead drew her sword from the scabbard and plunged it deep into the ground. Doing so activated the spell of her blade, as flames came to life and engulfed everything around her. The fire was bright, flaming hot, as though they were in hell and the vampires could be seen screaming retreating further away from her. Some were caught up in the flames due to not being able to react fast enough when the flames devoured them. Thankfully, she was standing at a distance that was far from the buildings, so the civilians were safe from her flames albeit, even she had to admit it herself that the scene she’d just pulled was risky.

The man’s mouth was agape, unable to speak another word as he gazed at her. The swordswoman could’ve extinguished the flames, but she didn’t, instead, she walked through the fire. The flames licked her cloak and boots however, as the wielder of the sword, the abilities of her weapon was ineffective on the user.

”You killed my people!” He shrieked.

”Just as you killed many. This is not even half the amount of the deeds you and your little vampires have done.” She’d sheathe her sword back into its scabbard and the flames would finally extinguish itself.

”Take this as a warning – there won’t be a next time. I’m sure you can find some other source of food instead of the civilians here. Otherwise, we can come up with an arrangement, if you can prove useful to us.” A sinful smirk curved onto her lips as she watched the vampires retreat back into the forest. Either they come up with a negotiation or they planned to remain quietly in their sanctuary would be up to their decision.

The civilians, as well as the mayor, had been watching everything unravel through their bleak windows, and once the vampires returned to the forest, the head of the village would greet her with a content smile on his face.

”Well, I’ve dealt with them for good and all. If you agree to have our Mistress as the owner of the land, you’ll receive protection from us through our entire existence.”

”After what you’ve shown, I can’t say no to that, can I?”

The woman smiled. An agreement was formed and all that was left to do was to return to the guild to report the newly claimed territory to her Mistress.

{ EXIT }

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum