Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Magic purchase.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Varian 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:08 am

Varian
So let’s say I have enough money to purchase 2 different Magics, but I only want one but I can’t get it because of elemental requirements.

Ex:
A ice and darkness magic.
And
A ice and light magic.

Could I go right ahead and but the ice and light magic, then turn around and buy the ice and darkness magic.

Magic purchase.  ULuOEQW
CR thread/Coding/text color ffffcc
#2Venus Rosé 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:26 am

Venus Rosé

To begin with, you can't purchase 2 different Magics. If your custom magic has the element of light, you can only purchase the magic that has the light element as a requirement, not darkness.

#3Varian 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:54 am

Varian
Oh I didn’t mean buying them both, I meant buying one which I had the proper elemental requirements (light and frost) now I have the proper elemental requirements for dark and frost, so could I buy them back to back, changing magic, not buying two

Magic purchase.  ULuOEQW
#4Venus Rosé 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:19 am

Venus Rosé

What'd you mean buying back to back? If you're changing magic from one element to another, you need a Lost Potion.

#5Varian 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:24 am

Varian
By back to back I mean I’m buying one magic, and then as soon as I have it buying another magic.

Ex: I buy light and frost, then as soon as the purchase has gone through, I buy th frost and darkness.

Magic purchase.  ULuOEQW
#6Venus Rosé 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:31 am

Venus Rosé

As I stated previously, you need a Lost Potion if you're switching from one element to another. For instance, you buy a magic that has Frost & Light as the magic's elements and then want to change the magic later. Once you purchase a Lost Potion, you either select the element that you wish to have or you'll have the element of your custom magic.

#7Varian 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:42 am

Varian
Okay, I think you answered my question? I’ll try 1 last time then ask you a much simpler question.

If I choose not to do the lost potion, but there is. A way for me to get that frost and darkness magic that I want, but it requires me to buy that frost and light magic first. So, once I have bought the frost and light magic, I can now go buy the frost and darkness magic because I have fulfilled the elemental requirement of frost by buying the frost and light magic.

I hope that cleared things up, if it didn’t, just answer this next question and we’ll be done here.

If I bought a lost potion in November, do I wait till January or February. Because there are two ways to think of this.

Each month is a month, and by january, it’ll have been three months

Or do you think of this as

November to December
December to January
January to February

(Wow this seemed like I can’t count, but I aware I can)

Magic purchase.  ULuOEQW
#8Venus Rosé 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 8:47 am

Venus Rosé

Instead of giving me the elements, just tell me what magic you want. You're making this sound a lot more harder than it should be. If you purchased a Lost Potion in November, you can buy it again in January.

#9Varian 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:09 am

Varian
So the path I wanna go is woodland queen to nymphian magic, I can buy woodland queen because I own the light magic element to the magic, once I have that can I turn around and by nymphian magic because I have the nature element to buy nymphian magic.

Magic purchase.  ULuOEQW
#10Fleur 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:22 am

Fleur
Yes, you could.

As long as your magic requirements fit the requirements, you can purchase the magic. A much simpler solution would be to purchase a Lost Potion and Nymphian Magic. If your character's story really relies on having Woodland Queen Magic for a short time, it is possible.

There's no downside to purchasing a Lost Potion other than your personal lore - the price of both paths are the same, standing at a firm 2,000,000J.

Magic purchase.  6oCP3PU
click signature for character sheet
#11Venus Rosé 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 6:57 pm

Venus Rosé

You can't change from Woodland to Nymphian right away. Before you change from Woodland to Nymphian, you need a Lost Potion to change the magic. Because you're going to from one element to another, you will need it. For my instance, I had blizzard magic a while back - Frost & Wind, I wasn't required to purchase a Lost Potion because the Sub-Zero magic already has the Frost element and my custom magic was Ice as well. So, it's easier for me to change.

In your case, your original element is Light, and then you decided to purchase Woodland. Woodland has Nature and Light and Nymphian has Nature & Darkness (?). If Nymphian magic were to have Light element, then you are able to switch immediately without getting a Lost Potion. Do you get what I mean? I hope I'm not confusing you too much.

#12Varian 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:30 pm

Varian
No you’re fine in terms of confusion, I just have a few more questions that this arose.

So I thought to buy a double element magic, you only needed one of the same element to purchase it.

Also I think I have a way to convey what I’m talking about

My custom magic(light)—> woodland (light and nature)—>nymphian (nature and water)

Since I would be able to buy woodland because of the elemental requirements being met I would have nature and light. Now I can buy nymphian because the nature requirement for nymphian magic is being met with my new magic woodland.

Magic purchase.  ULuOEQW
#13Venus Rosé 

Magic purchase.  Empty Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:48 pm

Venus Rosé

I’ve confirmed with the rest of the staff that you’re not required to purchase a Lost Potion. So, once you get Woodland Magic, you’re able to change to Nymphian Magic as long as you meet the element requirements and have the money.

#14Varian 

Magic purchase.  Empty Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:57 am

Varian
Cool, thanks so much for the help.

Magic purchase.  ULuOEQW
#15Venus Rosé 

Magic purchase.  Empty Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:01 pm

Venus Rosé

This line of questioning has been resolved.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum