Welcome to Fairy Tail RPG, where your visions come true through your words. You control the destiny of your character. Do you have what it takes to bring the world to order or chaos?

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar]

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

#1Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:32 am

Charlotte Harrison
It hadn't been long since Charlotte and her friend had joined the magic guild despite the tamer having no talent for the magical arts. Regardless, the young woman had managed to complete a few basic quests around Magnolia, as she slowly began building a name for herself within the community. An important part of landing larger, better-paying jobs was to ensure others knew you existed.

During such a time, she'd already met two of the most famous mages in the whole of Fiore, and possibly even other countries and had even made some decent money with one particular well-paying undercover job thanks to her brother. However, she hadn't spent as much time as she would have liked alongside one of the few people she considered a friend.

As such she had invited him out for the day, planning to take him to the most famous bakery in the town, her treat. Fearing she might end up being late she had gotten up extra earlier and ended up arriving twenty minutes earlier than planned. Whilst autumn had started to settle in, it was still a rather warm, pleasant day. As such, Charlotte had opted to dress simply in a nice pair of shorts and a loose-fitting shirt.

Gwendolyn was, as usual, perched precariously on the young woman's shoulder. What had once been a tiny little fluffball had been slowly growing, the gryphon was nearly too large now to rest comfortably in such a spot.

#2Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Thu Sep 22, 2022 6:58 am

Edgar
Edgar was always the early riser, having been up since dawn. His morning routine included slow, deliberate motions that he had gone through every morning with his father in his youth, determined to start the day calm, cool and balanced. The birds were surprisingly chirpy today as he finished his practice.

An old friend of his wanted to show him this bakery that she claimed was the best in town. Not usually his thing, but he did want to catch up with her, they hadn’t talked a great deal since they joined up with Fairy Tail. She was usually off making a name for herself, mingling with famous names. He wasn’t as fussed about growing his name, opting to continue to do smaller jobs for farmers or volunteer his time at local establishments that help the poor.

As the time approached in which he was supposed to meet her he changed into something a little more suited than his training gear, opting for a plain loose-fitting linen shirt, pants and boots. Before setting out.

#3Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Thu Sep 22, 2022 7:38 am

Charlotte Harrison
Charlotte sighed, waiting around for twenty minutes was going to be so boring and she began weighing up which was worse. Being late and having to apologise for not being punctual, or waiting around for what seemed like forever, and being bored out of one's mind. She stared down at her shoes as she lamented over the pros and cons of both.

After a couple of minutes, Gwen chittered in the tamer's ear, making a 'prrp' sound as something glimmering in the sunlight caught her eye. However, it was the sound of the chiming of metal on cobblestone that caused Charlotte to lift her head up. Before them, an elderly man had dropped a small bag of jewels and was struggling to bend down.

"Allow me." Charlotte pipped up, as she rushed over, garnering his attention as she set to work. It wouldn't take her too long to collect all the coins and return them to the man who thanked her for her kind service before continuing on his way.

#4Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Thu Sep 22, 2022 8:02 am

Edgar
The streets of Magnolia were lively as Edgar made his way toward the Bakery. His friend told him how to get there. He ensured he had plenty of time to take in Magnolia. It was very different compared to the small village he was raised in. It was sometimes daunting, and he has gotten lost on more than one occasion.

After a short walk through stalls and crowds of varying sizes, he came upon the bakery he believed she mentioned. If the number of patrons was anything to go by, this place is famous, as she had said. As he continued onwards, politely excusing himself as he moved through the crowd, he struggled to see his friend, sometimes, being short had its drawbacks. With some effort and greatly helped by the familiar shape of her pet, he found whom he was looking for and made his way over.

“Char! It’s lovely to see you, hope you are doing well, miss big shot. I heard you’ve been working with the big wigs.” He chirped, “Also, greetings to you, Gwen.” Edgar put his hand out to give the small griffon a scratch under the chin before intending to embrace his old friend to finish the greeting.

#5Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Thu Sep 22, 2022 11:11 am

Charlotte Harrison
As their ears picked up on a familiar voice, both Gwen and Charlotte turned, the tamer's bored expression quickly changed into a soft smile as she spied her friend, while the gryphon begin to wriggle in anticipation..

"Ed!" Her smile widened as he approached, allowing a moment for Gwen to nuzzle him before pulling him close and wrapping her arms tightly around his frame. As she pulled away she feigned measuring herself against him.

"Hmm... don't know if I'd call myself a 'big shot' just yet, but I'm definitely still bigger than you." She teased. When they had first met three years ago, Charlotte had still been shorter than him, but since then she'd grown quite a lot in comparison, something she liked to regularly remind him of, lest he was to forget how cute and small she found him to be.

"Are you certain you haven't shrunk since I last saw you?" She chuckled with a devious grin.

#6Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Thu Sep 22, 2022 12:03 pm

Edgar
“Shrunk? Nah, I don’t think so, Char. I'd say you've just grown if I didn’t know any better.“ He replied with a chuckle. “It would seem I’m just not blessed in that department like you are.” His gaze switched from Charlottes beaming face to the small griffon. “I think we both will lose to Gwen, though, right, Gwen? You’ve grown so much!” He gave the griffon another scratch under the chin before turning back to the girl. “I’ll admit, I have missed your sense of humour. Some people are just too serious here. Need to lighten up a bit, ya know? Not like the village.”

“Shall we find a place to sit? I'm all ears if you have any suggestions. I’ll follow your lead! After you!” He looked at the buzzing bakery setting, with people entering, exiting, sitting and everything in between, as he gestured for the girl to lead the way, being sure to offer her the first choice of seating. “Oh! I heard you just got back from a mission with the masked fellow. How is he? A bit scary, no?”

#7Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Thu Sep 22, 2022 2:21 pm

Charlotte Harrison
Gwen chittered at the mention of her name, clearly excited just to be included in the conversation as Charlotte reached up to pet her and calm her a little, it would be best if she wasn't too overexcited before entering the cafe.

"I understand what you mean, I've felt the need to be so formal with so many people, it's nice to finally relax and joke around. And sure." Charlotte nodded in agreement as she opened the cafe door and led their little group in giving a little wave to a familiar cashier whose face lit up with a smile as they mouthed 'Take a seat, I'll be a minute'. Not needing to be told twice, she strode to the table in the back corner. It was a little out of the way, but it was quieter and had a nice little potted flower nearby that gave off a sweet scent.

"Oh, you mean Kaito?" Charlotte asked as she took her seat, "He's... interesting..." she averted her eyes a little her cheeks flushing as she recalled the job they'd been on, "Scary isn't the term I'd use..." the tamer muttered, choosing to swing the conversation slightly, "But Revy, the exceed he's accompanied by is absolutely lovely, she's super cute, sweet and even Gwen loves her." she gushed over the adorable feline that was always found by Kaito's side.

#8Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Thu Sep 22, 2022 3:08 pm

Edgar
Edgar followed Charlotte’s lead as she had done this before. She led him to a corner with a lovely little potted flower, “Oh, you know how to pick 'em.” purposely being vague on whether he was commenting on the spot picked or this fellow, Kaito. The flush of the cheeks and eyes told the story more than the words. “Ahh, well, if you think he’s alright, perhaps I’ll have to give him a chance rather than avoid him every time I see him.” He gave the girl a nervous chuckle as he sat down after her.

“Revy…” Edgar pondered. “Oh! Yes!“— he turned to the griffon —” So Gwen, what do you think of the two? You’ve always had better judgement than Char.” He couldn’t help but smile at the girl as he finished his thought.

Edgar changed topics as he listened to the girl's reply. “This is a very nice place, not too uppity, just the right amount of decoration and cleanlin….” He trailed off as the smell of the sweet pastries being baked hit. “Oh, that smells delicious!” He exclaimed, “Char, what do you suggest? What’s best?”

#9Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Fri Sep 23, 2022 6:08 am

Charlotte Harrison
"Prrrrrrp!" The gryphon chirped, purring at the mention of her name, rather than what was actually being asked of her, a positive vibe emitting from the critter that swiftly moved to sit on Charlotte's lap rather than her shoulder now they were seated. A much more comfortable position for both of them.

Charlotte had muttered something inaudible under her breath as she was unable to refute his words. Gwendolyn did tend to have a better read on most people than she ever did. Always able to call out those with 'bad vibes' by squawking at them. Then again, she'd been upset with Yuurei when he'd first popped out of nowhere, and then fell in love with his cooking, so perhaps she was a little birdbrained. Charlotte snickered to herself at the thought.

"Oh um, anything really, I do know they tend to bake far too many cakes so they tend to have specials on them. The chef here is a little..." she trailed off trying to find the right word as someone approached.

"Good afternoon!" A voice piped up, the server from earlier greeting the two of them as they handed them both a menu, "Lovely to see you again Charlotte, who is this cute company of yours?" They asked with a gentle smile, their golden eyes shimmering. Like most of the wait staff here, they were dressed well, in simple white with a black apron, their hair a short, pink pixie cut. The only really notable thing other than their hair was their several piercings in their ears, two small hooped silver rings, a small blue gemstone stud and a silver industrial barbell.

"Ah, this is Edgar, a friend of mine and Edgar, this is Jessie." Charlotte introduced the two, having previously worked for the cafe, she had bonded with the serving staff, feeling empathy for them having to work with such an enthusiastic boss.

"Well it's lovely to meet you, Edgar, feel free to take your time picking off the menu, I know there's quite a large selection so it can be difficult to make a choice, however, I personally recommend the raspberry tarts." Jessie suggested, "However, I know sweet is not to everyone's tastes, if you prefer something a little less so, we do have some incredible blueberry scones." They continued before finally giving the young man a chance to speak, hoping they hadn't overwhelmed him too much.

#10Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:08 am

Edgar
“Nice to meet you too. This Cafe is a lovely little establishment! I’m glad Char suggested it.” Edgar smiled, cheeks blushing slightly at the mention of being the ‘cute company’. He scanned the menu as it was given to him before quickly looking back toward the pink-haired server, which, by all accounts, would be considered rather adorable.

“So what do you think, Char? What do you think is nice? I was thinking, why don’t we also share a pot of tea, perhaps chamomile?” He paused and indicated that he was going to wait for the blue-haired girl now with a griffon in her lap to order first and respond before continuing, “I think the raspberry tart too would be excellent and was a lovely suggestion, Jessie. Thank you.” Handing back the menu to the server.

Edgar sat back a bit to relax as the polite server left them, “I heard you also been buddying up with that famous fellow, Yuurei. What’s he like?”

#11Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:04 am

Charlotte Harrison
"Sounds good." Charlotte nodded at his suggestion of tea, it would go well with the cakes they were most likely going to order, she'd pause for a moment as she glanced over the menu despite already knowing her order, "I'll just have two of your vanilla cupcakes, extra icing," she requested, feeling like a little bit of extra sweetness today. Handing her menu back she'd sit politely as Edgar put in his order for strawberry tarts, noting the slight reddish hue on the young man's cheeks as he conversed with Jessie.

"Excellent choices, the both of you, they shouldn't be too long." Jessie smiled, happily heading off towards the kitchen to prepare both the tea and cakes.

As the server left, Edgar beat Charlotte to the punch, asking about the famous Yuurei. How had he heard about that as well? He wasn't even in the same guild as them.

"Oh, he's very nice, although, I didn't really work with him, I just showed him some herbalism stuff in return for his help and he cooked me dinner." she averted her eyes, still a little embarrassed over having a meal prepared by Fiore's most famous mage. It had felt a little surreal, "Oh, and he invited me to join him in his upcoming travels." She added flippantly, trying to brush it off as no big deal as she recalled their plans to head to central Fiore once the starlight mage was finished with his business in the East.

#12Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Fri Sep 23, 2022 10:29 am

Edgar
“Well, mother would be proud you are keeping up with what she taught you. She did always enjoy your attentiveness. ‘A thirst for knowledge, that one.’ She would say. Among other things.” Smiling at the mention of his mother and some of the comments she’d made about Charlotte. “Doesn’t surprise me you’d jump at the chance to travel. He cooked you some dinner, though? That’s nice of him. Oh! I find it funny how fast gossip seems to travel about those two or how often people talk and talk. Guess I just have a likable mug.” He chuckled.

“I’m glad you are finding your way, though. I know it’s exactly what you wanted.” He smiled at the blue-haired girl, though it was rather sheepish. “Before you go, we should do a mission together!” His sheepish smile turned into a grin, “That’ll be a blast, I reckon. You, me and Gwen! When you aren’t busy, that is.”

#13Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Fri Sep 23, 2022 2:23 pm

Charlotte Harrison
Charlotte's smiled softly at the mention of Edgar's mother, her herbalism teacher. She had been not only a fantastic teacher, but also a wonderful mother figure for her during her years in the village. Quite often cooking an extra plate at meal times on the days she worked at their house. They had basically become a second family to her in many ways. A far more preferable one than her blood-related one.

"Sounds wonderful, did you have anything in particular in mind? Perhaps something a little more daring than the ones you've been taking on so far?" She queried, stroking Gwendolyn gently. The tamer was unsure how dangerous of a job he was thinking of taking. So far from what she knew he had stuck to simple quests helping townsfolk, much like herself. Together, she was sure they could at least take on something a little more challenging and she could do with some proper swordsmanship training now she had her hands on one again.

#14Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Fri Sep 23, 2022 3:49 pm

Edgar
“Something more daring? Sure, but we shouldn’t do anything too extreme. I am only D Rank. after all, perhaps I could tag along to something you would usually do? I am sure the guild wouldn’t have any issues with that,” Edgar replied, seemingly thinking carefully about what he put on the table, despite his initial enthusiasm. “The last thing I’d want is to put you in danger for taking a newbie like myself.” He chuckled nervously. She was much stronger than he was, and he knew if they did anything too tricky, he’d slow her down.

“I should be able to mend any injuries so I wouldn’t be useless!” He grinned, looking at the blue-haired girl with a twinkle in his eyes, “Do you have any jobs lined up? Perhaps I can tag along! Promise I won’t be a burden.”

It was at that moment that the familiar voice of the server returned.

#15Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Sat Sep 24, 2022 11:40 am

Charlotte Harrison
"I wouldn't have agreed to work with you if I didn't want you there." She stated bluntly, waving away his comments about not being useless, "As long as we do our best, I'm sure we'll be fine. As for what kind of job..." She trailed off, trying to determine what kind of job would suit them,

"I mean I think I've seen a couple of quests about clearing out overpopulated creatures but I'm not sure that's our cup of tea..." She found herself staring at the potted plant as she thought, "There was one job that caught my eye, a bodyguarding mission in Hosenka. Although, I'm not too sure if it would be too dangerous for us alone, or not." She noted, finally lifting her gaze to meet his own, as she looked to gauge his expression and interest in either idea. Hosenka was a place known for criminal activity, it wouldn't necessarily be easy, but it had a low rating on the job, and the company hiring mages had seemed unclear how real the threat they'd received was.

#16Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Sun Sep 25, 2022 11:50 am

Edgar
“A bodyguard job sounds promising, though! I think we could handle it,” — he looked to the griffon — “With Gwen’s help, of course.” Edgar followed Charlotte’s gaze toward the lone potted plant they had positioned themselves next to before looking back up at the pink-haired server, placing a pot of tea, a small pitcher of milk and two cups with saucers in front of the two. “Here you are, the Chamomile Tea, freshly boiled and brewed.” She smiled as she placed the pot.

“Thank you!” Edgar replied before continuing his line of thought. “I haven’t been to Hosenka, but it can’t be worse than Dahlia was. It is just a dreary place, full of fear and terror of the things of the night.” he sighed as the memories of his time in Dahlia flooded back. While he had helped somewhat, he couldn’t do anything about the sources of the city's misfortune due to a lack of strength.

Edgar picked up the teapot and motioned toward Charlotte, indicating he was happy to fill her cup first before filling his own.

#17Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:04 pm

Charlotte Harrison
Charlotte shot a thankful smile at their server as their tea was placed on the table. Gwen shifted a bit on her lap, eagerly eyeing up the tray, only to chirp in disappointment that it was only the tea and not the cakes. With a quick pet to settle her down, the tamer would return to their conversation.

"Hmm..." Charlotte pondered briefly, "I wouldn't call it better or worse. It is a wonderful tourist destination, but if one were to take a wrong turn, end up in quite dangerous streets. That said, I agree we can handle a bodyguard job, even without Gwen I have even taken up the sword again." She stated rather proudly as she pushed her cup forward for him to fill. Until a week ago, she hadn't touched a sword after running away. A combination of there being no need to, along with how odd for a village girl to spend time sword training. It would have only drawn more attention to herself, given she had already been an outsider.

#18Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Sun Sep 25, 2022 12:57 pm

Edgar
“You’ve been practising again? Gotta be happy with that. I was wondering if you had.” He finished pouring the pot into her cup before switching to his own. “I’m sorta sad I never got to see you in action. You picked up father’s skills rather quickly. It’s hard to imagine you also didn’t show that dedication to your swordsmanship.”

Edgar chuckled, “Remember when we used to spar with staves? I still feel the bruises sometimes, I swear.” He put down the teapot and rubbed his right shoulder as he talked, emphasising the point. His grin, though, indicated he held no grudge. “Perhaps we should do it again sometime. Maybe I’d win for once.” He said somewhat haphazardly. He was focusing more on his tea than the conversation for a time.

He picked up his cup of tea and took a sip, holding the cup close for a time to let the aroma envelop him, relaxing him. “Chamomile tea always reminds me of home. Mother loved it.”

#19Charlotte Harrison 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Charlotte Harrison
"Your father was an excellent teacher, it would be difficult unless I was a complete dimwit to not pick up his teachings." The tamer praised the man that had taught them both martial arts. "And the only chance you'd have in beating me is if you used your magic." Charlotte teased as she pointed out her one flaw, her inability to naturally wield magic without the aid of equipment. The tamer delicately took a sip of the tea after it was poured for her. 'Indeed.' Charlotte thought to herself as the scent itself reminded her of the woman Edgar spoke of.

It wouldn't take too long for Jessie would return, cakes in hand, a separate plate for the two cupcakes that Charlotte had ordered, as she had assumed one was for Gwen. A correct assumption to make as Charlotte indicated to place one closer to the edge for Gwen to enjoy and one further away that she could eat slowly with a fork without risking the gryphon stealing it after devouring its own.

"Please enjoy, and don't be afraid to call for me if you require anything else." Jessie smiled as she placed Edgar's tart in front of him, next to which a small chocolate lay on the plate as well, "An extra little treat for the first-time cutie." She winked before taking her leave, giving the two space to continue their conversation.

"I think she likes you." The tamer teased, displaying a devilish grin as she wriggled her eyebrows in a suggestive manner the moment Jessie was out of earshot.

---

As they continued to enjoy their afternoon together eating cake and drinking tea, Charlotte would go on to tell Edgar more about the jobs she'd taken since their last meeting whilst also asking about his own. The tamer would tell him of how she delivered cakes, for this very establishment, and met Jessie in the process. The aid she had provided to the church of Illumin by helping the local priest out with administering medicines and collecting a local herb. Being sure to hint that the priest had seemed exhausted both times and could no doubt do with more help.

Lastly, she'd explain the work she'd done in Hosenka alongside Kaito. An ongoing investigation in which she'd joined a small-time gang, gathering information on them to deliver to her brother in the rune knights. Whilst she'd include how they had acted as different people as a couple, she was careful to avoid including all the embarrassing details that acting as a couple entailed.

[EXIT]

#20Edgar 

Bakery Buddies [Social | Charlotte & Edgar] Empty Sun Sep 25, 2022 1:41 pm

Edgar
“Oh?!? Well, you are on then, let’s do it! Let’s spar like old times! It will give us a chance to see where we are both at before taking on a mission together!” He raised his fist clenching it as he did so as a sign of defiance to her claim.

As Jessie returned with the cakes, her comment caught him off guard, “Thank you for the w-wonderful service!” he felt a little shy towards the girl who seemingly had taken a little bit of interest in him.

“No bulli,” he quipped to the blue-hair girl as she teased him. Before grinning widely in return.

Edgar enjoyed the rest of the afternoon listening to Charlotte's detailings of her missions listening enthusiastically before adding his missions, in Dahlia where he assisted Eowin in purifying the abandoned streets and meeting ghosts whom he assisted in finding the daughter who was off chasing a squirrel. He expressed interest in helping the church of Illumin by handing out medicines and also for delivering cupcakes, ensuring to doubly thank Jesse for her hospitality before he left.

[EXIT]

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum