Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Regaining What Was Lost (Training)

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Alexandre 

Regaining What Was Lost (Training) Empty Tue Aug 22, 2023 7:21 am

Alexandre
Alexandre was at the guilds training room. Last time he was here, he went to fight Drakkon. He realized ever since he left prison, he hasnt really been using magic now wasnt he. He needed to work on that and regain his old spells back.

He believes most of the spells were lost to time, but he still remembered a few. So he could go and try and see if he can redo them. He started with the simple ones. The simplest one he knew was Snow.

If he remembered correctly all he needed to do body wise was point up and the magic would happen. So he did, he pointed up to the sky with his index finger, or in this case it was the roof of the room. And nothing.

"Hmm. Its been a while since I used magic energy. I believe perhaps I must do..."
He repeated the gesture again and focused on his magic and mana. He noticed a magic circle as well as his hand glowing the same colour. He believede he was succeeding. But the spell faded away before it could even work.

With that spark he in a way had motivation to work harder. So he pretty much did what others would call the definitition of insanity. Doing the same thing and expecting a different result. But in his case, the result with each attempt would be different.

Until eventually he did it. Hand pointing up, magic circle there, hand glowing there. Then he noticed thick and dark clouds appearing in the inside of the building, right there in the training room. He'd notice the snow falling, but soon it would fade away prematurely again.

Thats when he remembered "Aha, ah yeah. I need to actually use my magic energy to keep it up" he thought out verbally
And thus repeated the same motions, with that in mind. Point up to the sky, magic circle appears, hand glows blue. He'd notice the clouds appear and soon enough it was snowing.

Now the challenge was maintaining the spell. He'd notice the snow finally beginning to form on the ground. He felt guilty of bringing a blizzard in the guild hall or its training room but it was a necessary evil
He sat down on the ground, in the typical meditating position. Closed his eyes and focused on how much he could maintain the Snow spell.
He started to readjust to the cold once more as he felt he was finally coming back to his element. He trained the spell and remembered things from his past. It was starting to slowly come back. He even had a spell that would combine with snow.
Now he was happy, he mastered or relearned one spell

461 (10% wc reduction due to 14 int)
Spell Learned: Snow

#2Alexandre 

Regaining What Was Lost (Training) Empty Tue Aug 22, 2023 8:38 am

Alexandre
With it effectivelly snowing in the guilds training room, Alexandre stopped meditating and opened his eyes. He got up on his feet to try and relearn the other spell that went well with the icy one with snow. Glacier Dragons Aurora Veil. A bit of a tacky name, Aurora Veil for short. But he figured he could try it.

It was a bit of a more potent spell than the basic snow spell and it made him stronger. So he thought of doing it
"Now how did it go again" Alexandre spoke to himself as he recounted his youth, trying to remember how the spell went. Remembering that the trigger for the spell was similar as the first he went on to do it.

He raised his hands, making a cyan magic circle and notices the rainbow coloured aura appear. It appeared briefly but vanished.
Right, he really was rusty and needed to get in the swing of things.

Alexandre would train more, but to no avail. The spell just wouldnt trigger, even though he'd do so for hours. He'd think to himself if there was something he was missing. But as far as he remembered, he didnt.

He clearly remembered his more youthful self utilizing it. It was a self buff spell. He even remembered the situations he used them in. But clearly he was missing something.
Alexandre then went slowly through the motions and gestures to recreate the spell. But for some reason it'd activate and deactivate right away, without him feeling that surge of power he'd remember that would flow through him. So what was he missing

"Unless" there was something. He would facepalm as it would seem obvious. He was supposed to sustain the aura from the spell. He was an idiot at times. Hindsight was something alright so he'd the go through the motions to activate the spell. Hands up, magic circle and their body was surrounded by a veil of rainbow coloured aura. But this time he sustained it. And sure enough he felt the change. His constitution was better. He looked around, hoping to see if he can test it against anyone. But no one was here at the moment. Not even Tamas

He sighed and decided he should then just train the spell and test for how long he could keep it up. So he kept sustaining it. Although a thought occured he could try and test the constitution himself, but he figured perhaps that was not the wisest idea as he'd merely hurt himself.

So he decided to train it in a more safe manner. He'd deactivate the spell and activate it again. Just to get the hang of using it. He felt the power and memories returning to him. As he felt he was finally mastering or remastering his spells.
"I cant believe Im actually getting it" he'd comment to himself and notice the time. It was getting late at night.
Alexandre deactivated both the spells he had active. He'd notice the training room was a bit of a snowy mess. He should've probably trained outside, but hindsight.
He'd walk to a window and look at the night sky. The night. Yes now he remembered why the spell was called the way it was. Aurora Borealis. It was mostly only in the frigid icebergian weathers you'd see it

Alexandre decided to leave the Guild Hall and go outside where he could see the view of the night sky. Once again he'd activate his spell to Snow. so the snowflakes would douse the ground. Although that would cover the sky a bit with clouds. A pity, but then he'd one more raise his hands for the magic circle to appear as his body would be coloured in the rainbow coloured veil. He was the walking aurora borealis now.
While he didnt get all the spells at least he learned and remastered two of them. He can leave the rest for tomorrow

683 (10% wc reduction due to 14 int)
Spell Learned: Glacier Dragon's Aurora Veil

#3Alexandre 

Regaining What Was Lost (Training) Empty Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:46 am

Alexandre
The next day came and luckily there was not much of a ruckus and mess for his spell training, which was good. Alexandre was thus once again at the Guild Halls training room. This time it was early in the morning while others were asleep or question elsewhere. He decided he'd train for 5 hours. He set himself a sharp deadline to put more sense of urgency in his training and with that he hoped more fruitful success.

The next spell he was gonna focus on relearing was Glacier Dragon's Frost Breath. It was one of his Dragon Slayer dragon breath attacks. With Frost Breath being his weakest variant he knew in the mix. And thus he hoped the easiest to re learn once again. He hoped going from the weaker spells would ease him in and make him master his own magic once more.

So the first step was rememberance how did he do it before. He thought about it and tried it. Method one was to focus and take in his breath, breathe in, hold it and breathe out. Hmmm... Nothing, he was just blowing air. Once could say he was full of hot air. No, he was missing something obviously. It wasnt that easy otherwise he'd always blow a dragon breath at people when breathing out. So that was not it. What was he missing.

Again, thinking over his youthful self, he'd look on and wonder, what did he do wrong. He would remember the pose. Lets see. Footwork, legwork.
He'd move his feet to stay in the stance he usually was in. It was a more dynamic and battle ready foot stance. Ready for speed and dodging oncoming fire. But that didnt have much to do with the spell. Nevertheless it was part of remembering the process.
Thinking about it, he'd remember. His hands. Thats it

This was a clear one, yes. Alexandre gathers the air, the magic energy focusing on transforming the air to frost. He raises his hand towards his mouth and thus using the spell, he releases a large quantity of frost from his mouth.

That... That was it. Yes, thats the spell, no hiccup at all. That was Frost Breath. He couldnt believe it he got it on like the 2nd try. Maybe the method of setting a deadline did work for him. After all, he knew how he worked and learned the best.
Still, Alexandre didnt want to perform the spell once and call it a day. So he'd practice and train it, to do it quicker and faster. After all, this was to use in combat. He couldnt take his sweet and precious time gathering the air, using magic to turn it to frost and spitting it at his foes. The process had to be quicker, faster, more effecient. Otherwise he would've been attacked and blown away by the enemies before even commencing the attack. And even if he did attack that slowly, the enemy would just dodge because they would see his attack a mile away.

So he had to practice, get its form faster and better. Alexandre would thus nonstop with no break, for an hour train soley his frost breath. An hour didnt seem like much. But doing 60 minutes of repetition of just one motion, one thing, one attack. It was one of those things where 1 hour felt like 1 year. He wasnt allowed to be distracted by anyone or anything. He needed to get stronger if he wanted to be better at quests and a better fighter. He needed to get good if he was to protect anyone ever.

So after nonstop training of an hour. Alexandre would ironically wipe sweat from his forehead. Even though his magic was cold, he was still working up a sweat. He would take a bottle of water to hydrate and soon regain his breath. The man would allow himself a 4 minute break, not even a 5 minute break as he wanted to push himself to learn more

679 (10% wc reduction due to 14 int)
Spell Learned: Glacier Dragon's Frost Breath

#4Alexandre 

Regaining What Was Lost (Training) Empty Sat Aug 26, 2023 9:01 am

Alexandre
So the next spell he wanted to work on is a defencive one. He had a supplementary spell mastered, a buffing spell, an offensive spell. Now clearly he needed another defensive one. And that was Glacier Shield. He remembered when he made this spell. Good times.

But trips from memory lane aside, how did he activate the spell again? Ah yes, now he remembered, he had to lift up his hand as if he is holding a shield and make an ice shield that'll protect him from an attack. Thing is, it was going to be hard to test the actual spell if there are no incoming attacks coming.

Suddenly though Alexandre froze, pun not intended, but relaxed a bit when he saw Tamas
"What brings you here?" Alexandre asked
"I wish to train" the man simply replied. Before he asked "What are you doing?"
"I'm training my spells or relearning them. Im kind of stuck"
"How so?" Tamas asked as he approached his friend.
"Its a defencive spell, even if I project it, y'know form it. I need to make sure I am defended and it just doesnt give away"
Tamas nodded inquisitively and said "I understand." he then looked at Alexandre "Then, do you wish to train with me. I need to train my offense, you need to do the same with defence. Seems we are in a favourable position."
"Indeed, seems we both benefit from this. Very well. Lets begin"
"Right. Show me what you got"

With that Alexandre would lift his hand up as if holding a shield. A magic circle appears, and a shield made of ice would materialize. Tamas would charge at him and slash with his sword at him. The shield of ice would instantly shatter and Alexandre was pushed back a bit
"Was that what you were going for" Tamas would ask for feedback
"Yes and no. For now Im getting knockback damage it seems. I need to do it better and stand my ground" Alexandre would tell him as he'd use the spell again and say "Again"

Tamas would oblidge and attack Alexandre again. But the Glacier Dragons Slayers spell would expire before the attack hit, so he had to dodge, as well as Tamas had to pivot his attack away from his comrade.

With that fail of a move, they had to go again. The two would train together with Alexandre focusing on his defence. The spell was getting better as time progressed. The man had no idea how much time has passed, but he was getting the hang of his spell. Successfully managing to block Tamas's sword attack, whether it be a slash or a thrust.

Alexandre learned with this spell, he had to be on the move. Because the Glacier Shield breaks easily after 1 attack, thus he had to be on the move as this was not a defence that would last. But on the bright side at least he wasnt being pushed by the enemies attack and losing his footing. No, with Glacier Shield, he learned through training and repetition that he had to be light on his feet, ready to move for a counter attack or a re positioning. Alexandre even though he got a hang of this spell would push on and train it more. He wanted to test his own endurance when repeatedly spell casting. He was glad Tamas was there to oblidge and help him. But he knew now that someone else arrived to the Guilds Training room that he would not be able to train solo in peace as he knew there would be a distraction. Alexandre had to be content with whathe got. It may be just 2 spells, but having offense and defence was like a world of difference.
For now though Alexandre would make his leave, glad he managed to obtain spells back

683(10% wc reduction due to 14 int)
Spell Learned: Glacier Shield

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum