Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Something Blue [Rym Oto]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Rym Oto 

Something Blue [Rym Oto] Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Rym Oto
“Jeez, Seheda really worked me out.” Rym groaned to himself. Ever since their job together a couple weeks ago, they had been meeting with each other every couple of days to train with each other. They’ve actually gotten a little friendlier over the days and he’s learned more about her. Today was his off day from his training with Seheda so he decided to take a job to muster up some extra cash. After practice with Seheda, Rym headed back to the Orchidia River for his next job. Some guy named Dex Miller, wanted to investigate entity near the river. Something blue.
When he got to the river he saw a man in a brown trenchcoat and a black fedora. He walked up to the man near the edge. “Are you Dex Miller?” Suddenly the entire environment around Rym turned into different shades of brown, and some old time noir music started to play. A voice came from the sky, “Detective Miller didn’t know how the day would turn out, but he knew it would start with a brand new case.” Rym looked up at the sky. He tapped Dex. “Are you hearing this?”
Shhh, it’s not my cue yet!” Dex whispered under his breath
“What cue?”
“The Narrator has to announce my entrance!”
Rym pointed at the sky, “Is the voice in the sky ‘the Narrator?’”
“Yes, so wait for my cue!”
Rym and Dex waited, and waited, and waited. Finally, the voice boomed across the sky.  
“The infamous detective turned toward the mage, to start his next case.”
“Can we seriously stop all of this!?”
Almost as suddenly as it all started the music stopped and the world around them turned back to normal. Dex turned around to look at Rym. “How ya doin? Name’s Dex Miller,” he pointed at the sky, “if you didn’t hear.”
“I definitely heard. Now what do you want?”
“Well, while working one of my exciting cases, I saw a big blue ball by the river. When I was around it I felt, different. Strange. I was somehow sad and angry at the same time. I didn’t understand it.”
“So what am I here for?”
“Once the sun sets and the moon rises, we’ll go to where I saw the ball and see if it’s there.”
“Alright, let’s wait.” Dex pulled a bottle of aged whiskey from his trenchcoat and started leisurely sipping on the bottle. Rym sat under his napping tree and opened his “History of Ancient Magic” book. They sit there for the next couple of hours. Reading, and drinking. Finally, when darkness fell,  Dex stopped sipping on the bottle and returned it to it’s place in his trenchcoat.
Again the sky world turned a deep sepia tone and the Narrator’s voice rang out again. “As Dex Brings the unknown mage closer to the scene of the crime, the river began to glow blue.” As the Narrator spoke the river started glowing a fluorescent shade of blue. A couple of feet ahead of him, Rym saw the blue ball Dex was talking about. It seemed to have an alluring aura radiating off of it. Although it was a simple ball of light, it was somehow more beautiful than anything he has ever seen before. The Narrator was droning on about something, but Rym couldn’t hear him. All he could focus on was the ball. He inched closer and closer to the ball until it was right in front of his face. Rym reached out to touch the ball. He heard Dex and the Narrator yell, and then silence.
Rym was still conscious, but what he saw had to be a dream. His parents, or an idea of them at least, appeared in front of him. Rym stifled a sob. “You can’t be here! You’re dead!” Rym fell to the ground. He sat there and cried. The first time in years. Harder than he has ever cried before.He sat there and thought about his life. What he could remember about his parents. His mother’s jet black hair. Or his father’s striking electric blue eyes. He had a small piece of both of them in him. He remember his earliest memory. His seventh birthday. His dad had burnt the cake so they had to get a new one. It wasn’t ideal. But Rym wouldn’t have wished it to be any other way.Their apartment was dingy. Beaten down. The neighborhood was bad. They had a crappy life. But they had each other, and Rym had lost both of them. He remembered the world being brighter when his parents were around. Even when it was bad, life always picked up. At least, before the accident. Rym didn’t want to think about it, but how couldn’t he? Everytime he tried to think of something else it always brought him back to his parents.
After some time, the memory of Rym’s parents subsided. He quickly backed away from the ball trying to put as much distance as possible between himself and those memories. They weren’t bad, they were just something that he didn’t want to relive. The ball started pulsating. Rym looked around for Dex. Their gazes met and they both had the same look of panic in their eyes. Neither of them knew what was going on but they both knew it wasn’t good. The ball spun faster and started to get brighter and brighter. They tried to run. Needless to say, it didn’t work. The ball of light exploded in a bright flash. The blast pushed Rym and Dex into the river.  Rym recovered quickly but the same couldn’t be said for Dex. He was out cold. Rym picked up Dex and started to carry him to the hospital. In the middle of his trip to the hospital, he another man. Dacol Lubex. Apparently he was a very important figure to the town and he offered to help carry Dex to the hospital. Dacol and Rym stayed with Dex until he woke up. When Dex woke up he said he would get the reward to Rym within the day. Rym left Dacol to listen to Dex as he recounted the events of last night.

{Exit}

#2Rym Oto 

Something Blue [Rym Oto] Empty Tue Feb 28, 2017 1:12 pm

Rym Oto
Solid 1031 word count

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum